Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

## Unvote
## Vote: Phate

Challenge accepted. I'll address other things plus UK's pouting fit later.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

This thread is so biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig i'm taking a break from reading sorry.
I was on page 8.

Some realposting:
I'm late to the thread because zoraster said in pm that you had to confirm by pm before posting in the thread. I thought that meant I pm him that I'm playing and he responds "ok confirmed you can post now" but that was not the case apparently. Now I'm replacing into my own slot it feels like. The paaaaaain. It huuuuurts.

I prefer playing scum or other to playing town. I HATE getting mislynched, get very angry at the mislynchers and cranky and stressed out. As scum I'm lynched less often, and if I am lynched, I feel like congratulating worthy opponents rather than screaming at worthless teammates.

I figured some would be able to figure out my preference by meta. Since it didn't seem useful for me to WIFOM this (you thought I'd pick scum but I PICKED TOWN so now you are going to lynch me when... oh... crap....) I elected to go for the dice instead.

I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.

So far in reading the thread, I like DGB's case on Zorblag and like DGB's play in general so far. The Parama VP spat seems hard to read for me. Jack's cult claim seems like real slipping and bumbling, and I'm a fan of lynching stuff that is not Town.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I like how I make DGB's and Troll's scum list for being V/LA, only scum take finals! I'll have a catchup post for you guys by the end of the day.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:27 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Shotty to the Body wrote:I like how I make DGB's and Troll's scum list for being V/LA, only scum take finals! I'll have a catchup post for you guys by the end of the day.
You can vote Phate and catch up later.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:30 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Next list update I have to put pops squarely in the scum category. He's telling us he chose scum and is making up some nebulous story about how he picked town against his own preference. To boot, he's especially eager to eliminate Jack the Cult Leader.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Shotty to the Body, an easy way off that part of my fine lynch list is simply to post when you get the chance. If finals have kept you busy then you'll be able to make it up after their over.

@popsofctown, you know it's funny. Back when I was deciding what alignment to pick I thought that I might say I used exactly that same method (only with higher non-town numbers) to pick my alignment if I decided to go for scum or other. I never actually considered using the method though. You make it tempting to leave my vote but right now I'm slightly more interested in who will follow the lead to Phate (who's also a fine lynch.)

Unvote
Vote: Phate

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Zorblag »

Silly Troll.

##Unvote
##Vote: Phate

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Shotty to the Body wrote:I like how I make DGB's and Troll's scum list for being V/LA, only scum take finals! I'll have a catchup post for you guys by the end of the day.
You can vote Phate and catch up later.
Fine.
##Vote Phate
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:43 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Next list update I have to put pops squarely in the scum category. He's telling us he chose scum and is making up some nebulous story about how he picked town against his own preference. To boot, he's especially eager to eliminate Jack the Cult Leader.
^this. That was the biggest load and I started laughing at the numbers too. I think other may have been the choice on the so called dice but yeah it was scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

charter ( 0 )
Cobalt ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) RedCoyote
fishythefish ( 0 )
Gammagooey ( 1 ) Jack
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 1 ) Gammagooey
Jazzmyn ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 1 ) Debonair Danny DiPietro
ojanen ( 0 )
Parama ( 2 ) xvart imaginality
phate ( 5 ) farside22 DrippingGoofball VP Baltar Zorblag Shotty to the Body
popsofctown ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
VP Baltar ( 2 ) Parama phate
xvart ( 7 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff ojanen Nicodemus fishythefish charter UncertainKitten
Zorblag ( 1 ) Cobalt
Not Voting ( 3 ) d3x Jazzmyn popsofctown
Total Votes ( 24 )

Deadline: May 18th at 11:00 EDT
With 24 able to vote, 13 needed to lynch.

Just as a reminder, all actions must be in before night falls or it'll be recorded as "no action." To avoid this, it's a good practice to put a provisional action in place as you can always change your action at a later point.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 7:56 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

@xvart - Ignoring 173 doesnt make the case on you go away.

I would rather lynch xvart today and just point someone with a gun at phate tonight. Never have been a big fan of lurker lynches though when situations arent desperate.

Also RC is probably scum
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Hi, why is there a Phate counterwagon to xvart scum? This is very telling ^-^.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Jack »

##unvote:Gamma
##Vote:phate

fos:popsofctown
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 9:44 am

Post by imaginality »

xvart probably isn't scum. His 'continued wilful ignorance' re. the QT stuff seems more dumb than scum.

Phate could be scum, yeah. Too early to say, but more pressure here is good.

