Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by Phate »

Reading a few players in iso. Here's Jack. As I wrote this, I gradually went from feeling he was definitely scum to feeling like he was probably town.
Jack wrote:I much prefer town to mafia. Although strategizing in the quicktopic is fun.

It'll be interesting to see how the non-hostile "cult" thing works out, I kinda wish I'd picked that.
I don't understand why he would assume cult here.

Next he votes DGB for not being genuine. If he's ever played with DGB before, he knows this is genuine DGB. Whether it's scum or town DGB, I'm not sure, but it's nothing out of the ordinary.
Jack wrote:It does seem likely to me that people who are known to love being scum would pick scum or other. The choice was far enough away from the actual game that worries about being caught out by it would be a bit distant. Most people probably just picked what the wanted to be, and figured they would use wifom to argue if they were accused of liking scum more.
These are the words of a man who at the very least considered being scum. I see Fishy also caught this.
Jack wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:It was included in the Pick Your Side pm I received.
That's a deliberately bare minimum defense,
fos:Nico
What?
Jack wrote:
Fishythefish wrote:You say Nico's defense is "minimalist". What, exactly, has he failed to defend, or how should his defense be expanded?
No I didn't, that's not important, and that's irrelevant.

His defense sounded like he was worried about being too defensive. Scum points for that.
Again, this sounds like something scum would think. In other news, I'm agreeing with Fishythefish 100% at this point.
Jack wrote:Obviously, you don't "know the meaning" of my fos of nico ("I can't think of any purpose" etc). Have fun ice skating on hypocrisy lake. Vagueness is often honesty, and honesty is pro town.
Jack wrote:I think FishyTheF needs some votes too. He makes points that sound like things he often uses as town, but they don't really jive with reality and he's avoiding backing away from them.
I don't think I need to qualify these with an explanation of why I think they're scummy. I'll just call attention to them.

Getting slightly out of order here, but these two look nice next to each other.
Jack wrote:@FishyTheF: because it sounds like he was worried about being too defensive. Why are you defending him before he explains it himself? Isn't that what you jumped on me for doing earlier? Also, you should check and see if your book has a new edition. Or stop using a book, and start using your gut.
Jack wrote:However, you are still basing your argument on a) your "tell" about scum making pointless posts and b) disagreeing with my read of Nico's posts. Neither jive with proper tell theory.
At this point he pulls his vote off of Fishy and votes Gammagooey because "Somewhat scummy." He defends his lack of reasoning with "none of this bleeding from the eyeballs stuff for me, not this early in the game thanks." In his next post, "Fishy may be scum after all", so he votes him. No reasoning. He notes DGB's criticism of Troll's first post with "It's a tell I've never heard of and I don't see it. Yet I'm feeling no inclination to be suspicious of DGB." I don't understand why he wouldn't be suspicious of DGB if he doesn't see a tell in Troll's post. Troll's not likely to make newbie mistakes and neither is DGB.

A few posts later he explains that he's voting fishy because "I already said. Keep the fake pro town 'asking questions because debate is pro town' thing going though."

Then he votes Gammagooey again, with the case that his posts don't sound townie, he wants to know what Gamma thinks about xvart, and Gamma is choosing between xvart or Jack depending on who's more popular. After a response, he follows up with "So you have made up suspicions on two easy targets, and aren't interested in anyone else. Check." This is a well-reasoned vote and I like it.

D'oh, guess not. Turns out xvart already has reads on other players. Jack says "Sorry, can't reread." and asks xvart to quote his post. In his next post, he says "I can reread perfectly well thank you." ???

After a bunch of one-liners, and fossing LlamaFluff for "pushing a lynch a bit too heedlessly", and fossing charter and popsofctown without giving a reason, he votes me for no stated reason. When farside calls attention to the way votes piled up after DGB said to lynch me, he tells her "I was following you."

When xvart asks "Is there something I am missing in Phate's two posts that is glaringly scummy that I am missing?", he says "No, not really."

When I respond to DGB's attack on troll, he goes back to voting Gamma.

