Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

This is odd. So Jahudo and Percy both need to vote?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:50 am

Post by semioldguy »

Jahudo... does that mean you actively used your ability or did it trigger automatically?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Jahudo »

My ability is passive, so it just went into effect when I got it. SOG's kingmaker ability basically had no effect on me, so I kept my vote.

And since two votes is a majority now, we'll need to agree on the lynch.

LET THE TRIAL BEGIN!!!

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

This situation isn't confusing enough, let's add a third side.

Jahudo and Percy don't have to agree on a lynch, though that would work, they just have to convince me and I'll seal the deal.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:42 am

Post by semioldguy »

I suppose the hope that the use of my ability would be straightforward was handily crushed.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:This situation isn't confusing enough, let's add a third side.

Jahudo and Percy don't have to agree on a lynch, though that would work, they just have to convince me and I'll seal the deal.
Hmm?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Did I stutter?

It was previously stated that Percy and Jahudo would have to come to an agreement to secure a lynch. I'm claiming that's not the only case and that Jahudo+Me or Percy+Me can also secure a lynch.

Personally while I could still abide by a SOG lynch, I think I might have even more affinity for killing Cobalt for sheer uselessness.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Percy »

Wait a second.

Vi's original VC (which has now been edited away) explicitly stated that nobody had gained their L-1 powers due to the kingmaker ability being used.
Jahudo 420 wrote:Yes, it has to do with my last-shot power. And I guess anyone who would have gotten a power at L-1 have gotten theirs too.
I am really confused. The VC being edited suggests to me that nobody was ever at L-1 today except SOG, and even if we all were until Jahudo got a power, Vi's statement still gives me pause. So how does Jahudo get his L-1 power?

We also haven't seen any effect from Nikanor's power.

I am very suspicious of this turn of events.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Did I stutter?

It was previously stated that Percy and Jahudo would have to come to an agreement to secure a lynch. I'm claiming that's not the only case and that Jahudo+Me or Percy+Me can also secure a lynch.

Personally while I could still abide by a SOG lynch, I think I might have even more affinity for killing Cobalt for sheer uselessness.
What caused me to pause is that in the votecount on the previuos page, Percy's name in in bolded purple. Jahudo's is in black. Everyone else's is in italicized gray, including yours. So your name has the same formatting as everyone who has not claimed the ability to vote at the present. So I feel a little less clear on you. You're more confusing.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I think Vi edited the vote count in response to a clarification PM I sent after receiving my innate ability. I was wondering if it explained my name was in black, if I could vote and if Percy could vote me. Yes to all three, which meant the vote count was incorrect because a majority of 2 votes is 2, not 1, and we went from L-1 to L-2.

DDD: Do we have to vote in order for the lynch to pass, or can you do it all on your own?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Percy »

Just to be clear, Jahudo; you received your innate passive ability that allows you to not be affected by SOG's use of the kingmaker ability because you were put at L-1 by said ability?

The reason I'm skeptical is because of what Vi said in the original vote count, which was that the kingmaker ability didn't activate any L-1 powers, even though everyone was technically at L-1.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I'll ask. I only assumed it activated because I was at L-1 because I noticed the L-1 wording in the vote count. I also thought the purple text had to do with Percy's ability, like Vi didn't want to confirm everything SOG said was true, so the details of being a king were still unknown.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Vi »

I'm right here.
Jahudo 434 wrote:the vote count was incorrect because a majority of 2 votes is 2, not 1, and we went from L-1 to L-2.
Percy 435 wrote:The reason I'm skeptical is because of what Vi said in the original vote count, which was that the kingmaker ability didn't activate any L-1 powers, even though everyone was technically at L-1.
Both of these are correct.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Jahudo wrote:I think Vi edited the vote count in response to a clarification PM I sent after receiving my innate ability. I was wondering if it explained my name was in black, if I could vote and if Percy could vote me. Yes to all three, which meant the vote count was incorrect because a majority of 2 votes is 2, not 1, and we went from L-1 to L-2.

DDD: Do we have to vote in order for the lynch to pass, or can you do it all on your own?
No, I can't lynch anyone on my own.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

Anyone else want to claim still being able to vote?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXV:
- And Things Proceed to Get Weirder

Minimum (L-2)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic,
Jahudo,
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens, Cobalt, semioldguy, VP Baltar

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||
(32%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Percy »

Jahudo 436 wrote:I only assumed it activated because I was at L-1 because I noticed the L-1 wording in the vote count.
The vote count that has since been edited explicitly stated that no-one got L-1 powers as a result. This has now been mod-confirmed.

You also said you sent the mod a clarification PM *after* the original vote count was posted.

When exactly did you get your power? Are you saying your innate ability just coincidentally activated when I was made king?

Same question
@DDD
too.

I'll put my
wild speculation
thoughts on the table;
Nikanor, either at L-1 or after death, got a power that allowed him to give a boost to someone in the form of a passive ability. He chose his scumbuddy Jahudo. Now that the existence of the ability has become public knowledge, Jahudo is claiming that semioldguy's ability caused it. However, it has now been mod confirmed that this is not the case.

