Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I think there's a different member of Organization XIII who attack with music? I've never played KH2, so....

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 5
(Iecerint, FC Groningen, dramonic, Chronopie, JPSalazar)
PranaDevil: 2
(MehPlusRawr, Antifinity)
Chronopie: 2
(Devotress, bv310)
Iecerint: 2
(KDub, WorseExcuse)
wolframnhart: 1
(bill1148)
Glork: 1
(PranaDevil)
bv310: 1
(Glork)
WorseExcuse: 0
(wolframnhart)

Not Voting:

DragonsofSummer
inHimshallibe

Lynch:

9 votes.

Deadline:

May 16th - 3:00 PM EST
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Member IX

--

ofc The description was someone in a brown cloak. So I still don't think its a member of Org. XIII
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:46 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Back from my V/LA, need to catch up...
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 9:28 am

Post by Kdub »

Sorry for my lack of posts the past few days. I will try to get something up tonight.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Antifinity »

JPSalazar wrote:We could lynch inactives today so that there's no modkill and they don't end up being townies. If they are townies, then at least we don't risk lynching the wrong active player today and there's enough time for more scrutiny.
vote JPSalazar

You're saying we should use our lynches on people who are going to die anyway? That seems pretty damning to me.

The lynch is the one and only tool the town has against the mafia, and you're asking us to waste it so we don't risk hitting active players?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by dramonic »

I really don't see any reason to speculate that much. brown cloak and music arent exactly definite values.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by Antifinity »

Actually, I guess I'll vote for him when he gets back, so he can defend himself.

For now,
unvote; vote chronopie
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Balls to this.

unvote; vote: Antifinity

Either you want to pressure JP, or you don't, you have about half the game thinking you're scummy, and you come in and create a strawman on JP as though trying to draw attention away from yourself, only to then turn around and vote Chrono with absolutely no reasoning as to why?

This on top of the fact that you were trying to rolefish earlier... I'm not buying you're town.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I was already voting antifinity, and he's just re-enforcing his scumminess.

Was it just because I took a few minutes to discuss flavour?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun May 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Kdub »

Antifinity:
Can you elaborate on your vote of Chrono? The only thing I can find regarding your suspicion on him is post 556 regarding his attempt at running down the doom counter, but you say very little about him afterwards. Is that the only reason you suspect him? You have said more about Prana than about Chrono so far (even specifically with regard to his behavior during the doom countdown), so why vote Chrono?

WorseExcuse:
I don't really understand what you mean by "I voted like that because Glork made sense". Glork hasn't been pushing for a Iecerint lynch, so why would his opinion make you vote for Iec?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

We've had rain. Will post soon.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Prana wagon isn't going anywhere, I guess. His posting is less scummy atm, but
FoS: Prana
for what he's done earlier.

Anti's voting is really really frustrating. I guess I'll take the advice of all the people who know how terrible it is to rolefish and
vote: Antifinity
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Glork »

Mehhhh, I'm not nearly as thrilled about an Antifnity lynch as I used to be, but I could tentatively support one. This game is dragging hardcore.

Also, I was unexpectedly on V/LA this past weekend. Sorry I didn't post about it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Devotress »

Iso PranaDevil.

Posts 4, 5, 46, and 55. Anotated versions(check for yourself in full):

4: Glork is Scum. vote glork.
5: I trust Glork to be honest, vote icerint.
46: Glork was pushing hard for an Anti lynch, when I voted for Anti, Glork went after me. Glork is scum. Vote Glork.
55: Vote Antifinity. Antifinity is Scum.

This is really strange to me.
unvote

Vote PranaDevil

What's going on prana, can you explain to me your thought process behind these. Especially 4/5, but 46/55 still feels really strange to me too.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Nice strawman, watch it doesn't catch fire y'hear?

Incidentally, the two very early posts are just that... very early, everyone's getting a feel for everyone, and you should be listening to everyone, just because you suspect someone doesn't mean they can't provide a good point, and at that point in the game, that's also far more likely to happen, thus, throw it out.

As for the last two, I still feel Glork is scummy, but that lynch is going nowhere fast, and Anti has been acting damned scummy constantly.

