Socrates!

LlamaFluff
and
hp [leaves]
have their eyes
shut!

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:30pm (site time) on Thursday the 6th of May
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .
farside22 wrote:Mod: Is morph a 3rd party role?
animorpherv1 was Town-aligned.

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Vi »

ElectricBadger 799 wrote:In other news, we seem to've moved from condescending to passive aggressive. Yay.
I feel like a real menace to society now. :(

Maybe I'm being just a bit on the cuppy cake side but I'm still holding out for evidence that there is supposed to be more than one kill. As it stands I can understand if people don't want to follow L-Fluff's lead. I can
suggest
from talking to the mod shortly before the game went into sign-ups that this setup came about in a relatively short time, so it's not completely implausible that something might have been overlooked in balance.

Even if there's no massclaim, we still have material to work with.

*Why hasn't LlamaFluff voted Today?
*Is anyone else noticing that hp[leaves] is explicitly looking for a third party and only a third party?
*Seacore, you've seen Socrates play before. Do you think he's an anti-Town player in general?
*Seacore, if VV is your top suspect, why not vote him?
*Has anyone else noticed that between the defenses and griping Socrates isn't actually scumhunting?
*Is it just me or is VasudeVa laying very, very low Today?
*Why hasn't hp[leaves] voted Today?

I definitely have a theory here but I'll wait for responses to the above.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:15 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Vi wrote:*Is anyone else noticing that hp[leaves] is explicitly looking for a third party and only a third party?
I actually said that I suspect the existence of a mafia in one of my earlier posts. I still feel a connection between VV/LF; but I doubt LF would try to pull off a game-long gambit.

*Why hasn't hp[leaves] voted Today?
Nice question
Also I have caught something nice:
dram wrote:What is this, claimville?
Let's all draw a big map of PR targets, you guys have a good start =_=;
dram wrote:I'm fine with a massclaim.
See dram

Explain please.

I'm pro-massclaim
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:16 am

Post by dramonic »

That was day 1 HP, things have changed, confirmations have become possible.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I have a question to llama first:

Why were you worried about the vote count showing players what colors they are if you believe the scum to be colorless?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

not laying low coz i want to.. cnt really do much w/o keyboard. only go online 2 practice songs 4 show nd to attmpt to respond 2 posts directed at me. my vote stys on hp bcoz i see flailng scm. dram and seacore wagon looks good 2. prmise 2 get new keyboard soon. compshop closes aftr rehearsals. b4 rehearsls i have school :(. if 7/11 sold keyboards i would buy one.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Vi wrote:
ElectricBadger 799 wrote:In other news, we seem to've moved from condescending to passive aggressive. Yay.
Nah, that was a poke at the mom voice and the dear diary BS.
Vi wrote:*Is anyone else noticing that hp[leaves] is explicitly looking for a third party and only a third party?
Very good point.

Maemuki
-Iso 2: long, but pure fluff, votes omnino – only more useless player
-Continues with zero scumhunting
-iso 8 isn’t going to move vote until slot has been filled and ‘redeemed’ – VERY scummy, trying to earn townie points as anti-lurker but is actually actively lurking herself to do it
-light attacks on robo but refuses to vote him

Summary: Generally pointless, no scumhunting, voting an empty slot…seems to’ve mistaken the game for a chat group. Quits when called out on vote. Scummy read.

Hp[leaves]
-iso 2 votes Vas (lurking) – valid, but also easy first vote…meh.
-iso 4 first analysis: TM = neutral read…not very helpful
-iso 5 on llama, votes, mediocre case
-iso 6 “Claim, scum” – no comments or suspicions on me at all, but suddenly convinced I’m scum – transparent attempt to follow the crowd
No commentary on Llama following his claims? Strange to abandon primary suspect without a word
-iso 11 v. unreasoned votes, valid defense. Setup speculation – only an SK, no mafia…unlikely to have a single scum in a 12 player game; attempt at misdirection?
-iso 12 more setup speculation – very tenuous link between roles, but no conclusions; more distraction is unhelpful to town
-iso 13 backtracking on setup spec, promises detailed read on Seacore (competing wagon makes this very overdue) - but only comment is vague, no questions or analysis
-iso 15 is barely a case on dram, obviously a token vote after being called out by Vi rather than an explanation - very scummy

Summary: Heavy lurking, minimal scumhunting; several scum tells and no town tells.
Vi wrote:I definitely have a theory here but I'll wait for responses to the above.
*Curious*
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 am

Post by Socrates »

Meh, I've decided that seacore's town. Still need to get that Dramonic re-read done. Also add Elli to that list.
*Has anyone else noticed that between the defenses and griping Socrates isn't actually scumhunting?
What specifically are you looking for that you don't see? My feelings on most of the players in the game can be discerned from my posts.

I'd rather not massclaim for role related reasons.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Socrates »

EB wrote:So you want us to speculate, aren't going to explain why, and have nothing to contribute to said speculation?
What? That was a bitter response to Vi wanting to impale me for setup speculation.
So you're claiming you've posted a lot of content?
No, my point is that content is a subjective buzzword that means what people want it to mean.

