Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Glork »

PranaDevil wrote:Glork, you're an idiot. Pro-town possibly, but an idiot still based on how you've read what I've said (and how you're missing things).
I actually laughed aloud at this sentence. Protip: Calling one of the best players in the history of this game an idiot says more about you than it does about me.

But I'm going to explain why you're an idiot, and I am not, and I'm going to do my absolute best to keep ad hom out of the rest of this post. If you are scum and are just acting the fool, that's fine. I'm going to make sure that you die, whether it's by lynch or by convincing the vig to kill you, just as they did BV. On the off-chance that you are town, the rest of this post is for you to read and think about.

You sit here and say that JP's posts can't be anything but scummy, and that shows just how mediocre your analysis skills are. If you genuinely believe that JP could not possibly have voted somebody without being scum, then you are clearly incapable of stepping out of your own shoes and into those of another player. I have already twice explained that JP's vote, and the post in which he made it, is consistent with the broader context of his play, dating back to yesterday. On multiple occasions, JP has expressed displeasure with the pace of this game:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 60#2246960
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 63#2248963
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 37#2249737
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12#2249812

Now look at his post today:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 34#2271734

Like I said, put yourself in JP's shoes for a minute. Since early in D2, you have been frustrated with the rate of play. This game is not even halfway through D3, and we are already 40 pages into it. D2 dragged on forever. But five pages, and five days into D3, nobody has placed a single vote, and you have been frustrated with the lack of progress for WEEKS.

Now, given all this frustration, the fact that we can't even get anyone to 4 FoSes (much less the seven required to "pre-lynch"), and your weeks of frustration, if you yourself were in this position, would you consider putting down a vote to incite discussion and (hopefully) a lynch?

Your posts, Prana, indicate that you don't think it's possible for someone to get frustrated with the slowness of the game to the point where they break code. However, I am capable of understanding that, if JP is frustrated town, he could very well do this. So while you sit here and say it must necessarily be scummy, I'm afraid you are sorely mistaken.

Before I wrote this up, I actually wrote up a post in which I was going to vote for you and dare you to try to get me lynched, just to prove a point. I've taken a few minutes to cool my jets a bit, and decided that's probably not the best way to get you killed today. Instead I will continue to point to your bad attacks, your bandwagony nature, your bad attacks, your unwillingness to concede that you might be wrong, and your bad attacks.

So, was JP's action stupid? Yes. It was incredibly stupid. All it did was bring suspicion upon himself and take away what little flexibility we had in proceeding with a vote. But from where I'm sitting, he did it as stupid TOWN, not stupid SCUM. You can either continue to ignore JP's past behavior and refuse to do any legwork or analysis for yourself, or you can look at the posts I linked to, think about how JP might have posted if he were veryfrustratedtown, and decide for yourself.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now. To respond to your respose:
1) Okay, so I paraphrased. You didn't say the word "will," but the manner in which you posed your argument indicates that you are basing it on a hypothetical. "Why wouldnt he do X?" is nothing more than mere speculation, and cannot be the foundation of any legitimate logical argument. Your argument is still crap, even if I didn't point that out correctly the first time around.

2) I'm not saying there isn't less posting on weekends. I'm saying "the fact that it's a weekend now has nothing to do with the fact that JP has been frustrated with this game for more than a full day cycle."

3) To re-iterate, I'm not saying I agree with what JP did. I think it was a bone-headed move. But obviously, I think he did it with good intentions, not bad habit.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 1
(JPSalazar)

Not Voting:

Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie (Voteless)
Devotress
dramonic
DTMaster
AdumbroDeus
FC Groningen

Glork
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Glork »

And since I'm in a verbose mood, I'm going to go ahead and finally make that "Why KDub is scum" case. Stay tuned, and be prepared to move your FoSes to KDub.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Glork »

