Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Post by Glork »

Actually, Socio, I'd like you to explain in a serious, straightforward way why you jumped on "arbitrary" and why you chose to attempt to insult me even after I had pointed out that my use of arbitrary was appropriate.

I want to hear a definitive, constructive, protown reason behind those comments. That's definitely one of the things that, regardless of my misgivings about your playstyle, serves as being distinctly scummy right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

CSL wrote:Sorry.

Vote: UncertainKitten

Bwecause lynching the mod creates chaos.
And chaos is good for town since when?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Tarhalindur wrote:Okay, so I have two big thoughts so far.

1) Snow_Bunny is scum and needs to die. Post 77 is HORRIBLY scummy (doesn't post anything really new, specifically makes a post to say she's not a miller - why would a townie do that? - and her attack on Glork looks craplogic right now). Post 79 is WORSE - and that's not mentioning one other scummy thing I've seen from her that I'd rather not discuss at this time.
Tell, please, what are the other scummy things? I probably haven't given this game the enough time, but what you are pointing out barely makes for a case.

And funny thing, in all games I've played with you (which I believe are only two, including this one ¬_¬), you always have some sort of strange ability that makes you all mysterious to town. Huh.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
CSL wrote:Sorry.

Vote: UncertainKitten

Bwecause lynching the mod creates chaos.
And chaos is good for town since when?
I mean, I want to lynch the mod too, but your reasoning just drew my attention.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:18 am

Post by SocioPath »

Leech wrote:How is a slew of intentionally invalid posts even remotely helpful?
Reactions from those just skimming the game and not paying attention as opposed to those actually taking part.
And perhaps other unstated reasons.
Leech wrote:That series of statements is expressing simultaneous town/scum reads of both players. This just isn't making any sense.
No. I have scum reads on both players, but a stronger read on SC, and if SC is scum tying himself to a town Glork, then he has done a good job of such because I also read Glork as scum.
Glork wrote:
SocioPath wrote:Besides, I can say the exact same thing:
I think you know I'm an enormous threat to scums in any game I play.
Actually, the only games I know of that you've been in were Open Source, which I stopped following as soon as I died; and a certain ongoing. I'm really not impressed by you at all. You evidently think that you're an enormous fucking deal, but from my limited experiences with you, you're a pretty small fish in a very, very large pond. So don't sit here and try to tell
me
what
I
think of you when you have zero credentials and I have read approximately two days' worth of your mafia play.
This is a nice attempt to bait me like how you were accusing me of doing to you.
I'll post my LEET CREDS later in this though, since you are oh-so-curious to get a full read on me and not just talk out of your ass.

Glork wrote: But I certainly didn't recognize that you were intentionally failing to move your vote,
How odd.
It is almost like I was being intentionally obtuse for a reason, instead of just being noise.
Reaction farming is fun.
Still doesn't mean I wasn't reactionary towards you yourself.
Glork wrote:and I don't even bother to understand some of the seemingly-throwaway comments you make, like the whole "arbitrary" thing. As soon as I realized you were trying to make that a distraction, I dropped the subject entirely.
Dropped it...and...
Glork wrote:Actually, Socio, I'd like you to explain in a serious, straightforward way why you jumped on "arbitrary" and why you chose to attempt to insult me even after I had pointed out that my use of arbitrary was appropriate.

I want to hear a definitive, constructive, protown reason behind those comments. That's definitely one of the things that, regardless of my misgivings about your playstyle, serves as being distinctly scummy right now.
...brought it up again.
But sure, I'll explanionatate that fer yous.
Glork wrote:Oh, right. I voted for myself because I didn't feel like arbitrarily voting for somebody else.
By your use of words, placing the word "arbitrarily" before the part where you reference others, you seem to imply that the vote for yourself is not as arbitrary.

There is that, and that it is of my perspective that no vote is truly arbitrary.
People may give an arbitrary REASON for a vote, but the vote itself is certainly not arbitrary, especially those coming from scum.
Every action a player makes in a game can be read.
Including simple votes in the RVS (or AVS).
Glork wrote:
SocioPath wrote:That is quite the non sequitur.
He is the one that mentioned 'doing something stupid' and saying I was 'failing' meaning that there would be methods that wouldn't, as he said, 'fail' at doing such.
Meaning its possible.
Don't have to be "idiotic scum" to screw up as scum.
What you are evidently failing to understand is that "doing something stupid" is largely independent of my alignment. In fact, I probably "do stupid things" as town MORE than I do as scum. Mith metas that a sloppy/careless Glork is a protown Glork. Sometime later, I'll try to see if I can dig up the game in which he said that -- I forget which one it was, and it was probably 2-3 years ago... but I think it continues to apply. All of my remotely memorable scum games have been characterized by me being meticulous and conniving, while there are probably dozens upon dozens of examples of me screwing up in games, because -- and this is a concept that just might make a little too much sense -- I am still extremely human. Sometimes I let myself get carried away. Sometimes (California Trilogy III) I'm just flat-out wrong on every level possible. Sometimes I make a big deal out of the wrong things and make it easy for the scums to lead the town in the wrong direction. So yeah, when I said "do something stupid," I was talking about the fact that I am bound to make mistakes at every level.
That is a nice chunk of name dropping and AtAs.
I guess it would be a good time for my name dropping:

