NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 am

Post by vezopiraka »

@vi: Why are you accusing me of lurking? What would you expect me to post?
Making a wagon on just for my pregame posts is not helpful maybe only for the scum.

vote vi

As for the questions
1)played some games on another site. Another one here. And a lot in real life.
2)Yes I consider myself epxerienced
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
Sevis
Sevis
Goon
Sevis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Sevis »

The lack of organisation here is overwhelming. Lots of people disagreeing with each other, it's not quite what I'm used to. But, all the more fun.

SSBF still looks like a VI.
Parama looks like someone who wants to drive the game past the RVS at any cost.
vezopiraka looks mildly suspicious, but nowhere near enough for a vote.
Vi had intended to reserve comment, and then made several posts.
Seraphim was giving town vibes, but his last post seems out of place.
daniel seems to be a bossy VI. On the other hand, he's defending vezopiraka far too zealously.
LynchMePls is interesting, but I can't make any conclusions yet. Not implying he is suspicious.

Vote: daniel94581
for getting overly defensive about someone, please explain yourself.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:50 am

Post by Vi »

vezopiraka 200 wrote:@vi: Why are you accusing me of lurking? What would you expect me to post?
Making a wagon on just for my pregame posts is not helpful maybe only for the scum.
Oh, anything useful and anything to suggest that you're not just watching and reporting to the QuickTopic.

If making a wagon on pregame posts isn't helpful, why are two of the top three wagons right now SSBF and Parama? :?
vezo 200 wrote:As for the questions
1)played some games on another site. Another one here. And a lot in real life.
2)Yes I consider myself epxerienced
Oh so there's no excuse for your play then.

---
Sevis 201 wrote:Vi had intended to reserve comment, and then made several posts.
I got impatient, and I don't want the Parama/SSBF wagons to go so far that they can't be stopped given the Town reads I have on them.
In all probability I'm only going to be in this game for a limited time (never mind recent history <___< ). I don't want the scum to be able to "prepare" for me while they have daytalk.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Parama »

Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:I started to become suspcious of Parama waaaay before the game started. He started out as a /caught scum already post. Thinking it was applying to me, he responded to me. He said he wasn't talking about me. Less then fifteen minutes later, he contradicted himself by saying he was implying it to me.
It's called a reaction test, and you failed. Yes, I lied. It should have been obvious because it was heavily implied I meant you. When you eased up after this I knew I had caught scum. You didn't even ask who I said I was mentioning.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Today at 5:53 AM, before the game even got started, he begun to campaign for my lynch. This is way premature. I can understand doing it when we have a lot to go off and your reason for voting a person is legitimate, but that was pre-game, so this makes absolutely no sense.
So you're denying that anything in pre-game is worth mentioning.
What would be the point of having a pregame then?
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:
Parama wrote:We're lynching you Day 1 but I never said it had to happen quickly. Though if it takes too long I'll be pretty mad.
I noticed another contradiction here. He said he didn't want me lynched too quickly. Then why did he on the EXACT same post say that he'll be pretty mad if it takes too long to lynch? This is another contradiction.
LOL. I didn't imply any definite times, and you act like I did.
Too quickly = less than 3 days
Too long = more than a week

Contradiction =/= exist
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:He also said that he didn't like the fact I was trying to be cautious. I don't see how that's a problem. Being cautious can actually be helpful in the game. It means you're trying to think before posting and if anything, it benefits you.
Scum are the ones concerned about looking scummy. They act cautious. Townies have reason to act aggressive - it pressures the scum into slipping up. There's no reason to be cautious as town.
And you just admitted to being cautious. GG.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:He started off Day 1 with a half-assed case on me. When Vi explained what was the purpose of my vote, I said it was random, but if my vote was serious, it would voting toward Parama. He then goes to immediately accuse me of doing an OMGUS if I were to do that, which I call BS on.
You didn't give any reason to suspect me - implying you had no reason to want to vote besides me voting you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:When Seraphim and Leafsnail asked Parama to explain why I was suspicious again, Parama gave half-hearted responses multiple times. From ISO 17-21, Parama completely neglected to mention why I was scummy when they both asked.
I am lazy and hate repeating myself.
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:On top of that, out of all the people on my bandwagon (him, Unsight, Chronopie, Dr. Robotnik), no one and I mean no one has tunneled me as much as Parama. Almost all of his posts has been dedicated toward me. Most of his pre-game post were related to me in some way and I swear,
every single post
in Day 1 are in some way related toward going against me. It makes me wonder if he's even considering other suspects.
I'm tunneling to draw out scum - it works in two different way.
1. Pressure a target to see their reactions
2. See what sort of crowd the wagon attracts

Both these can be used to get reads on the player being tunneled as well as the bandwagon voters. Very nice and it's working quite well. Though with 2 scumteams it won't be quite as efficient.
Still, this works for me so I'm not going to change because you want me to.

