farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:58 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
VasudeVa wrote:@Elli: I'm curious how you came up with those pairings. I don't see any big link between me and HP, also Soc/Sea aside from ignoring each other for most of the game(which could be easily explained by the lurker nature of HP and Soc).
I am
not
willing to vote Soc/sea or VV based on this post alone and how the votes are currently going.

Also I'm going to be busy and although I tried to be subtle and I will be busy I will just say that if the mafia has a kill and the fact there was no kill last night it was because of who I targeted.
I'm voting for that person more then just what I said yesterday.
Sorry Vi it's fixed now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

ElectricBadger wrote: Been doing my utmost to ignore all the setup discussion surrounding the lack of kill in the hopes it would stop. But yes, your soft claim is noted. I'm processing what to do with it based on what happens if you're wrong - and at this point that's probably an 'oops, my bad' discussion, so it carries some weight but not as much as an actual claim; but that course of action probably isn't great either. There's not even evidence yet that the poisoning wasn't the mafia hit: basically there's a lot of 'ifs' for your action to be taken as proof.
You have a point but I do find it most odd that you only lost your color. We already have speculated by some that the post on the first page could be a 3rd party role. But a mafia without a kill..............I'll try not to speculate but if there was any truth to that I'm glad I'm not mafia then it would suck to say the least.
@Farside: You're possibly jumping to conclusions with that softclaim.
Possible but it explains to me in my mind a lack of NK (as I said I find it hard to imagine a mafia group without a kill mechanism) and second I found Seacore scummy yesterday and so far nothing is changing my view on it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Socrates »

Date: April 27, 2010.

Mood:

Dear Journal: People are falling back on the old idea that "setup speculation is bad bad bad." and I don't have the personal endurance to argue against a deep seated idea right now. *frustration*

I'm also getting attacked by that stupid content angle again, but this time the buzzword is "cases". Then my attacker goes and softclaims some kind of protective role. :| If my theory that Ani was an SK with a night kill and the mafia has a poison kill is correct, she might need some further scrutiny.

Hp seems to be rolling over and taking it. This concerns me greatly. I expect his buddies to be, if not bussing right now, planning to bus soon if he does in fact turn out to be scum.

Note for further entries: Re-read Dram (I had forgotten he was in this game. :?), figure out who the scum are on Hp, finally ask that pretty girl out.

@vi: What specifically are you talking about when you say you see a daisy chain? They are all hot topics of discussion so them having interactions with each other isn't too surprising.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 am

Post by VasudeVa »

hey guys still here. my keyboad broke. ih8 typng on on screen keyboard. ths is mostly prod avoidnce 4 now
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Dear diary,

Some person seems to believe the morph is some 3rd party role. I don't know about you diary but i would be asking the mod.
He also seems to think he should be immune to making cases and that following should be tolerated. The nerve of scummy players.

Mod: Is morph a 3rd party role?
Last edited by farside22 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Vi »

Socrates 777 wrote:@vi: What specifically are you talking about when you say you see a daisy chain? They are all hot topics of discussion so them having interactions with each other isn't too surprising.
Timely defenses of each other.

The thing is, I have no idea where you're getting the idea that ani was an SK. Blue normally isn't the color used for Town, but nothing in that role name suggests "SK". That's why the speculation is "pointless".

What do you think of Seacore?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Vi »

EBWOP: "pointless" would be better replaced by "unfounded".
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

I checked with Percy last night, Ani was town.

No time for more commentary atm.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Socrates »

Vi wrote:The thing is, I have no idea where you're getting the idea that ani was an SK. Blue normally isn't the color used for Town, but nothing in that role name suggests "SK". That's why the speculation is "pointless".
Ani lied about his role, but Llama claims to have role based information that the mafia is colorless and he had color. His play which seemed to be to take no hard stances and lurk his ass off fit a potential SK mentality. Changeling doesn't make you think SK?

Anyway, according to EB this is a moot point so whatevs.
Vi wrote:What do you think of Seacore?
A tough question. After ISOing him, his push on Robo makes me uncomfortable. Beating up on a weak player is an easy thing for scum to do, since they can be confident that their surperior rhetorical skills will make them look good. I get especially uncomfortable when he says stuff like this:
Seacore in 274 wrote:However, if I'm wrong (and there's usually a good chance of that on day 1), I'm not going to lose much sleep over it.
I'm not going to apologise for the lynch, if he flips town. I don't apologise for legit lynches.
Plus the way he tried to sell the Robocopter lynch at deadline didn't sit well with me.

Incedentally, he hasn't voted yet today, and I am eager to see where he goes.

The problem is that I don't know Seacore at all. If he is the type of player that would fall on the easy target as town (they wouldn't be easy targets if townies didn't do that.), then that would color my interpretation of his play.

And this post threw me for a loop:
Seacore in post 280 wrote:Also, why are people specifically posting town reads? Isn't this generally agreed to be a terrible idea?
I have a hard time seeing scum post this, but I don't know how to articulate why. Do you see why or am I speaking gibberish?

Mrm. I need to look over what other people are saying about him again.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Can I get a very consice read of hp on sea and sea on hp?

They both seems to be going all over the place on eachother
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Seacore »

I didn't find Mae scummy, and I'm not so sure about hp.

I don't like the lack of defence today. But that could easily come from a town who replaces in, gets some heat and loses interest.