I'm going to ask again. I might not have the biggest word count, but I've put stances down and provided opinions. What more are you looking for? What haven't I commented on?
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Socrates wrote:I'm going to ask again. I might not have the biggest word count, but I've put stances down and provided opinions. What more are you looking for? What haven't I commented on?
You give commentary, but I don't really see any effort to find or confront scum from you; most notably, your questions are almost exclusively rhetorical or defensive. You come off more as an observer than a player.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:24 am

Post by farside22 »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Vi wrote:
Nah, that was a poke at the mom voice and the dear diary BS.
Yeah I'm bitchy about some people's comments is there a point to it? Absolutely.

On a side note I need to reread hp just to see what is what. For now work calls and I hope by today to have it tamed down.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:25 am

Post by farside22 »

ElectricBadger wrote:
Socrates wrote:I'm going to ask again. I might not have the biggest word count, but I've put stances down and provided opinions. What more are you looking for? What haven't I commented on?
You come off more as an observer than a player.
This ^
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:20 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:I have a question to llama first:

Why were you worried about the vote count showing players what colors they are if you believe the scum to be colorless?
Was mostly a panic of "there are colors, I dont have colors, I dont want to be forced to claim what looks like miller on information". Untill right now I never even considered this.

@Vi - At this point I am waiting for massclaim before I vote since I havent had the time to do an indepth look at the Sea/hp wagons. Off the top of my head, hp is scummier, but I like the sea wagon better based off other reads.

hp just made another out of context case though
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 am

Post by dramonic »

Any order for the massclaim?
Popcorn?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

dramonic wrote:Any order for the massclaim?
Popcorn?
I would say hp first due to him having the most votes and me still being undecided on which of hp/sea is a better vote. I would say EB/Vi make final decision though.
Co-host of The USL Show
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:53 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Hmm. I greatly dislike this direction, and will blatantly attempt to derail it.

Unsee dramonic, See hp[leaves]

L-1. If you're serious about your suspicions, Llama, push him to claim and we'll move from there. I'd much rather one scummy individual claim than we feed all our info to the scum.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Ellibereth »

CATCH UP COMENCING.
MAY NOT BE DONE UNTIL TOMORROW. AP TESTS SUCK.
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am

Post by farside22 »

I think the only thing that is going to hurt doing a mass claim is what EB claimed yesterday about having a watcher ability but the info going to someone else. Obviously EB was a target because of the claim but the scum are still clueless as to who the actual person is that gets the info.
Now if you think the person getting the info is scum then why would EB be a target?
Again this is all dependant on if Eb was the target of the 3rd party (which I'm going on that assumption) or whether mafia has some weird ability that takes color away from a player without killing them. (I'm assuming based on mod story line EB was not dead just without color)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Vi »

Vi says no too at this point. L-Fluff is doing a good job of making himself look shady atm
for which I partly blame the avatar

Also,
VV 805 wrote:if 7/11 sold keyboards i would buy one.
Without implying any schadenfreude I found this funny.

Post on what I was talking about earlier to come when I'm caught up elsewhere.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vi wrote:Vi says no too at this point. L-Fluff is doing a good job of making himself look shady atm
for which I partly blame the avatar
I blame inattention on a midterm yesterday and finals starting next week.

Will try to get everything on hp/Sea ironed out sometime tonight
Co-host of The USL Show
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Seacore »

Actually, badger raises a good point.

There's a slight compromise.

Hp should claim, and from there we decide whether we want everybody else to claim.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Just did a bit of iso reading and actually still like the TM/Soc lynch quite a bit, at the same time though I like the hp lynch to a lesser extent. My main confusion now is coming from the Soc-hp-Sea circle, each one is voting one and being vote by the other.

For Soc - I still think that slot is very scummy. Soc hasnt done a whole lot so far, but in contrast to TM, he is making a whole lot more noise. There are quite a few obvious town reads, but the only clear scum read is hp, while sea gets chased all over the place.

Given how Sea has been treating Soc, off early today I would not at all be surprised if they were both scum. Now Sea is out of nowhere voting Soc though for "overuse of AtE", for just about the rest of the game he was convinced he was town. He also seems to be waffling a bit on hp, going from "hp is anti town" to "mae wasnt scummy, hp is null"

More surprising about Sea is that he no longer is pushing the RC case when he was trying to get anything going on him all of yesterday.

hp has just been putting up very very bad cases for his time in the game, or at least ones that are taken entirely out of context. He did that with my journey through early vote counts, and just did it again with the push on dram. He also seems to be very interested in the color win condition, which is kind of scummy on it own.

Im going to shift through notes for a little more, but will go

FoS
Sea

at this point. I just am not quite sure enough to lay that vote down. Also I have finals at the end of next week spilling over to the middle of the following week. I will be very inactive for that time.
Co-host of The USL Show
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Seacore »

I get that I haven't been consistent on some things, it is part of my game that I'm working on.

However, I'll respond directly to the RC point. I stopped pushing RC during twilight, or just before. Yes, I was pushing him long after everybody else dropped off, but I did make a post declaring that I (finally) found him town.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Vi »

@mod: This is exam week. Please extend the deadline to compensate.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:26 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I love how many people went from Mae-null to Mae-scummy.

I hate how it had to come to this. Because claiming at L-1 is pretty risky(quickhammers), I beg for one of you to unvote. I'll claim at L-2.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”