Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Vi »

The following may be useful right now.

Image Image

This may NOT be useful right now because of the nature of the display, but nonetheless.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Pomegranate »

VP Baltar wrote:I haven't even really made my case proper yet. Just pointed out some of the brief high points.
So when you make your case I'll read it and give it some thought. How about that?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XIX:
- Rule of Cool Meets Wall of Objections
semioldguy (L-3) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic

Pomegranate (L-5) ~ Cobalt
Jahudo (L-5) ~ VP Baltar
VP Baltar (L-5) ~ Jahudo
Percy (L-5) ~ semioldguy
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Percy, Pomegranate, Porkens

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(64%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

nope. [/b]Vote: Semioldguy[/b]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

nope.
Vote: Semioldguy
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Dramonic is probably town.

I think Jahudo raises a very interesting point about Nik’s comment about distancing. Since I know my alignment his comment only seems to really indict me if Tony/SOG is scum and why would he bother making the point if the relationship is town/town if he’s not going to use it to vote.

Mmm, in all honestly I might side with Jahudo against VPB here. I think VPB’s on-again, off-again relationship with the Nik and Tony wagons is odd to say the least, but it really only works as scum behavior if Tony/SOG is town so yet another reason to go for that lynch to see whether this criticism is valid at all or not.

I felt bad about my lack of content today until I went back and re-read the day and say that Cobalt, Percy, Porkens, and Cobalt were all about as useless as I’ve been and Dramonic is always that useless.

I really just keep coming back to Tony/SOG and every which way that looks like the best lynch to me.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Percy »

Posting before prod.

I am very ill. I don't have the brain to do mafia right now, but I hope to be better by Sunday at the latest.

Apologies all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Pom wrote:So when you make your case I'll read it and give it some thought. How about that?
No problem.
DDD wrote:Mmm, in all honestly I might side with Jahudo against VPB here. I think VPB’s on-again, off-again relationship with the Nik and Tony wagons is odd to say the least, but it really only works as scum behavior if Tony/SOG is town so yet another reason to go for that lynch to see whether this criticism is valid at all or not.
What exactly about what he is saying looks good to you? I never really had an "off" relationship with the Nik wagon so much as I was one of the few actually trying to keep discussion moving yesterday.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:24 am

Post by Jahudo »

@semioldguy: Are you waiting for Percy before you explain your case on him? Whether you were or weren't I think you should explain your vote now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^I do agree with this, as I have no clue what the Percy vote is all about.

@Jahudo, before I reply to your wall (though I will try to cut it down since I don't want to be THAT guy), can you explain what you mean by this:
Jahudo wrote:I agree. Maybe we were both doing this yesterday.
Do you feel we were both keeping things to ourselves yesterday? If so, what part of your play was as such? If I'm not understanding something correctly, then I'd like to figure it out so I can know if I'm wasting my time or not.

Also, people who are not Jahudo and I should also be scumhunting. Just saying.
YOUR AD HERE

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Jahudo »

In saying that I thought a competing wagon was good for analysis, I was aware that it might seem like I was looking for a competing wagon to join without much reasoning. It seemed like an okay thing to keep ambiguous since part of the intention was seeing who didn't like the Nikanor wagon enough to join another "Viable lynch" without much reasoning.

So I'm not surprised you think I was looking for that alternative myself (and actually I'm surprised more people aren't questioning me over it), but I'm trying to explain why I did it as a townie and why you look scum to me for different reasons than your opinion on me.

Let me be clear that I was willing to switch my vote, but only under the appearance of a case with reasoning as good or better than the Nikanor wagon, or if Sera or Tony had not replaced out and continued to look bad. So part of me was talking about a competing wagon with the thought that I might join it. Just not on a whim.

Also, I can see how a VP-SOG scumteam does not seem likely. I might move back to the SOG wagon today, but apart from you two I don't have any suspects. Some of our low-talkers already look town from their lack of a connection to Nikanor, while others are just playing to their playstyle. But I am suddenly wondering...

@everybody else: Are Jahudo-VP Baltar wall cases hurting your ability to join the discussion? Or no affect?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I really wish you would have just explained it that way in the first place, Jahudo.

I'm less enamoured with this debate, atm. I'll still reply to what is necessary from the last big post, but I'm ready to look at some alternative directions.

@ Cobalt - your scum meta seems to be lurking, which you're doing now. What are your thoughts on the game, atm?

@ Porkens - You've really been a bit of a non-entity this game, which is not what I'm really used to from you. Normally I see you as a leader, even if that leadership is chaotic at times. Are you not feeling motivated to play this game?

