al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:10 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, so I already understand the whole, don't claim, even if you're lying, thing. But to clarify, if you're scum you can lie and claim all you want? Or are you just saying that as a joke to get them modkilled? Either way it'll be sure to get them killed tho. Also I was willing to vote Electra as one of the lurkers, however being how she was replaced, like everybody else I see it as a bad idea. I'm still reading more of the thread, but I read about the first 5 and last 5 pages so far. So I'm not too far in the dark, just pretty close. Fritz sounded kind of scummy, and from what I understand, Pooky sounds basically confirmed pro town right? I'll try to review more of the thread to get more of an idea on all of this. But this is what I have for now.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:14 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

No, I was saying that as a joke in case any scum believed me and got themselves modkilled. I believe Page 1 says you cannot claim either truely or falsely. It would be DOOM in either case, like you say.

Pooky's reported investigations have been dead-accurate (so to speak) so far, yes. Most of us seem to be working under the assumption that that makes him confirmed, and probably as protected as he can get (though without roles being revealed on death, it's hard to say who/if our Doctors are).

Going back *too* far will just make your head hurt, due to all the replacement and time gaps... but we appreciate the effort. Really. Any questions/insights, fire away.

Flay, who replaced in on Day Two
Retired as of October 2014.
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:10 pm

Post by darquiel »

Okay. Just got in. It seems the one whom I have replaced was not the brightest bulb in the pack with some of her moves. Either way Im gonna sit down and read up on this mafia as well as London and catch up tonight.

Looks like Darq is pullin an all nighter. BBIAB with insite and hopefully reasoning for some of the things done by the person before me. Though I dont get it either.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:19 pm

Post by Fritzler »

al_kohaulec wrote:Fritz sounded kind of scummy
When do I ever not sound scummy?

And
vote: darq
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, as for reading over the beginning, like you said, I know it's too much with all the players and replacements and such, so I was mostly reading it for flavor, and not really paying attention to who said what. (Other than the fact that Electra did look pretty scummy in the beginning.) But ya, it was mostly just for flavor. But as far as info goes, how far back would you reccommend that I go to get enough info.? I went as far back as I think 38 or 39, but I think I should go back more to get real info on stuff.

And one last question, is there anybody else who is basically "confirmed" as not scum, and if so, how?
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:53 pm

Post by darquiel »

why on earth are you voting for me?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:26 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Cuz I feel like.

And alko, you're acting pretty suspicous, IMO Pooky, Fuldu2, Darklight, and Blackberry are cleared. Most people would agree Pooky Fuldu and Darklight are cleared. Do you need to figure out who to kill tonight?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:46 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Fritzler wrote:Cuz I feel like.

And alko, you're acting pretty suspicous, IMO Pooky, Fuldu2, Darklight, and Blackberry are cleared. Most people would agree Pooky Fuldu and Darklight are cleared. Do you need to figure out who to kill tonight?
WTF?!?! How is asking for who's basically cleared suspicious? I came in as a replacement and don't know everything that's going on. If I was a replacement in a game and there was a confirmed cop out there. I wouldn't want to end up voting for him because I didn't know he was basically confirmed. I'm asking this so that I know who not to try to lynch. I would like to know why they are 'cleared' so that I can evaluate whether or not I agree with that, but IMO, this post here is very scummy. I assumed that only Pooky was the confirmed one, and everybody else was unkown.

Anyways, the two people I'm really looking at for voting is you and Darquiel, I havne't decided yet which I'd prefer. Of course I still need to do some reviewing before I decide, and I still don't have much on anybody other than you two and Pooky, so I really need to review some of this.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:28 pm

Post by esme »

Darklight + Fuldu 2 (Doomcow) claimed mason with a third person who turned up as dog, so they are THEM.
Blackberry + Fritzler claimed mason with each other, possibly God and Metatron.
Pooky cop with the following results:
N1: dead innocent
N2: mith guilty, takes back as vibes [we still don't know whether mith was guilty]
N3: Peachy guilty [true, horseperson]
N4: Roland good [true]
N5: Forgot to send in a target
N6: Thoth declared innocent after Thoth is modkilled [strange choice, trivially true]
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

al_kohaulec wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Cuz I feel like.