Yeah there's a lot of pointless arguments here.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 am

Post by daniel94581 »

Vi wrote:
Unsight 175 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unsight 168 wrote:Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
"Last several games"? I thought I was supposed to be the one stalking you :?
Come on, I really don't want to have a repeat of the last game. (Unless you're scum.) What have you noticed going on ITT that scum are more likely to do?
That would depend on SSBF's alignment wouldn't you say?
No, not really. SSBF isn't the only focal point of this game.
Unsight 179 wrote:I didn't recall seeing colors in any of Vi's recent threads so it was worth asking why.
That's odd. I'm very close to a game that's
heavily flavored around
color. You can even see its effects on my wiki page. Lay off the sauce :?

---
M-Sorrow 181 wrote:So. I still am in the RVFSRS. Randomly voting for stupid reasons stage.
Please get out of it.

---
daniel94581 wrote:vezopiraka (4): askbob, Vi, The Goat, nhammen
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
Read the thread plz.
I'll go ahead and ask the obvious question

---

SSBF and Parama wagons are still the choices of n00bs and scum.
he's town confirmed for me.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:06 am

Post by daniel94581 »

Vi wrote:
Unsight 175 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unsight 168 wrote:Huh. Well, it's an observation. You didn't use colors like that in your last several games or at all in fact. Blue and purple text certainly did catch my attention though so I was wondering if that was the purpose.
Come on, I really don't want to have a repeat of the last game. (Unless you're scum.) What have you noticed going on ITT that scum are more likely to do?
Unsight 179 wrote:I didn't recall seeing colors in any of Vi's recent threads so it was worth asking why.
heavily flavored around

---
M-Sorrow 181 wrote:So. I still am in the RVFSRS. Randomly voting for stupid reasons stage.
Please get out of it.

---
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
Read the thread plz.

---

Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:06 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Just to say that Parama is reaching to a RIDICULOUS DEGREE

Also, daniel94581's attack on askbob looks bad, and defensive of someone else.

Still waiting for a response from
Chronopie
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:11 am

Post by daniel94581 »

daniel94581 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unsight 175 wrote:
Vi wrote:
heavily flavored around

---
Please get out of it.

---
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
Read the thread plz.

---

or is he now? Oh I dont have a single clue.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:12 am

Post by daniel94581 »

daniel94581 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Unsight 175 wrote:
Vi wrote:
heavily flavored around

---
Please get out of it.

---
Do you think he's scum?
If you do Why?
Read the thread plz.

---

or is he now? Oh I dont have a single clue.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Vote leafsnail

Ugh, Serial's pet hate scummy comment. Parama is reaching on page 9 before there's any real concrete information? Seriously? Maybe he should just chilll in the background and make comments like 'blah is reaching'.

Obviously he is, it's D1, noone knows anything yet so he's generating content and attacking people on whatever tells he can squeeze out.

And having said THAT, he isn't even reaching that hard. He's given us quotes, explained his motivations (analysing those who join and the reactions etc).

Earned my vote.
I'm old now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Vi »

I don't agree with SerialClergyman's reasons for voting leafsnail, but the line about daniel is bad enough that I don't mind the vote.

Unvote: vezopiraka

Vote: LynchMePlz
(L-11)
Either n00bier than SSBF, or scum flailing. Which is it?~
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:52 am

Post by vezopiraka »

I have somewhat of an inside source and I can tell you that lynchmepls is in the mafia but he's not werewolf. And no I don't know this cause I'm scum.

unvote:vi
Vote:Lynchmepls
Press ENTER.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:29 am

Post by nhammen »

@vi's questions: I have 10 completed games on site. Check wiki for more. I consider myself slightly experienced. In some games I am able to quickly catch an entire scumteam, in others I am unable to find even 1 member.

@SSBF's question: 2 most scummy players? hmmm... Well I can't say the player I'm currently voting for anymore. Lynchmepls after the latest string of posts. As for the other... askbob I guess.