----

In conclusion, right now I think he's being way too brazen about not giving reasons for his suspicions to be scum. Too casual, if that makes any sense. He seems to be a very gut-based player. I'm not used to looking at it that way (looking at posts from the viewpoint of "If I were scum, would I do this?"), but he's consistent enough with it that I'm reasonably convinced that he is. Now I'm going to look through some of his past games at his scum play and see if matches.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I said AT LEAST one scum. RC is still neutral. Why are you interested in him in particular?
You gotta be aggressive with your "at leasts" makes people pay more attention to them.

RC because im almost at the point where im ready to lynch him. Depending on how a couple things go that point may be as early as tomorrow.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by Phate »

Alright, I'm reading through Mafia 59: Hell on Earth. It's from 2007. Jack was a member of one of several scumteams. I wanted a more recent one but he doesn't have links to his wiki, so I just Googled.

He has the same "don't reason for my votes, lots of one-liners" thing going, but there's a big difference. Instead of putting himself in the shoes as scum the way he does here, he just makes standard accusations like "His play today was basically 'lurk lurk lurk jump on pj wagon for no reason', which is typical newbie scum." Some of that is definitely more experience, but it's a difference in the way he plays.

If Jack's scum, I'll be surprised. Now I think I'm going to go to bed. I have tomorrow off, so I can be productive tomorrow too.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Awwright, if I miss a question someone asked me say it again/quote it and I'll answer.

DDD-"Because he can get away with it" is in fact the CORRECT ANSWER to the question of why he's doing it, but town players
shouldn't be trying to get away with shit

VP- Your mega-post was pretty cool read-wise but bringing Llama from likely buddy to this is why I know he's town from not wagoning you is contorting my face. I have a decent guess for what your answer is for this, but what exactly made you put Llama in buddies in the first place?

Jazz-Where are yooou? Even reads from a partial readthrough would be great right now.

RC-I understand it from the first read, although admittedly I'm biased here from writing it. I misunderstood Jack's question so I stated what I thought the question was at first then re-answered the question. How is trying to clarify a reading error pointless?

Phate lynch is a lurker lynch except during exams and the player isn't lurking anymore so yeah, no.
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Ojanen »

Red 310 wrote:xvart, Jack, farside, Gamma, and any of the lurkers (including Phate, Cobalt, pops, Jazzmyn, SttB) would be acceptable lynches for me at this point
Red 310 wrote:I don't really get what separates Phate from the others, especially to the degree that DGB and farside see it. They both strike me as though they see something that obviously sticks out. I don't, but I'm not opposed to a lurker lynch, especially on D1.
I still don't get why you sort of settle yourself to vote due to not opposing a lurker lynch because others see something, when apparently xvart, Jack, farside and Gamma have some action that you actually feel is tangibly scummy. Especially when one of the people "obviously seeing something that sticks" is on your scum list.
Why did you choose Phate over xvart, when both had wagons?

I, too, found pops' only post to be not believable.
Even the "I'm late cause I thought I had to confirm to zoraster and wait to post until he says I can play" opening is just really weird from an experienced/smart guy. I don't know why he chose to go on about it for no benefit but the dice rolling sounds very fake, especially with number of mafia adjusted down when he prefers mafia.

I didn't really get the Phate wagon. I thought the reason he now went into detail on DGB's "case" on Zorblag was natural, because he was attacked over his earlier comment on it. That being said, Jack meta from 2007 is busyworkish to me. That's long enough ago that the basic assumption almost should be that the play is likely different no matter what.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

farside 319 wrote:framing someone is a bit strong. It's called reading and coming to a conclusion. I had at least 3 post showing my issues with Para. How is it inaccurate?
You have Para on your scum list aren't you being hypcritcal on my case
You and Parama can't both be scum, is that what you're saying?

What's inaccurate is you saying that you had the first vote on Parama, accusing Parama of misleading the town, when that is just not true... at all. You can say it was an honest mistake and your looked over it, but that's an extremely bold statement to make. What makes it worse is you didn't even bother to go back and check whether it was true.
xvart 9 wrote:Woah. Talk about the biggest load of WIFOM right out of the gate.

##Vote: Parama
Jack 16 wrote:
##vote:parama

What did you say in your first post?

