Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I thought you meant what makes the people who are voting seacore vote seacore. Misintrepretation, carry on.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Seacore »

@Seacore:
1- Why the reversal in opinion of Ani?
2- Why the suspicion of Vas?
3- You called for more votes for "scum/lurker/anti town" Ani - why the opposite stance v. dramonic?

1 & 3 To me, this is pretty much the same question. We were running out of time. I couldn't get people to go with me against Robo. (Which I now feel was a good thing, his last posts during the day made me feel he was town). Nobody was going to go with me against Vas, so I didn't have a viable prime scum target.
This was then combined with the complete lack of engagement as we were approaching a late lynch.
I feel that my original read of ani has been shown to be true. He's a terrible player, who nearly always comes off as scummy but is simply anti town. For godsake, it looks like he lied to us during his claim.
So as I said, when it was crunch time, and I knew we weren't going to get a Robo or Vas lynch, I went with the player who 'could' be scum, and was at the very least, damaging to town.

My stance is not so different for ani and dram. I feel that they both often come off as scum from their posting styles. Both were playing true to style. I wouldn't say that I had town reads of them, I'd say I had null reads off them. Each scum tell that you guys found, I disagreed with. I felt it was just the way I'd seen them play before.
When it came down to the line, dram was at least posting. Whereas ani's two posts (the one with the false claim, and the other where he posted against the mod's instructions) are enough alone to make me avoid playing games with him ever again.

2) My Vas case. My ISO 24 I think is reason enough to vote for him. But there's been others. He admitted to choosing which wagon to back based on who was on those wagons, instead of which had the better case. And I'll admit, there's also a vibe there. And I find it odd that other people haven't seemed to question some of his moves.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by hp [leaves] »

Does anyone else see a connection with this role:
"The soul we save: not all, only the special ones. Leaders, thinkers, poets, dreamers, blessed lunatics."

Welcome to Babylon 5 Mafia: Severed Dreams, PLAYERNAME. You are a Soul Hunter. You have been sent on a mission to preserve the souls of several important individuals on Babylon 5, including your own.

You are a Neutral Hitman/Neutral Survivor. You have the following special abilities:

Soul Preservation - Each day, you may kill a player other than yourself. You may use this ability at most three times during the game.
Hitman Safe Claim - You know that Marcus Cole is not in the game and is a safe claim for you. If he were in the game, his alighnment faction would be Army of Light (win condition: All Shadow Operatives and Vorlon Operatives must die) and his racial faction would be Babylon 5 (win condition: all Earthforce and Minbari players must die).
Hitman Falseclaim - At any time, you may send me a role name and a list of abilities. If you do, I will send you a fake role PM using the given role name and abilities.

You win if you fulfill any one (1) of the following win conditions:

Hitman Win Condition: You win if you have a hand in the death of any three of the following five characters: Delenn, Lennier, Michael Garibaldi, Alfred Bester, and Lyta Alexander. Should you succeed in fulfilling this win condition, you will immediately remove yourself from the game. (You have a hand in the death of a player if either of the following conditions were met: you were voting for them at the time of their lynch or you killed them directly with Soul Preservation.)
Neutral Survivor Win Condition: You win if you are alive when another faction fulfills its win condition.

Please confirm via return PM.
And this win condition?
Win Condition: You win when you have acquired 3 points of each colour (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple), or nothing can prevent the same.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:42 am

Post by VasudeVa »

@HP: I don't know about the others, but my vote for you is because of the ff reasons:

1. Lurky
2. Uncomfortably null(as is with your predecessor)
3. I don't detect any protown effort from you. If anything, it almost looks like you are trying to disseminate bad info to town(No Mafia, SK only theory at 746 and whatever 752 is)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Will get back here/get caught up etc. etc. sometime tonight.
Still think at least one of VAS/HP is scum.
And at least one of : SOC/SEACORE is scum.
FLASH OF GREEN
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Elli wrote: And at least one of : SOC/SEACORE is scum.
I think that it is pretty obvious who we think that is.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually Robo, it's not obvious. A couple of you are disagreeing that I'm the scum out of that pair. Add me to that and I think it's anybody's bet as to who would be lynched between the two of us.

I think hp needs to die though. Rather than look into cases, after being presented with a (concerning but still a) downpour of votes against him, he does nothing to find other options or defend himself. Instead he posts that god awful post above.

