Newbie 940 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by hohum »

Sweenytodd wrote:At this point my suspicions aren't strong, mostly gut. I feel that [no] slipped up earlier and Sauron fumbled in his explanation. I feel like SB has played too naive, and I suspect one scum in the group of [Thor, AV, Nacho].
Please elaborate on why you suspect any of the 3 to be scum. Do you have town reads on anyone?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:08 am

Post by hohum »

To add to my last post:
@Mod: I'd be opposed to a deadline extension right now
, because the only thing that could possibly come if it is not lynching ST which is unacceptable for a multitude of reasons.

1) He claimed VT. We need to lynch him because the alternative means the scum have a chance to narrow down the PR pool even more if there are PRs alive in this game.

2) If we don't lynch him we run the risk of a no-lynch. Odds are always slightly better of lynching scum on D2 if you lynch a VT on D1 than if you no-lynch on D1.

FoS: Haylen
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Here's the posting breakdown for the last week, starting the day after the final replacement:

[mrow]# of posts[col]Date 31 [col]4/28/2010 11 [col]4/29/2010 1 [col]4/30/2010 5 [col]5/1/2010 18 [col]5/2/2010 5 [col]5/3/2010

That's about 3 pages worth of posts, plus the 14 that were already there. If that's not enough to go on for a lynch you're in trouble. No extension.

Official Vote Count

hohum - 2 (silverbullet999, Sauron)
silverbullet999 - 1 (hohum)
Sweenytodd - 4 (AurorusVox, Nachomamma8, Thor665, Nobody Special)

Sauron - 1 (Sweenytodd)

Not Voting - 1 (Haylen)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Tuesday, May 4.
[/table]
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:56 am

Post by AurorusVox »

It's getting tense...

I'm heading to the library to do a mountain of reading for an essay, so I probably won't be posting much before the deadline is reached, unless I get back from the library early enough (unlikely). As well, the day ticks over at 5am for my local time, so I doubt I'll be up for when the countdown finally reaches zero.

But when I get out of bed on Wednesday, I'll rush to the thread and find out what we lynched...
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:47 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

Ok back for a bit, looks like ST will be lynched, more through deadline as I would also like to see his final thoughts.

Not much else to add... I don't like NS's vote as his order of events threw me off a bit as well.

I'll check back later and see if anything happened.
... People were right it seems....
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

hohum wrote:To add to my last post:
@Mod: I'd be opposed to a deadline extension right now
, because the only thing that could possibly come if it is not lynching ST which is unacceptable for a multitude of reasons.

1) He claimed VT.
We need to lynch him
because the alternative means the scum have a chance to narrow down the PR pool even more if there are PRs alive in this game.

2) If we don't lynch him we run the risk of a no-lynch. Odds are always slightly better of lynching scum on D2 if you lynch a VT on D1 than if you no-lynch on D1.

FoS: Haylen
What, exactly, are you waiting for? Given that you've outlined the reasons for wanting a lynch, why are you not voting?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nobody Special wrote:What, exactly, are you waiting for? Given that you've outlined the reasons for wanting a lynch, why are you not voting?
Because if he's town it's good to get his thoughts out for consideration later in the game.

And if he's scum...same as above.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am

Post by hohum »

^^^ this

Plus we only have a finite amount of time until deadline anyways. This will be a moot argument by this time tomorrow.

Why are you in such a hurry to end the day?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Haylen »

hohum wrote:^^^ this

Plus we only have a finite amount of time until deadline anyways. This will be a moot argument by this time tomorrow.

Why are you in such a hurry to end the day?
Hypocrisy: Why are you in such a hurry to end the day? I wanted a few days extention to optimize town discussion before a lynch, and you apposed it. Now your insinuation that somebody else is suspicious because they want to end the day soon.

Vote Hohum
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:41 am

Post by Haylen »

My other reason for voting Hohum is that he has posted very little that isn't fluff during the time that he has replaced in. I think he is lurker scum.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

Haylen wrote:My other reason for voting Hohum is that he has posted very little that isn't fluff during the time that he has replaced in. I think he is lurker scum.
While I will agree hohum is high on my suspect list for his aggressive attitude towards the end of the day (and instant attacks on anyone who seems to suggest anything slightly different - I'm still waiting for the straw man accusation to be explained) I do have a bit of a feeling of pot calling the kettle black here. It's not like your content provided is all that much beyond his, and with part of your vote being based on hypocrisy this seems...hypocritical (couldn't come up with a better word).

I'll also point out, that hohum wants the day to end with info coming out of ST prior to lynch.
NS seemed to be calling for the day to end without that info.

It's not an inherently hypocritical standpoint for hohum to be making.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 am

Post by hohum »

My first few posts were fluff. My last uh, 10 or so have been directed at driving an ST lynch.

I simply asked Nobody Special a question. I don't recall saying one way or the other how I felt about his alignment.

I want ST to elaborate on his last post but I don't feel compelled to extend the day to do it. A deadline extension right now gives too much room for town error in this particular case.

