Werewolf: Wisborg Asylum: GAME OVER, Innocents Win.

Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Merkabah »

I've made like 70% of the posts; probably more. Sorry.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Nightson »

Merkabah wrote:
Nightson wrote:Okay, going through people, starting with the people with lower post counts.
Why are you focusing on them?
Starting with them because they take the least time and thought.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
JackALope2323
JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by JackALope2323 »

@Merk: I haven't decided yet.

I'm sorry I can't make instantaneous decisions like the rest of you.
Never whistle while you're pissing.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Kise »

Sucrose wrote:If Chrono knows not to freak out as scum, why did he freak out as town? I can't quite wrap my head around why Chrono claimed if he thought he was about to die and flip.
Because in one of Chrono's games long ago, he got hammered and claimed during quasi-twilight something to the effect of, "good job, town, I am scum, ya got me." Scaring Chrono with a fake-hammer has been used in other game(s). However, people will announce how it makes Chrono obvtown if he doesn't claim being caught-scum when he's supposedly under the impression he is a goner. It's some kind of meta.... but, point is, it's an old trick, and ineffective if Chrono KNOWS what others are expecting him to say when they fake-hammer/fake-daykill.
Chronopie wrote:Kise, don't try a cross game meta on me. It won't work.
Exactly... which is what I am telling crypto because the fake-me-out daykill + your reaction means little when you've gotten used to the trick.
The Goat wrote: In POST THIRTY THREE, you used the "master and minion" bit.

In POST THIRTY NINE, you said that scumbuddies shouldn't behave that way.
Okay, I got mixed up there with the 6 posts later thing. I can admit to that. But, because I say that scum shouldn't behave a certain way, doesn't mean that Nightson followed the formula. Which is why I say that someone should TELL Nightson HOW to behave -- because he's not doing what good scum should do. So now that I understand you, do you understand that what I was saying in post 39 is not a contradiction on my part?

I like how we all have different arguments going on. :lol:
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Post by Chronopie »

1) Was actually Twilight, and my first game as scum. not a fake hammer. So no, not used to said trick. But I will be next time.

2) I play based on role, not faction. so just because I'm scum in a game doesn't mean that I'm scum in another, based on playstyle. If I were doc in a certain game however...
(although I haven't had a doc role yet)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Merkabah
Merkabah
Goon
Merkabah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Merkabah »

Zazier wrote:@Merky (Your name is too difficult to write ._.)
actually, I dunno >.< If you're talking about that I changed from many posts to a big one, it's because it even started to bother me >.<
If you're talking about my aggressiveness or such, I dunno. It was pointed out even by kmd, but I haven't noticed any difference.
Also, if early claiming is scummy, what do you think of Fate's first post?
I was talking about the aggression. You're much more direct and out for blood since the last time I was in a game with you. I was just wondering what caused this change. May not really be relevant if it's not something you're even aware of.

In terms of Fate's first post, I don't think anything of it really. Chrono legitimately claimed. I think Fate is messing around.
Sucrose wrote:Let me clarify, I'm a fairly inexperienced player, Reck isn't.
L-O-L
Chrono wrote:Kise, don't try a cross game meta on me. It won't work. The only differences in my play style come from having specific roles.

The scum hunting is always scum hunting, even if I do aim to miss sometimes.
In this post, Chrono tries to play the old pro who knows how to play his roles properly regardless of circumstance....and yet we're expected to believe that he flipped out and claimed over an obviously fake day kill? :roll:

Spyrex, I really hope you can find it in your heart to leave Chrono out of the alliance.
Jackalope wrote:And, once again:

I APOLOGIZE

I DID NOT KNOW GRONIGEN HAD NOT PICKED UP HIS ROLE PM, AND WAS BEING REPLACED.

THIS WAS IRRESPONSIBLE IGNORANCE ON MY PART.

Christ, people make mistakes.
A few questions and votes deserves caps lock freak out? More scum overreaction.
dramonic wrote:Also Merkabah, your halves have played enough with me to know my sparse AL isnt a scumtell, lay off.
Not necessarily a scumtell, but contribute or die. We're forming an alliance here and your blood may be the pact that binds it. Do what ya gotta do.