Whee, KDub. Let's start with Post 111:
Kdub wrote:Iecerint, can you clarify:
Iecerint wrote:If I die, people will think I'm no good, but that's just because the real baddies haven't shown up yet. I lose my Death Miller curse after at least one "anti-town" player has flipped (counts scum, SK, cult, but not neutral survivors). If I flip simultaneous with an anti-town player before another anti-town player has flipped, I'll still be cursed, though, so watch out! (For example, if scum and me are both killed N0, we'll both flip guilty, but if scum flips guilty N0, I'll no longer be a Death Miller starting D1. If I flip before scum, I'll flip guilty.)
If you die before an anti town player has flipped, then you flip "
Ultros (Mafia)
"?
If you die after an anti town player has flipped, you flip "
Ultros (Death Miller)
"?
Does anything happen if you die first, then an anti town player flips?

I'm just having a tough time seeing this as a legitimate game mechanic. That plus the fact that Ultros is an antagonist plus the ink thing (good catch there, didn't even think about that) makes me uneasy about keeping you alive, especially since you otherwise have no abilities that would be useful to the town.

FoS: Zodiark
, all of his posts have been IIoA except for an OMGUS accusation of Glork, which clearly isn't the case.
This comes about midway through Page 5. After Zodiark recieves a little bit of attention, KDub presents somewhat of a case against him which amounts to "so far, Zodiark's posts have been information instead of analysis." Setting aside the fact that IIoA is a craptell (town do it much more often than scums do, but I will leave that debate for postgame), let's compare KDub's accusations against Zodiark with KDub's own posting up to that point.
KDub's four posts before his "IIoA" attack on Zodiark consiste of:
Saying he doesn't think Ultros would be protown (without bothering to reason out why scumUltros would fakeclaim deathmillerUltros to begin with)
Agreeng that Iece's post could have been intended as a joke, and asking for clarification
Asking Dram about his N0 softclaim
Asking Iece if there is a flavor reason Ultros could be town (without bothering to reason out that Ultros was a non-hostile NPC at the very, very end of the game, after fighting him repeatedly)
...and the first half of his Zodiark post, in which he asks Iece about flipping upon death.

So.... we have a halfassed vote with no analysis of Iece's motivations for claiming Ultros if he is UltrosScum, and a few softball questions to Dram and Iece.
Nowhere in any of those posts did KDub bother to actually explain why he felt the way he did about Iece.
Nowhere in any of those posts did KDub bother to analyze any other players' actions.
Nowhere in any of those posts did KDub really bother to analyze anything else relevant going on in the game. His posts were filler softball questions and nothing more.

Then he has the testicular fortitude to go after Zodiark (who was flaunting his knowledge of FFery for all to see) for IIoA.
Hypocrisy, much?

It should be noted that even AFTER his IIoA attack against Zodiark, KDub continues to provide any "this is why X is scum" or "this is why Y is town" kind of post. KDub's own Post 5 and Post 6 are just more general musings on game mechanics. I would love for him to explain how that was leading him to find scum, if he can't be arsed to analyze any other player's behavior.

The next significant thing KDub does is, of course, to hop on the Zodiark wagon after the latter's V/LA blunder:
Kdub wrote:Eh, jester is probably as likely as a death miller.
Zodiark13 wrote:I'm afraid I'm gunna have to call V/LA on this game for about a week, cause I'm behind on my read of this game
Devotress wrote:It's worth pointing out that zodiark has posted elsewhere on site too, in the time that he's been avoiding this thread.
Unvote
Vote: Zodiark13

I'm moving into the camp of those who thinks we should save Iecerint for tomorrow. Zodiark's play has been more suspicious.
Key things to remember here:
1) KDub is that magical fourth on a steamroll of a wagon.
2) Weaksauce reasoning provided of "his play has been more suspicious." This kind of wording positively
reeks
of "I just want to throw down some garbage 'reason' to be on this lynch."
3) After the vote, he piles onto the Zodiark push, repeating the whole "he is posting/joining other games" thing

Then we have Zodiark's first post of D2, the last part of which I will provide for you:
Kdub wrote:I'm going to stick with Iecerint for my vote. He hasn't acted particularly scummy, but he hasn't really acted pro-town either. I get a sense that he is commenting a lot on the setup, but not so much on other players. Add in the Ultros, death miller, and ink stuff and I think I'd like to see him lynched. I just know it's going to bug me more and more the longer he survives in the game.

