ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

VasudeVa wrote:Challenge the prod time limit, try to fit in without catching much attention by doing some weak scumhunting to not get NKed and lynched, and attempt to redirect any attention drawn towards you. That's how I imagine any BP to play anyway although he did play that horribly.
I've never played with a BP, but I was a paranoid gun owner once, and I imagine the play would be similar: both roles are ones that you WANT to be targetted as the NK, so I was super aggressive town, dropped a couple fake role tells, etc.

The best play for a BP would have been to sacrifice oneself to ensure power roles could carry on afterwards and that one wouldn't be lynched - the opposite of lurking.

Also, his support of a mass claim is a huge tell. Knowing he was the likely lynch today - if it really would give us two nights - would make claiming our PRs an
especially
bad move. Claiming his own role in any but the most extreme case prevents him from being an NK target and, if he were town, would leave him as a continuing threat to town. He's either scum or town that's willing to work against his own side to keep alive and lurk uselessly in the corner.

Kill the scum and lets move on with the game.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Seacore »

Also, his support of a mass claim is a huge tell. Knowing he was the likely lynch today - if it really would give us two nights - would make claiming our PRs an especially bad move.
Doesn't this assume hp is a strong player?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Percy »

Look everyone!!!
It's the
VOTE COUNT UNICORN!!!

Ellibereth
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

Socrates
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

VasudeVa
opens vis eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

ElectricBadger
opens his eyes and sees
hp [leaves]!

farside22
opens her eyes and sees
Seacore!

Robocopter87
opens his eyes and sees
Seacore!

dramonic
opens his eyes and sees
Seacore!

hp [leaves]
opens his eyes and sees
dramonic!

Seacore
opens his eyes and sees
Socrates!

LlamaFluff
and
Vi
have their eyes
shut!

Vi wrote:@mod: This is exam week. Please extend the deadline to compensate.
I'll extend the deadline by a few days :D

The deadline for today's lynch is
10:30pm (site time) on Monday the 10th of May
. You can view a countdown to the deadline .

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Vi »

Seacore 851 wrote:
Also, his support of a mass claim is a huge tell. Knowing he was the likely lynch today - if it really would give us two nights - would make claiming our PRs an especially bad move.
Doesn't this assume hp is a strong player?
hp[l] has been onsite almost as long as I have. He wasn't the strongest of players when we first met, but I would expect better after like 1.5 years or so.
E-Badger 850 wrote:I've never played with a BP, but I was a paranoid gun owner once, and I imagine the play would be similar: both roles are ones that you WANT to be targetted as the NK
Actually, the games I've seen with a BP (windkirby's M. Normal; Kmd4390's Twilight Mafia; I don't remember if I Hate Vanilla had one but that game was odious to begin with) also had a Guard that could stop NKs on BPs
because
their ability still activated if they were NKd.
Optimal play as a Beloved Princess is to
replace out
fly under the radar in the least scummy way possible.

I'm not sure how that affects the reasoning behind your conclusion about him supporting a massclaim, but I still agree with your conclusion and would like to see what hp[l] has to say about it.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 am

Post by farside22 »

I do agree with EB that hp's agreement with a mass claim
hp [leaves] wrote: I'm pro-massclaim
with the type of role he has makes no sense. I would personally if I had that role be against mass claiming.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:55 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Vi wrote:...isn't that how you would expect scum to play?
Well, yeah scum and BP would have subversion into town high in their list of motivations. However, scum would have some malice in their play, BP won't since she's town aligned. My main argument on his 'somewhat BP' play is that don't really remember/detect that much malice in his earlier D1 play. If anything it looked like fail-lurker town. Late D1(asking for the claim) and D2 is when his play slowly crawled towards the malicious side.

On the side note: I hate hp's username. D:<. It seems that I can't properly stalk his games on msutils with that username(or is my comp bugging? Highly unlikely though).

@hp: Gimme 3 town games and 3 scum games please.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Alright, I know that Claiming town doesn't make you town, but trying to get a beloved princess kill
with no reasons
isn't cool.

I don't get why the heck a beloved princess would be pro massclaim. I'm starting to think the massclaim was a bad idea. But thats in hindsight, I think it was a good idea to see who was pro and against which is helping the Hp case. I want to vote HP though I think Seacore is still the scummiest. But First I will give Hp a chance to talk.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:32 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

VasudeVa wrote:I am sort of inclined to believe the claim because he did somewhat play like a BP....if BP wasn't an excellent scum fakeclaim. I also hate the fact that
the 'new info' you gave is openly available in thread
and it is quite safe to just say that. And you are the only one who's gunning for the 'SK'(Possibly WIFOM to say 'I pointed out SK!'). I don't really know the proper play for a sketchy BP claim though.
If you can openly conclude that malfunction is the only kill method, you are scum. And it means scum do not have a kill.

BP isn't an excellent scum claim. It's almost never found in games, and it is never verifiable.

Actually my role PM is pretty simplistic. It just lists my rolename, what happens when I die, what my colors are, how the dark forces would like to know my colors and my win condition. The only recognizable flavor is the classic funeral thing.

My stance about the massclaim is pretty normal if you consider when my ability triggers (or is it? Haha, WIFOMing the scum. I may have made a mistake though). Which I'm not going to elaborate.