Lets start with Open Source because you just said you didn't even read that one.
In this game, that you so skillfully played by getting killed N1 because you are just oh-so-good at the game, where as I am just a lowly fish, these are some of the events in that game:
I made a massive case on one of the scum. Then NK'd him.
I made a massive case on the second of the scum. Then had him lynched.
Then NK'd the last scum, thereby winning as SK.
Just to be clear, the last day started with the following still alive in game:
2 Mafia, 1 Town, 1 SK.
But I guess that wasn't skill, it was just luck, all the way thru.

Well lets jump to my most recent completed game of Morning People Mafia.
Where I replaced in, and made a scum list that was of, and only of, all the non-town factions in the game(Mafia+SK).
Even tying together the 2 scum buddies.
But oh, those 2 were obvious scum you might say, that doesn't take skill you might say, well thats why I focused on the SK, who was under little suspicion.
I also called a 2 man scum team as opposed to the 3 that people were looking for.
I was then NK'd because I was assumed to be a power role because of my accuracy of the scum team, and the SK won the game because my voice was then unheard.

Then let us move to FABLES Mafia.
I was the mafia GF.
I was under little-to-no suspicion.
Then it was found out that the game was played before with essentially the exact same roles, one of which was a neighbor of the mafia GF, thereby outing me.
Well even as being outed, I wasn't lynched that day, and managed to not tie anyone to me, while guiding everything at night orchestrating plans and actions including figuring out which roles were which, which allowed for a very specific role-related global role block.
Then with me gone, being lynched the next day, the other 2 scum managed to win without taking another loss.
Despite every role being public.
But I guess you could say I was useless and that it was my buddies that carried me.

Then lets go to another game that UK modded, as she loves to reference this one, as she was a mod there too, and saw it from a knowing-all-roles-already perspective:TTGL Mafia
In this game I was a double voter with a post restriction in which I had to vote a different person in every post.
Towards the middle of the day, I was rapidy switching my vote between the 2 most powerful scum roles after calling them out on buddying and distancing.
I was then daykilled. By scum. Because they both were scum.
But I guess I was playing pretty poorly to get the scum to waste their daykill on me.

Here is a game where I lost as an SK because I suck so badly:Dexter Mafia
Because I got lynched in LYLO because of a mod error where the cop confirmed a player that they were not supposed to get results on.
So that game was lost obviously because I am terrible, and because of a situation beyond my control, and I am a sad person because I can't take the responcibility for the loss as a result of my own poor playing.

Oh, all these are minigames, those don't show any real skill, and are invalid because it doesn't show a wide range of things that aren't flukes.
Well then, here is some Large Theme:Black Fang
I outed scum and doesn't afraid of anything.
My suicidal double daykilling role helped confirm town, out scum, after I killed scum with my ability, town won shortly after.
But I guess with 2 shots it was statistically likely to hit scum anyways, so thats nothing special, and the last scum alive saying I was the best town player and a threat means nothing as well because other peoples' opinions don't matter.

And if you want a game where I DID play poorly:Read Your Role Mafia
I WAS pretty bad, and died as scum in LYLO.
But that didn't stop me from calling out the entire other scum team and how to kill them on the short D2, and knowing such since D1.

Now this isn't even close to all of my games, or even all the ones I played well in, but I figured I've bored you enough with a bunch of poor-playing crap that you'll never read anyways.
It's the thought that counts though I guess.

