Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Glork »

Finally, I am idlly wondering if Devo should claim, on the off-chance she dies at end-of-day anyway. Cue the "OMG GLORK IS ROLEFISHING" accusation posts.

Devo, at the start of D2 I asked if I was still blind or if that got erased at end of day, and the mod told me I was good to go. Could you ask the same about your Doom status? ("What happens if my doom counter does not reach zero before the day ends?")

Vote Count:

Nothing.

Not Voting:

Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
DTMaster
FC Groningen
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

8 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Unoffiical FoS Count:

Antifinity 1 (bill1148)
KDub 1 (Glork)

Not FoSing: 12 (JPSalazar, KDub, Devotress, PranaDevil, Chronopie, Antifinity, DTMaster, thatguy00, dramonic, FC Groningen, wolframnhart, MehPlusRawr)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by dramonic »

you were originally saying nothingness and drowned belonged to the scumgroup. I was telling you shooting their body wasnt exactly good.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Chronopie »

If anything, the Music notes sound like a roleblocker.

The FoS's didn't change the doom count, so I'm assuming they're safe. Either that or Kise has yet to edit them in.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by Glork »

dramonic wrote:you were originally saying nothingness and drowned belonged to the scumgroup. I was telling you shooting their body wasnt exactly good.
I still fail to see how Nothingness/Drowned being in the same group means they killed their own member.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Ugh. Guys, I am SO SORRY for being MIA longer than what was expected. One would think that things would be routine, but with a history of liver failure taken into account, they decide to run everything under the sun.

I invite you to confirm with the mod, Kise, if you think I am lying.

Regardless. YES. I am delighted to see that a scum is eliminated. Perhaps we may finally be able to head down some sort of logical path.

@Glork:
I am definitely leaning more towards Antifinity being scum. I had been right initially in my Iecerint suspicion, and while my suspicion for PranaDevil has not gone away, I think Antifinity is more of a danger if he's revealed to be scum. I also suspect kdub, and my suspicions, as mentioned above, are in order of severity.

I don't want to cast a vote because we've seen what the Doom has done in the past.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Chronopie »

bill1148 wrote:That sounds like a negation ability. In which case, that may explain why two players were not killed N2...because Anti was negated.
Just noticed this. Do you know something we don't bill? Such as Anti is
definitely
a killing role?

FoS: Bill
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Glork »

JPSalazar wrote:
@Glork:
I am definitely leaning more towards Antifinity being scum. I had been right initially in my Iecerint suspicionin the past.
Apparently you don't understand how a Death Miller role works exactly.

It is a role, which, when killed, shows up as a Mafia member rather than its actual role.

General consensus is that Iece was actually protown, because as scum he would have flipped "Mafia Blinder" (or similar) and nobody would have been blinded.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Post by Kdub »

Regarding the kill flavor, "electrocuted" doesn't fit in with the 4 fiends since none of them are lightning elemental. "Reduced to nothing" (with the wind-elemental flavor text in the mod scene) could be Tiamat, and "drowned" could be Kraken, but dram raises a fair point that it would imply that scum killed their own partner (bv). Maybe some sort of bus driving or redirecting went on? "Electrocuted" is probably either an SK or another scum team (or the 4 fiends aren't the flavor of the scum team).

Glork:
Any reason for singling me out among those who "failed to make an impression" on you?

As I indicated during night, I'm suspicious of how the Anti wagon stalled and got diverted onto Iec, and bv and dram were the main votes who led to that. I don't really get much out of an iso read of bv unfortunately. Bill's point about the music being some sort of roleblock seems reasonable, but then why didn't it happen to anyone on N1?

For now,
FoS: Antifinity
. I'm not sure if my vote will affect the doom countdown, but I won't test it unless people want me to prove my blindness.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 2:15 am

Post by dramonic »

Glork wrote:
dramonic wrote:you were originally saying nothingness and drowned belonged to the scumgroup. I was telling you shooting their body wasnt exactly good.
I still fail to see how Nothingness/Drowned being in the same group means they killed their own member.
Are you implying two mafia groups? I thought your theory was SK?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:12 am

Post by bill1148 »

Chronopie wrote:
bill1148 wrote:That sounds like a negation ability. In which case, that may explain why two players were not killed N2...because Anti was negated.
Just noticed this. Do you know something we don't bill? Such as Anti is
definitely
a killing role?

FoS: Bill
There were 2 kills N1 and N3. There was only 1 kill N2. Therefore, the player who wanted to kill someone N2 was negated. Basic deduction.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:13 am

Post by bill1148 »

btw, does anyone know what the "Thief" ability specifically does?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Glork »

dramonic wrote:
Glork wrote:
Are you implying two mafia groups? I thought your theory was SK?

Go back and read what I said.

Originally I said two mafia groups + SK was a possibility, though unlikely.
Then I said two "scumgroups" (meaning Mafia + Mafia or Mafia + SK) + Vig was also a possiblity.