Also the vig comment seems weird as we had only one kill attempt last night.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

VV:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9350 scum
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9392 scum

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10103 town
Mind Screw 3 town (can't be bothered to find a link)
Martyr Mafia town (can't be bothered to find a link)
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Vi »

hp[l] 857 wrote:If you can openly conclude that malfunction is the only kill method, you are scum. And it means scum do not have a kill.
Agree with the first but not the second. Notice also--
hp[l] 857 wrote:Also the vig comment seems weird as we had only one kill attempt last night.
No, we had one
successful
kill attempt last Night. (Also, I may be going blind but which Vig comment)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Vi »

*sets out farside bait*
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Scum,
please claim.

PLEAASSSEEE
We use biodegradable rope so lynching is good for the enviroment. So step right up!

Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

^^^was a joke.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@hp - Breadcrumbs?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

^^^I bet you a dollar he says no.

VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:30 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Kinda still happy where my vote is. I'm still not satisfied with hp's 'defense'. Still haven't checked his meta though.

I have no idea how 'poisoning' works(Can someone explain what's the difference with it and NK plx). Will that activate BP's ability? If it's true that Mafia has no kills, then this claim is bullshit.

@hp: Why did you ask for the EB claim late D1?(knowing that you risked catching fire D2) Why did you bring up the SK when you had a wagon on your tail? Why be pro massclaim? A lot of your play is not making sense with your claim.

@Badger: What do you mean similar? BP's 'skill' activates on lynch or night kill. PGO would want the NK, BP will not.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Socrates »

Bleg. Curse my indecisiveness.

HP's claim is one of those things where I don't think it is actually possible to find some kind of smoking gun that will allow people to decisively say "yea, he's faking it." or "He's Telling the truth!". We either need to simply bite the bullet and lynch him or believe his claim and let him be. Putting it off until tomorrow won't really settle anything.

I think my vote stays.

(Hair-brained alternative: wait until lylo to lynch him, where even if he is telling the truth his mislynch is no worse than any other mislynch so it doesn't matter what his claim is. But that's a dumb strategy no matter how you sell it.)
Vas wrote:I have no idea how 'poisoning' works(Can someone explain what's the difference with it and NK plx). Will that activate BP's ability? If it's true that Mafia has no kills, then this claim is bullshit.
A poison kill is simply when the NK is a delayed action. The poisoned guy continues to live for one more day and then dies the next night or something like that.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:42 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Socrates wrote:(Hair-brained alternative: wait until lylo to lynch him, where even if he is telling the truth his mislynch is no worse than any other mislynch so it doesn't matter what his claim is. But that's a dumb strategy no matter how you sell it.)
IF he's town then scum would kill him at LYLO-1 and we'd lose our day at the worst possible moment and hand the scum a victory.
VasudeVa wrote:@Badger: What do you mean similar? BP's 'skill' activates on lynch or night kill. PGO would want the NK, BP will not.
I thought BP only triggered on a lynch. If it triggers on an NK then our best action is even more obvious; with the claim out we're going to lose a day at some point unless he's scum. Earlier in the game is better for town.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Vi wrote:*sets out farside bait*
Sorry I'm still happy with my vote till someone proves the scum don't have a kill.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

STUDY BREAK

AGAINST massclaim.
hp [leaves] wrote:I love how many people went from Mae-null to Mae-scummy.

I hate how it had to come to this. Because claiming at L-1 is pretty risky(quickhammers), I beg for one of you to unvote. I'll claim at L-2.
Reading along, saw the princess claim. First instinct with this is believe.
farside22 wrote:To any newb in the game
beloved princess
For anyone wishing to lynch the claim I will now demand a long drawn out case on why especially from the player I'm voting on who is still scum in my eyes.
Did not like something about this. Don't know why.
Believe hp right now, though wavering. Would say let's lynch Vas due to the VA earlier EXCEPT something is making me doubt farside read.
Unvote

Curious why haven't I been attacked for my repeated I'M CATCHING UP posts.
Actually. Not sure at all on hp claim issue. Let's drop it for a sec.
hp, I forgot who you thought were suspect. Tell me plz.
Wait. we should leave him alive. If Llama is right and there is a COLOR COP, just investigate him, no?
FLASH OF GREEN
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Ellibereth 869 wrote:Wait. we should leave him alive. If Llama is right and there is a COLOR COP, just investigate him, no?
I'm becoming increasingly skeptical about this prospect.
farside 868 wrote:Sorry I'm still happy with my vote till someone proves the scum don't have a kill.
I really don't feel like rehashing this issue.

VV 865's flimsy excuse for keeping his vote on hp while keeping up the baseless setup speculation on top of his blatant waffle in 855 has finally pushed me over.

See: VasudeVa
(L-5)

"Your failed promises of delivering meta-based analysis and NK analysis (as any type of scumhunting we should expect from you) are the bread of Vi's accusation!
And this lynch is the delicious mustard on that bread! It is the mustard of your doom!"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ellibereth wrote:Wait. we should leave him alive. If Llama is right and there is a COLOR COP, just investigate him, no?
Yep, that should work pretty well

First glance I like Socrates to VV wagon, but I do see some connections between the two, especially with VV-TM
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Vi »

LlamaFluff 871 wrote:First glance I like Socrates to VV wagon, but I do see some connections between the two, especially with VV-TM
Where at?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Vi »

hp[leaves], why aren't you voting for VasudeVa after 857?

Socrates, who's your second choice for your vote?

farside, same question.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

Vi wrote:hp[leaves], why aren't you voting for VasudeVa after 857?

Socrates, who's your second choice for your vote?

farside, same question.
Socrates

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”