Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Glork »

Kdub wrote:I've never played in a game with a thief before (let alone two of them). Does it function like a role cop, or more like a roleblocker?
Glork wrote:Bill: Traditionally, Thief is an investigative role, which may or may not also be a miller. Each night, the Thief targets one player and gets information about that player's role and/or ability by "stealing" an item belonging to that person. It was designed as an alternate to Cops in flavorful games. See the wiki entry for more.

Vote Count:

Nothing.

Not Voting:

Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
DTMaster
FC Groningen
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

8 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Glork »

9u0Unoffiical FoS Count:[/u]

Antifinity 3 (bill1148, KDub, PranaDevil)
PranaDevil 2 (MehPlusRawr, Glork)
KDub 1 (Dramonic)
bill1148 1 (Chronopie)

Not FoSing: 7 (JPSalazar, Devotress, Antifinity, DTMaster, thatguy00, FC Groningen, wolframnhart)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:52 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Glork wrote:I'm considering the possibility that inHim got a partially damning result on Prana. In his very first post he states he has a "stone cold lock" on Prana as scum, and he maintains this position throughout his posts.

Prana point-blank tells him that he's an information role, and inHim denies it (as any good info role should do when confronted with their investigated guilty), but his language and adamancy make it VERY clear that Prana is scum and that inHim wants Prana dead.

UnFoS: KDub
FoS: Prana
for now... Prana's play has seemed off at times anyway, so I'm content with a bit more pressure here.
I have no idea whether InHim tried using his ability on me, I said he was likely an investigative role thanks to the fact that he said he had that "stonecoldlock" on me, despite the fact if I'm scum, Kise sent the wrong PM to me, and I know nothing about it. It seemed logical that I would assume it to be more than just him thinking I'm scum, what with the stone cold lock rubbish. I also haven't the faintest idea what he would get from my character as a thief either, so I can't even consider why, if he used his ability, he would think I was scum.

and Meh, you said I was "just as scummy" which, to me, indicates you are trying to say I have done something to show I was just as scummy, as opposed to just thinking I was scum previously and it carrying over.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 am

Post by Kise »

I'll be in Atlantic City this weekend (WOOOO!!!). Will you all be okay, vote/lynch-wise? Or should I have Spyrex get mod powers?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Glork »

Kise wrote:
I'll be in Atlantic City this weekend (WOOOO!!!). Will you all be okay, vote/lynch-wise? Or should I have Spyrex get mod powers?
Considering none of us plan on voting until we've reached a Lynch Of Suspicion, I think you'll be okay.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Now that we see that FoS won't be adding to the Count-o-Doom...

FoS: Antifinity
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Chronopie »

It'll take 8 votes to lynch, we have 10 points on the doom counter. and 2 weeks until deadline.

We have a spare to test whether or not the blind status affects doom. (ofc we should make sure that we know who is to vote/hammer so we don't hammer without testing.)

also:
Un-Fos: bill
I'm guessing that he was just saying that he believes that the killer was RB'd, not that it was necessarily Anti.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

FoS thatguy00

As i stated yesterday, I didn't like WorstExcuse, and that dislike transfers to thatguy00 until he makes me change my mind.[/b ]
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

And I hope that doom doesn't kill Dev if we get a lynch in before 10 votes. After all best way to beat doom in the game if you couldn't cure it was to beat all the enemies before the timer ran down.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Chronopie »

What I said in my last post may not be entirely valid, i.e. we may not have any spare votes, because we may have elemental *-ups.

Although we haven't had any elemental vote modifiers in play... yet.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Kdub »

inHim did seem tunnelled on Prana for much of the game, but he ended up switching to Iec. I wonder if he might have investigated Prana during N2 and then backed off because of whatever result he got? Pure speculation, I know, but if he had a "stone cold lock" due to an investigative result, why let up the pressure?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Glork »

Kdub wrote:inHim did seem tunnelled on Prana for much of the game, but he ended up switching to Iec. I wonder if he might have investigated Prana during N2 and then backed off because of whatever result he got? Pure speculation, I know, but if he had a "stone cold lock" due to an investigative result, why let up the pressure?
Two things on this:
1) inHim barely posted throughout D2, and his late vote on Iece was after the entire case had been presented. If inHim agreed with Iece being scum, then there's no reason to derail the wagon in favor of a PranaLynch at that time.
2) inHim may have been worried that he was being too obvoius, and Thief investigations aren't genreally 100% damning. I am notoriously bad at noticing Investigative tells (see Kingmaker), but I'm willing to bet that his death last night was NOT by mere happenstance.

Also, what the hell is this "investigated him N2 then backed off" business? The only strong language he used was at the very start of D1, when he (an INVESTIGATIVE ROLE) said he had a STONE COLD LOCK on someone as scum. inHim has played for like six years, there's no way he fake-breadcrumbs a result like that.

