Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by d3x »

O... yeah. Confusing.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:I think Vi edited the vote count in response to a clarification PM I sent after receiving my innate ability. I was wondering if it explained my name was in black, if I could vote and if Percy could vote me. Yes to all three, which meant the vote count was incorrect because a majority of 2 votes is 2, not 1, and we went from L-1 to L-2.
I'm going to take a wild guess at it and say this may have been a mod boo boo. It may have been after the fact that she realized a power to lynch anyone at L-1 technically should unleash everyone's 11th hour ability. Could have been a compensation to balance that I guess.

I'm not sure what to think about DDD.
Vi wrote:And Things Proceed to Get Weirder
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

Guess who said that :D
Percy wrote:Nikanor, either at L-1 or after death, got a power that allowed him to give a boost to someone in the form of a passive ability. He chose his scumbuddy Jahudo. Now that the existence of the ability has become public knowledge, Jahudo is claiming that semioldguy's ability caused it. However, it has now been mod confirmed that this is not the case.
Of course, this is a good point and I could be completely wrong about the above. hmm.
Percy wrote:I'm going to go take a long walk and think about this some more.
lol, something about the image of Percy by a lake side skipping stones and thinking about mafia strikes me as hilarious.
DDD wrote:Got my power a couple hours after Nik hit L-1.
So you are reaching the conclusion they are related then, correct?

Re: your ability, I don't really care what it is, but I would like to know your personal opinion of whether it will be helpful today or not. If no, I think we should just take you out of the equation for now.

I tend to agree with porkens that SOG looks less suspicious for using his ability. It basically guaranteed his death either today or tomorrow, which is a pretty ballsy move for scum to take after having a buddy lynched on Day 1. I think Cobalt is a good option.

Also, I'm in the camp Jahudo should explain the conclusion of his post 442.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Jahudo »

I can look at the Nikanor interactions a few ways, so I'll give the conclusions I'm leaning towards at the moment but it would be helpful to hear what everybody thinks about them now.
Percy wrote:Are your conclusions from 442 that Porkens is more likely scum, and Seraphim/Cobalt less likely scum, given Nikanor interaction? I can't see a solid conclusion in there, but that's what I took from it at least.
Since some of that was page 4 events, its not a solid tell. I can imagine scum not buckling down until later on, since they'd know early bandwagons aren't filled with confidence. They might wait until later on to find a good wagon. So I can see how he might have been distancing from Seraphim, and not worried about Tony/dramonic/Porkens being the Day 1 wagon to ride into a lynch. He might figure wagons would evolve, and if he could control the Seraphim case early he could see that it doesn't become too large. Yeah I can see that possibility.

Plus Cobalt is just lurking like I've heard he does more often as scum than town. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I've seen him be active as scum, but only after he got under alot of pressure. He might be trying to coast.

-----------------

With Nikanor calling Porkens a possible 3rd party member, I think he was trying to keep suspicion on his even in the event Nik got lynched. That doesn't seem like useful distancing. Porkens does not seem like a good lynch today.
Percy wrote:which obviously would be a different ability from your 11th hour power, as this ability would be useless to someone at L-1 under "normal" circumstances.
I'm pretty sure its my 11th hour ability because I wasn't told about it until it came about. That's how the power is described in the OP.

I don't think its useless, but how powerful do you expect these powers to be? SOG's hasn't saved him yet. I don't think they're mean to be scumfinding powers like cop, but rather self-preservation powers.
Percy wrote:
@Jahudo
: What do you think of the case against SOG?
I still like both the case against Tony and SOG.

SOG or Cobalt seems like a good lynch today.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

VP Baltar wrote:
DDD wrote:Got my power a couple hours after Nik hit L-1.
So you are reaching the conclusion they are related then, correct?

Re: your ability, I don't really care what it is, but I would like to know your personal opinion of whether it will be helpful today or not. If no, I think we should just take you out of the equation for now.
Don't see any other explanation for it really.