Vote: Iecerint
Obviously the "I suspect Iece for the Ultros thing" isn't going through, so KDub changes tactics here. And what is his new tactic?
BURDEN OF PROOF.
"He hasn't acted particularly scummy, but he hasn't really acted pro-town either."
First of all, there were like half a dozen people who "hadn't acted particularly protown" at that point in the game. There were lurkers galore, and Iece was genuinely furthering discussion, which is far more protown than, for example, FC or WorseExcuse.
Secondly, IT'S BURDEN OF PROOF. KDub is basically saying "he must act demonstrably protown, or I will continue to suspect him." This is an absolutely HORRIBLE reason to vote someone, much less revive your past suspicion. KDub's clearly fishing for an alternate angle to get suspicion put onto Iece at this point.

Next we have:
Kdub wrote:
FoS: FC Groningen

His last post feels very much like him trying to "play the field", keeping as many options open as possible so he has an excuse for shifting to other wagons later on.

Still not seeing a good reason to move from Iec at the moment.
This is another somewhat hypocritical post, though not as much as the earlier Zodiark one. It's notable because if you look at KDub's posts up to this point, he really doesn't ever bring anyone else into the discussion. When I iso'd KDub, I'd had a distinct feeling that it was KDub who was playing the field, even
before
I came to this post. And if you look at the language in much of his posts, he softballs everything until he can get a feel for how the rest of the town feels about his favored people of discussion:
Kdub wrote:
Devotress wrote:That said, I'd rather try and hit another scum before Icerint if possible, because frankly, incase he's telling the truth about his death miller role It'd make analysing people's interactions in this game alot easier if we managed to hit another scum before him so we know for sure if Icerint is really scum.
I thought about this as well. If he is telling the truth, it would be better to save him until after a non-town flip. The problem is, what if he is lying scum and actually has night actions? Should we really give him another night to use them?
Kdub wrote:
PranaDevil wrote:
Starbuck wrote:How is it flimsy? Besides the flavor clearly stating it, did you not take elementary science? What happens when a lightning bolt hits ANYTHING?
That's beside the point, it's flimsy because he's claimed sodding Ramah! It hasn't been contested (and if he's lying... no, the real one shouldn't step forward until it's worth doing so), and thus he's not going to be scum in this game. Thus it's flimsy logic to focus on a good guy.
Ramuh could be a safeclaim. I'm not saying he is scum, but it's pretty weak to assume that someone is telling the truth simply because they claim a character and are not counterclaimed.
Kdub wrote:I'm moving into the camp of those who thinks we should save Iecerint for tomorrow.
Kdub wrote:I suspect Iecerint for the Ultros thing, but I don't see Glork as particularly suspicious. Can someone summarize the case on him?
Kdub wrote:Regarding the doom counter (I caught up after Starbuck died), at what point did the first few numbers appear? JP was the first to point them out in 444, but I wonder how long they had been there before he did so. It's very possible that Iecerint, Prana, and/or Glork were running the counter down quickly on purpose with their votes, and if those numbers were showing up while that sequence was going on, it's evidence that at least one of them was scum and not mentioning anything about them while voting/unvoting. I generally feel good about Glork, unsure about Prana at the moment.

Glork's Note: I include this, because he keeps "wondering" when the numbers show up without bothering to click back a couple of pages and look for himself. It's evident to me that KDub is looking for someone else to make or agree with his stance, hence why it's "playing the field."
Kdub wrote:Devotress:
I agree that if he flips as Mafia Goon, then he is not the ink source. I don't know that I would say he's not likely to be scum though.

I think that's about when I really started to suspect KDub. I just don't feel that he ever made any strong statements about anyone, but he attacked Zodiark for "IIoA," and FC for "playing the field," when I feel he has been at least as guilty as both of them. And the whole "Iece hasn't really done anything protown" is just mindblowingly bad.