There is nothing wrong with OJ's question...town reads are valuable
I don't see how either of these votes are not serious, personally. They're early votes, most definitely, but they're both explained.
farside 319 wrote:Really how did Param catch me exactly? And where are you getting that I found xvart town?
He caught you here, where else? Not town, that was me misspeaking. I meant to say I get you see Jack/xvart as better than Phate, but I didn't see how Phate leapfrogged in front of everyone else.

---
Llama 330 wrote:What is your reasoning on farside?
Her argument against Parama was weak and late to the table, basically that Parama is scum because he is pushing the idea that he loves to be town. So what, you may say, if it gets a little discussion going? Well, the next part is that Parama tells farside that she's bandwagonning. farside essentially says that's not true, without bothering to check it out. Parama points to votes that were on him beforehand, and farside said that she missed one of them and one doesn't count.

So, ultimately, I think farside was just trying to slip her vote in for Parama and stir up trouble without really looking into it. If she really thought that Parama was lying to her, why didn't she just go back and verify it herself?
Llama 330 wrote:What about gamma? All I have seen you say on him is "posts are worded poorly".
Well, we've got players like Gamma, Jack, xvart, VP, and Parama. They make a hundred posts with two sentences in them. It's a bunch of a noise going back and forth at each other. Posts 190-204 are all made within almost 1 hour of each other. I don't respond well to that, and it's hard for me to keep up with that pace. Jack changes his vote every two seconds, yet I think he makes a good point about Gamma trying to feel out him and xvart in post 190.

Anyways, I should differentiate between acceptable lynches and scum reads. If I had my way, the best lynches would be farside, Gamma, or Jack right now.
Llama 330 wrote:Saying "the lurkers" (although you missed a few, was this intentional?) is also a cop out. Which lurkers are scummier than other lurkers?
What do you mean? The ones that aren't posting. That's the reason they are acceptable lynches, because there's nothing to read.
Llama 330 wrote:What about VP/Parama? Are they neurtal? Town? Just less of scum reads?
Parama is going back and forth on me, but I just don't like either of their posting styles. Yeah, they both are okay town reads for me right now.

---
d3x 334 wrote:OK. I've caught up completely. I doubt many will like the way this post goes down, but I honestly think it'll be the easiest way for me to get into this game.
It's unfortunate you're reduced to this fightcard style post, but this is what happens, I think, when you have players content on submitting a 7 posts with one sentence in it rather than compiling their thoughts into one.

Still, I would really like to hear your thoughts on specific things. This X vs Y thing just ain't doing it for me.

---
farside 348 wrote:Could be that when I see people throwing words out without saying why my scumdar goes in overdrive.
Back this up. What "words" am I throwing out?

---
Phate 350 wrote:In conclusion, right now I think he's being way too brazen about not giving reasons for his suspicions to be scum. Too casual, if that makes any sense. He seems to be a very gut-based player. I'm not used to looking at it that way (looking at posts from the viewpoint of "If I were scum, would I do this?"), but he's consistent enough with it that I'm reasonably convinced that he is. Now I'm going to look through some of his past games at his scum play and see if matches.
I agree with your logic, but I don't like your conclusion. The last game I played with Jack, I thought he played very similarly to the way he's playing now (he was scum). I'm tempted to draw some parallels between this game and PYP2 already, but I would suggest you start there.

Anyways,

##Unvote
##Vote: Jack

This is overdue. I don't agree with Phate that Jack is too gutsy to be scum. He's flying by the seat of his pants, throwing suspicions at everyone and everything, and expecting people to be so dizzy by the time he's through that they can't pinpoint why they've got a bad feeling about him. I think he'll flip scum, but regardless, I really want to see what he flips. No, he's probably not cult, but I don't think he chose town.

---
Gamma 353 wrote:RC-I understand it from the first read, although admittedly I'm biased here from writing it. I misunderstood Jack's question so I stated what I thought the question was at first then re-answered the question. How is trying to clarify a reading error pointless?
Well, my point is everyone (read: You, Jack, Parama, VP, xvart) is talking a lot and saying very little. Moreover, I think Jack had the better of you in that argument anyways. I felt like you were trying to sneak in an xvart push.

