Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

Listen up people. He didn't say he did anything last night. That is withholding information. That is not town.
He went to Red Coyote and even if that is not his intended target he still did something last night that he is not telling people.
HOW IS THIS TOWN?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

I agree about the Fish wagon likely having a decent mixture of scum and other Others on it. Conversely, his partners - seems like he's pretty much admitted he's not alone, e.g. iso 37 - might be on the side of those arguing he should live.

For me one of the key questions right now is how much we believe Fish's claim that there are lots of non-hostile Others. If he's right that there are maybe 6 non-hostile points-scoring Others, then I think we have to agree with Fish that if we lynch non-hostile Others too often it's likely to lead to us losing.

I think on the whole I believe Fish's claim. And his reaction to the bus + roleblock things seems one of genuine surprise, whereas I think a scum roleblocker would have thought more about what they'd say if they were tracked.

So, on the basis that Fish is probably telling the truth about there being ~6 or so non-hostile Others, I don't think we should use a lynch on him. (I have no worries if a vig wants to shoot him if they don't have any better suspects.) Also, I feel like we'd get more info value from lynching someone else, as well as more chance of lynching scum or hostile other.

(Exactly who we should be lynching instead, hmm, I still need to finish that re-read. I've only looked at this recent Fish shenanigans at the moment.)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Chronopie »

So what's your opinion on the Targeting matter?

First he claimed he didn't, now it's clear he did.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:Listen up people. He didn't say he did anything last night. That is withholding information. That is not town.
He went to Red Coyote and even if that is not his intended target he still did something last night that he is not telling people.
HOW IS THIS TOWN?
Fishy wrote:
I did visit someone last night
. I doubt I'm going to claim who, because I've no intention of giving away what that action is. It's a protown action, but frankly my points rivals already know plenty about me.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'll be answering (or at least addressing) all points in the morning (~7 hours time).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
farside22 wrote:Listen up people. He didn't say he did anything last night. That is withholding information. That is not town.
HOW IS THIS TOWN?
Fishy wrote:
I did visit someone last night
. I doubt I'm going to claim who, because I've no intention of giving away what that action is. It's a protown action, but frankly my points rivals already know plenty about me.
Llama he didn't say that till I talked about my claim and he's keeps throwing out how pro-town he is. He could not say he didn't go anywhere after my claim.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Still, im not voting him. Will be floored if he flips anything but non-hostle other
Co-host of The USL Show
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Do you think Llama that scum fish got bus driven somewhere.

*note to the dumb ass town of bleck.
farside predicts she will now be rb. Thanks for not supporting your town tracker.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

farside22 wrote:Do you think Llama that scum fish got bus driven somewhere.
Absolutely (if you change scum-fish to other-fish). Look at what claims we have

Fishy says he targeted player X with pro-town action
RC was targeted by fishy
RC was targeted by a roleblock

I would expect player X to get targeted by a scum roleblock. I can see player X to getting bussed with RC. Anti-town, especially other, has to be all over this wagon.

d3x is probably one of them
Co-host of The USL Show
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Plum »

charter wrote:I swear to god if people unvote, I am going to lose it.

There's a reason why we lynch anyone not town. If not really obvious to you now, it will be later in the game.
Individual independent Non-hostile claimers can and
will
be dealt with. I'd ask them to claim now and promise not to lynch them unless we got wind that they're, you know, actually lying scum (and that includes playing scummy and not doing everything asked of them immediately). In fact, if you're Part of the Executive, Legislative, or Judicial branches
please claim now
. If you're pro-Town-type Other, as Fishy claims he is, you'll be doing the Town overall a favor, even though you might not want to claim. You have another incentive: You don't claim now, well, there's at least one and possibly more investigative PRs who will assume you to be hostile if they get a non-Town, or even an Other result on you, should you not claim immediately. Vig(s) will be encouraged to shoot only claimed Neutrals who are uncooperative, showed signs of scumminess in the Town's/Vig's estimation, or seemed to have a wincon which involved helping scum instead of Town. Again, these guys are not Hostile Other and we can win with them around.

DGB, I agree with you on Zorblag in general. I could dissect up a case, but the direct poking at Chronopie is something recent which rubbed me very wrong.
##Vote: Zorblag
. I'd endorse this wagon.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Town Cop says Fishy is not-town

Fishy claims other with one shot tracker
That they hadn't used

Tracker says Fishy visited RC

RC admits being RB'd

Fishy admits visiting someone,
Not RC
. Therefore Lied about not using ability.

But Fishy doesn't want to say who they visited, or what ability.

Therefore we cannot trust Fishy.

--

Any objections to that analysis? Thoughts?
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:Well, I'll be voting Gamma first thing tomorrow.
Care to give reasoning behind this?

As for the Fishythefish claim, I can make heads and tails out of it. I agree that we should not be wasting time getting rid of the "other"s, so
##unvote
for right now.