There's also an early post in which hp calls out Llama, saying that it is never a good idea to claim colours. The reason was, because town don't have colour as a win condition.
Now, I think I know why Llama thought it might occassionally be okay to claim colour, and I believe his claim for the moment. But I think that hp's comment on the subject tastes of town.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Soc. There was a lot of AtE in 777. And for someone who hasn't copped nearly as much heat as hp and I, he seems to be just as defensive.

Might as well place a vote.

see Soc
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

How confident is everyone that myself, Vi, EB and RC are town here? Im actually debating a massclaim here, especially as all of the "probably town" seeming people have claimed at least partially.
Co-host of The USL Show
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

/anti-prod.
Busy with AP cramming and got sucked into one other game. Will try to catch uo soon. Sorry.
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:How confident is everyone that myself, Vi, EB and RC are town here? Im actually debating a massclaim here, especially as all of the "probably town" seeming people have claimed at least partially.
So I believe Vi town. EB could have been targeted by a 3rd party but after the claim I'm finding it difficult to believe EB is scum.
RC is really invisible but i did feel his push was scum motivated.
You I see have a big fat ? on.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Its an idea.

How bout we vote on it?

If the majority of us says yes, than we do it. and the people who refuse to claim if we do decide to do it will be lynched accordingly after we give them some time to respond. I know this sounds pretty oppurtunistic for the people who already claim like me. But I think this might work but ask the town for approval.

vote massclaim
thats one out of a needed six.

Mod, this doesn't interfere with our votes, please, I know you are smart enoguh to already know that and are like, "What U think Im dumb?" but better safe than sorry.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Idea, meaning vote count.

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

EBWOP, my bad, that was dumb, Idea meaning massclaim.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

LlamaFluff 786 wrote:How confident is everyone that myself, Vi, EB and RC are town here? Im actually debating a massclaim here, especially as all of the "probably town" seeming people have claimed at least partially.
I don't think it's a bad idea, especially since only Robocopter has fullclaimed.

I'll go for it on condition that the people who have already partly claimed elaborate on their claims
last
. No color reveal, of course.

On that subject,
Seacore 785 wrote:There's also an early post in which hp calls out Llama, saying that it is never a good idea to claim colours. The reason was, because town don't have colour as a win condition.
Now, I think I know why Llama thought it might occassionally be okay to claim colour, and I believe his claim for the moment. But I think that hp's comment on the subject tastes of town.
I'm curious as to why LlamaFluff hasn't said anything about this.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

I don't think it's a bad idea, especially since only Robocopter has fullclaimed.
U gotta vote massclaim then man. We wanna keep track of the people for it and against it so we can use it as evidence in the future.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm going to assume people can read my posts and tell what I'm thinking. It's the same reason I don't FoS.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'm also pro massclaim
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vi wrote:On that subject,
Seacore 785 wrote:There's also an early post in which hp calls out Llama, saying that it is never a good idea to claim colours. The reason was, because town don't have colour as a win condition.
I'm curious as to why LlamaFluff hasn't said anything about this.
Mostly because I never read it. Just popped in with massclaim idea.

Anyways

Its not a good idea to claim colors randomly because someone has a win condition directly related to colors. I did say if your role hinged on your color then its ok to claim colors, my role is due to colors, so I went with the assumption that there may be others that are similar.

hp just made a case that looks like he read me in iso instead of in context. Never spent the time dismanting the case, posting "read again in context" ten times sounds dull.
Co-host of The USL Show
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

I'm fine with a massclaim.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Seacore »

That's four out of the six we need, assuming that llama is still cool with his idea.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

A D2 massclaim with only town dead, and he with an unclear role? Are we basically assuming the game is completely breakable, then?

I'm against. First thing most reviewers look for is assurance that a mass claim won't bust the game.
LlamaFluff wrote:How confident is everyone that myself, Vi, EB and RC are town here? Im actually debating a massclaim here, especially as all of the "probably town" seeming people have claimed at least partially.
You've provided interesting information, but I don't see anything in your partial claim that can prove you're town. Although it's a bold move, your behavior is an excellent play for an NK immune SK: present your role as a miller, use knowledge of your own role to out mafia and feel town, and support a mass claim so you and the mafia know exactly who to hit so town is taken out of the game quickly. If such is the case it explains the lack of a mafia kill (you have a specifically anti-mafia ability and knowledge and probably would have been the obvious target) and why I was a priority for an SK kill (watching is one of the only game mechanics that could break your claim). Alternatively, if mafia have to find one another then again, your game fits those goals nicely too, as Vi pointed out yesterday. And in review I'm not sure why you announced that scum might be looking for each other without any evidence of it - a miller claim would virtually assure you'd stay alive overnight, and better to keep looking for signalling scum when they aren't aware of being observed.

Also, I still don't like Robo's claim. Vi is obvtown though.

In other news, we seem to've moved from condescending to passive aggressive. Yay.
Socrates wrote:Dear Journal: People are falling back on the old idea that "setup speculation is bad bad bad." and I don't have the personal endurance to argue against a deep seated idea right now. *frustration*
So you want us to speculate, aren't going to explain why, and have nothing to contribute to said speculation?
Socrates wrote:I'm also getting attacked by that stupid content angle again, but this time the buzzword is "cases"
So you're claiming you've posted a lot of content?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”