Open 216 - Generic Reality Television Mafia! Day 2!

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Ythan »

Miyu wrote:I know what FoS means, Ythan. Do you?
Haha. You tell me that I should have a better case on you if I ever vote you - your "cases" kind of suck Ythan. Care to put more effort into your own? One detail/act does not a case make.
Look at this, he's bitching about me instead of accounting for himself. If you'd like to see a strong case from me you're going to have to wait until there's actually something to go on, because some players don't try to build up shitty cases out of nothing. Since it's not any kind of smart way to play.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:30 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Day 1, Vote Count 7:
3 Shattered Viewpoint (Deer, Ythan, imaginality)

2 Chnroek (kunkstar7, XScorpion)
2 mavsfan41 (Chronopie, ksen)
1 XScorpion (chnorek)
1 ksen (Miyu)

Not Voting: mavsfan41, nopointinactingup, Shattered Viewpoint

With 12 alive, it takes
7 to lynch!

Day 1 Deadline: May 20 5:30 PM CST

mavsfan41 has failed to post in 72 hours and will receive his second prod.
Last edited by ConfidAnon on Fri May 07, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

Miyu wrote:kunkstar, so you aren't going to call Ythan out for it because it wasn't the only thing that he posted? What is the difference between the two? Why is what Chronopie did much more noteworthy than what Ythan did? How were you not aware of it? You are reading the thread right? Your #161 post was in direct reply to post #160.

mavs; couldn't the town just play a more normal game as opposed to stressing upon the cop roles? First Day's aren't exactly known for clear scum suspects... will you always go for a no lynch in future games then mavs? The day still has ~15 days before the enforced deadline, you don't think you can scumhunt during that time, or that someone is going to do something suspicious?

Scattered, why do you call Mavs newbie scum? What is it about what he said that gave you that impression? Or are you taking the easy road here?

I know what FoS means, Ythan. Do you?
Haha. You tell me that I should have a better case on you if I ever vote you - your "cases" kind of suck Ythan. Care to put more effort into your own? One detail/act does not a case make.

Nawh, that actually isn't stupid Shattered. People are capable of making bad votes. Even if they happen to land on scum.

chnorek, why wouldn't someone care what you are going to do? This is mafia....

Xscorpion, I don't think English is necessarily chnorek's first language. (?)

nopoint, why do you say that procrastination is a tendency for scum?
I think procrastination is a free for all on everyone.
When I posted that, there wasn't much to analyze about who was scum and who wasn't. It was mostly about the strategy of how to handle this set-up. Now that there has been more time and more posts, I have more to work with in trying to find scum. It seems that trying to come up with a plan for the cops has largely dominated the first few pages of this game. Now that it seems that everyone has pasted that and players have started attacking each other, this game has shifted and changed, so I will shift my thoughts from thinking about what happens in day 2 to who is scum in day 1. I will re-read this forum and try to develop a list of my top suspects and reasons along with trying figure out how to post without people taking my post and severely over-analyzing them and missing the whole point like my last post with shattered viewpoint. Boy, he is annoying.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Deer »

Some heavy AtE you got going there, mavs.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

imaginality wrote:
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Apparently I'm having a bad day. Lemme come back tomorrow and see whether I can appease you people with my stellar scumhunting.
When you say you're having a bad day, do you mean:

(a) you're doing scummy things like opportunistic wagon-hopping and it's because you're not playing up to your usual standard of stellar scumhunting today, and hope to play better tomorrow?
(b) you're struggling to explain to the weak-witted townies around you how your play isn't in fact scummy at all, and hope to do a better job of explaining that tomorrow and/or doing enough other good stuff to convince us of your towniness?
(c) you feel aggrieved about having been caught by what you consider a fairly weak case against you and hope that snarkily dismissing it as you having an off day will stay us from driving it through to a lynch?
(d) other?
Nice work, there, bud. You ever think about writing fiction? You could be a bestseller, for sure.