WTF?!?! How is asking for who's basically cleared suspicious? I came in as a replacement and don't know everything that's going on. If I was a replacement in a game and there was a confirmed cop out there. I wouldn't want to end up voting for him because I didn't know he was basically confirmed. I'm asking this so that I know who not to try to lynch. I would like to know why they are 'cleared' so that I can evaluate whether or not I agree with that, but IMO, this post here is very scummy. I assumed that only Pooky was the confirmed one, and everybody else was unkown.
Agreed. I continue to be shocked and awed at the scumminess of Fritzler's posts, and can only assume that he's off his meds (maybe even a role restriction), if he's actually a mason.

Prepared to support a lynch on Fritzler or Darquielectra today, though several lesser people from my earlier list aren't looking much better... but there's no momentum there.
Retired as of October 2014.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:30 am

Post by Fritzler »

No restriction (other than the obvious claiming thing). I am off my meds, but I've been off ritalin/concerta for quite a while now.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:54 am

Post by Fuldu »

The problem with a Fritzler (or Blackberry) lynch is that they are pretty likely to be who they're presumed to be and even lynching them isn't going to tell us whether they're good or bad. I'm still suspicious of them, but I don't see any value to lynching them at this point. The only good that could come of it is if they're Other Horsemen, which would tell us that the OHs are scum (since they didn't say they were a mason with mith) and give us two good lynches. Or if they're a scum+Sister Loquacious combo. I just don't think that's likely, though.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:51 am

Post by mneme »

Fudlu: it's true. But at what point does the lack of info gain become less relevant than the probabily or possibility that they're scum?
Did I say too much?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:19 pm

Post by Fritzler »

OK, if you guys thought god and metatron were killers, what kills would you attribute to them? Just asking.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by mneme »

It's pretty clear they aren't killers -- the primary reason to believe they aren't scum (well, I suppose we might be misattributing the "fire" deaths to Hell, thinking about it, but one assumes the demons -are- evil, whereas we really don't know about Heaven.

It is, of course, possible to be scum without being a killing group, but I think a cult is unlikely, and most other possibilities even less so.
Did I say too much?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:32 pm

Post by Fuldu »

mneme wrote:It's pretty clear they aren't killers -- the primary reason to believe they aren't scum (well, I suppose we might be misattributing the "fire" deaths to Hell, thinking about it, but one assumes the demons -are- evil, whereas we really don't know about Heaven.

It is, of course, possible to be scum without being a killing group, but I think a cult is unlikely, and most other possibilities even less so.
I disagree with this assessment. We have a number of totally unattributed "died" deaths (as opposed to malnutrition, burning, run over, fish, etc. that I agree are unlikely to be God/Metatron) and I would be perfectly willing to suggest that God/Metatron could be the culprits of these. As for why I don't want to lynch them if it isn't going to provide information, I guess my concern is that we could lynch one of them, discover that he's Metatron, and still not know whether we should lynch the other. So long as we have roles we
know
to be scum, I'd rather go after them first.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:19 am

Post by Fritzler »

Hmm, I thought we determined those were attributed to mith's group?
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:41 am

Post by esme »

No.

I also don't think there are enough players left for "mith's group".
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:44 am

Post by Fuldu »

mith claimed the fish kill and the dog shit kill. Also arguably his (if he's scum) could be the run over kills. But we haven't even "determined" that mith was in a group. And we certainly haven't determined that he's made more kills than those that he offered to make.

On which, Fritzler, whether you're a good guy or not, you really, really, really need to learn how not to make scummy posts. Making comments that sound like you know more about the structure of scum than everybody else is a high sign of scummy behavior. I've argued as to why I think it's a bad idea, but I'm increasingly tempted to vote you anyway just because, as mneme comments, the probability of scum (based on behavior) outweighs the issue of information gathering.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 am

Post by Fritzler »

Oh, sorry. But wait, wasn't treads in dogshit or whatever someone who you guys said would be in a group with Mith?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:59 am

Post by Fuldu »

Grievous Bodily Harm was the leader of the Other Horsemen. And I agree with esme that there aren't enough players left for all four OHs. The mechanism may just be that he's covering all four of them. I think it's possible that there could be one more OH, but I don't think that's very likely.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

What are the names of the other three horse men in his group?
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:24 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

ok, so what I have is that:

Darklight and Fuldu are masons, and are THEM.

Blackberry and Fritz are masons, and Fritz looks very scummy.

Pooky is a cop, with currently no living people investigated.

