Mini 961: Insane Asylum II: GAME OVER :O!

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Snow_Bunny asked to be replaced here. BUT. She just posted in another mini.
Orly?
I thought she was force replaced, but even if she wasn't she's prob too busy to handle this one.

What am I missing about COUG? I only looked at his millerishism claim post which looks genuine.
So far: TAR, GLORK, MAGNUS = TOWN.
Wagon on me has scum on it. SO at least one of FARSIDE and STRANGER.
FLASH OF GREEN
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

The Twelfth "Mad Scientist" Vote Count

"They're scientists, they're somewhat scatterbrained, their practice is questionable, and they are frequently working for the bad guys, often building implausible gadgetry or slightly ridiculous superweapons. They tend to wear lab coats, have wild hair, and speak with put-on Central European accents (based on the many scientists who fled Central Europe from the Nazis and the Soviets). Sometimes they will talk like Peter Lorre, or engage in Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness. Often they will possess more than one Morally Ambiguous Doctorate. Sometimes they will consider themselves to be a certain species of rodent. Typically comes equipped with a Mad Scientist Laboratory possibly on a tropical island or in a European castle. He'll often be assisted by The Igor."

Mod Note: I'll check for prods tomorrow morning. I'm probably not going to like what I see.

0. UncertainKitten (0)
1. magnus_orion (0)
2. StrangerCoug (4): SocioPath, Iecerint, DrippingGoofball, Glork
3. SocioPath (2): Leech
4. farside22 (0)
5. Glork (0)
6. Leech (0)
7. Tarhalindur (2): Dramonic, Snow_Bunny
8. DrippingGoofball (0)
9. Haylen (0)
10. Iecerint (0)
11. Dramonic (0)
12. Snow_Bunny (4): Tarhalindur, farside22, magnus_orion, StrangerCoug

Not Voting (1): Haylen,
Snow_Bunny is at L-3
StrangerCoug is at L-3

Prod Clock (New): Off
Players still needing to respond to prod: No One

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in 6 days at 3:00 PM EST, Monday, May 24th, 2010
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Eleven posts by Snow_Bunny. That was easy :P

While the fact that she's voting the mod for a long time is alarming, the do-in seems to be the most recent post, which is essentially OMGUS on Tarhalindur, counterattacking his lurking accusation with "Even a newbie can do that." Yeah, a newbie can do that—because it's clear she's posting infrequently.

Vote: Snow_Bunny
BZZT. My case on Snow_Bunny is only incidental to her lack of activity (and only because she hasn't been posting content when she HAS been posting).

In fact, THIS vote reeks of scum motivation - I need to look at your past games now. (Could be a bus or piling on a weak townie - first instinct is the former, but I'll take a closer look.)

MFoS: StrangerCoug
Her OMGUS on you, not your case, is the primary basis of my vote. Surely she can do better than she has?

- snip -.
1) BZZT. Repeat after me: OMGUS, on its own, is a NULL tell. It's the reasoning behind the OMGUS that can be scummy.

2) Underperformance is not a scumtell - it just says that somebody's having a bad game.

There ARE good reasons for thinking S_B/Ellibereth is scum... but the ones you're pushing don't count.
Ellibereth wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Snow_Bunny asked to be replaced here. BUT. She just posted in another mini.
Orly?
I thought she was force replaced, but even if she wasn't she's prob too busy to handle this one.

What am I missing about COUG? I only looked at his millerishism claim post which looks genuine.
So far: TAR, GLORK, MAGNUS = TOWN.
Wagon on me has scum on it. SO at least one of FARSIDE and STRANGER.
On Coug: Observe the quoted post above, it should answer some things.

As for your wagon: Farside is town, but IIRC I wasn't nearly so sure about magnus when I last read him... time for a double-check.

Also, remember that there's a group of about five players (including you) where I expect one (maybe two, but doubt it) scum. You know who else is in the group. Better start convincing me which one is more likely to be scum than you are.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

magnus_orion wrote:oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you, tar, why are you so intent on socio claiming?
Tar policy is that failing to force a claim from a sufficiently large wagon is a bad idea, and thus a player who reaches L-1 (if <10 players) or L-2 (if 10 or more players) must claim as a matter of policy. (I'm not as sure about this policy as I was a few years back... especially as it relates to players I think are town... but I'd be remiss to not at least bring it up.)
User out of ambit.

