Newbie 906 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Phaen »

Sorry for disappearing, guys. My interests drifted towards different things and this game was really stressing me out. I should have at least sent a PM to Kison asking to be replaced instead of dragging it out...
PaltryExcuse wrote:Also disappointed to know that I'll never know why I was killed.
We were cop/doc hunting and you were unclaimed.
Skill wrote:@one of the scummies: Do you think you could post the QT?
Here's the scum (me + jammer) talking on N1: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/SWRgvwGPrFA
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 am

Post by PranaDevil »

"Maybe kill PD, he seems VT but annoyingly obvious town and unpredictable in his actions."

Love you both too :P

Also a good reason why people shouldn't claim any kind of VT role early off. Also it means Paltry's ability to draw the kill was less to do with him being clever Vanilla, and more to do with "basically every other bugger claimed outside of Prana, who a potential doc would protect" lol.

Love the QT's though, I'm thinking of setting up a QT for all future games I run, as they're great to look back on after the game. Someone using PM or MSN doesn't give such a good feel after really.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:38 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

QT's are definitely the way I like to go when I am modding games. They are so much easier, and it is a way to make sure the mafia are staying in line when it comes to only talking at night.

Even though I didn't have the longest life in this game, it was a good game to play in and I had fun. I knew it was the redbox slot as scum but I was wrong in my other guess as I really thought it was Apathy/Troll.

For those who were wondering, I try and gather information by reading more than speaking and anyone who knows me in real life can tell you that I am not really a very vocal person in anything I do until I have something that I can back up. If I make a case on someone, you can know that I am fully behind it. However, my playstyle often gets me lynched on Day 1 because it seems like I am actively lurking, and I guess by the definition of it, I am but as the game goes on, I can be a formidable open.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:45 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Quiet scum!

What do you mean he was proven innocent when we killed him? Bah!
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Skill006 »

@perez and phaen: thank you for the quick topic (and pm exchange) :D

Didn't realize that not all mods set those up, they're really interesting to look at endgame :)
phaen wrote:Sorry for disappearing, guys. My interests drifted towards different things and this game was really stressing me out. I should have at least sent a PM to Kison asking to be replaced instead of dragging it out...
No worries, I was feeling the same way a lot (and even when I thought I should replace I couldn't bring myself to do it, I had been in the game for the whole time :) ). There were a lot of times when I got bored of the game too, but next time you start losing so much interest you can't bring yourself to post anything, just replace out, and don't be afraid to do it, unless something drives you back to post. I'm glad that you didn't leave the site, though :D
phaen (quick topic) wrote:Skill suspects you and me, and she's the only one. I don't know how she does it.
This definitely boosts my pride! XD That aside, lurking has always been a very big scumtell for me, and most of the people I was suspecting were lurkers.
jammer (qt) wrote:Not skill, she is slowly getting ripe for a miss-lynch. I don't know how she gets both of us as scum, I think she doesn't really know herself as well. With her case(s) on me I didn't had the idea she picked on the really scummy things. I think it made her look bad and distracting from the real scummy bits of me.
Can't tell you how true this is. I was only slightly sure in my read of jammer, and like I said my posting of the case was to see how he would answer yada yada, but the main problem was that I couldn't explain my suspicion of jammer very well. And yeah, it ended up making me look bad :oops:
jammer wrote:Skill : jammer & Phean(primarly redbox) <=== epic scumhunter.
lol I'm awesome (But I was so darn wishy washy, there was only a time where I was ABSOLUTELY convinced they were scum).
phaen (qt) wrote:Thing is, although PranaDevil may be annoyingly pro-town, he's more likely to mislynch someone. Even when everyone was pressuring PaltryExcuse to hammer Ray he thought it through and didn't. PranaDevil, however, has been happy to put tons of people at L-1 and holler for their lynching. Since Prana is so quick to jump at people I figured he could be used to our advantage.
This is what I thought scum would be thinking come night 2, which is why I was not expecting prana to be NKed (and was not expecting him to be frozen in a block of ice, either XD).
jamjam wrote:I've sended PaltryExcuse as the kill and skill as the role-block target.
Their reasons definitely make sense, but it still feels weird that I was roleblocked :| Don't know why...
prana wrote:Quiet scum!

What do you mean he was proven innocent when we killed him? Bah!
You're just too stubborn XD (Even though you did find time to be suspicious of everyone in the game...)
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Why are my posts bigger in the endgame than in the actual game... :?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Kison »

Perez wrote:Kison, what did you think of how this game from the mods' all knowing point of view?
I've moderated four or five newbie games now and this was probably my favorite one. For the most part, the game remained active on a consistent basis, even though the end was a big fiasco on the town's part. Even most of the players who were replaced were very into it while they were still playing. I find it funny that the players who were scum were so stressed out by the game, but I can definitely relate to that as I was scum in my first game, too. Other than that, my "all knowingness" didn't really give me a hugely different perspective as the format of this game was very simple.