A lot of people voted Electra for being inactive and quickly unvoted after she was replaced (but from what I've seen of Electra's posts before, I have been getting a scummy feeling).

And as for the rest, I haven't really seen anything to go on. So I'm going to (If I ever get the time) review back and see if there is any more info. on any of the other players.

Also, I understood that THEM were a scum group. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but if that's true, and we're pretty much sure of 2 people who are THEM, then why are we not lynching either of them?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:37 pm

Post by Fritzler »

No, in the book, Them, were the protaganists. I believe it was discussed that they might have a vig kill.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:58 pm

Post by Fuldu »

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

SUPERNATURAL BEINGS
God
(God)
Metatron
(The Voice of God)
Mole
(
Aziraphale
, An angel, and part-time rare book dealer) was run over, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1
Aelyn
Satan
(A Fallen Angel; the Adversary), died night 4
Mastermind of Sin
(
Beelzebub
, A Likewise Fallen Angel and Prince of Hell) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 1
Hastur
(A Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell)
Genocide Heart
Ligur
(Likewise Fallen Angel and Duke of Hell), was lynched day 4.
Stewie
(
Crowley
, An Angel who did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards) died, and has presumably discorporated, Night 2

APOCALYPTIC HORSEPERSONS

Gaspode
(
DEATH
) was lynched, and discorporated, Day 2
War
(War)
Korais
Famine
, was lynched Day 5.
Peachy
Pollution
(Pollution), was lynched day 3

HUMANS

Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer
(A Witchfinder)
Anges Nutter
(A Prophetess)
mepmuff
(
Newton Pulsifer
, Wages Clerk and Witchfinder Private) was run over, Night 2
PeaceBringer
(
Anathema Device
, Practical Occultist and Professional Descendent) was crushed by fish, Night 3
Coron
(
Shadwell
, Witchfinder Sergeant) was burned, Night 3
Rolandofthewhite
Madame Tracy
(Painted Jezebel [mornings only, Thursdays by arrangement] and medium), died night 5.
Sister Mary Loquacious
(A Satanic Nun of the Chattering Order of St. Beryl)
Mr. Young
(A Father)
Fuldu
Mr. Tyler
(A Chairman of a Residents' Association), was enveloped by fire, and died, night 4
A Delivery Man

THEM

ADAM
(An Antichrist)
Porro
(
Pepper
, A Girl, and member of Them) died of malnutrition, Night 1
Wensleydale
(A Boy)
Internet Stranger
(
Brian
, A Boy, and member of Them) was burned, Night 1

Dragon Phoenix
(
Atlantisan
, Townie) was mod killed, Night 3.
Thoth
American
, was modkilled day 6.
Mith
Grevious Bodily Harm
, was incinerated night 6.
Olio
Warlock
, was killed by.. dog shit night 6.

Locus Cosecant
Dog
(Satanical hellhound and cat-worrier), died night 5.

-----

So there it is again, with updated alignment opinions (totally mine, but I think unexceptional except for some of the yellows). Note that there are 11 not-dead roles listed and we've been told that two of them aren't in play. That leaves three empty slots in our remaining 12 players for miscellaneous other, so that actually is just enough for there to still be the other three Other Horsemen. There are only two potentially pro-town mason groups that I can see, so you can make of that what you will. I only see one character that makes sense for Pooky's claimed role mechanism, although in typing this up it occured to me that I had considered Sister Mary Loquacious as a potential mafia cop, so he could just be dressing up his results differently.

So, the way that that reads is that, depending on how the yellows play out and on what the other three roles are, there could be anywhere from two to eight remaining scum. I think we're probably on the low end of that; it's unlikely, for example, that there are both a full set of Other Horsemen scum
and
God/Metatron scum. My guess is that we probably have at least three (Hastur, War, and Sister Mary) and that one or the other of the two groups is a possibility. But they are in different groups, which means that even if it's a higher number, we're still in pretty good shape. I'm inclined to just lynch somebody who isn't me, Darklight, Pooky, Blackberry, or Fritzler (these last two I don't completely trust, but they're in a bad position if they are scum, since everybody knows who they are and we can lynch them in endgame if they don't turn up dead between now and then; Pooky might be Sister Mary, but barring evidence to the contrary, I'm willing to assume that's not true - certainly if he
is
a mafia cop, he's teamed with the demons, since he gave us Peachy).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”