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

I don't agree if the wagon backs off...
I think claiming before deciding to hammer is a good idea, but forcing a claim from anyone who was sufficiently suspicious at one point to get a strong wagon on them seems excessive.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Tarhalindur wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Eleven posts by Snow_Bunny. That was easy :P

While the fact that she's voting the mod for a long time is alarming, the do-in seems to be the most recent post, which is essentially OMGUS on Tarhalindur, counterattacking his lurking accusation with "Even a newbie can do that." Yeah, a newbie can do that—because it's clear she's posting infrequently.

Vote: Snow_Bunny
BZZT. My case on Snow_Bunny is only incidental to her lack of activity (and only because she hasn't been posting content when she HAS been posting).

In fact, THIS vote reeks of scum motivation - I need to look at your past games now. (Could be a bus or piling on a weak townie - first instinct is the former, but I'll take a closer look.)

MFoS: StrangerCoug
Her OMGUS on you, not your case, is the primary basis of my vote. Surely she can do better than she has?

- snip -.
1) BZZT. Repeat after me: OMGUS, on its own, is a NULL tell. It's the reasoning behind the OMGUS that can be scummy.
This is just semantics, but it looks a little like our definitions of OMGUS conflict. I say if you can give a legitimate reason for the vote back, it's not OMGUS at all.
Tarhalindur wrote:2) Underperformance is not a scumtell - it just says that somebody's having a bad game.
Thank you for adding to my defense against farside22 (or is something else the case?).
Tarhalindur wrote:There ARE good reasons for thinking S_B/Ellibereth is scum... but the ones you're pushing don't count.
Ellibereth wrote:Also, remember that there's a group of about five players (including you) where I expect one (maybe two, but doubt it) scum. You know who else is in the group. Better start convincing me which one is more likely to be scum than you are.
Pop quiz on myself: SocioPath, Snow_Bunny, Haylen, Leech, and I make up the five, is that correct?

If so, my suspicions of Snow_Bunny still stand (this time, I'm working on building it up instead of dropping it off), and somebody needs to convince me that Leech isn't lurking for that person to get off my mental LoS. SocioPath is still on the townie side of neutral and I don't see a case on Haylen.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Messed up the quote tags, but meh. I probably need to know how my case on SB specifically differs from Tarhalindur's.

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Tar wrote:Farside is town, but IIRC I wasn't nearly so sure about magnus when I last read him... time for a double-check.
OK
Magnus I got from that post DGB put up earlier with the pretty colors and lines and all that.
And then there were was one.
Vote: Stranger

Yeah. I'm doing the 5 stuff where the 5 are. Narrowed down to 2 though.

Psst: You need to unvote!
FLASH OF GREEN
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

L-2, so as per Tarhalindur, time for me to reveal that I am a nightkill-immune modified miller vigilante. Modified as in I investigate the opposite I normally do to any given sanity cop.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

Tarhalindur wrote:
magnus_orion wrote:oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you, tar, why are you so intent on socio claiming?
Tar policy is that failing to force a claim from a sufficiently large wagon is a bad idea, and thus a player who reaches L-1 (if <10 players) or L-2 (if 10 or more players) must claim as a matter of policy. (I'm not as sure about this policy as I was a few years back... especially as it relates to players I think are town... but I'd be remiss to not at least bring it up.)
I heard the latest rule is the person who wants to hammer ask for a claim. I swear I find it ridiculous all these rules or your scum.
I do agree that asking for a claim from someone at L-2 is odd, but this depends on to me, when deadline is and hope to get to the top 2 players you find scum to obtain a lynch. That is in games that require a majority to lynch.

In regards to post 355 from SC:
I don't see how OMGUS is a scum tell. Myself and Tar both pointed out her lack of content to the game as the biggest flag against her. I always find scum find it harder to talk about the game and players.

2) I would say it depends on the player.