---
Ojanen 354 wrote:I still don't get why you sort of settle yourself to vote due to not opposing a lurker lynch because others see something, when apparently xvart, Jack, farside and Gamma have some action that you actually feel is tangibly scummy. Especially when one of the people "obviously seeing something that sticks" is on your scum list.
The way this game is moving is completely throwing my style off-kilter. I'd be absolutely content to be a stalwart with my farside wagon, but you know that won't work, Ojanen. The way this game is moving means that to stay relevant you have to post hurried and post often. Players like VP (xvart), DGB (Phate/Zorblag), and Parama (VP), are setting the score here, like it or not. They have the capacity to log in several times a day and flood the game with consistent pressure to bend the game at their will. So, you know, sure, I can throw out my vote and check back on it later, but it won't amount to much.

What will come of my push on farside? I suspect Llama will say it's weak, farside will make a couple of quick comments, and it will be buried and ignored under a pile of "xvart!" "Jack!" "Gamma!" etc. I'm not happy with that, but that's the name of the game until we start thinning the ranks a bit, hence I'm comfortable with quite a few lynches at the moment, including lynching a lurker who happens to have farside on the wagon.
Ojanen 354 wrote:Why did you choose Phate over xvart, when both had wagons?
I'm not sold on xvart as scum; I just think he's part of the crowd that are trying to make as much noise as possible so they can prove how valuable they are to the town. I won't cry if he's lynched, no way. There are only a handful of people that I think are genuinely contributing (not just posting as much as they can), and they are who I wouldn't want to see lynched today.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:25 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

LlamaFluff wrote:RC because im almost at the point where im ready to lynch him. Depending on how a couple things go that point may be as early as tomorrow.
RC is town. That's my read. On the other hand, I'm smelling Greyhound exhaust. I wonder where it comes from.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:29 am

Ellibereth wrote:LA until the 10th or 11th.
Right now I think that out of the 3 major wagons Phate and xvart are town. The latter wouldn't have been so stupidly stubborn on the whole QT shenanigans issue and certain things the former have said felt genuine.

xvart ( 8 ) Ellibereth LLamaFluff ojanen Nicodemus fishythefish charter UncertainKitten VP Baltar
I have a town read on everyone on the xvart wagon EXCEPT for...
##Unvote

##Vote: Fishy
I totally lap up this kind of logic. Plus now I'm satisfied with Phate.

##Unvote

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:19 am

Post by farside22 »

RC wrote:You and Parama can't both be scum, is that what you're saying?
No. I'm asking what is wrong with my case if your voting him.
RC wrote: What's inaccurate is you saying that you had the first vote on Parama, accusing Parama of misleading the town, when that is just not true... at all. You can say it was an honest mistake and your looked over it, but that's an extremely bold statement to make. What makes it worse is you didn't even bother to go back and check whether it was true.
yeah it was wrong. Why is it scummy? As scum I'm more careful your counter point? Where did I say he mislead the town? Again I thought I have the first valid case on him in my view with a serious vote.
I meant to say I get you see Jack/xvart as better than Phate, but I didn't see how Phate leapfrogged in front of everyone else.
Phate looks scummy and sliding by scum in a game like this will go unnoticed. I'm still unimpressed with Phate and him just talking about one player isn't enough in my view. He's scum

Back this up. What "words" am I throwing out?
rc wrote:Apparently it's becoming a bit of a pattern here, as now you're trying to frame Parama with inaccurate information.
No proof with accusation
rc wrote:I don't like how Parama caught you and it looks like you are trying to back away from that
same

Anything I had to ask you about I call that throwing out words without following it with proof of accusation. I see scum do that often.
I can buy you saying that Jack/xvart seem town to you, but it's still kind of awkward.
Can I call you a hypocrite for not reading since you are saying I found xvart town when I never did or lazy?
I don't really get what separates Phate from the others, especially to the degree that DGB and farside see it. They both strike me as though they see something that obviously sticks out. I don't, but I'm not opposed to a lurker lynch, especially on D1.
So you will jump on a bw you don't understand? Does this sound like a town thing to do? No
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:58 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