Also dram, it's best if you just read us together as a single player. Amished and I talk most things out beforehand, so our viewpoints/posting style is going to be a blend you'll just have to adjust to.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Merk wrote:@Spyre: Can we lynch rajrchp-fl;sfjdl; tomorrow? Or even today?
That is becoming a possibility. Definitely not before dram.

Chrono is still town.
I'm actually starting to lean town on Jack too. :( I'd still put a BULLET there but.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Deer »

JackALope2323 wrote: @ Deer, please tell me how they're NOT active lurking.

They BARELY make any posts, and the posts they DO make have little to no useful content. It's either asshattery, spam, or agreeing with somebody else.

THAT IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF ACTIVE LURKING.

Christ.
Crypto and Reck and Chrono "barely make any posts?" That's strange, because Crypto has 54 posts, Reck has 29 posts (as much as you) and Chrono has 24, not a whole lot less. Fate has 19 - not a lot, but definitely more than other players in the game.

Their content is useful enough. Why would you not focus on someone like Lowell, lukepukeduke, animorph, or SpyreX, who have low post counts? Seems like you're picking out the players with the shortest post lengths - an easy target. People who post like that often look like they aren't contributing, but I don't think it's a huge deal.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Kise »

Chrono, would you agree with me that crypto's fake-kill over you was not effective in discovering your alignment based on your reaction to the aforementioned fake-kill?
ZazieR wrote:I already call Goatrevolt Goat, so you'll be Goaty ^.^
I say we call him Goatse from now on.

Why do people keep saying there was a night 0?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Kise »

Mod - Just so you know, FC Groningen was V/LA for a while in my game, and I believe that may have been around the time this game began. I don't think it would hurt to PM him now just to check.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
JackALope2323
JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by JackALope2323 »

@ Deer:

Please, for my sanity which is slowly but surely slipping away, EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ANY OF THEM HAVE MADE USEFUL POSTS.

THANK YOU.

@ Merk:

QUESTIONS, VOTES, AND ACCUSATIONS OF BEING SCUM DUE TO A SIMPLE MISTAKE DESERVE CAPSLOCKS, YES.

Christ I need to learn to stick to smaller games.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Deer »

First, jack, answer my question.
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Post by The Goat »

Kise wrote: Okay, I got mixed up there with the 6 posts later thing. I can admit to that. But, because I say that scum shouldn't behave a certain way, doesn't mean that Nightson followed the formula. Which is why I say that someone should TELL Nightson HOW to behave -- because he's not doing what good scum should do. So now that I understand you, do you understand that what I was saying in post 39 is not a contradiction on my part?

I like how we all have different arguments going on. :lol:
Kise: Yeah, I understand...I was more concerned with what I originally thought was you getting antsy with a couple votes on you. Now I just think you're a little bit nuts. :)
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Kise »

I'm a big nutter, actually. I suppose we can kiss and make-up..... don't know where to go from here.

Unvote

Aww, shit.....

Maybe Nightson's 417 is where I should be looking at. I'll be back tomorrow to decide.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

don_johnson replaces FC Groningen.
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

lukepukeduke wrote:If I quoted you and asked you a question could you please answer it
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:@lukepukeduke:

Tell me what you understand about the Random Voting Stage. (Hint: The answer is in the title.)
Normally, I would. However, the answer to the question I'm asking you affects any answer I would give to what you asked me.

@all: I'm reading at page 16; more later (likely tomorrow morning).
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

EBWOP:

@Nightson: I'm reading. And forming opinions. When I have questions, I'll ask them. Honestly, in huge games like this I'm not overly active early D1. But as the day wears on, I'll be all
up
in yo bidness. Then you'll be sorry. (Generic "you.")
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by easjo682 »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:self voting is not helpful because to optimize play, you should be voting for the person you most likely think is scum. you voting for yourself is saying that you think that you might be scum, or that you arnt really hunting for scum.
while it is true self voting is not helpful in RVS in a game this size it becomes more excuseable. if people were to start self voting now it would be a litttle odd to say the least, as no matter which side you are playing for, ideally you want to get rid of the other side, voting for yourself removes this oppotunity
sucrose wrote:Let me clarify, I'm a fairly inexperienced player, Reck isn't. I initially thought it was just a joke, but so many people jumped on it that I think it's obvious Reck knew how people were going to react and wanted people to react.
Yes the general idea at the start is to provoke reactions to get conversations started, I'm surprised so many took his 'claim' as seriously as they did.

sucrose wrote:Dramonic: Please make a full write-up of your suspects, so I can judge you. Because right now there's nothing to judge.
@Everyone
I wouldn't mind seeing peoples opinions on other players

@Jackalope, please stop using caps its scummy and annoying to read

Nightson wrote:
Merkabah wrote:
Nightson wrote:Okay, going through people, starting with the people with lower post counts.
Are you going to do a read on everyone eventually?