Thanks all for playing. Hope to see every around the site. Don't go disappearing on us!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Skill006 wrote:Why are my posts bigger in the endgame than in the actual game... :?
Because you're scum!

What do you mean SHE was ALSO cleared after? Dammit! One of these days I'll lynch correctly!
Phaen
Phaen
Goon
Phaen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 am

Post by Phaen »

Skill wrote:That aside, lurking has always been a very big scumtell for me, and most of the people I was suspecting were lurkers.
You listed me at the top of your scumlist even while I was active. Jammer might have been lurking but I wasn't at the time that QT quote was written.

It shouldn't feel weird to be roleblocked. It was dangerous for us to outright kill you and it was dangerous for us to let you have a night action.
I'm a chocoholic. I just can't live without that chocohol!
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Skill006 »

You listed me at the top of your scumlist even while I was active. Jammer might have been lurking but I wasn't at the time that QT quote was written.
That's true, and I never suspected you for lurking (though I suspected redbox because of his lurking). I guess jmurph and you were the 2 suspicions that weren't based off of lurking.

I thought redbox was scum, like jammer said (in the qt), but it was mostly gut and pretty tentative. So when you replaced in and gave those replacement posts that made you look town (must've been doubly hard writing those as scum, now that I think about it 0_0), I wanted to see how you would post without reviewing the past part of the game. My suspcions kept snowballing into this thing that I didn't want to let go of, because I rarely get suspicions in mafia games so when I do, I cling on to them for dear life and thats why my suspicions stayed pretty much the same throughout the game.

I have a weird playstyle >.>

Still, for the time you were here I thought you played really well. Those first posts definitely gave everyone the impression that you were town, and as scum its probably pretty hard to actually read and analyze through everything and think the same way a townie does (hard enough as a townie XD) I commend you for that :)
prana wrote:Because you're scum!
Does that mean I win?
What do you mean SHE was ALSO cleared after? Dammit! One of these days I'll lynch correctly!
You never actually lynched me. Even though I got close to being lynched a couple of times, some magical force always pushed it away from me.

Well, whatever. We'll all get the hang of finding actual scumtells sooner or later, and I'm sure one day you will lynch scum (and hopefully they won't be your buddy).
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In all honesty, I can see this going the same way as other games I play... I'll wind up being pretty hot when it comes to running things, but completely useless at actually playing it.

Case in point, I used to run an e-fed (wrestling roleplaying thing), and while plenty of people respected my opinion on how to roleplay, and what was good to do, and how to improve... could I do well? Nope, for me to have even a slightly entertaining roleplay it had to be some form of slapstick humour or just stupid humour.

I can see Mafia going the same way, I ran a game elsewhere and it went down well, people found it pretty balanced, and I've only been playing the game a short while. So I picked up how to run a game well, it's just that playing it is a whole different ball game XD.

Ah well, I'll continue playing anyway, because it's great fun, and keeps me occupied... although, as another friend (who I've managed to get into the game, whoo!) asked me... is it a bad sign when the first thing you think of when you wake up is this sodding game? lol
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Kison »

PranaDevil wrote:Ah well, I'll continue playing anyway, because it's great fun, and keeps me occupied... although, as another friend (who I've managed to get into the game, whoo!) asked me... is it a bad sign when the first thing you think of when you wake up is this sodding game? lol
At least you haven't had Mafia dreams yet. :P
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Kison wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:Ah well, I'll continue playing anyway, because it's great fun, and keeps me occupied... although, as another friend (who I've managed to get into the game, whoo!) asked me... is it a bad sign when the first thing you think of when you wake up is this sodding game? lol
I've had mafia arguments going through my head at night. It actually gets quite intense XD
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Skill006 wrote:
Kison wrote:
I've had mafia arguments going through my head at night. It actually gets quite intense XD
Hey, it's all well and good for you, my very first game (not here, this was my second :P) I landed a cop role. I played so badly in that game I actually started thinking "I" was scum XD.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Skill006 »

PranaDevil wrote:
Skill006 wrote:
Kison wrote:
Hey, it's all well and good for you, my very first game (not here, this was my second :P) I landed a cop role. I played so badly in that game I actually started thinking "I" was scum XD.
Woah, same here 0_0 (I was cop in my first game, and I played really terribly. And I totally outed myself at the worst time).
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I never even had to out myself, the scum worked out who I was, and led me along while roleblocking me each night XD.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Wow, that must've sucked :o

I investigated scum on night 1, but he practically claimed scum the next day (hint hint RayFrost), so it proved useless lol
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Skill006 wrote:Wow, that must've sucked :o

I investigated scum on night 1, but he practically claimed scum the next day (hint hint RayFrost), so it proved useless lol
Not only did I practically claim scum...

I got you to claim cop to CC me unnecessarily.

And then my partner won it.

Mad skills right there. :P

gg guys, though I'm sad about the end result.
don't you feel silly now?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Skill006 »

And then my partner won it.
Not my fault.
though I'm sad about the end result.
Also not my fault.
I
wasn't in endgame. I don't suck at this game! *sniff
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”