##Unvote;
##Vote: Phate

I agree with Llama about RC looking scummy. Wary of pops too (the comment about getting mislynched more as town seems kinda like a way to deter people from wagoning him, and I have a gut feeling that his suspicion of Jack for the cult comment isn't genuine).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Parama »

VP Baltar wrote:Parama 169 is ><. You're really bad at this game, aren't you?
tsk tsk tsk
VP Baltar wrote:Here's a cool example:
Parama wrote:OMGUS =/= Vote
OMGUS = overreacting to a vote like you did in your previous post and trying to attack the player who attacked you.
Meanwhile, elsewhere:
Mafia Wiki wrote:OMGUS stands for "Oh My God, You Suck (for voting for me)!". it is sometimes used as a shorthand to
indicate that you are voting for someone primarily because they voted for you
indicate that you are voting
voting
The wiki isn't God. Taking everything to the literal meaning is stupid.
OMGUS should be redefined as "believing someone is scum solely because that person believes you to be scum." Because it's saying the same thing and it's the same tell except it covers more actions that lead to the same tell.
I don't think I've ever really read much of the wiki.
VP Baltar wrote:You should perhaps consider sometime that five or six months on site isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things.
tsk tsk tsk
VP Baltar wrote:
Parama wrote:Setting up a dichotomy I see.
Implying you think we could be the same alignment? Haven't seen that from your play yet. But buzz words are fun.
You're implying that either one or the other is scum. You're saying that people who find both of us suspicious don't make sense.
IIRC that's a dichotomy - where there are only two possible solutions and one or the other must be true - a third option that combines both solutions is illogical.
Or maybe I'm just making stuff up.
Or maybe you know I'm right.
VP Baltar wrote:
Parama wrote:Quick note: no time to fully explain this but you should know by now that I hate meta
Parama's first sentence in this game wrote:Anyone who understands how I play knows my alignment.
I seriously don't get the town reads on him. Keep contradicting yourself champ.
Keep completely missing the point champ.

Yeah I'm still happy with my vote.
Since when is DGB leading the town? .-.
Not that I'm opposed to it but I hate when people go and leave one person in charge.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:13 am

Post by farside22 »

*adds imagine to scum list*

I voted for Phate long time ago. The following from people on what DGB says is distrubing.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:17 am

Post by Jack »

farside22 wrote:*adds imagine to scum list*

I voted for Phate long time ago. The following from people on what DGB says is distrubing.
I was following you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

Post by farside22 »

Jack wrote:
farside22 wrote:*adds imagine to scum list*

I was following you.
ewww get off of me. :P
Why do you think that xvart isn't scummy?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Jack »

He is scummy, but he always is, so there needs to be more than that. He talks funny, like when he phrases things in question form even though he believes them. Makes him sound hesitant.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by charter »

Zorblag wrote:@charter, it's interesting that your suspicion of me came apparently came right after Post 221 and that you're saying it's based on active lurking. Just so that I'm clear what you don't like, what is it that you think active lurking is? I don't mind it at all when people suspect me but that's an interesting reason for you to use.
Upon reflection, I don't know what I was thinking with the active lurking. It just seemed like your posts were very big and said very little, but even that's not really the case. So yeah, I don't really know what I was thinking with that. I've since bumped you back to neutral.

DDD looks really town, and his case on Nico is good.

Balter is such glaringly scummy, it's hurting my head. First he hops on Xvart and declares Xvart as the lynch. The next day he hops on Phate. It's painful reading his scummy posts.
##unvote
##vote Balter

DDD, do you think Balter is scum?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Troll wrote:@VP Baltar, how much have you played with charter? This seems about what I expect from an opening for him.
I've played with him on three occasions if my memory serves me. His tunnelling isn't unexpected really, but generally speaking I've at least seen him tunnel for better reasons in the past. His attacks on me, much like Parama and UK, are laughable at best. That's what is annoying about him.
Uk wrote:Oh, right, and you've still never explained how I violated my own tell and decided to woohoo ignore the evidence I had against your fucking idiotic accusation.
First, it could not be any more clear than when I first said it. I'll quote it for you since you apparently can't remember:
VP Baltar wrote:
UK wrote:@VP: I don't like your posting, and am ready to vote you given how pliable you been for basically any wagon that's occured.
You sure about that? Only people I've voted have been you, who no one was voting for, and Para, who has scum juice leaking out of his eyes.