His effort to make us stop looking for mafia and focus on this potential 3rd party role is concerning. I disagree that it would be close to impossible to fulfil that task, depending on how they gain the colours.
What if our 'poisoner' last night also gained the colours he stole. That would mean that he has/had(if Vi returned the colours with the spell) 3 colours. He only needs to find the others, but it'll slow down due to what I imagine is an overlap.

Hp, stop mod-guessing and start looking for an alternative to your lynch.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

@Elli: I'm curious how you came up with those pairings. I don't see any big link between me and HP, also Soc/Sea aside from ignoring each other for most of the game(which could be easily explained by the lurker nature of HP and Soc).

@Seacore: Trying to justify a possible mislynch = Bad. And it's a little too late to be doing policy lynches now that the possibility of a fourth scum is evident. We now know that scum will be also be scumhunting so some scumtells in each of our scum hunting manuals should be adjusted accordingly.

@Vi: I'm curious on the 180 from scum to town Badger reaction. :o. I know both of you are town, but you were clearly after his throat for most of D1 but after the claim, you gave him the benefit of the doubt(by doing the town thing liek: questioning the claim by raising the possibility of a fakeclaim). This is mostly a theory thing than a reads thing(I want to make the most of my games by learning as much as I can.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

EBWOP: (by
not
doing the town thing liek: questioning......
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Posting before prod. I've skimmed everything up to this point but not with a mental capacity to form responses.

...well, beyond these two because they're right in front of me.

@VasudeVa: Why don't we save the theory questions for postgame.~

Seacore 756 is making me twitch on a couple of levels. One example of why is kind of hard to miss even through insomnia.
Seacore 756 wrote:
What if
our 'poisoner' last night also gained the colours he stole. That would mean that he has/had(if Vi returned the colours with the spell) 3 colours. He only needs to find the others, but it'll slow down due to what I imagine is an overlap.

Hp,
stop mod-guessing
and start looking for an alternative to your lynch.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Mostly prod avoidance. I got busy unexpectedly this weekend and its going to continue untill tuesday.

Im surprised hp hasnt voted me today actually given what he said yesterday. Seems like he realized it wasnt going to be popular and gave up on it fast. Have zero clue what he is doing right now, even if you can relate this win condition to a past game im not sure what it could mean.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:16 am

Post by farside22 »

VasudeVa wrote:@Elli: I'm curious how you came up with those pairings. I don't see any big link between me and HP, also Soc/Sea aside from ignoring each other for most of the game(which could be easily explained by the lurker nature of HP and Soc).
I am not willing to vote Soc/sea or VV based on this post alone and how the votes are currently going.

Also I'm going to be busy and although I tried to be subtle and I will be busy I will just say that if the mafia has a kill and the fact there was no kill last night it was because of who I targeted.
I'm voting for that person more then just what I said yesterday.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:22 am

Post by dramonic »

I doubt Soc is scum. His play isn't exactly scummy :S
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:26 am

Post by farside22 »

dramonic wrote:I doubt Soc is scum. His play isn't exactly scummy :S
He hasn't done anything case wise. He named a few people he thought were town and voted the most popular bw going on. I wouldn't call that town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:11 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Vi wrote:Why are you so insistent that VV is not scum?
After going through and trying to provide examples for this read, im not completely sure. The fact that he seemed to be against the bigger wagons with actual reasoning is a somewhat decent tell, but not one for the strength of read I had. If ani is scum though im pretty sure it makes him town. Likewise ani-town makes hp-scum
(I'm assuming you mean VV-scum here because this post has nothing to do with me)
a good bet.
Did you forget this post?

Something tells me that I have to a detailed read on Seacore.

Btw, sorry for my setup paranoia. That most likely is the last setup-related post you'll hear from me in this game.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:59 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I read Seacore, and despite not liking his stance on RC, I don't think he's scum.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:41 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Seacore wrote:1 & 3 To me, this is pretty much the same question. We were running out of time. ...I didn't have a viable prime scum target.
This was then combined with the complete lack of engagement as we were approaching a late lynch.