charter ( 0 )
Cobalt ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 2 ) Ellibereth DrippingGoofball
Gammagooey ( 1 ) Jack
imaginality ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) Gammagooey d3x RedCoyote
Jazzmyn ( 0 )
LLamaFluff ( 0 )
Nicodemus ( 1 ) Debonair Danny DiPietro
ojanen ( 0 )
Parama ( 1 ) xvart
phate ( 5 ) farside22 VP Baltar Zorblag Shotty to the Body imaginality
popsofctown ( 1 ) Parama
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
VP Baltar ( 2 ) phate charter
xvart ( 5 ) LLamaFluff ojanen Nicodemus fishythefish UncertainKitten
Zorblag ( 1 ) Cobalt
Not Voting ( 2 ) Jazzmyn popsofctown
Total Votes ( 24 )

Deadline: May 18th at 11:00 EDT
With 24 able to vote, 13 needed to lynch.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 am

Post by charter »

RC wrote:Do you agree with DGB, charter?
No, I'd lynch DGB too.
Fishy wrote:Anything in my play you’d like me to explain or comment on, charter?
You and Balter's tag teaming of Parama. Very weak case. My spidey sense also tingles with how you two have avoided commenting on each other completely, except when Jack says "fishy may be scum" Balter is right there with a "Um...ok, where did that come from?", but I think that happened after I made my post. But still, quite suspicious. It was mostly a declaration of once Balter flips scum, you're the first to go.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Parama »

Mod: I'm still voting for VP Baltar. I haven't changed my vote since like page 3.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:01 am

Post by d3x »

Parama wrote:I am definitely not voting for pops, mod.
...weird. This reaction just feels a little strong, imo.
farside wrote:d3x little blank vs blank doesn't make me feel all shiny on him. It says very little and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Is there any specific thing you don't like, or is it just the format? I agree that it's not optimal, but with so much happening in the game so fast, that post would've been freaking huge to fully flesh out. I'm more than willing to answer any question and give more in depth analysis of the individual 'fights'. Just please don't ask for them all at once or UK will shoot me in the face. :)
Ellibereth wrote:I have a town read on everyone on the xvart wagon EXCEPT for...
##Unvote
What read do you have on him? Not having a Town read does not equal having a Scum read.
I mostly ask because you haven't mentioned him before.

@Phate- I'm agreeing with RC here. The points are good, but the conclusion should be the other way. I don't get how your points equal Town.
RC wrote:Still, I would really like to hear your thoughts on specific things. This X vs Y thing just ain't doing it for me.
Like I said, just ask and I'm more than happy to go more in depth.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Parama »

d3x wrote:
Parama wrote:I am definitely not voting for pops, mod.
...weird. This reaction just feels a little strong, imo.
Or the fact that the mod messed up the vote count and put me as voting for someone who I haven't even mentioned yet <_<
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Jack »

Did RC just post a giant quote wall in which he complained about short posts creating too much noise? Yes. At least he sees gamma as scummy.

What would you say if I told you Gamma majorly scumslipped in our neighbor qt?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Parama »

If you're allowed quote what he said, go for it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Jack wrote:What would you say if I told you Gamma majorly scumslipped in our neighbor qt?
Explain please.

Also, I was wondering if there were neighbors/masons in this setup. I may need to do some reconsidering of some things.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:48 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

##Unvote
##Vote: Popsofctown

Fine, if people aren't going to help me lynch Nicodemus then let's try this one because his play is ridiculously scummy as well and maybe it'll actually catch on.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Phate »

RedCoyote wrote:I prefer mafia, but I chose town because I figured too many people would choose mafia.
Now this is WIFOM waiting to happen. "If I were scum, would I say I prefer scum?"
RedCoyote wrote:
Parama wrote:Meta is the playing style - how I scumhunt.
Personality is how my posts sound when spoken aloud.
I don't think I like this. I, for one, liked your opening posts. I don't care for all of this though, you know, all of this noise. You sound like you're kind of getting paranoid. I don't even get why you're making this argument other than to split hairs. This is over-the-top defensive. I don't like your spat with VP, and I think it's all just noise. I can't stand it when players think they have to make a bunch of noise.
Accusation of being 'over-the-top defensive'. Can't believe I missed this in my first readthrough.