Aside from ascribing all sorts of scum motivation on me, none of the above fits. Here's what I meant: I was having a bad day IRL on Monday, what with clients changing their non-existent minds about their projects and bullshit like that. Then along comes Ythan (I should know better) and pushes my buttons (we have a history, Ythan and I...). I should seriously stop playing mafia with Ythan. I get too damned angry to be of much use. Anyway, I was going to come back Tuesday and calmly let you all know why mavs is scum, but then my computer farted green gas and practically
died.
I got it resuscitated, finally, and here I am to present my arguments.
Miyu wrote:Scattered, why do you call Mavs newbie scum? What is it about what he said that gave you that impression? Or are you taking the easy road here?
(I assume this is at me -- I'm the closest player to "scattered") No, not taking the easy road. I think that his early post (which I quoted in my iso #10) was just the flailing of a newbie scum player. To wit:
mavsfan41 wrote: The town has two plans right now, hypocoping and imaginality's random plan. Personally I like imaginality's plan better. Although it will be hard to figure out who the cops are, and it seems this plan will involve a lot of WIFOM, it seems to be a better plan than hypocoping. I want to ask a the town a question in general, I fear the worst case scenario today with lynch of the cop, and I don't really have a specific scum target, I am down with a no lynch today, and during day 2 will go about with imaginality's plan. Since I don't really have a strong scum read on anyone yet, I will probably not be voting unless something really materializes. What's everyone else's plan on ending today? To lynch or not to lynch, that is the question...
He starts out by recapping (or
parroting
) the debate about hypocopping. Then he inexplicably shifts to a debate about lynch/no-lynch, which, seriously, is not really debatable. Then he admits he has no real scum target (skimming, not reading fully) and decides he's ready for a no-lynch. THEN he goes on to ask all of us what WE think about no-lynch. He's trying too hard, and just ... flailing. Newbie scum. QED.

To top it all off, he posts a wonderful attack on me (annoying? I'll give you
annoying
if you want) and promises -- for, like, the third or fourth time
this game
-- to come back with some analysis. There was nothing to analyze throughout that entire hypocopping debate? Please. I can't even tell what he's saying anymore.
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by imaginality »

Y'know what, I'm going to give Shattered Viewpoint a break for a bit. Applying more pressure to mavsfan41 is a fine idea. If he's scum I think he's gonna crack pretty soon.

Want to join us, Deer?

Unvote;
Vote: mavsfan41

Sidenote: The game I'm in lylo in is nearing deadline so by this weekend I should be freer to focus on this one again.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Miyu »

nopoint, so you aren't accusing Shattered of being scum?

Ythan, the little pink icon under my name begs to differ with the "he". It is right above the joined date, which you looked at earlier. I think that definitely says something about your observation skills. ;)

Uh mavs, that was post #191 - on page eight. Your new one is #227 - page ten. How was there nothing to go off of for those eight pages. You think the last two pages have contained more 'activity' than the first eight? Have you played mafia before? There is pretty much always a goof off first page or so, then people start getting down to business. If you had played before, even in a newbie game I think you would realize that it would eventually get more serious. The entire point of the game is to accuse people of being scum, and to definitely lie and manipulate if you're scum. Which essentially demands that people analyze what others say.

Which is a long way of saying that your posts I believe to be total bs. Your #227 lacks emotion. It looks like you wrote it solely in response to people calling you out for your #191.

Haha, sorry about the name typo there Shattered. I have a friend who goes by Scattered sometimes.

You don't think he could just be a new player, who is perhaps floundering? He did state he was going to ask a general question... just took the scenic route to get there.

Nice switch there imaginality.
Hi.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Ythan »

Miyu wrote:Ythan, the little pink icon under my name begs to differ with the "he". It is right above the joined date, which you looked at earlier. I think that definitely says something about your observation skills. ;)
The fact that
this
is your only response says something terrible about your play.

unvote vote Miyu
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:35 am

Post by XScorpion »

Bad play does not imply scum :/

BTW, what's with people's votes right now? In particular...

@Shattered: If Mavs is scum why aren't you voting him?
@Nopoint: Why aren't you voting anyone? Is no one suspicious enough for you?
@Miyu: Why are you still voting ksen?

and

@Chronopie: Please come back and play?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Ythan »

I said terrible.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 am

Post by XScorpion »

Isn't terrible just like bad except worse?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Ythan »

It's actually derived from the Latin terribilis, or frightful. As in, might kill me at night because she's scum.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:58 am

XScorpion wrote:Bad play does not imply scum :/
No, but bad play can (and
should be)
punished, as it's inherently anti-town. (Not to say that anti-town activity should be given more weight than scummy activity. No, quite the opposite.)
XScorpion wrote:BTW, what's with people's votes right now? In particular...

@Shattered: If Mavs is scum why aren't you voting him?
It was 3 in the morning. Gimme a break.

Vote: mavsfan

Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Deer »

Holy hell, Shattered. Do you ever not bandwagon?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:No, but bad play can (and should be) punished, as it's inherently anti-town. (Not to say that anti-town activity should be given more weight than scummy activity. No, quite the opposite.)
This doesn't even make sense. How do you punish someone without lynching them? Bandwagoning? If it's just anti-town play, rather than scummy play, like how I think Scorpion's playing, what do you do?
Miyu wrote: Nice switch there imaginality.
Do you find that scummy? Are you calling out a scumteam? What does this mean?
chnorek
chnorek
Goon
chnorek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Post by chnorek »

i was gone a little, will catch up in 12h or so.
Miyu
Miyu
Goon
Miyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Miyu »

Nice tunneling Ythan, and way to keep from contributing to the game in any other fashion. You calling me a he was the only legitimate thing which begged for a response. Everything else you said had no bearing on relevancy. Account for myself? In regards to what? Then you go on about a case from you - a strong, non-fecal one would have to wait for something to go on. In response to me telling you that your 'cases' so far have sucked.