Well if one of Jahudo/Percy is scum then there's basically no chance they lynch scum because they have to agree and almost certainly they could find a compromise lynch on town. With my presence looming over their heads that's not really an option any more. I don't
have
to be involved and if we all come to consensus then there's no need for me to use my ability but I think it helped/helps to make sure there's another option besides Percy/Jahudo agreement.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 am

Post by semioldguy »

I am in favor of Debonair Danny DePietro stepping in if he needs to. To me it sounds like Nikanor gave him an ability when he hit L-1 knowing that Debonair Danny DePietro was against the wagon on him and might be able to save him with it (I'm not quite sure I understand how the ability works). But if this is the case, it sounds like a power that scum might not be able to give to their buddies, which is another reason Nikanor never claimed anything about the ability. This makes Debonair Danny DiPietro likely town in my book.

I fell that Jahudo's power makes him slightly more likely to be town as well. Otherwise it'd be a pretty ridiculous power for scum to have in lylo.

I would be in favor of Debonair Danny DePietro stepping in and taking over Percy's vote if needed over Jahudo's (though it likely won't be needed since it is probable that it will achieve the same end result).
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jahudo wrote:Plus Cobalt is just lurking like I've heard he does more often as scum than town. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I've seen him be active as scum, but only after he got under alot of pressure. He might be trying to coast.
This is what I have been trying to figure out honestly. I played with him in Mafia of Order and Last Man Standing where he was town and he was much more active. However, recent games I have seen him in he has been lurking his ass off (including the scum game you're referencing), so I'm trying to figure out if he's actually that unaware of his own meta/suckiness as scum or if he's actively trying to change his meta to super-lurker...kind of like DDD on steroids. I guess the only real way to tell is a flip.
SOG wrote:I am in favor of Debonair Danny DePietro stepping in if he needs to.
And what circumstance do you think he would need to intervene for?
SOG wrote:I would be in favor of Debonair Danny DePietro stepping in and taking over Percy's vote if needed over Jahudo's (though it likely won't be needed since it is probable that it will achieve the same end result).
I'm in favor of the opposite of this. Percy looks much more town to me.
YOUR AD HERE

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 am

Post by semioldguy »

VP Baltar wrote:
SOG wrote:I am in favor of Debonair Danny DePietro stepping in if he needs to.
And what circumstance do you think he would need to intervene for?
If Jahudo and Percy are unable to come to a consensus.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Percy wrote:
@Pomegranate
: Who should I vote, and why?
So I was suspicious of Cobalt because he didn't provide any content all day. Then he shows up and just continues being useless and scummy. So I'm good for Cobalt.

SoG explaining how his power would work for scum and then using it makes SoG look better. I doubt he'd explain how it would work for scum. (If he was scum I think that he wouldn't bring it up altogether.) I say that we don't lynch him today at least.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:17 am

Post by semioldguy »

Proof of ability is not proof of alignment. It really bothers me when people make the leap to think someone as more likely town just because they used an ability they claimed to have.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I'm not saying that.
Pomegranate wrote:I say that we don't lynch him today at least.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Uh, you definitely seemed to be implying that you think he's more town because of his ability, which I agree with SOG doesn't say very much at all about alignment. Do you think he is scummy or not Pom?
YOUR AD HERE

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

VP Baltar wrote:Uh, you definitely seemed to be implying that you think he's more town because of his ability, which I agree with SOG doesn't say very much at all about alignment. Do you think he is scummy or not Pom?
Well I don't like him from before his role went into effect. But I like how he was very clear on his role (and how it would work if he is scum). But that doesn't mean that much, so I'd put him at neutral leaning scum.

Cobalt is in worse shape.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXVI:
- (Not) The One True King

Minimum (L-2)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic,
Jahudo,
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens, Cobalt, semioldguy, VP Baltar

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(25%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Percy »

Porkens 447 wrote:The fact that SOG USED his ability and wasn't lying about it. gives him town points in my book.
I've thought about this, and I think it's a null tell. I can imagine both town and scum using this ability. I can imagine both town and scum giving it to the person who declared an intention to hammer them. It was both interesting and confusing that SOG picked me to be king, but I think drawing the conclusion that he's more likely town is erroneous.
d3x 448 wrote:@Percy444- Why did you ask those specific players their thoughts?
They are the players I have either ambivalent or weak reads on who I think should talk more.
VP Baltar 451 wrote:lol, something about the image of Percy by a lake side skipping stones and thinking about mafia strikes me as hilarious.
I wish I had a lake! The image you want is me sitting in a park near the Opera House, headphones in, eating these awesome chips you can get from a place near there :D
Why off Earth can I not live someplace cool like this v.v
On the other hand I don't have to endure Vegemite here.~ ~Vi

