MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Dizzle wrote:Also, ML, what about Ythan's comment makes you believe his jailkeeper claim?
Ythan wrote:Blown up v shot. Anyone care about flavor? Might just be the new mod unaware of some flavor convention Konowa had planned for the game.
Really reads to me like someone trying to figure out whether or not he prevented a death N2, either by protection or roleblock.
Ythan wrote:
MacavityLock wrote:Why jail SC last night?
Didn't want to jail the same person twice in a row if nothing happened the first time.
I get the "why not RB me again" part, but why SC specifically?
xvart wrote:I'm less concerned with the abbreviation than the actual "quick wagon" comment. Only scum "quick wagon" to my knowledge. And as you noted, you were not a part of it.
Scum do X, Dizzle did not-X, therefore Dizzle is scummy? I don't get it.
xvart wrote:We are in great position now. When we lynch Dizzlescum then we either win or can be in a better position to prove/analyze the jailkeep situation.
I don't see why you're even considering an outcome of "win" right now.
StrangerCoug wrote:Assuming that all the power roles in the game are the ones we know about, two goons vs. a watcher, a jailkeeper, and eight vanillas is horrendously imbalanced toward town.
Why assume 2 goons?
Ythan wrote:My experience with Neto as a player is not extensive but his play in this game definitely has surprised me. Then again, I haven't seen him active recently.
Yeah, this.
Ythan wrote:Who wants whom.
Give me a day or two. I'm in the weeds right now and need a re-read.

Also, any reason you didn't include yourself on the list?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by Ythan »

Unless it's a matter of suspicion I'd rather not explain how I chose and might continue to choose my target. Regarding not including myself in the list, I already know who I want.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:35 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Ythan wrote:Unless it's a matter of suspicion I'd rather not explain how I chose and might continue to choose my target.
OK, makes sense.
Ythan wrote:Regarding not including myself in the list, I already know who I want.
So that list is for your edification only?
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

MacavityLock wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Assuming that all the power roles in the game are the ones we know about, two goons vs. a watcher, a jailkeeper, and eight vanillas is horrendously imbalanced toward town.
Why assume 2 goons?
xvart said that lynching Dizzle could potentially win us the game right now. I'm explaining to him why that doesn't make sense. (I realize that I forgot we had a miller, but my point still holds with two goons, a watcher, a jailkeeper, a miller, and seven vanilla townies, albeit slightly less so.)
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by MacavityLock »

I get that, but why assume a 2nd goon as opposed to some scum power role?
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 am

Post by Ythan »

Sure is. Not that it isn't information someone else might want.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 8:44 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Just for the sake of argument. If there are only two Mafiosi, then either the one alive has a very powerful role or there is an SK.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Amished »

Prodding Netopalis
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Dizzle »

xvart
- Immediate flip on DC, following his top suspect's lead by voting Chevre out of nowhere, strangely weak case on myself.

Netopalis
- Worst lurker out there, basically just an inactive at this point.

StrangerCoug
- Not sure why, but things just seem off with SC. I'm feeling a little lazy right now, but I'll do a re-read and see if I can pinpoint my gut suspicion of SC.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Ythan »

Neto's not a lurker, he's clearly a flake.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, I just haven't been here. Post incoming within the hour...

If you want a good justification, it's here:

http://law.mercer.edu/administrative/re ... _sp_10.pdf

I took every exam in the 2 PM slot, and each is 3-4 hours long. And yes, we take the entire time. So, I've been a bit busy. My apologies about that. Anyway, it's over now, so expect some content.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Ythan »

Mercer.

Hi welcome back.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Uh...You're familiar with Mercer?

Anyway.

Alright. The most important information we have at this point is found within the nightkills and lynches. I'm going to attempt to use a new theory that I've been developing about analyzing nightkills. Basically, as I see it, there are only a limited number of reasons for night kills:

1) Because that player suspected the mafia
2) Because that player is a good player who would be an endgame threat
3) Because it was thought that the player had a power role
4) Because killing off a particular person would lessen suspicion on the Mafia
5) WIFOM

Of course, this analysis isn't perfect, but it is somewhat useful. I'm going to start from the view that the nightkill is not pure WIFOM, as I don't know anybody that actually does that on purpose. The two nightkills were Ophanim and Dramonic, which eliminates the power role possibility. Therefore, those players suspected the mafia, suspected someone else that the mafia wanted pressure on or were probable endgame threats. I think that Dramonic likely fits more in the endgame threat category, as he's one of the stronger players here. Therefore, let's look at who Ophanim suspected.