Code: Select all

1.) Attack a player.
2a.) If they don't defend themselves, they're scummy.
2b.) If they do, they're overdefensive and thus scummy.
3.) ???
4.) Profit!

RedCoyote wrote:I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to play the one sentence post game with Jack, Parama, VP, and xvart. I just don't have that kind of devotion. I propose we lynch them all, what do you say?

Do Lynch: farside, Jack, VP, xvart, Parama, Cobalt, and every non-poster can be thrown in here until they decide to join us (half of them are scum anyways)
Don't Lynch: Zorblag, DGB, Fishy, imaginality, Ojanen, UK
This is in his
first post
, which was on
Page 6
RedCoyote wrote:
imaginality wrote:You give a 'do lynch/don't lynch' list after saying "I'll tell you right now that I'm not going to play the one sentence post game with Jack, Parama, VP, and xvart. I just don't have that kind of devotion. I propose we lynch them all, what do you say?" To clarify, is that list a semi-tongue-in-cheek "lynch these people cos I don't like their posting style" list, or an actual list of scum v town reads?
It really isn't tongue-in-cheek. On a good day I don't usually have but enough time to check the website once, maybe twice. On a bad day (or week, as in, university finals week), I simply don't have the time to comb over the "no u" arguments. I'm just making it clear that I wouldn't mind if we cut out a bunch of noise by cutting out those that feel it necessary to have a post count of 50 by the end of the first real-time week of the game.
He's seriously advocating (he definitely stated there that it wasn't tongue-in-cheek) lynching a bunch of people purely because he doesn't like their posting style. You didn't miss any "Hey Parama, will you stop posting one-liners?" Nope, just "we should lynch these people." Scummier than that is the fact that he actually hasn't done any scumhunting by this point (this is his
second post
, on
Page 13
). He literally still has his random vote on farside.
RedCoyote wrote:
farside22 wrote:Phate 216 feels scummy. I don't like the single question that add nothing to the game post.
I'm on the fence with Elli
Seriously 2 post from Phate that say next to nothing and a very minor (one line) case against VP. Either bussing or bw vote either way Phate gives me scum vibes
This seems kind of like a cop out to me. I mean, I'm one to talk, as I'm the only one voting you, but do you plan to push Phate's wagon, farside, or are you just throwing something out there?
What the hell? She voted me. How is that a cop-out? What do you expect her to do, dayvig me?
RedCoyote wrote:
farside22 wrote:I'm going with my gut read of phate based on how little he has said this game (meta) right now.
Note from Phate: I'm actually going to address this since it's a fairly decent point and farside22 reads town to me. My response is at the end of the post.
This just seems misguided to me. I don't like how Parama caught you and it looks like you are trying to back away from that. I can buy you saying that Jack/xvart seem town to you, but it's still kind of awkward. I guess if Phate was the only one lurking it would make a little more sense, but why Phate over someone of the other lurkers?
Note: He's referring to the following post where Parama "caught" farside22.
Parama wrote:
xvart wrote:
##Vote: Parama
Jack wrote:
##unvote
##vote: Parama
farside22 wrote:
##unvote
##vote: Parama
Tempted to LaL @ farside.
I'm not sure how that post proves anything at all, and I definitely don't see farside's mevote as "uh-oh, Parama caught me, I'll try to back away by voting a lurker for no real reason." Besides, farside gave a reason (her opinion of my town meta involves more postage) as to why me over some of the other lurkers. I would bet money that RC didn't even do a quick search to see whether she and I had ever played together to get an idea of what she was talking about. This seems like a bullshit "accuse someone to look like I'm participating" post to me. Of course, those posts can come from town, but I'm okay with an RClynch at this point.

The rest of the farside/RC argument is still going, and most of my thoughts on it mirror my thoughts in the above paragraph, so I'll let farside defend herself.
RedCoyote wrote:This is overdue. I don't agree with Phate that Jack is too gutsy to be scum. He's flying by the seat of his pants,
throwing suspicions at everyone and everything, and expecting people to be so dizzy by the time he's through that they can't pinpoint why they've got a bad feeling about him.
I think he'll flip scum, but regardless, I really want to see what he flips. No, he's probably not cult, but I don't think he chose town.
What? How the hell does that make sense? You think he's making a whole bunch of scummy plays hoping that people won't be able to notice his scummy plays?

