Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:17 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If a majority agree it would benefit the town for me to claim, I would. Although if people aren't even sure if good guys in games = good guys in this game, then I'm not sure how much good it would do. But that's for others to decide, not me.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 4
(Iecerint, FC Groningen, dramonic, Chronopie)
PranaDevil: 3
(MehPlusRawr, JPSalazar, Antifinity)
Chronopie: 2
(Devotress, bv310)
Iecerint: 2
(KDub, WorseExcuse)
wolframnhart: 1
(bill1148)
Glork: 1
(PranaDevil)
bv310: 1
(Glork)
WorseExcuse: 0
(wolframnhart)

Not Voting:

DragonsofSummer
inHimshallibe

Lynch:

9 votes.

Deadline:

May 16th - 3:00 PM EST
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 am

Post by Iecerint »

Given that my flavor is enough to (presumably) make Death Miller fit, not to mention Jihl causing problems end of D1 in the flavor, my guess is that villains are villains.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 6:44 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Pretty sure I said that's how I thought it was gonna run too, but there have been others saying otherwise "because it's a Kise game" or something, soooo...

Still, 'tis up to others if they want me to claim or not.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Devotress »

Prana is only at 4 votes, I think it's a bit early to be having him role claim, even with elemental weakness potential. I think we decided L-2 was the good point to claim at because of elements.

Jp's response to glork's pressure was really odd. But it's no good persuing that for a couple days since he's going to be vla at the moment.

I'm a good guy character I'm pretty sure. (haven't played that specific game I'm from, but I read it up on the wiki), all the role flips thus far have been good guy characters I believe, and a couple people have softclaimed that their roles were good guys aswell. I'm willing to bet that the mafia are badguy's in their respective games.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 10:58 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Before the FoS starts popping up on me, I'll squash whatever potential trains of thought people may have.

1) I responded to Glork the way I did because going back, Glork has attempted to lash out (in one way or another) at almost every player in the game. Add to the fact that, at least from my interpretation, it seemed like whining early in the game, I finally became annoyed at it. Despite his statement of also being one of the best scumhunters in the game (that entire post, actually) also bothered me, just because of the egotistical nature. I know it had a warning, but if he was such a good one, we'd be treading along and finding out who's the baddies.

2) I would at least hope that good guy characters remain good guy characters. If not, we might as well throw in the towel because there isn't a shot in the wind that could help us figure it out. I'm not even interested in elementals and all that nonsense. This is my first time trying to play with things such as "flavors", "elements", and that of the like, and it's clear so many people know more about the Square Enix world than I do. A lot of my time is spent looking up what people say and verifying it, as well as looking up these abbreviations used like "OMGUS". BUT. I've known Kise off-site for a few years, so I at least know his ability to toy with things can run rampant and throw any train of thought off.

I'm tempted to go along with the Antifinity bandwagon, if it will make things move along and not stand still like an Icelandic airport during volcano time...clearly, as it stands right now, we're not going to get anywhere with the votes adding up the way they do.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 am

Post by JPSalazar »

As an addendum to my above post:
Glork wrote:I'd like to highlight BV a little, actually, as his most recent post was pretty horrible. There's was a ton going on when he decided to "check in" -- the Wolf/Tidus thing, Prana votes, there was plenty to comment about the Zodiark wagon at the end of yesterday... but he just kinda dumps a wagon vote on Chrono, says peace out, and hasn't posted since then. It's opportunistic, it's :nothelpful: at best, it's selective, and it highlights BV's presence in this game as a whole. There's a very decent chance that BV is lurkish scum just kinda skating by. He was also 7th on the Zodiark wagon D1, which is right in that range from it being "legit wagon" to "probable lynch."
I had eyed some of the lurkers as clear suspects, but I would honestly say that if there are indeed people lurking, and Kise knows about it, they should just be modkilled because it's holding up the game. BV bandwagoned twice, but I do not know what you mean by:
Glork wrote:which is right in that range from it being "legit wagon" to "probable lynch."
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Devotress »

JPSalazar wrote:1) I responded to Glork the way I did because going back, Glork has attempted to lash out (in one way or another) at almost every player in the game. Add to the fact that, at least from my interpretation, it seemed like whining early in the game, I finally became annoyed at it.
He never even called you scum, he simply tried to urge you to post more. How can you sit there and say that this game is stagnating, but than be annoyed at the guy whose trying to get people to post more so the game won't stagnate? Answer this directly: How do you expect the game to not stagnate, if you don't like it when people try and get others to participate?

