Mini 954 ~ Mafia at the 11th Hour (Game Over!)

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Post by Percy »

Well, I'm not that jazzed about Cobalt because he's clearly been phoning in his play and there's nothing in his ISO or Seraphim's ISO that makes me think he's town. However, I have suspicions about Jahudo and I think my SOG case is pretty good too, and this seems like a compromise lurker-lynch that really just comes down to chance as to whether Cobalt is scum.

I need to go back and look at actual cases that people have put against Cobalt.

Cobalt had 1 vote (VP Baltar's) when SOG was put at L-1. Now the support for the SOG wagon has dried up completely and Cobalt seems like the easy lynch that scum may have managed to inveigle.

I want to hear from Cobalt. I want to know if he gets his L-1 ability. I want to re-read the people who went from "SOG IS SCUM" to "LET'S LYNCH COBALT". I'm nowhere near ready to commit my vote, so I'll start my re-read now.

Also,
@Mod:
Vegimite is teh
GREATEST
and I will not have anyone slander this delicious foodstuff. C'mon, it's
EXTRACTED FROM YEAST HOW AWESOME IS THAT

Can I make fun of those lamb tongues in jelly, or is that more of a New Zealand thing? ~Vi
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:32 am

Post by d3x »

Just a head's up, we're at 14% as of last night. Whatever happens needs to happen fast. As I said D1, Ending with a deadline forced NL would be bad, imo.

Also, I believe Percy to be Town if for nothing more than the Nik attack on him for the weird attack early on.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

We probably have like two days, right? Jahudo and Percy, work it out quickly please.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 am

Post by semioldguy »

I also don't understand the switch from players to cobalt. The case on cobalt makes as little sense to me as the case on me did.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Jahudo »

Ok, what about my case don't you like SOG? Who would you rather see lynched?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:57 am

Post by semioldguy »

Someone whose username begins with the letter P. They are my three top suspects.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:43 am

Post by d3x »

@sog- Did I miss a Pom case out there somewhere? The only real mention I found from you is...
semioldguy wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Exactly. When someone is against a wagon on scum but doesn't explain why, it's scummy.
I disagree.
Would you care to give more analysis re: this, plz?

GTKAS - d3x
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Pomegranate »

semioldguy wrote:Someone whose username begins with the letter P. They are my three top suspects.
I agree with d3x. If you think I'm scum, would you please elaborate on why? It's hard to defend myself when I'm not sure what I've done.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 am

Post by semioldguy »

d3x wrote:@sog- Did I miss a Pom case out there somewhere? The only real mention I found from you is...
semioldguy wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Exactly. When someone is against a wagon on scum but doesn't explain why, it's scummy.
I disagree.
Could either or both you explain why it is scummy?
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:11 am

Post by semioldguy »

Pomegranate wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Someone whose username begins with the letter P. They are my three top suspects.
I agree with d3x. If you think I'm scum, would you please elaborate on why? It's hard to defend myself when I'm not sure what I've done.
What you meant was that it's harder to slip up as scum when you don't know what you've done.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 am

Post by d3x »

Umm...

1. I didn't say it was scummy. I don't have a strong read on Pom atm and would like your perspective {unless you are talking outta' yer hindquarters, in which case it's scummy :)}.

2. If ScumPom's fishing for a case to defend against, then how is that what you may be doing in p483?

GTKAS - d3x
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:22 am

Post by Pomegranate »

semioldguy wrote:
d3x wrote:@sog- Did I miss a Pom case out there somewhere? The only real mention I found from you is...
semioldguy wrote:
I disagree.
Could either or both you explain why it is scummy?
The Nikanor wagon seemed reasonable, yet you opposed it. But you never explained why. If you were town and had good reasoning to appose the wagon, you would've explained it, in order to derail it. But you didn't explain your opinion. So it seems likely that you didn't have much reason. And the only person who would want to oppose the wagon, a reasonable wagon without explanation would be Nikanor's scumbuddy.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:29 am

Post by semioldguy »

Pomegranate wrote:The Nikanor wagon seemed reasonable, yet you opposed it. But you never explained why.
If you were town and had good reasoning to appose the wagon, you would've explained it
, in order to derail it. But you didn't explain your opinion. So it seems likely that you didn't have much reason.
And the only person who would want to oppose the wagon, a reasonable wagon without explanation would be Nikanor's scumbuddy.
The bolded is bad logic.

