esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:49 pm

Post by esme »

You should really have the Delivery Man yellow, and I find it strange that you still erase the line:

Full Chorus of Tibetans, Aliens, Americans, Atlantisans, and other rare and strange Creatures of the Last Days

which is not the last line and two of them were definitely in the game.

I am still not satisfied with *why* Pooky investigated Thoth.
[size=75]Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.[/size]
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:07 pm

Post by esme »

I'm away from Sep 24-28.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:31 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I felt that both of the mason pairs were liable to be attacked by the baddies so I thought we'd have them confirmed that way, the lurkers however I had absolutely no read on and I thought it would help unmuddy the waters for us later in the game, also the mafia almost never shoot lurkers in my experience, so they were liable to be good later in the game when confirmed innocents can help us beat the scum by numbers.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 am

Post by Fuldu »

I said that the color opinions are totally mine, but I don't understand why anyone would think that the Delivery Man would be bad. He's a nondescript character in the book who just ends up getting killed by the Horsemen. It's like suggesting that Mr. Young is going to be a SK-variant whose goal is to get Adam grounded. I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make any sense and I haven't seen any evidence to support it.

As for the Full Chorus line, I'm replacing it, as I'm replacing every other line with dead players, with the names of those players and their roles. And I'm not counting them in the list of characters numbers because all that does is tell us that maybe we're better off than we think. If there's a Tibetan, an Alien, and a rare and strange creature still in play, then that would mean that there are no roles left that aren't on that list. I think it's more useful to assume that that sort of role
might
occur as part (or all) of our three open roles, but that they might be something else, as well.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
esme
esme
Goon
esme
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:45 am

Post by esme »

The Delivery Man *activated* the horsepersons in the book. He got killed voluntarily to fulfill his duty to deliver to DEATH. And as opposed to your Mr. Young- example, getting the apocalypse in full swing was the only purpose of the Delivery Man in the book.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:54 am

Post by Fuldu »

That's an interesting interpretation. I guess I can see that, but even going back over it with that interpretation in mind, he still looks to me like he was hired to do his job and did it without any awareness of the consequences. I certainly don't see any evidence that he got killed voluntarily so much as that once he realized it was happening he was resigned to it.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:28 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

I really have no opinion on the deliver man since I haven't read Good Omens yet, but since I found the PDF version of it ;), I might start reading it if I ever get some free time.

As for the roles, it seems like the only way we can get 32 roles out of all of those when you don't count two of them is if you do include one of Tibetan, Alian, and a strange Creature. There seems to already have been an American and Atlantean, so this would make sense that the other three would exist in the game. Also, the only other three that seems to be possible are 3 other horseman, but I doubt it. Like others have said, another scum group would be too much. And I doubt that he would have added 2 of the 5 from the full chorus rather than all 5 of them.

As for the two characters that aren't in the game, I'm not sure who it could be right now, but I'm also not sure how much I can speculate on that without getting modkilled. Anyways, it is possible that since we've (from what I've heard) been missing a War horseperson's kills, he probably isn't in the game, or if he is, he would have been one of the inactive players.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:29 am

Post by Fritzler »

I have one question, who would kill via dogshit if it wasn't one of mith's members?
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:58 am

Post by Fuldu »

Fritzler, mith told us he was going to vig olio overnight, and then olio died via something that (mostly) makes sense with mith's role. mith (or if it exists, his group) killed olio. There's just no question about that.

al, the other way to get three additional roles is by mining the book for characters not on the list. The Other Horsemen are among these, as is Warlock. I can think of at least two others that would not surprise me if they showed up. Again, the point is not that I think the Tibetan, Alien, or rare creature roles definitely don't exist, but just that not including them in the count allows us greater flexibility in considering what possibilities might be out there.

esme seems almost maniacally devoted to causing trouble with the more probably innocent members of the town (questioning Pooky's actions, arguing with me about stuff that really isn't important and where I've expressed that it's just my opinion), which is probably the scummiest thing I've seen so far today.
vote: esme
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:09 am

Post by Fritzler »

