Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Jack »

I think it's quite likely that a lot of people chose "other" and to balance the game they needed to be given a non-hostile type role, and fishy's claim fits the bill.

I would rather lynch pops, but it seems pointless to try when most people are just going to be all charter like.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:37 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

UncertainKitten wrote:I disagree, DGB. Though you have a point about the others. But I think that scum who were around would be like "Oh hey, someone who's not us is being called guilty, let's jump!
Scummiest player on said wagon: Zorblag. But no one believes me. Zorblag and me are like Jack and pops.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Fishy: What was it that you targeted RC with last night?
IE: What ability did you use on him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

My role pm says that I win the game when all factions that require the townies for their wincon are dead.

Fishy and all his undersea friends do not require townies to die, even if he lied and his point conditions give him bonus points for lynching townies.

I'm gonna apply some super Bayes' theorem (aka watching for people moving towards their actual wincon) and say that everyone on Fishy's wagon is super scummy.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

popsofctown wrote:Fishy and all his undersea friends do not require townies to die, even if he lied and his point conditions give him bonus points for lynching townies.
I knew you were town. But here's the thing. What happens in end game situations if all these "others" begin to outnumber the townies?
popsofctown wrote:I'm gonna apply some super Bayes' theorem
A Bayesian? You must have heard of my husband.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Phate »

Mod: Please replace me.

I apologize for having to replace out of this game, but I'm swamped with work and other commitments right now. I knew when I was invited that I couldn't handle another large game, and I should have declined, but I figured maybe my workload would slacken a bit around the corner. The opposite happened, and I'm not going to string you guys along with a bunch of "will catch up soon" posts. Good luck, and I'm disappointed I missed out on this because it has a great mod team and a great playerlist.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:36 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Jack 725 wrote:I would rather lynch pops, but it seems pointless to try when most people are just going to be all charter like.
To be honest, I don't get why we should even take the chance. There's a good possibility that Fishy will flip scum Roleblocker. If there's a Bus Driver out there, then we should cross that bridge when we come to it.

---
pops 728 wrote:My role pm says that I win the game when all factions that require the townies for their wincon are dead.

Fishy and all his undersea friends do not require townies to die, even if he lied and his point conditions give him bonus points for lynching townies.
I'm assuming this is the new position that a majority of people are taking. I suppose players are also considering that maybe farside is lying and maybe I am lying. Knowing what I know, however, is that a Roleblocker visited me, Fishy doesn't deny using a roleblock, and farside said Fishy visited me. I mean, I get the idea of leaving "non-threatening" third parties alive. I really do get that. I played a large game with the Mod some months back where we spent over a dozen pages arguing about whether or not an admitted Lyncher should be lynched or not. In that game, it was officially impossible for the Lyncher to win on the first day, even if his target was lynched.

I argued, unsuccessfully, that the Lyncher shouldn't be lynched. Guess what? I was scum that game and I primarily wanted to cause chaos in the town.

So, frankly, I don't really get the mentality behind leaving Fishy alive. I don't know who Bayes is and all that jazz, but I'm guessing I can't go toe-to-toe with pops on advanced mafia theorems. All I know is, it makes sense for the town to kill a player who's throwing roleblocks around and admits to not being town. If someone wants to dumb down the advanced, high brow strategy for the town to manipulate the third parties in their favor, then they are welcome to try. Right now I don't get it though.

---

Mod
, if you don't have Internet access for whatever reason, will there be an official substitute Mod until you get back? Congratulations on graduating!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:39 am

Post by zoraster »

yeah, i'll let SpyreX get access to my account or mod access himself. I'll have my blackberry either way, so I should have at least access enough to get him on if that becomes a problem.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Wait a minute, pops.
pops 728 wrote:My role pm says that I win the game when all factions that require the townies for their wincon are dead.
Mod 1 wrote:This is what a sample Role PM would look like.
~NAME~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Vanilla Townie

Flavor Title:
<Your Mama>

Motive: The crisis is pre-empting Oprah. Now the whole thing is real and personal to you.

Alignment:
Town

Faction: {REDACTED}

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

Win Condition: Force a game state where no living player's Win Condition requires you to die.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

The game thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=14015
I thought you said you were VT?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:03 am

RedCoyote wrote: There's a good possibility that Fishy will flip scum Roleblocker.
No. He's "other." He didn't make up the details in his point-gathering system.

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Fishythefish »

RedCoyote wrote:...Fishy doesn't deny using a roleblock...
I'm pretty sure I did. At any rate, I do now. I did not use any power last night that would lead to you (or anyone) being blocked.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Fishythefish »

farside22 wrote:Fishy: What was it that you targeted RC with last night?
IE: What ability did you use on him?
I didn't target RC.

Assuming my action did resolve on him - I'm not saying what it was. It couldn't block him.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:09 am

RedCoyote wrote:Wait a minute, pops.
Pretty sure that pops means "require killing townies for their wincon" - it's just sloppy paraphrasing.

And actually - doesn't that mean that "non-hostile others" are indeed like townies in end game situations? Can someone win with the townie win condition AND their point stuff and be a double-winner somehow?

If that's the case, we can leave Fishy alive, leaving us free to lynch Zorblag, whom I'm sure put in a special request to be SK.

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@DGB: I only win on points. My win condition can be satisfied with or without the town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:13 am

Do you get points for lynching a SK?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:19 am

And you get points for lynching other "others," right?

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Fishythefish »

No points either way for other lynches (or transmitting tracks).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

Fishy isn't saying what he did last night and I note he didn't say he doesn't do anything at night with his claim.
Why are we leaving him alive?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:26 am

We do know he's not killing townies.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hey fishy you said the track would be sent to someone, did the ability you used last night's result get sent to someone who could confirm that it isn't a roleblock?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Chronopie »

Fishythefish wrote: Here is my power:
-
One shot transmitting weak tracker.
I target a player, and someone to get my results. The find out whether (but not who) the first player visits that night.
Fishythefish wrote:
Zorblag wrote:@Fishythefish, your claim brings up a couple questions.

4. Have you used your track/transmit ability yet?
4. No. I intend to use it tonight.
This is from earlier on today. Now we learn that fishy has in fact targeted someone, and was redirected via bus. Now is flailing around, in an anti-town manner.

##Vote: FishytheFish
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:We do know he's not killing townies.
And......
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Gammagooey »

##Unvote

He's at L-2 after my unvote, charter can suck one until fishy answers the question.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:44 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

popsofctown wrote:Fishy and all his undersea friends do not require townies to die, even if he lied and his point conditions give him bonus points for lynching townies.
But... but thats motivation to lynch townies...
I'm gonna apply some super Bayes' theorem (aka watching for people moving towards their actual wincon) and say that everyone on Fishy's wagon is super scummy.
Actually im just going to say its just a high ammount of "other" on his wagon. Especially if there is a 'other v other v other' subgame going on here.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count wrote:fishythefish ( 9 ) DrippingGoofball d3x farside22 RedCoyote charter Debonair Danny DiPietro StrangerCoug Gammagooey Zorblag
Eliminating obviously town....

d3x, farside, RC, DDD, SC, GG, Troll

Eliminating prob tow...

d3x, RC (?), Troll

calculating....

##Vote: d3x
FoS: Troll

Im not voting fishy today. I am, beyond a shadow of a doubt, sure that he is what he has already claimed. Actions match up with driver, and what he is claiming matches up with the "non hostle" flip we have already seen. I believe he is "basically town" as well.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”