Additionally, why would town explain? When I explain that I am against a wagon as town it has never stopped the wagon and just gets me lynched the next day anyway for being against a wagon. If I believe that explaining is going to both get me and the person I am against lynching lynched, why would I want to explain?

The underlined is a huge jump to conclusion and also bad logic. Town do not know who scum are.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 am

Post by semioldguy »

d3x wrote:Umm...

1. I didn't say it was scummy. I don't have a strong read on Pom atm and would like your perspective {unless you are talking outta' yer hindquarters, in which case it's scummy :)}.

2. If ScumPom's fishing for a case to defend against, then how is that what you may be doing in p483?
Why do you want to know why I find something scummy, but at the same time not be asking why someone else finds the same thing scummy? Do you think that what Pomegranate claims to be scummy is scummy?

I'm more likely to talk out of my ass as town, which I guess would make it a null tell. If you want to make the case that it is anti-town or unhelpful, then that's okay, but I disagree that it is scummy.

Why does or should Pomegranate feel the need to defend herself right now? (Pomegranate, feel free to address this as well)

She only has one person even mention suspicion of her and no posted case against her, why is she threatened enough by this to feel like she should be defending herself?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Pomegranate »

semioldguy wrote:Why does or should Pomegranate feel the need to defend herself right now? (Pomegranate, feel free to address this as well)

She only has one person even mention suspicion of her and no posted case against her, why is she threatened enough by this to feel like she should be defending herself?
Well, I think that it's fairly obvious. I no one likes it when people think that he is scum, town and mafia alike.So he wants to explain why he's not scum. But first he need to know why people think that he is scum.

Does that explain it? (Maybe not. But let's say that I don't like it when people think that I am scum.)

Also, weekly V/LA.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XXVIII:
- Deadline's Coming Too Quickly! (volume++)
Cobalt (L-1) ~ Jahudo

Minimum (L-2)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro, d3x, dramonic,
Percy,
Pomegranate, Porkens, Cobalt, semioldguy, VP Baltar

-Cobalt is at L-1!

[size=0]Cobalt - 1[/size]
Battery Power:
||||
|
|
(6%)
Last edited by Vi on Fri May 07, 2010 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Percy »

d3x 392 wrote: I'm of course down for SOG, but I'm also pretty good with Cobalt on the block.
Debonair Danny DiPietro 431 wrote:Personally while I could still abide by a SOG lynch, I think I might have even more affinity for killing Cobalt for sheer uselessness.
dramonic 464 wrote:All kidding aside, Cobalt does seem like a fair option.
(He had previously stated his support for the SOG wagon)
Jahudo is where things get interesting. In post 296, he is "leaning Town" on Cobalt; he contines this rhetoric in post 393. He can "see the possibility" of Cobalt-scum in post 452, and makes a half-hearted appeal to meta. Now Cobalt is his "top pick" because he makes the read in post 468 that it is actually a good distancing move for Nik to attack Seraphim.
This complete about-face, as well as his very weak approach to SOG (check his ISO for a strong opinion on the leading wagon for today pre-king; you won't find one) make me very reluctant to vote Cobalt.

Pomegranate's stance on Cobalt is that he's a lurker, and that's about it. I assume Porkens feels similarly.
VP seems rather ambivalent about all the lynches today, but I assume that Cobalt remains his top pick.

SOG doesn't understand the case on Cobalt, and I'm with him there.

My willingness to vote Cobalt is very low. I think it's a lazy case and unless there's no other option I won't be voting Cobalt. If I do and Cobalt flips scum, then I think Jahudo is the most likely scumbuddy.

My top three are currently Jahudo, semioldguy and Porkens, for reasons I have stated elsewhere. I'm not going to let this day be a NL, but without Cobalt or DDD, and Jahudo's vote on Cobalt, we're at an impasse.

Vi wrote:Can I make fun of those lamb tongues in jelly, or is that more of a New Zealand thing? ~Vi
Definitely NZ. If you want to make an Australian really angry, ask them if they want "another shrimp on the barbie".
(No-one in Australia says "shrimp". We say "prawn". The line was changed because they knew no-one in the US would know what a "prawn" was. We're still pretty raw about it.)
Was that "raw" a food pun, or another regionalism?
Also, Americans only know "prawn" as how you say "pr0n".