@softclaims: 2 already? Seriously? Fail. Well hey, at least if lynchmepls is not Mafia, we have two liars.

unvote
vote Lynchmepls

@mod can you tell us when the scum are no longer able to talk?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:34 am

Post by LimMePls »

vezopiraka wrote:I have somewhat of an inside source and I can tell you that lynchmepls is in the mafia but he's not werewolf. And no I don't know this cause I'm scum.

Are you smoking crack vez? What inside source is this? What a fascinating development.

@Vi It's cause I'm pretty much a complete noob at forum mafia. I'm still learning, as my post answering your questions stated. I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm a noob. I am most definitely not scum though.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:36 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Vi wrote:The more Parama talks, the more I want to rescind my initial Town read on him and/or smack him through the Internet.

SSBF is most likely naive VI-Town. Emphasis on all of naive, VI, and Town.

I don't know if Chronopie is
trying
to look scummy, or if this is just normal, but stuff like 131 makes me twitch.
My favorite scumhunting tool told me "
Prediction hazy, ask again
".

But let's take a look elsewhere at what I was seeing earlier.
askbob, vezopiraka, SGRaaize, and LynchMePlz all softly egged on the SSBF wagon without actually taking the active role Parama did and/or tried to use their own "unique" brand of arguments against SSBF (askbob 65, vezo 77, LMP's MASSIVE fence-sit in 88). The chance of all of them being Town is nil.

My vote's going to the one who IMO had the most weak comments of them all
on top of
lurking in New York while not posting earlier. (I've already looked at the other games in this subforum; he's not in any of them.)

Vote: vezopiraka
(L-11)
I was only curious about SSBF being very tense, I don't actually think he's scummy, but I definitely have an eye on him
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:37 am

Post by Vi »

SGRaaize 214 wrote:
Vi wrote:The more Parama talks, the more I want to rescind my initial Town read on him and/or smack him through the Internet.

SSBF is most likely naive VI-Town. Emphasis on all of naive, VI, and Town.

I don't know if Chronopie is
trying
to look scummy, or if this is just normal, but stuff like 131 makes me twitch.
My favorite scumhunting tool told me "
Prediction hazy, ask again
".

But let's take a look elsewhere at what I was seeing earlier.
askbob, vezopiraka, SGRaaize, and LynchMePlz all softly egged on the SSBF wagon without actually taking the active role Parama did and/or tried to use their own "unique" brand of arguments against SSBF (askbob 65, vezo 77, LMP's MASSIVE fence-sit in 88). The chance of all of them being Town is nil.

My vote's going to the one who IMO had the most weak comments of them all
on top of
lurking in New York while not posting earlier. (I've already looked at the other games in this subforum; he's not in any of them.)

(L-11)
I was only curious about SSBF being very tense, I don't actually think he's scummy, but I definitely have an eye on him
Any new developments on him or anyone else?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:40 am

Post by nhammen »

LynchMePls wrote:I like this fence. I think SSBF is either scummy or over eager town, and I haven't made up my mind yet. I also think egging the whole thing on has been good for town. I'd be surprised if Parama AND SSBF are both town. I wanted to see how it shakes out.
Looks very scummy to me. It's like every sentence is its own scumtell.

@LMP if you think he's lying... why aren't you voting him?
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 am

Post by LimMePls »

He is definitely lying.

If I vote him, I'm OMGUS voting and I can't be trusted. If I don't vote him, then my not voting means I can't be trusted. It's a Catch-22. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Unvote

You happy nhammen?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 am

Post by SGRaaize »

I suspect Paramara for obvious reasons
Then, in what seems to be an overlooked suspicion, I suspect Lowell:
Lowell wrote:
vote parama
. WINCON.

I love early bandwagons, but not SSBF. Games need one or two overeager go-getters early on.
Lowell wrote:
pman5595 wrote:SSBF is idiot town, a Lowell like character (OOOOOHHH BURNNNNNEDD). Quick wagon is super scummy.
Vote: Dr Robotnik
Haha. He wishes. After all, look how hard this guy tries and still is getting lynched. I haven't done nearly as much and am basically unlynchable.
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Vi »

SGRaaize 218 wrote:I suspect Paramara for obvious reasons
Then, in what seems to be an overlooked suspicion, I suspect Lowell:
Which "obvious reasons" are those?
Why is Lowell scummy?
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:08 am

Post by daniel94581 »

vezopiraka wrote:
I have somewhat of an inside source and I can tell you that lynchmepls is in the mafia but he's not werewolf
. And no I don't know this cause I'm scum.