So yeah. An FoS for KDub is an FoS for Progress.

UnFoS
FoS: KDub
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Glork »

EWBOP:
Kiiiiiise
, fix my quooooote taaaag pleeeeeeeeaaase.

<3
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP Again: Okay, after re-reading a bit, it appears as though I misundertsood what KDub meant by "playing the field." His suspicion of FC was because FC named like three people he was suspicious of (voted for Anti, FoSed Chrono, and said he was still suspicious of Prana). Firstly, I don't see how that's necessarily a bad thing. Hell, I've been saying I'm suspicious of like three or four people for most of D3, and you haven't yet accused me of playing the field. Secondly, it doesn't change the fact that KDub is still clearly throwing out weak, open-ended suspicion, questions, and theories to see what the town bites on or doesn't follow.
tl;dr - "playing the field" post isn't hypocritical, but KDub is still scum.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Post by Glork »

thatguy00
: Please tell us your thoughts on the game. Your predecessor did basically nothing worthwhile, and all we've gotten from you is "I'll get caught up and prolly vote Prana" and "I agree that JP's vote is anti-town."

That is some terribad, lurkeresque behavior. Big fat minus points for you.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by Kise »

I can't allow you to take up all of page 38, so.... COMBO BREAKER!!!!

Yes, I troll my own games.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Currently, I don't like Prana, especially because of this:
PranaDevil wrote:
Considering the Doom counter, it was in town's best interests to work out what to do in regards to that, and THEN move onto scum hunting, more to the point, those who don't care about the fact that, y'know, if we don't play it safe we will lose a player early (and if we do play it safe, we may, potentially, keep her around). So there's your scum hunting. Scum are the only people who wouldn't want to see a player potentially saved from dying. JP has blatantly shown to not care about that by throwing out a vote despite the fact that (at the time) to then vote in any other direction would also mean Devo could likely wind up dead.
You advocate against concentrating on scumhunting, then flip it against players who call you out on it.

Scumhunting is ALWAYS town's first priority, granted we should be talking about how to deal with it as well, but it should not distract from scumhunting, it should be a side-conversation WHILE we scumhunt. This is especially true because we don't even know if we can effectively deal with it unfortunately because we don't know the governing mechanics.

I'm gonna agree that JP's dislike of the pace suggests that it was a stupid pro-town move more the anything else at the moment, but, I'm keeping my eye on him cause I think that could change in a moment, scum likes hiding as dumb after all, and Lord knows I hate useless townies anyway.

FoS: PranaDevil

DTMaster wrote:Hey guys. Sorry about the inactivity but I'm slowly catching up in all my games. Since I'm heavily behind it's time for VC analysis to isolate the scum players.

One post... granted you're a replacement, but you've been here for a few days and there's plenty to talk about to isolate scum, so why don't I see ANY material from you?

Give us some material or get lynched for lurking.

I'll even give a topic, what do you think of JP and Prana?

thatguy00 wrote:I have to agree, I don't see why you would go an vote when it seemed to be agreed upon to let your FoS be your vote. It seems very Anti town.
Non-commital (just FoS, no vote), and no reasoning, you suspect Prana, tell me why.

Pretend there's a vote here, because it very well might be soon.

@dramonic

You have raw number of posts, but very little content to back it up, and your targets have been extremely safe.

You don't seem very committed to scumhunting,

FoS: dramonic

@MehPlusRawr
You haven't posted since thursday, what do you think of the current situation?

