Mini 953: Star Control: Alliance Initiative (Over)

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Kast »

I sent random commands before going on vacation. Only lame people lie about V/LA.

And Spyrex really did mess up my N1 action; I wanted to eat your batteries but he thought eat => kill. I thought it was clear since I had previously typed up a couple paragraphs explaining why I wanted to eat you.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I did mess up that one too. Even now when I see that last line you JUST wrote I assume eat = kill.

Like I said, definitely a modloss.

Ideas on ways to better "define" interactions so we dont run into that kinda hullaballo?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Plum »

No, I believed you when you said SpyreX messed up; I just didn't believe you were Town. Mostly because of process of elimination; it wasn't really any bad play on your part.

I was a Druuge. I sent an Invention-thing off to Zito Night 0 and breadcrumbed it - I said I sent him a Syreen smooch, which was passed-off as RVS jokery about or roles in the previous game. Hence he had good reason to believe I was Town, and I didn't see a scumbag I targeted pushing Town-Plum that hard, relatively high risk/low reward maneuver. That helped start pinning down Town, which worked fine over the course of Day 1 (well, I was confident enough in Porkens to send him all my spare energy mostly because he was so candid asking for it) and somewhere along the line Gamma was also looking really good, and then cruelty . . . it became a matter of process-of-elimination. Just goes to show that decent Town-identification and trusting skills can be crucial elements of victory and are generally excellent techniques to develop and employ.

Scum didn't even know that a Traitor n their favor existed? Case in point that there's no standard for that role and there really ought to be.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Spy you're probably right about the 3-person scumteam+superbomb being overpowered, but Merk and to a lesser degree bouncy got really screwed by not knowing Dry was on their side- Maybe they should have tried scumhunting for another mafia team since 2/10 doesn't seem likely with this many PRs, but I think they would have been way better off if they even knew there was a traitor, or even something vaguer like: You know you two are not the only ones with an anti-town win condition.
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

I'm a little confused after reading the PMs. Why did I get the Shiva Furnace?

Did the inventor person send me it?
Was it automatic and planned for when Merk died?
Or was that spontaneous mod compensation?
Mostly Mountainous is in progress http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15655
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Planned for, ish. (If it got to a state where the mafia together could do nothing I had that as a backup)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Whaaaat?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Also, some amusing statistics-
Of the serial kills we were chasing after:(2)
Kills performed by the actual serial killer:0
Kills performed by Zitovig without telling any of us:2
bouncy.bouncy
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
bouncy.bouncy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by bouncy.bouncy »

SpyreX wrote:Planned for, ish. (If it got to a state where the mafia together could do nothing I had that as a backup)
Ah, okay. Well I really did need it. Too bad I got killed :(
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Post by cruelty »

was unsure whether or not to claim the dry-fit void. or the ability to void at all, for that matter. i was actually suspicious of him day 1, hence the void, so when i voted him d2 and came under fire for the vote, i toyed with claiming the void and hoping gamma had tracked me and not watched porkens.

all worked out in the end though.
the nexus of the crisis
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:47 am

Post by cruelty »

incidentally re: the plasmoid/porkens debacle, for some reason the fact that he'd requested energy never even entered my head, it was genuinely just an attempt to protect him. when he said he didn't receive energy i facepalmed at myself.

i liked this game quite a lot, seemed to move a lot faster and was more interesting than most, the mod-error aside (which actually worked to my benefit) i think it was one of the better run games in terms of flavour/breakdown that i've been in.
the nexus of the crisis
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:42 am

Post by Papa Zito »

SpyreX wrote:Ideas on ways to better "define" interactions so we dont run into that kinda hullaballo?
I tend to use something like this when I mod complex games elsewhere:
[color=orange]Orz Nemesis[/color] wrote:B.)4/4
A.)Turret (4) (N): Select a player. That ship will be destroyed and all targets jettisoned into space. Please use the command
Blast:
playername

R.A)*GO! GO!* 1 (N): You start the game with 4 Marines. They may be used for the following:
--- Track Target (1M): Select a player. You will know any players their ship targeted that night. Please use the command
Track:
playername

--- Watch Target (2M): Select a player. You will know any pilots whose ships targeted that player that night. Please use the command
Watch:
playername

--- Capture Target (1M): Select a player. That player will be forcibly moved to your ship. Please use the command
Capture:
playername

--- Destroy Target (2M): Select a player. That player will be killed. Please use the command
kill:
playername

R.A.)*Nnnnnngggg* (1) (N): Select a player on your ship. That player will be killed. You gain 3 Marines. Please use the command
Eat:
playername
Gammagooey wrote:Kills performed by Zitovig without telling any of us:2
It's a bad idea to be useless when Zito has vig powers. I get so much satisfaction from vigging lurkers you have no idea.
Plum wrote:I said I sent him a Syreen smooch, which was passed-off as RVS jokery about or roles in the previous game.
And it only took me a page for that to click, too. :) Absolutely brilliant. Why did you choose me though?