Now you can read through all those before you continue your holier-than-though tirade of yours, Mr. Oh-So-Pro-With-Title-And-All.
Your dismissiveness is childish, you don't need to get butthurt when you feel your authority is threatened.
Glork wrote:In fact, I'll even admit that you've gotten under my skin just a little bit in this game, and I'm trying really hard to not let that skew my scumdar unfairly against you, but you're doing a damned good job of convincing me that you're scum in spite of that.
O RLY?
This part says I wasn't:
Glork wrote:if that's the case he's mostly failing miserably.
The "mostly" qualifier is negated by the "failing miserably" implying that my "trolling" was failing.
But now you say it is not.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Glork »

SocioPath wrote:
Glork wrote:and I don't even bother to understand some of the seemingly-throwaway comments you make, like the whole "arbitrary" thing. As soon as I realized you were trying to make that a distraction, I dropped the subject entirely.
Dropped it...and...
Glork wrote:Actually, Socio, I'd like you to explain in a serious, straightforward way why you jumped on "arbitrary" and why you chose to attempt to insult me even after I had pointed out that my use of arbitrary was appropriate.

...brought it up again.
But sure, I'll explanionatate that fer yous.
Glork wrote:Oh, right. I voted for myself because I didn't feel like arbitrarily voting for somebody else.
By your use of words, placing the word "arbitrarily" before the part where you reference others, you seem to imply that the vote for yourself is not as arbitrary.
Different points entirely. Does "was Glork's vote for himself arbitrary" in any way help you in scumhunting? I still think you were arguing for the sake of arguing, which is :nothelpful:
I wasn't going to continue with "my use of the word was correct." "No it wasn't!" "Yes it was!" "You're dumb!" "No you're dumb" because that helps nobody.
But in bringing it up again, I'm actively trying to see if you have protown motivations for the posts you make, which is a worthwhile and completely different approach to the topic at hand.
SocioPath wrote:
Glork wrote:In fact, I'll even admit that you've gotten under my skin just a little bit in this game, and I'm trying really hard to not let that skew my scumdar unfairly against you, but you're doing a damned good job of convincing me that you're scum in spite of that.
O RLY?
This part says I wasn't:
Glork wrote:if that's the case he's mostly failing miserably.
The "mostly" qualifier is negated by the "failing miserably" implying that my "trolling" was failing.
But now you say it is not.
I left myself a day to stew on it and my opinion of your trollishness changed. Not much else to say. Early on it didn't bother me, but after reading over it again, I still didn't see a protown motivation, and then it did end up bothering me. Both of those posts were consistent with my sentiments when they were made.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:34 am

Post by Glork »

By the way, my vote for myself was completely arbitrary. I won't deny that. I guess that post should have read "I put an arbitrary vote on myself because I didn't feel like putting an arbitrary vote on someone else." I still don't see how that helps you in any way determine my alignment, though.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Glork »

Also:
SocioPath wrote:That is a nice chunk of name dropping and AtAs.
I guess it would be a good time for my name dropping:
Fantastic misrepresentation here.

Mentioning mith's meta against me is apparently "a nice chunk of name-dropping." Referencing my own meta as scum is apparently Appeal to Authority. Misrep and misrep.

Your response also fails to address the actual point at hand, which is: You're accusing me of saying that "Glork does something stupid" implies "Glork would have to be scum to do something stupid," when that is completely and utterly inaccurate.

My vote won't be moving off of Socio until he's dead. Between the mostly nonsesnsical attacks, misrepresentation, general unwillingness to answer my questions directly, it seems to me that he's relying primarily on rhetoric to generate anti-Glork sentiment, and it really makes me doubt the sincerity of his attitude towards my alignment.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:41 am

Post by SocioPath »

Glork wrote:I still don't see how that helps you in any way determine my alignment, though.
There is a method to my madness.

Not understanding something doesn't automatically make that something wrong.

Unless you are trying to turn this into a debate of differing playstyles, which I don't see how that would help determine anyones alignment.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:44 am

Post by SocioPath »

Wow Glork, can you really not see how full of yourself you are being when regarding and responding to me?

Try to keep your ego in check, and it will help make you a better player.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:45 am

Post by Glork »

SocioPath wrote:
Glork wrote:I still don't see how that helps you in any way determine my alignment, though.

Socio, I understand "method behind one's madness." That's been my own modus operandi in certain games for years. And you're right in that I don't understand it. But that's why I'm asking you to explain the method, because
I want to judge for myself whether this alleged method has protown intentions
... and when I do, you just try to spin it into something else implying glorkscum, which does NOT give me protown vibes. I'm not sure I can make that any clearer. I am very earnestly trying to understand why you do what you do because if you can convince me that it is protown, I'd be more than happy to look for scums elsewhere. But you make ZERO effort to do so.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Glork »

SocioPath wrote:Wow Glork, can you really not see how full of yourself you are being when regarding and responding to me?