I really don't like inactives.
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:23 am

Post by bill1148 »

dramonic wrote:I'm not so sure bout that :S

FOS: Anti
FOS: JP

Both other lynches I could get behind
Big surprise /sarcasm
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Kdub »

Response to Glork:

Your only valid point against me is about my FoS of Zodiark. Given that it was fairly early in the game, (page 5 I believe), I don't think the fact that I had not said "this is why X is scum" is a big deal. At that point, I was asking Iecerint questions, trying to figure out whether his role was plausible or not. Maybe you don't consider it to be "analysis" (and I guess I agree with you there), but is that not useful for determining his alignment? Zodiark, on the other hand, was just making statements about flavor and not digging into how that flavor might be applicable or asking questions about Iec's role, which is where his flavor analysis would have been most applicable. So yeah, I admit I was not doing analysis of player actions, but I think it's misleading to say "Kdub and Zodiark were not providing analysis, therefore Kdub is a hypocrite" as if our behaviors were exactly comparable.
Glork wrote:Key things to remember here:
1) KDub is that magical fourth on a steamroll of a wagon.
2) Weaksauce reasoning provided of "his play has been more suspicious." This kind of wording positively reeks of "I just want to throw down some garbage 'reason' to be on this lynch."
3) After the vote, he piles onto the Zodiark push, repeating the whole "he is posting/joining other games" thing
What is so special about 4th on a wagon? Ignoring the fact that I had indicated suspicion of Zodiark a while before I actually voted him, would you have made the same case if I were the 3rd or 5th vote? And are you saying that Zodiark's active lurking was not a good reason to push a lynch? I maintain that his behavior was grounds for one.
Glork wrote:First of all, there were like half a dozen people who "hadn't acted particularly protown" at that point in the game. There were lurkers galore, and Iece was genuinely furthering discussion, which is far more protown than, for example, FC or WorseExcuse.
Secondly, IT'S BURDEN OF PROOF. KDub is basically saying "he must act demonstrably protown, or I will continue to suspect him." This is an absolutely HORRIBLE reason to vote someone, much less revive your past suspicion. KDub's clearly fishing for an alternate angle to get suspicion put onto Iece at this point.
Sorry, but your interpretation here is wrong. I am not saying "he must act demonstrably protown, or I will continue to suspect him". I am saying "he has not acted protown up to this point, and that is one of the reasons I suspect him". I don't see how you get "burden of proof" from what I said.

I will have more on other developments aside from Glork's case on me later today.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Glork »

There are always two "most common" areas where scums are on a bad D1 wagon in large games. One is that 4-5 range, where you were. The other is that ~8-9 range, where it goes from being "oh look there's a wagon on this guy" to "this guy is near lynch, let's finish him off and end this day." Your position on the Zodiark wagon, combined with your "fuel on the fire" posts afterwards and your tendency to hedge your bets by repeatedly asking the town which way you should go/think about things, is consistent with scum play.

As far as the burden of proof goes: In a vacuum, no, your wording there wasn't traditional burden of proof. But combined with your attitude towards Iece's Ultros claim, it seems pretty evident to me that you were saying "this claim makes you likely to be scum" and you are using "acting protown" as the leverage he would hypothetically need to get into your good graces. This point is strengthened by the fact that you didn't accuse ANYBODY else of being scummy due to an absence of "protown posting" -- a point which you have yet to address.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 7:25 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

JP's vote was idiotic. I like Glork's case on Kdub, but Prana is scummier IMO. Anti's calling JP scum and defending Prana is also scumscumscummy.

I just realized something- If we're going to lynch scum, what's to stop the scum from voting and unvoting and running down the doom counter themselves?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:20 am

Post by PranaDevil »

MehPlusRawr wrote:JP's vote was idiotic. I like Glork's case on Kdub, but Prana is scummier IMO. Anti's calling JP scum and defending Prana is also scumscumscummy.

I just realized something- If we're going to lynch scum, what's to stop the scum from voting and unvoting and running down the doom counter themselves?
I'd suggest when we know who we wish to lynch we make sure that everyone throws the votes on fast to (hopefully) prevent that.

Now... @Glork.

Looking at what you said, you're right, and I was possibly barking up the wrong tree with JP. I've wound up not thinking straight the past few days (real days, not game days :P) and that's clouded my judgement (not that it's been great I'll admit).