Either way, that STILL doesn't explain how you got "kill their own scumbuddy" out of it.

Bill: Traditionally, Thief is an investigative role, which may or may not also be a miller. Each night, the Thief targets one player and gets information about that player's role and/or ability by "stealing" an item belonging to that person. It was designed as an alternate to Cops in flavorful games. See the wiki entry for more.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:42 am

Post by dramonic »

Kdub wrote:As I indicated during night, I'm suspicious of how the Anti wagon stalled and got diverted onto Iec, and bv and dram were the main votes who led to that.
Hey, look who's the first vote on the Iece wagon?
It's you!
Look who's sixth... it's me!

Remind me how I'M the one leading the wagon onto Iec when I voted Anti for like, 9/10th of yesterday?

FoS: kdub

You're so full of crap :P
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 am

Post by dramonic »

@Glork: Reread it, I think I just got what you meant.

However, mafia+SK+vig makes 0 sense considering the one inconsistent flavourkill hit the mafia.
I'm a hoot
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Kdub »

dramonic wrote:Hey, look who's the first vote on the Iece wagon?
It's you!
Look who's sixth... it's me!

Remind me how I'M the one leading the wagon onto Iec when I voted Anti for like, 9/10th of yesterday?
I can't tell if you just missed my point completely or if you are deliberately trying to twist what I said into something that makes you look better. Either way, the bolded above pretty much reinforces what I was actually saying rather than what you want people to think I said. Care to share your current views on Anti?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:52 am

Post by dramonic »

Kdub wrote:I'm suspicious of how the Anti wagon stalled and got diverted onto Iec, and bv and dram were the main votes who led to that.
This says its my and bv's fault the Anti wagon got diverted. I'm saying when i switched vote it was already a dead wagon.

Also, he's not off the hook, but those last posts of yours are terribad.
I'm a hoot
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Devotress »

Regarding whether I'll live tomorrow, I pm'd Kise:
Kise said the only person he'd give that info too is whoever casts doom. So we don't know if i'll live if the day ends before countdown.
bill1148 wrote: My problems with FOS'ing:
I just wanted to touch on this post. Sure I have a bias as the person who is going to die if we don't go the FOS rought, but.
You are essentially arguing in 4/5 of those points, that it's better to not be inconvenienced and let the mafia have a free extra kill, and I think you can see why that is bad.
Your other point is that the mafia could use their night kill to create wifom on people. I don't think it's worth the risk and have a very hard time imagining the mafia risking killing one of their own people just to give someone some possible town points.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

Okay dudes, I'm trying to catch myself up... never replaced in a game this deep and it's hard to catch up on everything.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Post by MehPlusRawr »

FoS: Prana

He's just as scummy as yesterday.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Glork, you missed me saying I'd be happy with an Anti lynch (I didn't FoS in case it upped the Doom counter, I'd rather play it on the safe side this time round all things considered. Now we know it doesn't, I'll add it here)

FoS: Anti

and Meh, mind actually saying WHY my post from this day phase (the whole one of them so far) was scummy? If you're going to make comments, back them up.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 am

Post by Glork »

I'm considering the possibility that inHim got a partially damning result on Prana. In his very first post he states he has a "stone cold lock" on Prana as scum, and he maintains this position throughout his posts.

Prana point-blank tells him that he's an information role, and inHim denies it (as any good info role should do when confronted with their investigated guilty), but his language and adamancy make it VERY clear that Prana is scum and that inHim wants Prana dead.

UnFoS: KDub
FoS: Prana
for now... Prana's play has seemed off at times anyway, so I'm content with a bit more pressure here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 am

Post by Glork »

Devotress wrote:Your other point is that the mafia could use their night kill to create wifom on people. I don't think it's worth the risk and have a very hard time imagining the mafia risking killing one of their own people just to give someone some possible town points.
The "WIFOM" point is doubly nullified by the fact that we know there are two non-town killing groups. Seems silly to say "X was doomed so they must be protown" when crosskills are completely possible.

Devo was doomed, but she is protown for a bajillion reasons completely unrelated to being targeted by scum.

So yeah, FoS counts are definitely the way to go here.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:54 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

PranaDevil wrote:Glork, you missed me saying I'd be happy with an Anti lynch (I didn't FoS in case it upped the Doom counter, I'd rather play it on the safe side this time round all things considered. Now we know it doesn't, I'll add it here)

FoS: Anti

and Meh, mind actually saying WHY my post from this day phase (the whole one of them so far) was scummy? If you're going to make comments, back them up.
All you've done is setup speculate. That doesn't change my scumread of you.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Kdub »

dramonic:
It was hardly a dead wagon, Anti had 5 votes on him at the time you switched to Iec. Regardless, I would like to see Anti flip before I decide on you.

I've never played in a game with a thief before (let alone two of them). Does it function like a role cop, or more like a roleblocker?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”