I think LlamaFluff vs. farside22 is town vs. town. Not sure what to think of Plum's asking the "branches" (I"m going to use that blanket term for the three) to massclaim as I don't quite know the long-term effects.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Plum wrote:DGB, I agree with you on Zorblag in general. I could dissect up a case, but the direct poking at Chronopie is something recent which rubbed me very wrong.
##Vote: Zorblag
. I'd endorse this wagon.
This also works

##unvote
##Vote Zorblag
Co-host of The USL Show
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by Plum »

Crud hold the thought on that massclaim a second please. Lemme think.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm not saying your massclaim idea is bad, Plum; I'm just saying that I don't know how to take it either way. Is there something about the massclaim that you realize you forgot?

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Plum »

The downside is that it
could
help the scum determine who's most worth killing. That could possibly be remedied depending on how we ask the Non-Hostiles to claim and to what degree we'll be coopting their powers for the Town's uses.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Post by Jack »

I'm going to pretend llama didn't unvote and go

##unvote:pops
##vote:d3x

Unsure about zorblag.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Red Coyote: Did you receive or get anything else beside being told you were Role Blocked?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

Plum is prob town, Nico needs to die, SC needs to realize that farside vs. llama wasn't alignment related except for the debate on Fishy's alignment. I'm pretty sure they aren't accusing each other, and in fact farside's...reaction to llama indicates she thinks him stupid town.

So, that brings me to my point. Why bother pointing out it's "town vs. town"?

##FoS: StrangerCoug
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

UncertainKitten wrote:Plum is prob town, Nico needs to die, SC needs to realize that farside vs. llama wasn't alignment related except for the debate on Fishy's alignment. I'm pretty sure they aren't accusing each other, and in fact farside's...reaction to llama indicates she thinks him stupid town.

So, that brings me to my point. Why bother pointing out it's "town vs. town"?

##FoS: StrangerCoug
farside22 wants Fishythefish dead; LlamaFluff wants him alive for right now. I thought, therefore, that one was accusing the other, thought the other had some sort of ulterior motive, or something like that. However, neither of them seem scummy.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I want to lynch scum. The type that kills townies at night.

## unvote
## vote: Zorblag
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

UGH MS ATE MY POST.

anyway.

in response to RC:
Mod: Is it possible for me to lose the game though other townies win the game?

I paraphrased because I assumed my wincon boiled down to what the townie wincon always is, but technically if you nitpick the wording, if the last three living players were a lyncher who had already killed his target and two vanilla townies some townies would be declared winners and the dead lyncher target would be considered a loser. This kind of turns the town into a coalition of Survivors and is bad design and I'm hoping the wincon phrasing was just an oversight.

@LlamaFluff saying "if he got points for lynching townies isn't that bad"

Yes it's bad, but he still can't kill townies at night, still doesn't know if his targets are actually town when he votes them, and he's not a scum who definitely wants to vote townies.

@farside: You're viewing the theme game in a very simplistic way. Try to focus on the town wincon, not rules of thumb like LaL. We need to kill people who want us to die. Fishy may have claimed without fullclaiming. Did he do it because he actually want us to die? No, probably not, so leave him alive.

@DGB's post above me: I want that kind of scum to die too, but why is Zorblag scum exactly? His first post didn't seem quite lynchworthy to me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

EBWOP: Supposing I got a role pm just like the sample, would it be possible for me to lose the game although other townies won the game
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Llama 749 is godly and what I meant to do. Had a feeling some people on Fishy were Fishy. (hihihi)

##Unvote

##Vote: Troll
FLASH OF GREEN
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:@DGB's post above me: I want that kind of scum to die too, but why is Zorblag scum exactly? His first post didn't seem quite lynchworthy to me.
80% meta at work, plus evidence of fake scum hunting, and general coasting and being more agreeable than ever to avoid lynches and NKs. I've seen Troll as town, I've seen Troll as scum, they're the same. Really you can't tell Troll-town from Troll-scum, you just have to lynch him after he's passed the point of being useful to the town. He's actually EQUALLY helpful as town or scum. Except for the killing townies at night part.

I know that Troll would like to work alone. I don't think he'd pick scum, because that requires heightened social interactions and associated frustration. I don't think he'd pick town - in my experience, despite him making extremely useful contributions, his scumdar is not exactly stellar (he may disagree!). I expect him to choose "other."

So here we go, a meta assumption that Troll is other. BUT. Is he "other" playing for points, or is he other, as in, SK.

Troll's ordinary tone, which ranges from quite neutral to slightly curmudgeonly, is completely different from anything I've seen in his game. His mood is positively luminous. He is glowing. He is one happy camper. To go beyond meta arguments, he's coasting and faking scum hunting - THAT I have never seen before.

Methinks Troll is drunk on the cider of being SK.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”