Oh, I forgot Mith died overnight, so he'd still get a choice.
My bad.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:46 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

4 Darquiel/Electra (Fritzler, Esme, Flay, Subtletactix)
1 Esme (Fuldu)

7 to lynch
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:19 am

Post by Fritzler »

So do you guys have someone else you think we should lynch or what?
Surfs up dude.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:47 am

Post by mneme »

Not really. Ok with darq. Ok with esme too.

vote: darq
Did I say too much?
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:50 am

Post by darquiel »

Obviously id prefer esme, then to waste a lynch on a vanilla townie
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:35 am

Post by Fritzler »

Am I the only one who doesn't think there's any vanilla townies in this game? The choruses are the only one's i considered, but they must not be if thoth got himself modkilled.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:44 am

Post by Fuldu »

Fritzler wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think there's any vanilla townies in this game? The choruses are the only one's i considered, but they must not be if thoth got himself modkilled.
No, I think there's an excellent chance that the choruses are vanilla townies. I've had to accept that the modkills simply don't make any sense from our viewpoint and that we'll just have to wait until after the game.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Fritzler »

Hmmm, I did think they were. Damn these modkills. They make no sense.
DarkLight140
DarkLight140
Goon
DarkLight140
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:22 am

Post by DarkLight140 »

So... yeah. Just in case you were wondering, I still exist and read the thread but seem to find it disturbingly easy to fall into a pattern of lurking.

Okay, now, this is going to narrowly dodge the rules of the game, but at this point I would support a mass-roleclaim. Clinging tightly to the line "Very basic descriptions (cop-type role, etc.) are ok" from the rules, I think that if we all claim our role ability as basically as possible, we should be able to put everything together from there without getting rampantly modkilled. We have a half-dozen protown roles worth drawing a nightkill already revealed, so we might as well go all the way and try to get the complete picture.

On the other hand, trying this might turn out to be mass-suicide. Or it might be tactically the wrong move. Thoughts?
To be Continued...
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:31 am

Post by darquiel »

Fuldu wrote:
Fritzler wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't think there's any vanilla townies in this game? The choruses are the only one's i considered, but they must not be if thoth got himself modkilled.
No, I think there's an excellent chance that the choruses are vanilla townies. I've had to accept that the modkills simply don't make any sense from our viewpoint and that we'll just have to wait until after the game.
Uhm Maybe there is a big chance of the choruses being vanilla townies in addition to my role and a couple of others im sure
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:36 pm

Post by Fritzler »

DarkLight140 wrote:So... yeah. Just in case you were wondering, I still exist and read the thread but seem to find it disturbingly easy to fall into a pattern of lurking.

Okay, now, this is going to narrowly dodge the rules of the game, but at this point I would support a mass-roleclaim. Clinging tightly to the line "Very basic descriptions (cop-type role, etc.) are ok" from the rules, I think that if we all claim our role ability as basically as possible, we should be able to put everything together from there without getting rampantly modkilled. We have a half-dozen protown roles worth drawing a nightkill already revealed, so we might as well go all the way and try to get the complete picture.

On the other hand, trying this might turn out to be mass-suicide. Or it might be tactically the wrong move. Thoughts?
I'd say start it tomorrow, and have the order be something like (EVERYONE), You/Fuldu, Pooky.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:37 pm

Post by Fritzler »

darquiel wrote:
Fuldu wrote:
Uhm Maybe there is a big chance of the choruses being vanilla townies in addition to my role and a couple of others im sure
Wait, you're not one of the choruses, and know there are other non chorus members that are vanilla townies? How is that possible? Damn it. This is quite confusing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:55 pm

um this might sound silly, but wouldn't that just make whatever docs we have left out in the open for the mafia to ice and then they'd ice me?

:( I don't wanna die :cry:
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:02 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Actually, I think the magical bear may be right. Hmmm.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:05 pm

we're not exactly close to lynch or lose.... don't cha think that mass ability claiming might not be so good at this point in the game?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:11 pm

Post by Blackberry »

OMG, Was I right about Olio being scum? LOL *just realized that* I'll post more later, I g2g.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”