Ophanim was rarely present. When he was present, he mostly suspected DiamondCrash. One point of interest is that he did attack MacavityLock and Dizzle, albeit lightly. I don't believe that either of them were attacked that often by that point in the game. Thus, the scum could have thought that Ophanim would likely go after them on D2, but that his comments would likely go unnoticed if they went ahead and killed him off.

Now, let's look at the lynches: DiamondCrash, Chevre and Lukepukeduke. The wagons:
Konowa wrote:
Vote Count 1.6

Sidekick (3): MacavityLock, Cyberbob, Dizzle
DiamondCrash (7): StrangerCoug, Chevre, Apayah, dramonic, Sidekick, Ophanim, xvart

Not Voting (2): Netopalis, DiamondCrash

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is April 16th, 2PM GMT-4.

Prodding:

V/LA: Chevre 4/6-4/10
Amished wrote:
Chevre (6): MacavityLock, dramonic, Cyberbob, Netopalis, xvart, Ythan

Chevre has been lynched.

He was a
Town Watcher

Night ends 72 hours from right now. Those of you with night actions should PM both me and Konowa (but make sure that I have a copy first and foremost)
Amished wrote:
Lynch vote: lukepukeduke (5): Cyberbob, Ythan, MacavityLock, StrangerCoug, xvart

lukepukeduke, vanilla townie
has been lynched. Submit night actions within the next 72 hours as that's the obvious deadline.

Interestingly enough, MacavityLock has been
off
every lynch of scum, but
on
every lynch of town. In fact, he is the only player with that record.

Also, note this quote:
Dizzle wrote:I know our quick wagon of ML turned out well, but this one feels different to me. luke's ill-advised vote seems more like a noob not sure what to be looking for and I doubt scum would be so willing to wagon another one of their own so early in the game.
I normally don't like going after scumslips, but this one is pretty serious. Our quick wagon of ML? He meant to indicate DiamondCrash. There is no way to make a typo from DC to ML - the keys are on the opposite side of the keyboard. It's true that they are the only two players that are consistently represented by two-letter acronyms...but since both were off of the DC wagon, I think that it's entirely plausible that they are a scumteam.

Now, approaching this from process of elimination:
2) StrangerCoug
3) Ythan Sidekick *
6) Netopalis
9) xvart
10) MacavityLock
11) Dizzle
12) Cyberbob

Obviously, I know that I'm not scum. I also feel that we can believe Ythan's claim.

2) StrangerCoug
9) xvart
10) MacavityLock
11) Dizzle
12) Cyberbob

Xvart and Cyberbob have shown consistently pro-town play throughout the game. Both were among the early attackers on the DC wagon. I think that, at least for today, there's no strong case for lynching them.

2) StrangerCoug
10) MacavityLock
11) Dizzle

I've said that I suspect StrangerCoug several times. For the life of me, I don't know why, really. Since I
do
have a solid reason to suspect Dizzle and MacavityLock, though...I'm going to go ahead and drop him. It's unfair to keep saying that I suspect him when I can't muster up a single shred of evidence against him.

10) MacavityLock
11) Dizzle

I really think that our scumteam is here.
Vote: MacavityLock
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

I'm not familiar with Mercer at all. There's Johnny Mercer but I doubt there's a connection.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:47 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh. No, I don't think so. Although he
is
here right now.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Johnny Mercer is at Mercer?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah. Well, sort of. He was at the Georgia Music Hall of Fame yesterday, which is in Macon, which is where Mercer is located.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Ythan »

Well neat. Anyway.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Netopalis wrote:Ophanim was rarely present. When he was present, he mostly suspected DiamondCrash. One point of interest is that he did attack MacavityLock and Dizzle, albeit lightly. I don't believe that either of them were attacked that often by that point in the game. Thus, the scum could have thought that Ophanim would likely go after them on D2, but that his comments would likely go unnoticed if they went ahead and killed him off.
First of all, rarely present? He averaged over a post a (RL) day. Secondly, if you're really looking at players who Ophanim attacked, how could you possibly ignore SC? Other than DC, SC was clearly the person who Oph had the most interaction/argument with. Also, I would love to see where you think Oph attacked me. The closest I can find is his iso 8, which includes the phrase "Human nature-tell."