First, apologies for the idiot comment, shouldn't be posting when frustrated as it means I wind up reading things and getting more frustrated for absolutely no reason (This be a game, not something to get frustrated over).

Second, I wanted to check if unvoting and voting counted on the Doom counter (as I hadn't really paid attention to that the previous day). I found out it did, but something else stood out.

Scrolling through to find my posts I found my post 682, which states the following:
Prana wrote:unvote; vote: Antifinity

Either you want to pressure JP, or you don't, you have about half the game thinking you're scummy, and you come in and create a strawman on JP as though trying to draw attention away from yourself, only to then turn around and vote Chrono with absolutely no reasoning as to why?
Now, Anti's already been in my sights as scum from early on, but this reminded me that he was badly pressuring JP earlier, and now he saw a reason to just jump on JP and possibly push through his lynch based on that. Despite giving no good reasons for JP being scum earlier either.

unFoS: JP
FoS: Anti

Anti has been scummy all game, and is still deserving of being lynched in my eyes.

And reading Glork's post about Kdub, and I'm somewhat in agreement, though would want to go back over his posts myself before I hop in that direction, although the "playing the field" bit stands out to me, as town should keep their options open, there's no reason to not suspect everyone at least a small amount, and those you suspect more you push more. Plus we have more than one scum, so not "keeping your options open" is stupid. Why should a town player not point out others they feel are playing scummy?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Glork »

MehPlusRawr wrote:I just realized something- If we're going to lynch scum, what's to stop the scum from voting and unvoting and running down the doom counter themselves?
I actually covered this when somebody was arguing about the usefullness of a doom kill. I said that Doom was guaranteed to kill on D1, D2, and anytime we are going to lynch scum.

Everyone seemed to ignore that, though. :/
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Antifinity »

We actually did get that tested though. Chrono did a whole string of vote/unvotes and it only counted as 1 on the Doom counter. So multiple scum would have to be involved to get it run down to zero fast enough.

Also, I didn't defend Prana, I still think he is scum.

How close are we to a FoS lynch? I really wish we had a tally, because I wouldn't be suprised if we are already only one or two away on me, JP, or Prana.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Antifinity »

We actually did get that tested though. Chrono did a whole string of vote/unvotes and it only counted as 1 on the Doom counter. So multiple scum would have to be involved to get it run down to zero fast enough.

Also, I didn't defend Prana, I still think he is scum.

How close are we to a FoS lynch? I really wish we had a tally, because I wouldn't be suprised if we are already only one or two away on me, JP, or Prana.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Chronopie »

Note: All my Vote/Unvotes were in a single post. Idk if multiple vote/unvote in multiple posts would run down the counter. ofc if anyone tries that today, they're setting themselves up for a lynch tomorrow.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Kdub »

Glork:
Your "common areas" argument is very superficial. Saying that certain positions on a wagon are more likely to be scum ignores a ton of factors that are specific to each wagon, including things like the size of other wagons at the time, the timing of the votes, the relative scumminess of the other players on the wagon, etc. Making a blanket statement that certain positions on a wagon are more likely to be scum is useless unless you look at those factors. As a counterexample to your argument, one of the reasons I am somewhat suspicious of dramonic is his position on the Iec wagon. By itself, it doesn't say much, but along with the fact that he moved off another sizable wagon of another player I suspect and on to Iec at that time, I find it to be convenient timing, especially if Anti is scum. You haven't said anything about why me being 4th on Zodiark is significant in the context of this specific game.

As far as me not going after anyone else for not acting protown, nobody else in my eyes had as much objective evidence against them at the time suggesting that they were scum. Other players may not have been actively protown, but I had no other reason to suspect them so I didn't bring it up because basing a case entirely on that is weak. Your original argument against me is that I voted for him based on burden of proof, when in fact I voted for him because of his claim and flavor, and my opinion that he was not acting protown was really just a comment on his play and secondary to my main reasons. Again, I'm going to tell you that you are misinterpreting my words, but if your opinion is already set on this, I don't know what else to say to you.