And... surely that's also logical? Or have I missed something and the logical play is to pick someone and repeatedly tunnel on them to the end of the game?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Devotress »

It's not that, it's the way you're not tunneling, it's that with how suspicious you've been of glork it's strange that you're going after the same people as him.

What was the strawman?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Post by Devotress »

I ment to say "it's not that you're not tunneling, it's that with.... etc
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

The strawman is all of it, to be honest. But most noteably your comment about my post 5.

However, I AM suspicious of Glork, that's not to say he can't make good points at times, (even if not in my direction). There's also the fact that even if he's scum, he'll have to pick up on scummy things his partners do at times as well.

I honestly don't see how me being wary of basically everyone at this stage in the game is a bad thing.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Post by Devotress »

PranaDevil wrote:The strawman is all of it, to be honest. But most noteably your comment about my post 5.
The whole case against icerint as the blinder came from (at that time, now confirmed by wolfram), flavour stated specifically by Glork. So voting icerint cause you were concerned he was the blinder ment you trusted glork was telling the truth about flavour. I don't see how that's a strawman.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Devotress »

What I mean is you trusted glork was telling the truth when he said he recieved a pm about "black gloop".
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:01 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Considering he couldn't vote, and had a vote on him as well, it somewhat made sense (and still kinda does). Doesn't mean I trust him as town. Nor 100% did so at any point (though I think I may have, nearer the start, stated I think he's possibly town).

Opinions and viewpoints change during a game, it's the people who don't change their views at all that, personally, are scummiest (Outside of those diving on any bandwagon going of course).
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:11 am

Post by Devotress »

So you're dropping the claim that I was straw manning and just agreeing that you trusted him to be honest about the blind flavour atleast?
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:18 am

Post by Devotress »

Also I just realized I said anotated when I ment to say abridged. In before someone corrects me.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 am

Post by PranaDevil »

If you mean that I "felt he may be being honest about that bit" then yes, but there's a massive difference between out and out trusting someone, and believing that they may have recieved a PM.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 am

Post by Glork »

Unvote
Vote: Iece

After glancing at some stuff and reading over his claim, posts, and my flavor, I've changed my mind. I definitely think that Iece is gambiting scum.

1) The afore-mentioned (and overly complicated) Death Miller claim. The roles thus far have been very standard, and all game I haven't been able to work my head around the notion that Kise would put a Death Miller in this game. It doesn't fit with any other known role information in the game. The
ONLY
unique mechanic we have evidence of is the notion of elements, which is neither crazy nor bastardly enough to warrant acceptance of a "temporary Death Miller until a 'real' scum is killed" type of unorthodox roleclaim.
1b) The claim also has two very common built-in scum provisions. The first is "don't investigate me," because he claims he will show up innocent. There's a pretty good chance that if we have a Cop, they didn't investigate him because the Cop felt it would be a waste of time. The second provision is "don't kill me yet," which has been a known tactic in scum behavior for years.

2) The Ink flavor. I believe that Iece didn't know that his blinded targets would be sent flavor about being blinded. But the black goo (which wolfram can confirm is legit flavor) fits PERFECTLY with being inked by Ultros' Ink attack. I think Iece probably flipped a shit when I said there was associated flavor, and I'm not really sure how I allowed him to weasel his way out of suspicion on this yesterday. Looking back on it, I think it was just poor attentiveness on my own part.

3) I'm also going to meta the decision to blind me overnight and wager that Iece is one of only very small handful of remaining players who would go with neutralizing my vote N1 in lieu of attempting to kill me.

4) Ultros/Orthros' status as a recurring antagonist. The protown flavor is very clearly described as being "Protagonist." Ultros is everything but, on a number of occasions. He is not a
main
villain, but few of the dead protown people are
main
protagonists. But there is no denying that EVERY aspect of Ultros' character is evil. His post-apocalypse flavor isn't enough to sway me from his obvious antagonist-status, combined with the nature of his claim in relation to that of the rest of the known roles, and the connected black-sludge/Ink flavor.

I want Iece dead TODAY. And I'll take any suspicion it generates over having him die as an "unconfirmed" scum because now that I think about it,
we can confirm whether he was the inker or not
. If nobody else gets inked for the rest of the game, then he was clearly scum. If not, then there's a chance (though small, in my estimation) that he was as he said.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”