Jahudo 452 wrote:I'm pretty sure its my 11th hour ability because I wasn't told about it until it came about. That's how the power is described in the OP.
You were never at L-1, as far as I've been able to make out. Also, I don't buy that your 11th hour power is immunity from someone else's 11th hour power.
Pomegranate 457 wrote:I doubt he'd explain how it would work for scum.
This is a better weak towntell for SOG than simply using his ability, though it is weak.

Really want to hear from Cobalt. And dramonic, to a lesser extent.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:08 am

Post by dramonic »

You don't wanna hear from me? ;_;

All kidding aside, Cobalt does seem like a fair option. I'm also a bit ambivalent on VP.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:57 am

Post by Jahudo »

dramonic: what is it about VP?
Percy wrote:
Jahudo 452 wrote:I'm pretty sure its my 11th hour ability because I wasn't told about it until it came about. That's how the power is described in the OP.
You were never at L-1, as far as I've been able to make out. Also, I don't buy that your 11th hour power is immunity from someone else's 11th hour power.
Whether I was at L-1 or not shouldn't really matter, because no where does it say everyone has to get their power at L-1. And nowhere did mine talk about L-1...that was something I was speculating from the start. It makes more sense to have been triggered by desperation abilities in general, and a product of SOG's desperation is putting everyone 1 vote from a lynch.

@Mod: Did Cobalt pick up his prod?

He posted after he was prodded, right? ~Vi
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 am

Post by dramonic »

Well, in my mind you're obvtown.
Yesterday he was all fine and all and now he's suspicious of you.

I find it... weird. The change of behaviour.
Also you don't worry me in the least, last time I played with you you claimed scum by yourself anyways :P
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

^clearly shows you're not reading the thread. There is a very specific reason I was interested in Jahudo today. It's all there for you to see if you're paying attention, which I don't really get the impression you are...soooooo
YOUR AD HERE

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Post by Jahudo »

If you look at Seraphim's ISO, he spends 3 posts prodding lurkers, which he thinks is a null-tell. If he was looking for something to do, as he claimed, I don't know why he would do something he didn't believe would amount to scumtells. This is just a minor concern itself, but then he goes on and becomes a lurker.

And I'm even more willing to believe Sera was Nikanor's buddy because other people (Percy, d3x) disliked the case. It doesn't look like Nik trying to become suspicious, but at least get people to see there isn't a good case for Sera at a time when plenty of wagons were forming. It would achieve distancing and protecting a buddy at the same time.

Anyone interpret it the same way? another way?
Jahudo wrote:
@Mod: Did Cobalt pick up his prod?

He posted after he was prodded, right? ~Vi
Oops. Well, in a few hours I'll request another prod :?
dramonic wrote:last time I played with you you claimed scum by yourself anyways
You were in TTGL?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by dramonic »

Nope, it goes back to Werewolves of Miller Hollow, sir piper.
I'm a hoot
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Oh yeah. I was 3rd party claiming mafia there. No need to worry about a crazy gambit from me this game, since its semi-open.
Man, I claim scum alot.

We can still discuss the lynch, but I want to see that my vote counts. Cobalt's my top pick today.

Vote: Cobalt
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

bout time. Percy, any issue with this?
YOUR AD HERE

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Post by dramonic »

VP Baltar wrote:^clearly shows you're not reading the thread. There is a very specific reason I was interested in Jahudo today. It's all there for you to see if you're paying attention, which I don't really get the impression you are...soooooo
42 and/or 45, I've read.
I'm a hoot
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXVII:
- Obligatory 11th Hour Music (I've been remiss in not including any!)
Cobalt (L-1) ~ Jahudo

Minimum (L-2)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic,
Jahudo,
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens, Cobalt, semioldguy, VP Baltar

-Cobalt is at L-1!

Battery Power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(14%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Mod: Can you prod Cobalt (again)?

Yes. ~Vi

Cobalt: did you get an ability?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”