Now, I mean, if we want to talk about someone trying to hedge bets for recent wagons:
UK wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: VPBaltar
##FoS: xvart
##FoS: Parama
##FoS: Jack
That could be a good place to start. Using a scumtell you're guilty of to vote someone is reason to lynch you.
Second, I don't know what "evidence" you provided against it when all I saw you say was:
UK wrote:Contradiction of my own tells? What land are YOU coming from?
So, anytime you'd like to explain how I was pushing any wagon at that time when I only wanted to lynch you or Parama, feel free. You can also explain why that is a scumtell for me if it was true (which it's not) and not for you, who backed four major wagons in that same post.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Post by xvart »

LlamaFluff wrote:So then he was scummy for the ordering, sound like if it was the other way around it would have been a null factor.
I read his post that his case was based on how his gut feeling on every post was off, then an afterthought of shallow logic. That's how it reads to me. When I build a case I start with the concrete and then would follow with "oh, and every post he makes I do not like."
LlamaFluff wrote:You are ignoring the simplest answer still. It was a QT from a past game hydra. Are you honestly trying to argue that Eli tried to prove a point by quoting the scum QT in such a way that it could not have been accidental? They arent masons, they arent scum, they ARE both town. Let it go, you are wrong.
Yes, I was; although it was not because I was ignoring it.
LlamaFluff wrote:So its not a slip then? If you think they slipped, I would belive that you would be voting that over a read. Your choice of suspicions make no sense, apart from just trying to get the easier lynch through.
I've I've said countless times, I found it suspicious...
LlamaFluff wrote:Please... read between the lines. I looked at my role and immediately speculated on how many town players there are, and likely how many scum/other exist. How could speculating in this setup possibly be a tell?
And how definite was your speculation?
LlamaFluff wrote:This is actually somewhat along the lines of charter-town play.
Good to know. Thanks for answering for him.
popsofctown wrote:I figured some would be able to figure out my preference by meta. Since it didn't seem useful for me to WIFOM this (you thought I'd pick scum but I PICKED TOWN so now you are going to lynch me when... oh... crap....) I elected to go for the dice instead.

I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.
Why did you use Mafia 89? Since your prefer mafia, but wanted to be random, why didn't you just randomly pick from 1, 2, or 3? Did you really think that your random setup would yield a stronger defense as opposed to the WIFOM you mention?

And, wtf with the whole pm'ing zor about confirming... This whole post is just full of strange explanations.
UncertainKitten wrote:Hi, why is there a Phate counterwagon to xvart scum? This is very telling ^-^.
I thought multiple wagons were pro-town?

Is there something I am missing in Phate's two posts that is glaringly scummy that I am missing? popsofctown's two posts are much more suspicious to me than Phate's two posts.

##Unvote: Parama
##Vote: popsofctown

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Jack »

xvart wrote:Is there something I am missing in Phate's two posts that is glaringly scummy that I am missing?
No, not really.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by xvart »

Okay then.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Nicodemus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:He displays utter oblivousness to a possible information role and only uses the "joking" assumption to try and back away from a bad situation when both possibilities should have been a consideration in the beginning.
Nicodemus wrote:No townie role, at least in my experience, could possibly give you any clue as to the exact number of scum in a game.
I stand by this. I've never heard of an information role of that type before, one where the exact number of the scum team is revealed to a town-aligned player.

Also, I'm not exactly sure which bad situation I'm supposed to be "backing away from" when I'm offering you my explicit thoughts on the situation. I am of the opinion that Parama was not given explicit role-based information on the number of scum in the game, but I am willing to accept his explanation of his post as a joke. I am not, however, willing to accept his post as a "guess" as Llama is, because there is no way that a townie could make such a guess with the information available to him.
And then he ends the post by mischaracterizing IIoA as "too townie to be town" which is really just a dreadful opinion. Nico needs more votes.
Does dreadful opinion = scummy?
UncertainKitten wrote:@VP: Thanks for proving you're just a dick ^-^.

I reserve the right to ignore every post you make from now on until you get an attitude adjustment and also learn how to post in a readable format.

And also don't spend half a post on completely irrelevant shit.

Oh, right, and you've still never explained how I violated my own tell and decided to woohoo ignore the evidence I had against your fucking idiotic accusation.

Die.

I'll find a way to make sure you die. You most certainly deserve it.

Not much else to respond to,
Do you normally curse this much in-game UK?
popsofctown wrote:I used Mafia 89 Revenge. Generated a random number from 1 to 22. 1 to 3 were mafia, 4 was other, all other numbers were town. I got town.
This explanation. Man it stinks. It stinks even more when you look at the game in question and see that there were actually 5 scum, not 3. A fact that I would assume you were acquainted with since you were a part of the game. To me it looks like you fixed the numbers so that there was a higher perceived probability of you rolling town than there should have been, just to get us to trust your townness that much more.
FoS pops
for this entirely unbelievable explanation.

Phate wagon is good, although I'm wondering why DGB chose to follow Zorblag's lead on starting that wagon when she has a scum read on him.
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”