P.S. Very sad to see poor Decker die. I guess he won't make it to the sequel. :(
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:38 am

Post by Plum »

I knew it would be beneficial to send to someone Night 0 but obviously had no reads. I figured that if I sent it to you and was right (as opposed to everyone else) you'd be the easiest to coordinate with, as we've already had experience. And I was right, though I didn't expect you to go around declaring me Town, but it didn't end up backfiring (partly thanks to me reaching Crimson Corperation Level 2 (ship immunity for normal weapons) before the scum shot made it to me. As far as I can tell.

Did you notice the name of Decker's ship, Zito?

SpyreX - I usually round out an ability description in a Role PM with "This action is preferably submitted in the format
Whatever: Playername
". That way I'll usually get something along those lines which makes me confident enough that both the player and I are on the same page as to what he's trying to do.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

... :O

I didn't even THINK of that. Definitely going to do that in the next one.

Also, I was toying around with the idea of initiative for abilities (1-10, lowest goes, then so on).

Would that make it too complicated?
Show

Proud member of BaM
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 am

Post by CF Riot »

Good game town. Complicated set-ups are always going to be confusing and hard to mod, but that's what makes them fun. Looking at the way things went down I sort of thought the mafia team was at a disadvantage, but after seeing all the night actions and roles I think that the town just played a very good game and got a little bit lucky at just the right times. Kast played a good game as SK as well. Up to D4 I thought Kast was very pro-town, and until Porkens told me he was the one I got ship-swapped with, I was really thinking Zito. Had I not gotten the gift of seeing SERIAL KILLER HERE plastered all over his ship's role PM, I'm sure I could've easily been the next mislynch.

What was the deal with Plum's ship not exploding that one night? I could probably figure it out if I reread but I don't remember seeing anything in the role PMs that explained the situation.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

Night 1?

That night before the kill she had delivered her second piece of equipment giving:
2 - Cloaking Technology: The vessel you are currently residing on will become untargetable by all conventional weaponry.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Papa Zito »

SpyreX wrote:Also, I was toying around with the idea of initiative for abilities (1-10, lowest goes, then so on).
Not, like, rolling for initiative (RPGs) I hope? Cuz NAR should handle that kind of thing. Or just assign a number pre-game and always use that.

BTW, I store mod stuff in Google Docs. That way I only have one version and it's accessible from anywhere.
Plum wrote:I didn't expect you to go around declaring me Town
I think towns spend too much time hoarding info. They should share more.
Plum wrote:Did you notice the name of Decker's ship, Zito?
I did, though it didn't register until SpyreX reminded me. Poor Aelita. :/
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Not ROLLING for it but predefined so there's no question when things happen:

Retrieve (Night, 0 energy, Initiative 1): Pick up a player.
Murder Their Faces (Night, 1 energy, Initiative 3): Kill a player.
Swap (Night, 0 energy, Iniative 2): Swap two players.

So, it would definitely be (Retrieve, Swap, Murder) in the resolution.

SOO, if there was a (FOR EXAMPLE FFF)

Shield (Night, 0 energy, Initative 1): Shield a player from all actions.

It would take place before the murder or the swap (negating both).
Show

Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Yeah there's nothing wrong with that at all, you just have to make sure you play out a ton of scenarios in your head to make sure the numbers are right, cuz once it's game on it's game on and you can't really change things when the game starts. With SCIII that might take a while if it's as complicated as this game (and given the size I'm guessing it'll be more so).
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 8:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes. I think I'll be spending probably a good month on the finale. I've got some ideas but they really need hashing out.

(Also I'm tinkering with a CRAZZY setup now that I may run first)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I would pre-in for CRAZZY but mith would ban me. lulz
Kappa
Just Monika
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

You could either do the initiative or make roleblocking abilities a little more unique since they're the main thing that it matters for: Instead of lumping them in with the rest of the abilities have each "roleblocking" ability take place at the same time or immediately before certain other stages- You might have cruelty's specifically take place before any other actions, and then another that only works on abilities after the swap.

And CF I would have lynched Papa before I lynched you, the kills were kind of pointing in his direction (hmm i wonder how i could have possibly thought that)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Plum »

I wouldn't have let you lynch Zito though; I'd definitely have lynchied CF Riot first.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

But he had no way of actually killing people on Kast's old ship >.>
Kast at least made a little sense since (I thought) he could port people to ani's ship and nom on them, even though he wasn't actually behind the kills.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

This is only the second time I've been mafia, and I definitely have a lot to improve. I got frustrated day two when it seemed so much of the town was confirmed. I apologize to my teammates. Town was too good though. Gamma, you had me from the beginning, and I really wanted you dead :D

I was actually pretty positive Merk was scum from the beginning. I was under the impression that none of the scum knew eachother, and thought post 13 was a breadcrumb :lol:

Honestly I probably wouldn't have suicided if I'd been able to. From the way things were going it looked like Merk would have been the next lynch.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”