[quote="kise]Because in one of Chrono's games long ago, he got hammered and claimed during quasi-twilight something to the effect of, "good job, town, I am scum, ya got me." Scaring Chrono with a fake-hammer has been used in other game(s). However, people will announce how it makes Chrono obvtown if he doesn't claim being caught-scum when he's supposedly under the impression he is a goner. It's some kind of meta.... but, point is, it's an old trick, and ineffective if Chrono KNOWS what others are expecting him to say when they fake-hammer/fake-daykill.[/quote]

I dont think hes really been here long enough (hes been here since 9th Feb 2010) for it to been seen as his meta, though it does weight in, I wouldn't like to judge meta like that until a person has been here at least a year.
Mind you I don't usually use meta in a game anyway.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by easjo682 »

rajrhcpfreak wrote:self voting is not helpful because to optimize play, you should be voting for the person you most likely think is scum. you voting for yourself is saying that you think that you might be scum, or that you arnt really hunting for scum.
while it is true self voting is not helpful in RVS in a game this size it becomes more excuseable. if people were to start self voting now it would be a litttle odd to say the least, as no matter which side you are playing for, ideally you want to get rid of the other side, voting for yourself removes this oppotunity
sucrose wrote:Let me clarify, I'm a fairly inexperienced player, Reck isn't. I initially thought it was just a joke, but so many people jumped on it that I think it's obvious Reck knew how people were going to react and wanted people to react.
Yes the general idea at the start is to provoke reactions to get conversations started, I'm surprised so many took his 'claim' as seriously as they did.

sucrose wrote:Dramonic: Please make a full write-up of your suspects, so I can judge you. Because right now there's nothing to judge.
@Everyone
I wouldn't mind seeing peoples opinions on other players

@Jackalope, please stop using caps its scummy and annoying to read

Nightson wrote:
Merkabah wrote:
Are you going to do a read on everyone eventually?

[quote="kise]Because in one of Chrono's games long ago, he got hammered and claimed during quasi-twilight something to the effect of, "good job, town, I am scum, ya got me." Scaring Chrono with a fake-hammer has been used in other game(s). However, people will announce how it makes Chrono obvtown if he doesn't claim being caught-scum when he's supposedly under the impression he is a goner. It's some kind of meta.... but, point is, it's an old trick, and ineffective if Chrono KNOWS what others are expecting him to say when they fake-hammer/fake-daykill.[/quote]

I dont think hes really been here long enough (hes been here since 9th Feb 2010) for it to been seen as his meta, though it does weight in, I wouldn't like to judge meta like that until a person has been here at least a year.
Mind you I don't usually use meta in a game anyway.
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by Fate »

Skimmed the last two pages, FIRST THINGS FUCKING FIRST:
Jackascum wrote:Fate is currently the scummiest, in my mind. Followed by Chrono, then Crypto, then xRx.
WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THIS? THIS IS HAPPENING IN LIKE 3 OF MY ON GOING GAMES. PEOPLE CALL ME SCUMMIEST, BUT
THEY AREN'T VOTING ME
. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT KIND OF TELL THIS IS BUT IT IS SUCH DISSONANCE THAT IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT.

IF YOU"RE GONNA CALL ME SCUM MAN UP AND PUT YOUR VOTE ON AND WE CAN HAVE A CAPS LOCK THROW DOWN JACKIE BOI.

Next, less ragey point:
Somebody, who was already answered by Merka wrote:If you think early claims are scummy, what do you think of Fate
Early claim? When the hell did I claim anything? I must''ve missed it. Nice rolefish though.