I feel that my original read of ani has been shown to be true. He's a terrible player, who nearly always comes off as scummy but is simply anti town.
A valid reason to vote Ani, but I'm still curious why you were calling him scum at the end of the day if you had such a town read on him.
Seacore wrote:2) My Vas case. My ISO 24 I think is reason enough to vote for him. But there's been others. He admitted to choosing which wagon to back based on who was on those wagons, instead of which had the better case. And I'll admit, there's also a vibe there. And I find it odd that other people haven't seemed to question some of his moves.
Both of those occurred well after you started calling him scum, so I'm also a little concerned that you were accusing someone based only on "vibe" without any attempt to present some evidence.
Robocopter87 wrote:
Elli wrote: And at least one of : SOC/SEACORE is scum.
I think that it is pretty obvious who we think that is.
Having a bandwagon isn't evidence of guilt, just as not having one doesn't mean innocence.

hp: you were after Llama hard yesterday, then no commentary at all after the claim. What do you think of Llama now? And we're well into D2 without any pressure out of you - who's scum?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Percy »

Look everyone!!!
It's the
VOTE COUNT UNICORN!!!

Vi
opens vis eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

Ellibereth
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

Socrates
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

VasudeVa
opens vis eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

farside22
opens her eyes and sees
Seacore!

Robocopter87
opens his eyes and sees
Seacore!

dramonic
opens his eyes and sees
Seacore!

ElectricBadger
opens his eyes and sees
dramonic!

Seacore
LlamaFluff
and
hp [leaves]
have their eyes
shut!

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:30pm (site time) on Thursday the 6th of May
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .

Please
bold your votes
, even if you use colour(s).

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Catching up.

Socrates 732 makes me want to impale him with something. What ani was
doesn't matter
. If you don't have a reason to speculate on the setup,
stop

I have no idea why Seacore is not seeing after 736. "I have no idea why people are ignoring VasudeVa" - people like you, right? That's two posts now where Seacore is going at cross-purposes.

Hey Badger, why dramonic?
dramonic 745 wrote:If there's a (kill) doc in this game, that makes 3 confirmed town roles <<
Why the << ?

@hp 752: It's possible. *twitch* though.
farside 761 wrote:I am not willing to vote Soc/sea or VV based on this post alone and how the votes are currently going.
I don't follow.

Is anyone else seeing a ring forming between hp[l], dramonic, and Seacore?

I'm not sure if I have enough of a reason to unvote hp[l] and flip to Seacore or not. I'll think about it, but I'm leaning toward "yes".
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by dramonic »

What do you mean by ring?
As in, scumteam is us three?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Vi »

dramonic 769 wrote:What do you mean by ring?
As in, scumteam is us three?
Certainly some interaction. Although I think I got it wrong; maybe more of a daisy chain.

Socrates -- dramonic -- hp[l] -- Seacore
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

@Vi: I'm reading VV post on and making defenses for others. He also points out they could be ignoring each other do to lack of posting and if that was true about everyone morph would not have been lynched.

In other news I'm sad most are ignoring my comments about the lack of kill.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vi wrote:Hey Badger, why dramonic?
At the time I voted, he was the only player who hadn't posted today; and haven't decided on a wagon to push yet today, the two major ones are scummy but not quite obvscum.
farside22 wrote:In other news I'm sad most are ignoring my comments about the lack of kill.
Been doing my utmost to ignore all the setup discussion surrounding the lack of kill in the hopes it would stop. But yes, your soft claim is noted. I'm processing what to do with it based on what happens if you're wrong - and at this point that's probably an 'oops, my bad' discussion, so it carries some weight but not as much as an actual claim; but that course of action probably isn't great either. There's not even evidence yet that the poisoning wasn't the mafia hit: basically there's a lot of 'ifs' for your action to be taken as proof.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Post by Vi »

farside22 771 wrote:In other news I'm sad most are ignoring my comments about the lack of kill.
It would be kind of hypocritical to fish for your role after getting someone to impale Socrates for his setup speculation.
farside 771 wrote:@Vi: I'm reading VV post on and making defenses for others. He also points out they could be ignoring each other do to lack of posting and if that was true about everyone morph would not have been lynched.
I'm still confused. You said you weren't willing to vote for Socrates/Seacore or VV, but your vote's on Seacore now...
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 am

Post by dramonic »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Vi wrote:Hey Badger, why dramonic?
At the time I voted, he was the only player who hadn't posted today; and haven't decided on a wagon to push yet today, the two major ones are scummy but not quite obvscum.
I'm on Seacore right now badger.
@Farside: You're possibly jumping to conclusions with that softclaim.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”