"Prawn" is one of those words that may make sense when read but none at all when said. "Queue" is similar.
Also, I'm told it's even easier to upset an Aussie by reflexively addressing them with "G'day, mate" or with any reference to Crocodile Dundee/Crocodile Hunter.

Now if only I knew any non-Americans/Asians IRL I could put some of this advice to good use <.< ~Vi
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Percy »

Ninja'd by mod vote count. 6%. We lost 8% yesterday, when I assumed we had at least 48 hours left.

Fuck.

DDD? Cobalt? Anything to add in these last 20 hours or so?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I don't mind a SOG lynch, but I prefer Cobalt and some people I think are town seem to prefer him too. The reason I didn't talk about him more was that the wagon was well in hand and I was speaking my mind about VPB. I explained why I thought SOG was scum, and I didn't have anything else to ask him.

Cobalt and Porkens reads went hand in hand, and I flipped them after mulling over how Nikanor might have been playing yesterday. I like my basis of thinking now more than I did previously.

@Percy: What about my Cobalt case doesn't add up? Besides my participation, what is wrong with the tell?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Percy wrote:VP seems rather ambivalent about all the lynches today, but I assume that Cobalt remains his top pick.
Well, I've been saying it for quite some time now. But you're right, now that my voting power is gone it does kind of zap the fun out of picking. I still say Cobalt is playing to his scum meta.

Tick tock, you two. Right now it looks like SOG or Cobalt between the two of you, so make your last points and then find the compromise. That or DDD should get in here and do what he needs to do.
YOUR AD HERE

Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Percy »

Jahudo 493 wrote:I don't mind a SOG lynch, but I prefer Cobalt and some people I think are town seem to prefer him too.
Does this include VP Baltar?
Jahudo 493 wrote:@Percy: What about my Cobalt case doesn't add up? Besides my participation, what is wrong with the tell?
What tell? The fact that he's lurking, and apparently that's something he does as scum? Is that the tell? Or are you talking about how Nik's attack on Seraphim is somehow a bussing move?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Percy wrote:My top three are currently Jahudo, semioldguy and Porkens, for reasons I have stated elsewhere. I'm not going to let this day be a NL, but without Cobalt or DDD, and Jahudo's vote on Cobalt, we're at an impasse.
I'm here, it seemed town consensus was to let you and Jahudo hash it out and for me to use my power only as a last resort. It's getting close to that, so convince me and I'll likely swing your way otherwise it's probably Cobalt hanging from his neck.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 12:16 am

Post by Jahudo »

Percy wrote:
Jahudo 493 wrote:I don't mind a SOG lynch, but I prefer Cobalt and some people I think are town seem to prefer him too.
Does this include VP Baltar?
I have doubts, and it seems most of the group does as well so he's been downgraded until further notice.
Percy wrote:What tell? The fact that he's lurking, and apparently that's something he does as scum? Is that the tell? Or are you talking about how Nik's attack on Seraphim is somehow a bussing move?
Nik's attack on Seraphim, but I would say it was distancing not bussing.

Also my doubts about Porkens include his "willingness to lynch anyone day 1" is not an alignment tell. And SOG was against Nik at a time it made more sense for him to bus. So why are they better lynches?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:05 am

Post by Percy »

Jahudo 497 wrote:Also my doubts about Porkens include his "willingness to lynch anyone day 1" is not an alignment tell.
Not an alignment tell ≠ towntell. How could a nulltell give you doubts? What do you think about the rest of his play?
Jahudo 497 wrote:And SOG was against Nik at a time it made more sense for him to bus.
Again you dismiss the case based on WIFOM. This verges on "2scum4scum".

@DDD
: Case material against SOG can be found and .
Case material against Jahudo can be found and , and I have serious misgivings about Jahudo getting an 11th hour power.
As for Porkens, it's his D1 play, especially surrounding the Tony wagon, along with his complete uselessness today.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 3:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Where is Porkens anyhow? Is he due for a prod (not that it matters at this point I guess)?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”