@Mod: Was everyone at L-1 at any point today, even instantaneously?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Jahudo »

This is the only thing Nikanor said about Porkens:
Porkens just seems to be pushing whatever wagon is biggest. His play strikes me as something I'd see from a hidden Tarhalindur Survivor in this setup. I have no real read on Porkens.
It happened late in the day, and seemed untimely if he was hoping for a Porkens mislynch because in that post he voted VP Baltar (Nik was L-2, Porkens was L-5, VP had no votes).

Seraphim started the Porkens wagon on page 4, which was also when Nikanor voted Seraphim in part because of a lack of confidence in his Porkens vote. It seems like he was going for the easier target at that moment, but later in the day he also suspects Porkens for relatively the same reason Seraphim did.

And while this was going on, the Tony wagon and dramonic wagon had most of the attention so I don't think Nikanor would go out of his way to create a case on Seraphim unless he was trying to lynch him. I think Porkens had only gone so far as to defend himself from Seraphim, and not go on the offense against Seraphim.

Coming back around to Porkens, I don't know why Nikanor wouldn't have been more in favor of a Porkens lynch early, since Percy was voicing support for it early. It seems like it would have been an easy move for him.

At least with the Tony wagon, he hinted at Tony being scum while the wagon had momentum. With Porkens, he seemed to have recognized the case early (through Sera at least), but he didn't comment on it until too late.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Percy wrote:When exactly did you get your power? Are you saying your innate ability just coincidentally activated when I was made king?
9:19 am. Vi didn't say why I got my ability, but I think the reasoning is actually the power itself.

To clarify, I got a passive ability that makes the desperation ability have no effect on me. So my ability was most likely activated by the cause, rather than the effect, of the kingmaker. It was SOG's transfer, not the circumstances of the lynch threshold being decreased, that triggered my power.

Why is my power more likely to be scum given, and not a townie power?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Percy »

Are your conclusions from 442 that Porkens is more likely scum, and Seraphim/Cobalt less likely scum, given Nikanor interaction? I can't see a solid conclusion in there, but that's what I took from it at least.

You're saying that your passive ability is
IF
a desperation ability causes you to lose your vote
THEN
instead you don't

...which obviously would be a different ability from your 11th hour power, as this ability would be useless to someone at L-1 under "normal" circumstances.

Hmm.

I haven't reached the conclusion as to whether your power is scum given vs. a townie power; however, the fact that Nikanor's power still hasn't emerged, and because this power seems pretty specific *and* not an 11th hour power, I'm withholding judgement. I'm going to go take a long walk and think about this some more.

@Jahudo
: What do you think of the case against SOG?

@Porkens
: Who should I vote, and why?
@Cobalt
@Pomegranate
@dramonic
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 4:52 pm

Percy wrote:
Jahudo 436 wrote:I only assumed it activated because I was at L-1 because I noticed the L-1 wording in the vote count.
The vote count that has since been edited explicitly stated that no-one got L-1 powers as a result. This has now been mod-confirmed.

You also said you sent the mod a clarification PM *after* the original vote count was posted.

When exactly did you get your power? Are you saying your innate ability just coincidentally activated when I was made king?

Same question
@DDD
too.
Got my power a couple hours after Nik hit L-1.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Percy »

Facts:

-Jahudo had the power before the VC was posted; that is why Jahudo's name was in black rather than grey. (Whether he was aware of this is a different story.)
-Vi made a moderation error.
-I am not a true king. :(

Jahudo says:

-Vi informed him that this passive ability had been activated one hour after she posted the VC.
-He (erroneously) assumed that this is because he was put at L-1.
-He sent Vi a clarification PM, saying "hey, doesn't that mean there are two votes in play etc.?"

I'm having great difficulty making heads or tails of this. Ze walk, it does nussing. I'm getting too bogged down in this, and I don't think I have enough information to decide one way or the other. Unless someone else can shed some light on what is going on, I'm going to ignore the "why" and concentrate on the "what should I do now".
Debonair Danny DiPietro 445 wrote:Got my power a couple hours after Nik hit L-1.
OK, that at least establishes a possible precedent of players getting powers when
other
players hit L-1.

I'm going to stop talking now and let others start convincing we good, bad and ugly why we shouldn't execute them.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Porkens »

Not Voting: Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic, Jahudo, Percy, Pomegranate, Porkens, Cobalt, semioldguy, VP Baltar

The fact that SOG USED his ability and wasn't lying about it. gives him town points in my book.
Cobalt, a thousand times cobalt is good for the dying.
I've got Jahudo, VP, and DDD down as town.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by d3x »

@Percy444- Why did you ask those specific players their thoughts?
Pork wrote:The fact that SOG USED his ability and wasn't lying about it. gives him town points in my book.
I'm not following. Why does this give him Town points? The OP states that everyone has an 11th hour ability. Why would he need to lie about it? Also, how can we be sure that he was truthful in his assertion that if he were Scum, he wouldn't be able to give it to a ScumBuddy?

@Mod
- The OP states that once an 11th hour ability is used, we get an extra 10%. As it would seem that DDD and Jahudo have Claimed passive abilities, does this mean they don't add 10% to the pot until they actually Vote?

Personally, I think sog is still the best Lynch for the Day. Reasons? Percy sums it up pretty well in p388.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 6:55 pm

FWIW, I don't have a passive ability mine is active.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”