Vote's stayin on Jack. Interested in hearing why Spy thinks he is more and more town (just because of the whole random lynch all lurkers battle cry out of nowhere?)
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
JackALope2323
JackALope2323
Goon
JackALope2323
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 am

Post by JackALope2323 »

@ Fate:

God damnit man, I'm not going to vote you until I feel my vote would be served best on you. Just because you are scummiest does NOT mean you are most deserving of my vote.

And it's not random. In case you haven't noticed, I've been trying to get people who haven't been posting anything to post more. It's not like this hatred of lurkers is new or anything.

@ Deer: Christ all fucking mighty, haven't I answered this before?

I WANT EVERYBODY WHO HAS NOT BEEN POSTING REGULARLY TO START MAKING CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE GAME. IF THEY DON'T, THEY WILL FIND THEIR RATING ON MY SCUMOMETER EXPONENTIALLY INCREASING.

And please, PLEASE,
PLEASE
tell me how Crypto, Fate, Chrono, or xRx are contributing in any way, shape, or form.

Fate is getting slightly better. His posts are having SLIGHTLY more content. The others, though, they don't have shit. If you can point out contributions made by them, I will shut my mouth.

BEFORE THEN, NO.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:24 am

Post by Deer »

Jack, you didn't answer my goddamn question. Why are you calling out Crypto/Fate/Chrono/xRx for not contributing when Lowell, LPD, SV, dram, and others have contributed much, much less?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 am

Post by don_johnson »

hello. cathcing up soon.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

JackALope wrote:God damnit man, I'm not going to vote you until I feel my vote would be served best on you.
Just because you are scummiest does NOT mean you are most deserving of my vote
Unvote, Vote: Jack
green shirt thursdays
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 5:50 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

My reread of some earlier action has changed my views on a few people. I'm going through post 245, and posting straight from the notebook.

Nightson first to place second vote.
Lowell first to place third vote.
Nightson first to join more than one wagon.
- this is the scummiest thing to come out of the first few pages.

easjo - eager to rationalize.
The Goat - town-like first post. I'll say upfront that Goat is a read that I am changing.

Do not like Deer voting Jack in post 88. Follow that up with the Chrono vote in post 91. Then again Post 111 telling JackALope to unvote. (seems like scum chiding town)
Deer = wagony, asking questions without providing answers (ie post 99). Then I get to the "Reck-claim" and realize Deer may just be dense.

Nightson's post 131 - "keeping my vote where it is" - timing of this seems scummy.

Merkabah - Post 145, really don't like the pushing of the Reckwagon. Really read this as opportunistic.
Merkabah - Post 147. "Waiting on inHim before casting judgments on 'original thoughts'." Fluff comment. Still on 147 - Flat out don't like asking for Zazie's games. Gives impression of caring, but he's doing none of the work. Also sows seeds against crypto that I don't like. ("aloofness")

Deer - post 151. Maybe I just don't know how to read newer players. This is baffling.

Merkabah's Post 157 is just plain BS. Calling someone out for trying to direct an RP seems off. What is scummy about giving your opinion on a player? If you had evaluated ani's targets and came to that conclusion, I wouldn't be bringing this up, but instead you are just blanketing suspicion on ani, for really no reason at all.
Merkabah - Post 161. is he voting Chronopie at this point?
Chrono posts a large string that feels very genuine in motivation, and then Merk votes him in 178. A momentum killer on Chronopie's redemption, for sure. I think even crypto was starting to lighten up on Chrono (could be reading crypto wrong, but point still stands.)

Deer - Post 180. Oh my god, what the hell.
Merk - Posts 186. No.
Nightson - Post 194. More vote-jumpery.

ReaperCharlie's entrance - Post 228. Forced. Showed up shortly after Nightson posted 224. Those two are probably not partners.

Merkabah - Post 230. Strongly disagree with assessment on Chrono, particularly "Chrono's ISO 9." Chrono then explained himself very well. Also, contrary to Merk's 235, I do not read OMGUS as Chrono's intent.

luke - post 238 seems town

Dry-fit with an excellent Post 245. Really expresses what I feel on Deer.

Lowell much less scummy than my first read-through. Of those on Jack, Deer is now head of the class.

New list of BGs: Nightson, Merkabah, Deer. Well, that didn't change so much.

unvote
for a bit.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”