Now onto other stuff:

Anti:
Antifinity wrote:I cannot imagine JPs move as anything but some sort of scum gambit to make us run down the Doom counter. I'm guessing someone else is going to "accidently" vote too, for someone else, if they want to kill off Devotress for sure. Just to keep everyone guessing, that second vote will probably be on JP, if they were really lucky, I'd have made that vote for them.

FoS JPSalazar
I'm pretty confident you're scum, but I'm willing to go through the proper process.

Also, my suspicions against Chronopie and Prana are based entirely on their behavior during the first Doom incident. Prana's behavior seems at least somewhat legit, but Chrono tried to run down the counter before almost anyone had a chance to talk, and that just isn't cool.
Uh, if someone else "accidentally" voted and caused Devotress to die because of it, they would pretty much be confirmed scum at that point. There has been more than enough discussion about it that nobody would accidentally vote at this point.

You said earlier that Prana was acting suspicious throughout the game, now it's entirely because of the doom thing? Also, I still don't understand your suspicion of Chrono. If he knew how doom worked and wanted to run the counter down, then he would have known that voting and unvoting several times in a row would do nothing, right? You are basing suspicion of your top suspect on a single post that wouldn't make sense if he were scum.

MehPlusRawr:
You have made exactly four posts in the past two weeks and all you are doing is following along with the cases on me, Prana, and Anti. Can you share your own reasons for those suspicions?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Devotress »

Glork wrote:Stuff Justifying why JP was bad town as opposed to bad scum(read his post 925 and some earlier ones too on the last page)

The problem with JP is that if he is town, he genuinely doesn't understand he did anything wrong.
This means he genuinely doesn't see how he is giving the scum a free extra kill.
Let's pretend one was in a bastard game, and there was a town alligned role, but as long as it lived, it granted scum an extra night kill. Would lynching this town alligned role be woth it to stop the scum night kill? In simple terms, that was my arguement for fosing for JP. If he's scum, he's scum, if he's town, he's the extra night kill enabler.
Just look at his last post. The only reason he's didn't vote Prana immediatly. (running counter to 8), was because he was scared people would yell at him again, not because he didn't want to run the counter again. When Prana gets lynched today, and I probably die from my doom at some point (maybe not, thanks chronopie for breaking whatever rule you did), than JP's going to feel safe that people won't yell at him again and he'll do it again.

I am still behind lynching prana too, my fos was there before jp, and that still stands, but I just think we'll regret leaving JP alive.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Unnoficial FoS count

Antifinity 4 (bill1148, KDub, JP, Prana)
PranaDevil 4 (MehPlusRawr, Dram, Adum, Devotress)
Kdub 1 (glork)
Dram 1 (Adum)
thatguy 2 (Wolf, Kdub)
JP 3 (Devotress, Wolf, anti)

Not FoSing: 2 (DTMaster, thatguy00)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 am

Post by JPSalazar »

Devotress wrote:than JP's going to feel safe that people won't yell at him again and he'll do it again.
Unlikely. People began FoSing and discussing votes, thereby breaking the standstill of this game, so I won't have to do something that is deemed "idiotic".
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Anti's calling JP scum and defending Prana is also scumscumscummy.
Glork has pointed out that you've been hypocritical and had been voting specific people based on reasons that applied to lots of people.

I've found Prana scummy for a while, and posted some of the scummy things I found in his ISO yesterday (game time).
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

dramonic wrote:Unnoficial FoS count

Antifinity 4 (bill1148, KDub, JP, Prana)
PranaDevil 4 (MehPlusRawr, Dram, Adum, Devotress)
Kdub 1 (glork)
Dram 1 (Adum)
thatguy 2 (Wolf, Kdub)
JP 3 (Devotress, Wolf, anti)

Not FoSing: 2 (DTMaster, thatguy00)

No response huh?

HoS: Dramonic

Do some scumhunting.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

Sorry, but could you clarify what HoS is?
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

HoS means Hand Of Suspicion, like an upgraded FoS
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”