Try to keep your ego in check, and it will help make you a better player.
I am quite the pompous ass.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:49 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SocioPath is not living to see tomorrow if I have a say.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP:
Glork wrote:
SocioPath wrote:

Socio, I understand "method behind one's madness." That's been my own modus operandi in certain games for years. And you're right in that I don't understand
it
your claimed method in this game (or possibly in general)
. But that's why I'm asking you to explain the method, because
... and when I do, you just try to spin it into something else implying glorkscum, which does NOT give me protown vibes. I'm not sure I can make that any clearer. I am very earnestly trying to understand why you do what you do because if you can convince me that it is protown, I'd be more than happy to look for scums elsewhere. But you make ZERO effort to do so.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 am

Post by SocioPath »

Glork wrote:Socio, I understand "method behind one's madness." That's been my own modus operandi in certain games for years. And you're right in that I don't understand it. But that's why I'm asking you to explain the method, because
Please just read at least some of the linked games then.
Yes it is an appeal to past authority, much like you, but it helps prove that my intentionally obtuse methods tend to work with amazing accuracy.

I hardly call finding a good chuck of games, and linking to them, and giving a brief overview of them "ZERO effort".

Explaining how I work is like explaining how gut feelings work, its not gut though, its understanding people on a deeper level.

That OS Mafia has some that I've described.

In fact, in most of my games I explain good chunks of how I work.
With enough reading, everything should be clear(ISH).
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Glork »

SocioPath wrote:
Glork wrote:Socio, I understand "method behind one's madness." That's been my own modus operandi in certain games for years. And you're right in that I don't understand it. But that's why I'm asking you to explain the method, because
Please just read at least some of the linked games then.
Yes it is an appeal to past authority, much like you, but it helps prove that my intentionally obtuse methods tend to work with amazing accuracy.

I hardly call finding a good chuck of games, and linking to them, and giving a brief overview of them "ZERO effort".

Explaining how I work is like explaining how gut feelings work, its not gut though, its understanding people on a deeper level.

That OS Mafia has some that I've described.

In fact, in most of my games I explain good chunks of how I work.
With enough reading, everything should be clear(ISH).
Fair enough. I will commit myself to reading through some of those games in the next few days.
Unvote
for now
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 9:52 am

Post by SocioPath »

StrangerCoug wrote:SocioPath is not living to see tomorrow if I have a say.
Quiet, scum.
Don't think you are not still #1.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

SocioPath wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:SocioPath is not living to see tomorrow if I have a say.
Quiet, scum.
Don't think you are not still #1.
Other than the baseless Glork attack that you seem to have picked up from me, I haven't done too many scummy things. You, on the other hand, are giving Glork a holier-than-thou attitude that is helping nobody.

You also just committed the same crime against me that I regret committing against Glork: calling being super-confident about scum scummy.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I have to say that SP was a total sweetheart in Fables mafia. SP+DGB = <3scumfriends4evar<3

On the other hand, the list of SPexploits doesn't appear to have much to do with this game, even if Glork kinda baited it.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Post by SocioPath »

StrangerCoug wrote:Other than the baseless Glork attack that you seem to have picked up from me, I haven't done too many scummy things. You, on the other hand, are giving Glork a holier-than-thou attitude that is helping nobody.
This is awesome.
And should be framed.
StrangerCoug wrote:You also just committed the same crime against me that I regret committing against Glork: calling being super-confident about scum scummy.
I've done no such thing.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Glork »

So far I've only taken a cursory glance at OS Mafia.

But right now, I kind of want to go lurkerhunting. *IF* SP and I are both town, then scums are almost certainly sitting on their thumbs hoping we implode and get each other killed. Obvious observation may be obvious, but it still warrants vocalization.

Tar and CSL have V/LA I think. I don't think anyone else is in prod range, though I'll check
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:18 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

I'm saving the votecount for next page since I came home so late into this one last night. The amount of prods I just had to do is unacceptable. Both from the players and the fact that I as a mod had people going as far as SIX DAYS unprodded.

This performance will not be repeated, and I'll be doing a prod check every day sometime in the afternoon from now on. You might get away with slightly more than 48 hours, but never 72.

That said,
farside, bv, CSL, Kairyuu, and Slicey
have ALL been prodded and need to post in this game in the next 48 hours. CSL did NOT declare V/LA, as I thought he had. Hell, I forgot Slicey was playing the game...
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:47 am

Post by farside22 »

Objects to receiving a prod on Mother's day.

Will respond with more on Monday

Happy Mother's day. The prod was your present :P
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Iecerint »

Slicey's in this game? Neat. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Kairyuu »

/prodded

Sorry, I've been hellishly busy what with coming back home and Mother's Day preparations, etc. I can probably post content in all of my games tonight.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”