Your whole "he's lashed out at everyone" thing is also straight up false, I just went through his ISO.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:52 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Then you and I have understood his posts differently.

And to answer your question: It is not someone else's job other than the mod to get them to participate. Of course it will stagnate. That's almost as obvious as 2+2 = 4.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:54 am

Post by JPSalazar »

We could lynch inactives today so that there's no modkill and they don't end up being townies. If they are townies, then at least we don't risk lynching the wrong active player today and there's enough time for more scrutiny.

Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Devotress »

If inactives stay inactive long enough, they'll get replaced, no need to lynch based on that alone, it'll just give the mafia free kills if they turn out to be town. Now, if they're unactive and also scummy when they do post...

Anyhow,
There is nothing wrong with Glork saying "Hey these people should post more" And I am genuinely very confused at to how anyone could possibly have gotten offended by this.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 11:58 am

Post by Devotress »

JPSalazar wrote:Then you and I have understood his posts differently.

No. I seriously went through his post history, with a list in notepad of every player still alive in the game, and marked people off if he went after them in a way where he thought they were scummy. Even If I count the people who he said "need to post more", there are still people left on that list he never "lashed out at".
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

I personally do not want to sit and keep watching people be replaced time after time.

I did not take Glork's "post more" call-out the wrong way. It was other ones.

Post 89: "You've decided to show off your FF knowledge and have done approximately exactly zero scumhunting." I see as being condescending.

Post 92: Same. Condescending.

Post 218: Is the bolding of text, calling a train of thought stupid necessary? This was the first post I see as lashing out a bit.

I don't really want to go on and on about posts, there's 25 pages of stuff, and I do not know how to specifically weed out all posts made by him.

PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

If you only want to see what Glork has posted, at the bottom of each post there's three drop down boxes, click the one that says "All users" and select Glork before clicking Go. You can then see all the posts he's made in order. (Same, of course, goes for anyone else).

Thus when someone says they're looking at somebody in ISO, that's what they mean.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ah. Gotcha.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ok. With solely the interest of moving things along, this is my only motivation to do this (I don't really want to, but with the way almost everyone is being voted, we won't have a lynch...I'd rather something happen than nothing, and we hurt the town).

Unvote

Vote: Antifinity

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

EBWOP (I finally know what this means!): With that, I excuse myself for 48 hours as I go for pre-operative tests.

Blessings to you all.

-- JPS

--Jesus Kise was here.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Glork »

JP: I don't want this discussion to become a distraction, so this is the only post I'm going to make about activity monitoring.

Your position on who should keep the game moving is completely and utterly wrong.

It is the mod's job to make sure that the players make posts according to the game's posting requirements. But it is the players' job to make sure that their colleagues post content which actually progresses the game towards a lynch.

You complain that the game is stagnant, yet I haven't seen you try to convince another player to give his own thoughts on who might be scum. I haven't seen you ask any direct questions to enable yourself to read another player. I have yet to see you try to convince other specific people why they should lynch Prana. Your approach to the game has been very passive, so when I see you complain about the game's pace, I can't help but wonder why you're not doing
everything within your power
to help the town, as a collective, arrive at a lynch. That's something I generally try to do when I'm protown. Heck, nowadays it seems that's what you have to do even when you're scum. So when I made a point against you about sitting on the sidelines, it's because there was something fairly substantial that I saw in your posting habits which made me say, "Wait a minute. Why is this guy telling us to pick it up without hardly offering any material with which to work?"

[/end rant]

Now then. Questions for you, JP:
What do you think about BV?
If Prana flips scum, who do you think is most likely to be a scumbuddy of his?
Aside from Prana, who do you think are the two scummiest players in the game?

And to respond to your issues with my posts:

89 and 92 were me pointing out that Zodiark isn't looking for scum, but flaunting his knowledge of the Final Fantasy universe. It was mere analysis of another player's efforts to find scum (or in this case, a general lack thereof). It's actually the same thing I'm getting irritated with you over. There was a TON of stuff to talk about, but Zodiark wasn't really putting any effort into finding scum, which was scummy.