Vote: RedCoyote

RC is a good lynch today.

----

tl;dr version

1) Lurking while advocating lurkerlynches
2) Advocates lynches based purely on playstyle (ie, policy lynches) on multiple players
instead of scumhunting

3) Didn't start scumhunting until people started noticing he was coasting through the game.
4) Now that he is scumhunting, all of his accusations strike me as fake "do it for the look of it" accusations.
5) Accused someone of being "over-the-top defensive" early on.

----

This graph is for farside22. She seems to think I have a town meta of posting a lot. She's basing this meta on an ongoing game. The difference she doesn't see is that I post a lot more in games I'm interested in. This graph is of a completed game that she and I played together in (I was town and she was scum), and it illustrates that when I'm not interested in a game my posts consist mostly of one-liners, and not very often at that. She used that herself ingame in a comment about how I was "laying low".

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:20 am

Post by d3x »

If you're allowed quote what he said, go for it.
I wouldn't recommend 'going for it' without asking the Mod permission first. The Rules don't specifically say that you can't quote a QT, but better safe than ModKilled.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Cool, phate is also town.

The following should be lynched sometime soon: xvart, RC, d3x and pops. Gamma may be added to this list dependingon what jack has to say.

@d3x - Can I get your top few scum reads with reasoning?
@RC - What are the timelines of your farside and Parama suspicions? Are the Jack/Gamma suspicions mostly signal to noise things? You seem to continually fall back to things like that about them.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 am

Post by xvart »

LlamaFluff wrote:So ordering was scummy?
In this instance, the way it reads to me, it is scummy. I've explained it at least a couple of times now.
LlamaFluff wrote:So ordering was scummy?

[quote="LlamaFluff]Good, so you are going to join the DGB and Eli are town camp I guess?
Not necessarily, after I realized my mistake, they went back to neutral. The way I play, everyone is scummy until proven otherwise, so I'm not going to pop them up into obvtown. I'm leaning slightly town with Elli and undecided on DGB.
Zorblag wrote:@Debonair Danny DiPietro, there were a couple reasons that I went with Phate as the lurker that was the most appealing to see if there was interest in lynching.
Troll -
Based on the wagon that formed, I would say there was interest. What do you think about everyone that switched over to Fate, especially considering that there are more scummy lurkers?
d3x wrote:OK. I've caught up completely. I doubt many will like the way this post goes down, but I honestly think it'll be the easiest way for me to get into this game.
d3x
- can you explain your face off system to me? What is the person vs. person? Are these just simply arguments/discussions/etc. or town vs scum reads? What does "winning" mean? What does "winning" say about each person's alignment?
popsofctown wrote:prod dodge

yes you guys wallpost that's why i'm afraid to catch up.

Wait, is zoraster modding this one? Is he a content nazi on prod dodges?

Um. Cawntent. Post 333 is scummy. Weird hanging prepositions all over the place. Clearly he's too stressed by the manipulation his role requires to use grammar properly.
Another prod dodge (2 out of 3 posts) and one scummy observation. More votes please.
Jack wrote:What would you say if I told you Gamma majorly scumslipped in our neighbor qt?
[/quote]I'm sure you can explain without quoting it?

Mod - I changed my vote to popsofctown in post 296.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Parama »

d3x wrote:
If you're allowed quote what he said
, go for it.
I wouldn't recommend 'going for it' without asking the Mod permission first. The Rules don't specifically say that you can't quote a QT, but better safe than ModKilled.
bolded part implies having mod permission <_<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:54 am

Phate wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:I prefer mafia, but I chose town because I figured too many people would choose mafia.
Now this is WIFOM waiting to happen. "If I were scum, would I say I prefer scum?"
I totally agree with this bit - the second I saw this line I made a mental note that I ought to watch this guy. 'Til I was overcome by a sentiment of really bad and completely ineffective town play.

That colored graph was 6 shades of AWESOME.

<3 that DDD pops vote. Love it. I wish I had multiple votes. So many targets.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:00 am

I wee'd in my pants a little from the anticipation.

SPILL IT ALREADY

I am standing by with my ONE vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”