Terrible defense of your scumbuddy there, KDub.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Hey guys. Sorry about the inactivity but I'm slowly catching up in all my games. Since I'm heavily behind it's time for VC analysis to isolate the scum players.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:Hey guys. Sorry about the inactivity but I'm slowly catching up in all my games. Since I'm heavily behind it's time for VC analysis to isolate the scum players.
Protip: I hear all the cool kids are FoSing Prana and/or KDub right now.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by Antifinity »

My hard drive died :-( I'm logging I from a public comp now, but until I get it fixed, I won't be able to reply much. I'm having a he'll of a time scrolling around on this thing, but whoever has the musical notes on them has an ability. It didn't mention blocking abilities for me, but it did for you. I'm not rolefishing, or w/e, but you revealed it already to the user of the ability, and I have serious doubts a roleblocker is pro-town; so I figured I'd at least make sure everyone understands why you'll probably be NKd

If you are consdering lynching me, I feel it might help to reveal that I have no element, so votes should work as normal.

Lastly, for those who think me getting "The Music" is grounds for a lynch, in any mafia game I've ever heard of, blocking one goon doesn't negate the night kill. So either you're lynching me because you think I'm a Vig, or because you think I'm an SK, or because you think this is a very, very odd kind of roleblock.
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by thatguy00 »

Ok... getting caught up, and I'll lay my FoS down on Prana
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Post by Glork »

In other news, I have decided that KDub shall
NOT
test blindness with his vote today.

If we do get a lynch on scum, then Test Vote + 8 votes to lynch + Condemned Scum voting will kill Devo anyway.

And we definitely don't want Devo dead.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, Antifinity is definitively protown. His most recent post ("notes person has an ability") is something that he
absolutely would not post in the public thread
if he were scum. He would keep quiet and just nightkill Devo (assuming Devo doesn't die today)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 7:32 pm

Post by Chronopie »

10 - 1 Test vote - 8 votes = 1.

Doom acts on 0.

We just have to make sure that the scum doesn't have time to place a vote on someone else in the middle of the lynch chain.

But the odds of having 8 people online to chain vote like that isn't great.

You have a point Glork.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Chronopie wrote:10 - 1 Test vote - 8 votes = 1.

Doom acts on 0.

We just have to make sure that the scum doesn't have time to place a vote on someone else in the middle of the lynch chain.

But the odds of having 8 people online to chain vote like that isn't great.

You have a point Glork.
Right, it would rely on the lynchee being town (not good) or them not being online in the entire time it takes the rest of the town to wagon him to death.

Testing "is KDub blind" is not worth the risk. I am even willing ot accept that KDub got blinded, though I don't think it says anything about alignment at this point. N3 isn't a bad time to slip in a "blind your own teammate," and there is always cross-blinding as a possibility.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2010 11:06 pm

Post by Devotress »

"Guy shot musical notes at me"
"When I turned back around I had been doomed"

So I read that as the musical notes distracted me as the dooming went on, especially since I'd misremembered and thought that starbuck had been the one who recieved the musical notes too.
Too clarify.

Fos Prana

I was trying to get a prana wagon going yesterDay but the icerint wagon started up around then too.

Confession: I was sure impatient townies would sling votes around and I'd die. Now that I see town's actually cool enough to go along with the FOS thing I'll try and get my head back into playing a living players game properly here.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 12:01 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Antifinity wrote:I have serious doubts a roleblocker is pro-town
Why? I hate this "a roleblocker is mafia" viewpoint some people have, and more people should be modding with them in pro-town roles as well so we can shake of this theory that roleblockers shouldn't be on the town's side.
Antifinity wrote:Lastly, for those who think me getting "The Music" is grounds for a lynch, in any mafia game I've ever heard of, blocking one goon doesn't negate the night kill.
It depends on which goon sends the night kill as far as I'm aware. If Goon A sends the night kill, and it's Goon A who's roleblocked. Goon B doesn't turn up and go "okay, I'll do it instead", it gets roleblocked.

and Glork, like I say, I have no clue what InHim was going for, HOWEVER you have just admitted that thief investigations aren't necessarily damning, especially in a game which pretty much depends on the character you are. I have no clue what he'd have got from me (fur perhaps, I dunno), but if he did come after me, then he's managed to get the wrong end of the stick, or he just felt I was scummy by his reasoning (which is what he said later no less), which means his thief stuff is pointless as he didn't use it on me.

Either way, I'd rather us actually lynch scum today, rather than town, all things considered, and Anti's above comments don't sit well.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 3:42 am

Post by dramonic »

wolframnhart wrote:And I hope that doom doesn't kill Dev if we get a lynch in before 10 votes. After all best way to beat doom in the game if you couldn't cure it was to beat all the enemies before the timer ran down.
I'm skeptical getting to night really classifies as "beating all enemies".
Just saying.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Glork »

dramonic wrote:
wolframnhart wrote:And I hope that doom doesn't kill Dev if we get a lynch in before 10 votes. After all best way to beat doom in the game if you couldn't cure it was to beat all the enemies before the timer ran down.
I'm skeptical getting to night really classifies as "beating all enemies".
Just saying.
My Blindness wore off at the end of the day, which can be considered End-of-Battle. Same happened with Wolf at the end of D2.
Just saying.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Kdub »

Glork:
I already said it was just speculation. My opinion on inHim is that if he had some conclusive result on Prana being scum, he would have kept the pressure on during D2 and I stand by that.

Regarding testing my blindness, I'll do whatever the town wants me to do when it comes to voting.

Anti:
Who are your suspects at the moment?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”