In 218, I was pointing out why, logically speaking, Antifnity's reasons for suspecting me didn't make sense. He insinuated that I was using the Blindness to frame Ultros when my start-of-day behavior very clearly indicates that I was just generally confuse. Somebody else had to point out to ME that the flavor fit with Ultros, so Anti's argument held no water.

I'm not sure how you found those posts condescending. It's pretty much just how I've always played, and there was a very clear, game-related reason for me making each of those posts. I don't generally try to talk down to people, because that's not really who I am.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Lol, I had an inkling to check right before wheeling myself out the door to see if there's a response.

Alright. Let's see here.

1) I haven't followed BV's activity entirely too closely, other than the fact that the only posts were to pop in, vote, and disappear. I can't presume that BV is lurking, but it is a distinct possibility. It does cast a fair amount of suspicion in doing so.

2) Should Prana turn up scum, I would think Antifinity would be the next best bet. Antifinity was second on my list to eye, but I can see that my focus on Prana isn't going to sway enough this round. Prana, for obviously the hypocritial attack that you mentioned in post 635, being a wagon-hopper, but oh well.

3) Two other scummiest? Well, Devotress pops in and out, usually with you. I HAD a scum feeling with you before, but now, not so much. Devotress, I think just pops in when she has enough deductive reasoning or something to police.

So, my answer for that would probably be Antifinity and Wolframnhart ("jokingly" climing to be a Jack of All Trades just doesn't seem right). BV's actions would place third, and then Iecerint.

JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

And I rescind my non-game related accusations of personality, as it was clearly a misunderstanding. My apologies.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Wow, lurker alert, BV310 has seven posts in the entire game.

#1 RVS - Votes for worseexcuse for being a paltry-ani hydra

#2 Flavor discussion of 1 line

#3 Votes Dram

#4 'been prodded' votes anti based on anti's asking for ifrit to claim

#5 fluff

#6 Policy vote on Zodiark

#7 Votes me based on my 'push' of doom

HoS: Bv310

Leaving my vote on Anti for now.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hey guys, sorry for my atrocious activity level. Even by my standards, this is brutal. I'm changing ISPs right now at home, so I should be better in a few days.

Excuses aside, here's my catchup for the past few pages (in chronological order):

First off, Antifinity's "Cloaked Man". My best guess for this is either: A) A Tonberry (or Organization XIII) casting some kind of Mute ability, B) Ansem the Wise/Xemnas/DiZ casting something positive (like a Dispel ability), C) Scum gambiting to explain something that might manifest later

Next up, Wolf's Tidus claim. Reading it in the Inn on Night 0, his post was clearly a joke. No mod would give a JOAT that specific set of abilities. Also, I thought the Ultros thing was a joke too. Finding out that that's actually Iec's role is really confusing.

And since I'm tired as all hell, I'd like to reiterate that I am still really suspicious of Chrono. WIFOM aside, he's still suspicious.

I'll try and get a bit more content up tomorrow, but it won't be before 6pm EST at least.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by bv310 »

I've been trying to get that post through for a half an hour. Anyone else having massive site issues?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Chronopie »

bv310 wrote: Excuses aside, here's my catchup for the past few pages (in chronological order):

First off, Antifinity's "Cloaked Man". My best guess for this is either: A) A Tonberry (or Organization XIII) casting some kind of Mute ability, B) Ansem the Wise/Xemnas/DiZ casting something positive (like a Dispel ability), C) Scum gambiting to explain something that might manifest later

A) Org. XIII have black cloaks, not brown B) Ansem/Xemnas are the prime antagonists in in KH/KHII, and if we go with good=good, unlikely. Also see re: A) on Xemnas. C) is a possibility.
And yes, MS takes longer to load a page than any other site I visit, has been for the last few days.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by bv310 »

Ansem the Wise(aka DiZ), not the bad one. Didn't notice the brown part on the cloaked figure though. I still think C is possible, and it seems more and more likely.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Oh right, I was thinking of Ansem, the seeker of darkness aka Xehanort's heartless >.< my bad.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”