Some sort of cop?
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Stop using bright colors that are hard to read! D:<
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:22 am

Post by vezopiraka »

No I'm not some kind of cop. Also I'm not sure but at least of daniel or seraphim should be a werewolf.
Press ENTER.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Timeater »

Ugh, 5 pages overnight? You guys are killing my productivity.
leaf wrote: Oh, I thought by "example" you meant "For example, this is what I think now".

Nevermind.
Okay.

I initially firstvoted for SSFB to see if a wagon would grow and how it would grow. I am not taking into account "pregame scumminess" because I believe to do so is rash and overzealous, considering all the variables that can account for non-normal play in a phase like that.
vezopiraka wrote:I have somewhat of an inside source and I can tell you that lynchmepls is in the mafia but he's not werewolf. And no I don't know this cause I'm scum.

Uhhhh...wat?
SerialClergyman wrote:Timeater gets a special mention for scummy 121 as well.
Can you please elaborate on how post 121 was scummy?
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:Unvote

vote:Vi

Vi's mind games scare me quite a bit.
What mindgames? Even if you were "scared", how is that a proper reason to vote? Please elaborate.

Quick question, so sorry, but what standard role can day investigate or pre-game investigate? Follow-up when I can read more.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Vote: Seraphim
and
FoS: nhammen
because they didn't post during pre-game period.
In what way does this make them scum?

Oh,
Vi wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan 122 wrote:
and
Do you think any of the people who DID post during pregame are scummy?
Not at all. This was completely random. If I was serious, I would have driven my vote to Parama.
So why are you voting randomly, if the pregame should definitely be enough to get some real reads. You have a scum read on Parama, why didn't you vote on it?
Let's just say that I'm just getting a bit excited, that is all. I wasn't meaning to get into a super-serious argument with anyone here pre-game anyway.
Explain how this post is a scum tell. I am not seeing it.
Parama wrote:ALSO.
Vi wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan 122 wrote:
and
Do you think any of the people who DID post during pregame are scummy?
Not at all. This was completely random. If I was serious, I would have driven my vote to Parama.
So you'd OMGUS me?
Absolutely not. I have reasons for suspecting you. As a matter of fact, you're my top lynch candidate. I do find you slightly suspicious, but not enough to place a vote on.
Wait, so he's your top lynch candidate, but not quite scummy enough for your vote? Huh?

Vote who you find scummiest. Which is Parama, it seems, at this point.

--
Midnight's Sorrow wrote:IF I was half as serious as some of you guys seem to atm, I'd vote a certain someone :P

But as it stands, I WANTZ MY RV DAMMIT!!

Vote:Pomegranate

....my least favorite fruit :x

......Did I mention I dislike pmeranates yet??? o.0
Pomegranates rule. But it's fine, you can be wrong if you want to. :P

--
Chronopie wrote:It sounds like: If you quick hammer me, There's a high chance of me being town.

Lets flip that coin for a sec: If you leave me for later, there's a lower chance of me being Town...

Recruit-able Traitor?
Either that, or he's spouting garbage.
I'd go with the garbage instead of speculating about a role that changes his alignment.

--

Parama, why do you keep implying that Seraphim hasn't read the thread?

--
SerialClergyman wrote:
I'd be surprised if Parama AND SSBF are both town.
I'd be surprised if they weren't. What about the scenario of 'overeager, inexperienced town gets pounced on early by townie with a read' is unlikely to you?
Yeah, I get the Town vs. Town vibes too.

--
daniel94581, Post 192 wrote:
askbob wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:
Parama wrote:We should be lynching SSBF D1 anyways, I don't see why it's important.
If you quick hammer me, you run a higher risk of killing a townie. Let's run Day 1 ful or at least almost full course before deciding on the list.
If your town why would you say this? You're like already dead. You can claim if you want
I think I found scum
urging a roleclaim before even getting close to a lynch
How?
He wasn't urging it he was saying he could if he wanted to

Until you give better reason for voting.

vote askbob
[/b]
Okay, fine. But look at this-
daniel94581, post 193 wrote:
The Goat wrote:Good God.

SSBF and Parama, if you keep throwing off scumvibes, one of you is going to make for a VERY short D1.

Random.org says
vote Vezopiraka
Weak reason for voting remove vote now.
Wiat, and the reason for your vot wasn't weak, daniel?

--

In that case
Vote: LynchMePls

--
daniel94581 wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:
I have somewhat of an inside source and I can tell you that lynchmepls is in the mafia but he's not werewolf
. And no I don't know this cause I'm scum.

Some sort of cop?
We don't need a claim right now.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”