As for the claim NK I typically think GF or SK, but I never see a player admit to being NK that wasn't town.
Elli's vote for SC for no reason is noted.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

StrangerCoug wrote:L-2, so as per Tarhalindur, time for me to reveal that I am a nightkill-immune modified miller vigilante. Modified as in I investigate the opposite I normally do to any given sanity cop.
I heavily suspect you are lying right now.
If you are telling the truth, you should have a good idea why.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

farside22 wrote:I never see a player admit to being NK that wasn't town.
Meaning "he may or may not be scum, but I don't think he's really NK-proof if he's scum"?

Scum claim it here and here in my experience -- accurate in only one of those cases IIRC. The believe the latter is SC (same player) doing it to look like SK to *avoid* the lynch, though.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Not really liking the SC claim.

1) It's a NK-immune claim. In current meta, NK immunity is so much more likely to be falseclaimed by scum than trueclaimed that it should be treated as the Miller ability and claimed at the beginning of the game (it's suboptimal in a vacuum since you lose the ability to block scum kills, but when the alternative is getting lynched...).
2) He's claimed killing role when I already suspect two other non-Mafia players have roles that can potentially kill.
3) Sounds like a perfect Godfather or SK role to me...

Main points for it are 1) NK-immune miller vig being a known role type of the kind UK might include in the game (considering UK comes from the Tar school of modding) and 2) correct formatting on the miller ability.

I pointed refuse to elaborate on which players I was referring to earlier. (Yet, anyways.)
User out of ambit.

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Glork »

The claim doesn't really going to do anything for me one way or another. Part of me believes that everyone can claim their own role (aside from alignment). This game is farther "out there" than most, so I'm not putting a ton of weight into judging accuracy of claims.

NK-Immune Miller Vig also has that awkward stigma of having been one of the most infamously bad fakeclaims ever, and it's something that seems to pop up in these types of games every so often.

I'd say, judge SC based on his play, and not his claim.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Glork »

Unvote
Vote: Ellibereth

Please claim, Elli. You are now at L-2.

Yes, I realize my desire to have Elli claim is in direct contrast to what I just said about them not holding much weight. But I want a claim, and possibly a lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Uh. Huh.

O.o
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:32 am

Post by SocioPath »

Glork wrote:I'd say, judge SC based on his play, and not his claim.
WE HAVE.
HENCE WHY HE HAS ENOUGH VOTES FOR A CLAIM.
(I.E. HE IS SCUM.)

THE ABSURDITY OF GLORK'S PUSH BOTH CONFUSES AND ASTOUNDS ME.

YES SB WAS UNDER SUSPICION.
ELLI REPLACES.
SC GETS ALL VOTE MOBBED.
GLORK GOES "OH NO THATS BAD OVER THERE, DONT LOOK OVER THERE, LOOK OVER HERE!"

GARBLEGARBLEGARBLE
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Iecerint wrote:
farside22 wrote:I never see a player admit to being NK that wasn't town.
Meaning "he may or may not be scum, but I don't think he's really NK-proof if he's scum"?

Scum claim it here and here in my experience -- accurate in only one of those cases IIRC. The believe the latter is SC (same player) doing it to look like SK to *avoid* the lynch, though.
I could see this ^.
It would explain in my view SC in parts. Not trying to make waves. Not pushing hard on a case. Those little things you see scum do typically.
I'm going to see what Elli claim's I feel he is scum too.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 6:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Post #366 is genius. GENIUS.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Ellibereth »

farside wrote:Elli's vote for SC for no reason is noted.
I had one. I thought everyone else on me was town.

I'm a Nurse. I get the sanity of the first doctor killed.
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:

Nothing OMGUS about that vote at all. :roll:
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Ellibereth »

You know I've used that logic before. Now just because I'm using my own wagon instead of someone else's it's OMGUS?
FLASH OF GREEN
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Ellibereth wrote:You know I've used that logic before. Now just because I'm using my own wagon instead of someone else's it's OMGUS?
How is it OMGUS when it's someone else's wagon?
If you actual read what's going on most of the wagon that was on bunny was there because of her lack of comment about the game at large.
Plus she attacks the weakest person (CSL) who is always useless in the game. So forgive me for not being oh wow Elli is so town right now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Ellibereth wrote:

BULLSHIT.

I will be extremely, EXTREMELY surprised if this claim is real - especially since you should have claimed that somewhere else if that were your real role.

LOCK ON: Ellibereth
User out of ambit.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

^ Uh. Whyzat?