Did you actually re-read Oph?
Netopalis wrote:Interestingly enough, MacavityLock has been
off
every lynch of scum, but
on
every lynch of town. In fact, he is the only player with that record.
I'm sorry, that is incorrect. 2 reasons why that's incorrect.
1) While I was not a vote on DC's lynch, I gave my specific approval of it and chose not to hammer. At least 2 other people did the same.
2) Cyberbob was one of those people, and does in fact have the exact same record of off DC's lynch and on both other lynches as I do.

Between these two things, it reads like you had your conclusion already in mind, and tried to find a few data points to back it up. I don't like that at all.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

You're going to make that conclusion after snipping out those two little points, the ones that just happen to concern you?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Neto is demonstrably wrong, both in his read of Oph's interactions and the lynch wagons. Does that not interest you? Why are they "little points"?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Meh. Attacked probably was an overstatement. But you have to admit, he was borderline hostile, at least. He certainly didn't have a lot of positive things to say about ML. And yeah, you're right about the rarely present thing. It was a mistake. My point stands, though.

I'll also give ML that I was wrong about the whole Cyberbob on/off thing. That being said, Cyberbob has been much more pro-town than ML, and I feel that there is a strong connection between ML and Dizzle.

Really, I feel that ML didn't respond to the substance of my arguments. Also, what Ythan said.

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

MacavityLock wrote:Neto is demonstrably wrong, both in his read of Oph's interactions and the lynch wagons. Does that not interest you? Why are they "little points"?
That's not what I said. I'm questioning the conclusion you drew.
Dizzle
Dizzle
Goon
Dizzle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Post by Dizzle »

Netopalis wrote:Also, note this quote:
Dizzle wrote:I know our quick wagon of ML turned out well, but this one feels different to me. luke's ill-advised vote seems more like a noob not sure what to be looking for and I doubt scum would be so willing to wagon another one of their own so early in the game.
I normally don't like going after scumslips, but this one is pretty serious. Our quick wagon of ML? He meant to indicate DiamondCrash. There is no way to make a typo from DC to ML - the keys are on the opposite side of the keyboard. It's true that they are the only two players that are consistently represented by two-letter acronyms...but since both were off of the DC wagon, I think that it's entirely plausible that they are a scumteam.
So this slip is that I got my supposed scummates DC and ML mixed up? If I had said SC, would you be suspecting him too?
Netopalis wrote:Xvart and Cyberbob have shown consistently pro-town play throughout the game. Both were among the early attackers on the DC wagon. I think that, at least for today, there's no strong case for lynching them.
This is just plain false. Cyberbob was all over DC but xvart was calling DC failtown until he switched his vote near the end. Actually, he was the hammer....where are you pulling this shit from?
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Netopalis wrote:Really, I feel that ML didn't respond to the substance of my arguments.
Um, what arguments did I miss? I see 3 reasons that you've voted for me.

1) Ophanim attacked me - I don't particularly read Oph as attacking me at all. Also, Ophanim attacked other players (at least 1 still in the game) far more than me.

2) Wagoning - I stated early that DC was one of my top 2 suspects, I considered him scum in your "failtown v scum" question, and I gave my approval for the lynch. So does the fact that my vote wasn't on him really weigh that much?

For the other 2, I had legitimate suspicions of 2 townies who got lynched by majority. Were my arguments on either of them bad?

3) Dizzle's slip - I have no control over Dizzle, so I can't really respond to this, can I?

What else would you like? Did I miss anything?
Ythan wrote:That's not what I said. I'm questioning the conclusion you drew.
Then, can you explain how he missed Oph's much more antagonistic interaction with SC? How he called Oph "rarely present"? How he missed Cyberbob's identical vote pattern to mine?

Why isn't my conclusion legitimate?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”