@ Pom - why are you not voting someone yet?
YOUR AD HERE

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:
DDD wrote:Mmm, in all honestly I might side with Jahudo against VPB here. I think VPB’s on-again, off-again relationship with the Nik and Tony wagons is odd to say the least, but it really only works as scum behavior if Tony/SOG is town so yet another reason to go for that lynch to see whether this criticism is valid at all or not.
What exactly about what he is saying looks good to you? I never really had an "off" relationship with the Nik wagon so much as I was one of the few actually trying to keep discussion moving yesterday.
Certainly possible, but it's also viable that if Tony/SOG is town and you were trying to shift the town's attention to a town lynch while still maintaining your suspicion on Nik. Now, I don't think this as the most likely scenario as you can tell by the fact that I haven't called for your head but it's something I'm keeping in mind as a possibility.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Alright. And happy B-day, DDD.
YOUR AD HERE

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 am

Post by d3x »

I'm pretty solid on my sog read here. I don't see any reasons to move the Vote. Regarding the debate, I'm mostly reading it as town v town. There are a lot of people saying a lot of nothing right now and it doesn't sit too well with me. I can't get a good read on them, atm.

Happy b'day, DDDP!
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:45 am

Post by semioldguy »

Relation to Nikanor and his wagon.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Pomegranate »

VP Baltar wrote:@ Pom - why are you not voting someone yet?
Vote: semioldguy
. I think that it's the best wagon atm. But I'm warning everyone that
SOG IS AT L-1.

d3x wrote:Regarding the debate, I'm mostly reading it as town v town.
I agree; look at this line from VP which explains something to me, I think:
Also, people who are not Jahudo and I should also be scumhunting. Just saying.
It seems to me that he admits that Jahudo is scumhunting (not that scum don't pretend to scumhunt, but that's beside the point).
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

semioldguy wrote:Relation to Nikanor and his wagon.
Can you elaborate?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 am

Post by semioldguy »

@Jahudo
You can't look for yourself?

I have received a power. Due to the wording this is a power that can potentially happen to either alignment. So if someone has this power again later this information could be useful to the town.

I can wipe the vote clean. At such a time that I do this, I will get to choose one person in the game and his vote will be the only vote to count for the day, essentially allowing that player to choose who the lynch is on his own.

The subtext of my ability includes that if I were to have known partners I would not be able to select any of them with my ability.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Porkens »

That's awesome.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Post by Jahudo »

semioldguy wrote:@Jahudo
You can't look for yourself?
In my post 296 I couldn't decide if his Porkens focus was genuine or forced to take attention away from the Nikanor wagon. He's really my only null read so I want to see you make the case for scum-motivation over town-motivation.

And basically I didn't see his Porkens case because I've argued that Porkens' desire to lynch whoever is probably something he'd say as town. Percy might disagree with that meta, or just not be aware of it and not trust it.
semioldguy wrote:I can wipe the vote clean. At such a time that I do this, I will get to choose one person in the game and his vote will be the only vote to count for the day, essentially allowing that player to choose who the lynch is on his own.
Given Mafia Reverberation, I think Vi likes roles that can go to either alignment. So are you going to use this power? And if so, is there anyone not willing to lynch you. Maybe Cobalt, but he's mostly a wild card.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XX:
- A New Development
semioldguy (L-1) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic, Porkens, Pomegranate

Pomegranate (L-5) ~ Cobalt
Jahudo (L-5) ~ VP Baltar
VP Baltar (L-5) ~ Jahudo
Percy (L-5) ~ semioldguy
Minimum (L-6)

Not Voting:
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens

-semioldguy is at L-1!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(57%)
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Jahudo wrote:So are you going to use this power? And if so, is there anyone not willing to lynch you. Maybe Cobalt, but he's mostly a wild card.
I am not going to use the power for the sole purpose of saving myself. I don't really see what the point would be in doing that if I'm just going to be a lynch the following day anyway.

I don't have time at the moment as I am just leaving the house, but I will respond regarding my view of Percy when I can.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

Letting yourself die if your town when you can prevent it isn't good for the town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Pom wrote:It seems to me that he admits that Jahudo is scumhunting (not that scum don't pretend to scumhunt, but that's beside the point).
Well, I don't think it's beside the point. If someone looks scummy, then they look scummy, but I certainly can't say Jahudo isn't
trying
which is more than a lot of people. Now that I have a bit better understanding of what he was going for yesterday with his counterwagon business, I feel better about him.

In fact,

Unvote, Vote: Cobalt

I still think there are other avenues we can pursue and we don't need to take an SOG-lynch as a foregone conclusion.

I'm not sure what to think of SOG's power. Using it isn't really going to be telling about his alignment, but could potentially be informative about whoever he gives it to. Maybe. I need to think about it.

Also, this is going to be my last post until Sunday afternoon. I'd like to be greeted by lots of posts from the quiet folks when I finally come back.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”