If you want to talk about hypocrisy, since you replaced in you've done nothing but give excuses to lurk (and I've seen you posting in other threads) and your posts have all been 100% fluff. Remember the avatar conversation?

Further it's quite clear that you intend to do nothing but use your IC status as a bully pulpit for advancing a scum agenda.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 am

Post by hohum »

ITT Thor has a bad habit of addressing concerns levied at people that aren't Thor.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:27 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I have returned from the library! And now the accusations are flying around as the deadline draws nearer...

I'd like to hear ST's thoughts before the day ends too...I hope he comes back...

Is it likely he saw he was likely to get lynched, claimed, and then isn't going to return now?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Haylen »

Hohum wrote: If you want to talk about hypocrisy, since you replaced in you've done nothing but give excuses to lurk
The only "excuse" i've given for not posting is the death of my uncle. I am doing all I can to restrain myself from swearing, kicking and screaming at you for the blatant lack of respect you are showing over that. Only the lowest of the callously low would make up the death of a relative to use as an excuse. Are you suggesting that of me?

I haven't posted much in all my games because I'm trying to catch up with them as an experienced player, you should know that that happens and that's kind of difficult (catching up) with the hell i'm experiencing right now. Would you like a list?
Thor wrote: It's not like your content provided is all that much beyond his, and with part of your vote being based on hypocrisy this seems...hypocritical (couldn't come up with a better word).
Major difference is that I've been v/la for the past few days.

Where is ST?

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:47 am

Post by AurorusVox »

ST could always be purposefully not posting because he's scum and doesn't want to give his partners away.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 am

Post by hohum »

Haylen wrote:
Hohum wrote: If you want to talk about hypocrisy, since you replaced in you've done nothing but give excuses to lurk
The only "excuse" i've given for not posting is the death of my uncle. I am doing all I can to restrain myself from swearing, kicking and screaming at you for the blatant lack of respect you are showing over that. Only the lowest of the callously low would make up the death of a relative to use as an excuse. Are you suggesting that of me?
I'm by no means using the death of a relative to go on assault. I'm merely trying to point out that the timing of your attack is highly suspicious, because you've obviously been back on the site for a little while now. It reads as a preemptive attack on me after I FoSed you, mostly because you've been largely silent about everything else that's been going on.
Haylen wrote:I haven't posted much in all my games because I'm trying to catch up with them as an experienced player, you should know that that happens and that's kind of difficult (catching up) with the hell i'm experiencing right now. Would you like a list?
The solution here is not to over extend your ability to play (or mod) effectively by taking on too many games. This is a trap that I've personally fallen into. The over riding theme here is that you're going "OMG LURKER" without looking in the mirror (or reading the topic evidently)
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Haylen »

AurorusVox wrote:ST could always be purposefully not posting because he's scum and doesn't want to give his partners away.
If he is scum, he could make it easier for us by just telling us who they are.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

hohum wrote:ITT Thor has a bad habit of addressing concerns levied at people that aren't Thor.
I prefer to think of it as addressing my own reads on her accusation and pointing out the inherent lack of logic therein. She claimed you were being hypocritical for something that was quite clearly not hypocrisy. That's worth noting.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Haylen »

So basically, it is being suggested that I cannot point out things that people do as scummy because I am seen to be doing the same thing myself? What logic is there in that. If you see something scummy, say it.

And you know, i needed to catch up in my games. Am I being called scummy for that too? That aint scummy, that's just logical. I said I was going to post, didn't I? Yer.

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am

Post by hohum »

Haylen wrote:So basically, it is being suggested that I cannot point out things that people do as scummy because I am seen to be doing the same thing myself? What logic is there in that. If you see something scummy, say it.
One of the reasons you voted me was because of my hypocrisy and the other reason you voted for me was some hypocrisy on your own part. Do the math here, it isn't that difficult to understand.
Haylen wrote:And you know, i needed to catch up in my games. Am I being called scummy for that too? That aint scummy, that's just logical. I said I was going to post, didn't I? Yer.
You had the time to comment on something I said, why not comment on anything else that has happened since you left?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Haylen »

I have, I commented on where ST has gone and I commented on your fluff. I asked for a deadline extention to optimize town discussion.
Do the math here, it isn't that difficult to understand.
It is at 11.17 at night.

I gather you mean my avatar discussing? I was trying to introduce myself to the rest of the players and become friendly with them. It's what I do. That wasn't exactly fluff since it had good intentions behind it. Explain to me the reasons behind your fluff posting?

*sigh*

Unvote
Vote Sweenytodd

I really really hate deadline lynches, especially when I'm the hammerer but if I don't do it, I fear the town will not get a lynch today.

Yeh, i know I just hammered after asking questions. Hohum still has twilight and he can answer them tomorrow, even if I die tonight. If he dies tonight, oh well, that's why he should answer in twlight ^_^

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm here, don't feel like sharing my scumreads with scum atm.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Haylen »

Also, if you think I'm lurking, go check out the amount of posts Nachos made recently, between his posting here.

FoS Nachomamma

I want to hear from Nacho before it goes into night too.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Haylen »

hahaha

I retract the above statement.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”