Nice of you to call it terrible play, since I was attempting to limit useless arguing between the two of us.. but I'm fine if you care to think it is "terrible" play - for someone to actually want to play the game, as opposed to being caught up in irrelevant squabbles with you.

You can't just sporadically spout things off Ythan, and expect it to be deemed 'mafia play'.

What are your suspicions on me Ythan? Or just voting for "policy".

Xscorpion, you seem to agree that it was "terrible" play, why?
My vote is still on Ksen, because no one has done anything pretty scummy to deserve a vote change. If I were a policy lyncher, I would be voting for Ythan.

Shattered, why is all of that stuff you talked about in regards to Mavs, scummy?

Give you a break Shattered? Why? You called mavs out a number of posts ago, and your last one was at 3am(?), so.... why exactly are you looking for a break?

Deer, imaginality never said why Shattered should be given a break. He switched from Shattered to mavs; arguably the two people getting the most attention at the moment.
Also, you never responded to imaginalities request that you join them on mavs.

Are you just calling out bandwagoners for the heck of it Deer?
Hi.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:03 am

Post by XScorpion »

Miyu wrote:Xscorpion, you seem to agree that it was "terrible" play, why?
I did not say whether I agreed or disagreed, simply that "bad play does not imply scum." Not to mention that I would have to be a hypocrite to judge other people's playstyles :O
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:05 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Hi guys! Found our first backtracking scum here!
unvote; vote: nopointinactingup.

nopointinactingup wrote:At least care to defend yourself before are going. It's been a day and so far you haven't posted. Scum do have a tendency to procrastinate.
nopointinactingup wrote:Ahh I didn't mean that to be an accusation, rather a personal opinion? Of course anybody could procras to defend themselves but I just think a scum in pressure would more likely to do that.
And on a pretty baseless accusation too. You are accusing him of not defending himself, then imply that his not posting(procrastinating as you say) is scummy with the second sentence. It was uneccessary to include that second sentence unless you were attempting to insinuate his scumminess for it. I don't like softsuspicion type things like this at all. Then you backtrack on it and just say its a personal opinion, as if its not supposed to mean anything.

In other news, Miyu vs. Ythan is town vs. town.
Welcome to the Network.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:34 am

Post by XScorpion »

If backtracking is indicative of scum, isn't mavs scum then for supporting no-lynch then changing his mind when accused of not scumhunting?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:16 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

XScorpion wrote:If backtracking is indicative of scum, isn't mavs scum then for supporting no-lynch then changing his mind when accused of not scumhunting?
That works as well.
Welcome to the Network.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:28 am

Miyu wrote: You can't just sporadically spout things off Ythan, and expect it to be deemed 'mafia play'.
Welcome to Ythan's world.
Miyu wrote:Shattered, why is all of that stuff you talked about in regards to Mavs, scummy?
Because he's not truly scumhunting, he's just flailing about, trying to give the appearance of participation. Scummy.
Miyu wrote:Give you a break Shattered? Why? You called mavs out a number of posts ago, and your last one was at 3am(?), so.... why exactly are you looking for a break?
It was late. I was tired. That's all.
Miyu wrote:Are you just calling out bandwagoners for the heck of it Deer?
Yes, Deer, do you do anything
else?

XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:06 am

Post by XScorpion »

kunkstar7 wrote:
XScorpion wrote:If backtracking is indicative of scum, isn't mavs scum then for supporting no-lynch then changing his mind when accused of not scumhunting?
That works as well.
Then what makes nopoint scummier than mavs? And why didn't you vote mavs when he demonstrated his obvious wishy-washiness earlier?
shattered wrote:
Miyu wrote: Are you just calling out bandwagoners for the heck of it Deer?
Yes, Deer, do you do anything else?
Do you do anything other than echo other people's arguments and vote for people who are already being attacked? Do me a favour and post something that is actually original, could you?

Still waiting for a response from Chronek...
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:50 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Chronopie has failed to post in 72 hours and will receive his first prod.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Chronopie »

/prodded.

Forgot about this game, busy week, thought I'd posted a notice about that yesterday...

No wait, I missed this one, just put it in 4 others.

--

Rereading now.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Chronopie »

Alright, the way I read it

Kunk, Ythan, Miyu, imaginality & Shattered are town read.

Deer, Chnorek, nopoint, ksen are neutral

Mavs is scummy.

xScorpion is playing jester... no idea.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost