Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 8:51 am

Post by Katsuki »

I am willing to lynch me=weird because it does not seem it will ever be willing to provide anything of use, nor scumhunt. Constantly finding excuses to disappear is not something I usually tolerate.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 9:09 am

Post by Stef »

Right... took me long enough but I'm finally posting.

First of all @Empking: I'm not ready to lynch ANYBODY yet. We've still got 3 days of discussion. Also, claims D1 are useless and can only hurt the town imo so no, I don't think he should claim.

Now to address the points I think need addressing:

1. Zodiark13 needs to be replaced unless he starts playing seriously. It's absurd considering he had 3 posts so far, 1 confirming, 1 not saying much and 1 saying that he has nothing to say. This is hurting the game.
MOD: Please do something about this

As much as I would love to, I can't do anything else but to look for a replacement (which I'm doing right now. So hold your pants till then.)

2. Unsight: Meh...

This post is basically jumping on a wagon without adding anything new.

This post is very scummy. Not very pro-town as deadjoker's post could have been I don't see how it is lynch worthy at all. Seems to be trying to make something out of nothing. This I don't like. Also asking someone who is scum? Is that supposed to be scum-hunting?

In this post unsight says, and I quote,
How do you feel about Me=Weird's play so far and his wagon?
I think this is odd considering unsight never said anything about me=weird.

What follows is a load of nothing which consists of 0 scum hunting until this post where a beautiful OMGUS is performed without having any strong basis and while other big things were happening like the katsuki situation.

Ironically enough, in this post unsight accuses Amish_Charney of jumping on all of the bandwagons. This is ironical because Unsight's first vote was a hop in a bandwagon and considering she has made it a job not to comment on ANY bandwagons or cases made so far in the game while only picking on little irrelevant things.

In this post unsight says, and I quote,
You're doing more lurking/watching than actively looking for scum.

Is this looking for scum? His whole case (the only one so far) is made against the first person to seriously vote for her and is based on Amish_Charney's lack of scumhunting and his vote against her. These are the two things that make Unsight say that a player is
SCUM

------------------------------------------------------------------

To sum up, no scum hunting, avoiding all major subjects in the game, jumping a bandwagon without adding anything useful, OMGUS vote, a case against someone based on nothing, "nothing" that is important enough to brand someone as being
scum
and inflating every little detail to mammoth proportions while ignoring the rest of the game. This, for me, is a big, fat, red flag.

3. Me=weird: let's see...

Won't do a pbp analysis... not much to look at. The policy lynch post was bad, the defense for it was flawed. Not much else to be honest... a lot of inactivity and some bad reasoning is all I see here, maybe it's just me. He strikes me like a mid-scummy inexperienced player who doesn't care much about the game. Don't think that being inexperienced is an excuse for anything but still don't see WHY he is #1 for so many people. Ironically, his last post is the scummiest thing he said so far imo. Seriously? Something that is happening in 7 freaking days is preventing you to post now when you are at L-2? Anyway, going back, I still don't see why he is suspect #1. My guess is opportunistic scum + lazy town on the wagon.

P.S. Me=weird: If you are so busy that you can't make a decent post or if your interest in this game is so low please replace out of the game instead of hurting it more by staying. We already have a player who doesn't contribute anything, we don't need two.

4. Katsuki:

a. You still haven't answered me after putting me off 3 times.
b. Your vote is still on Empking, do you think he is scum? Why?

Not gonna do a PBP for him either. Not much to add except:
* no hunting whatsoever
* picking on the largest bandwagon
* only vote so far on the person who has been on his ass the most
* seems to be laying low and it's working apparently

5. horrordude0215

FFS, vote on Me=weird since RVS. Please, suspects so far? A case on someone? Anything?

6. Exemption
Also why would I lurk to let the heat drop? As you prove doing that hardly works does it.
It works unless someone picks up on it and plenty of times someone can lurk to let the heat drop quite successfully, that is why I try not to let it happen in the games I play in.

7. Pman

Defending katsuki, jumping on a bandwagon taking that player to L-2 with the following reasoning: Your logic is flawed, you are scum, you must die. Nothing else.

To sum that up... I think unsight is the scummiest player atm so I'll act accordingly.
unvote, Vote: Unsight
FOS: Pman

Now... to address some other things:
@Soundwish, Exemption: Considering Me=Weird is at L-2, do you want him lynched?
Do you suspect anyone else considering there isn't only one scum in the game? If yes then who and why?

@pman5595: Bad logic => scum? Also, who else do you suspect? Why?

@Amish_Charney: You are aware that you need to unvote for your vote to be valid, right? :)

Also, who else besides unsight do you suspect, why?

To close: Please, do not lynch anybody before someone has to be lynched. No point in rushing anything D1, it is a time to discuss, discover, build and think, not to rush towards a lynch. This, however, does imply that people need to actually post content.

Will try to post everyday considering we're getting close to the deadline.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Stef »

Katsuki wrote:I am willing to lynch me=weird because it does not seem it will ever be willing to provide anything of use, nor scumhunt. Constantly finding excuses to disappear is not something I usually tolerate.
Wait, in other words you think we should policy lynch Me=weird? LMAO
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Katsuki »

Stef wrote:
Katsuki wrote:I am willing to lynch me=weird because it does not seem it will ever be willing to provide anything of use, nor scumhunt. Constantly finding excuses to disappear is not something I usually tolerate.
Wait, in other words you think we should policy lynch Me=weird? LMAO
Is that policy? I see him as purposefully avoiding posting and flinging votes around. His only contribution thus far if I remember was the lone policy lynch for me.

I still need to go back and analyze.

@Stef: Didn't I respond? I thought I did. I'll go look in a bit (watching game atm).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Me=Weird »

Exemption wrote:
Me=Weird wrote:
Mod: Prod on zodiark13 please, it's been 5 days since his last post.
Sorry guys, have to help set up for horse show in a week.
Wait you have time to workout how long it has been since zodiark13 has posted but don't have enough time to post anything that comes close to a defence.
I was doing an ISO for a possible case, which is hard to do as he has 3 posts. And yes I did have to help get ready for a horse show in a week!! Yes katsuki, that does equate to policy lynch. Amish, I believe you voted unsight but forgot to unvote. Please do unless you've changed your mind again. And a defense against what? It's not like anything I can say is going to save me.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Apparently I never posted, my apologies. I had the following saved in notes though.
Stef wrote:
First Katsuki:

He dismisses
a vote
as being invalid because, and I quote, "You are also basing your argument off of the fact that I was reacting to soundwish's vote as serious, which I did not do"
No I did not dismiss a vote. I was dismissing basis of empking’s argument. If you did not notice, he started by building his case off of almost nothing, then used posts and facts that came after his initial vote and argument as a means to justify his actions prior to the support he is using even came out. I am not sure if this is clearly worded, but essentially, the evidence he is using for the base of his arguments came out after his argument, and as such, how do you base an argument off of information you did not have?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Unsight »

@stef

* Pretty much. Wasn't much to go on so I put my vote where it looked most useful.

* deadjoker's post felt very disingenuous. Going to such great lengths to explain what was essentially a null tell was useless. Lots of words with little content. And the second to last paragraph was basically telling pman to go bark up another tree.

* No one has asked me about Me=Weird and I was pursuing my suspects, not dropping random commentary. Mentioning policy lynching isn't a scumtell and the only post that has really caught my attention was this one where he talks about multiple mafia factions. I skimmed the OP and the thread title never clicked for me so I had to go reread the OP to see what he meant. That one sentence almost comes off like a "get me, not them" moment but that's a really weak vibe.

* 100 wasn't OMGUS. My questioning him in the beginning was a direct result of suspicion (brought about by his low post count, lack of questioning, and overall weak presence in the game). After deadjoker came back with reasonable answers to my questions, I moved my vote to my next suspect. Him having voted me while pursuing deadjoker doesn't make it OMGUS. It's difficult to see how you could read both our conversations and come to that conclusion.

* I put a 2nd vote on someone as we exited RVS. AC put a 4th vote on someone well out of RVS and with hardly any explanation. Exemption was a good place to leave a vote while I looked for suspects since his behavior was erratic. Me=Weird is possible lynch and AC was pushing him one step closer with a one sentence justification. These are very, very different situations which is why one is potentially wagoning while the other isn't.

* I don't even know how to address this point. You're choosing to ignore all my points in saying I'm not scumhunting. At the same time, you didn't review AC and completely ignored deadjoker in your post. It all seems oddly selective.
Games are meant to be fun.
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Unsight »

Empking wrote:Stef, Katsuki, DJ, Unsight:

1. How willing are you to lynch me=weird?
2. How willing to lynch Katsuki?
3. Do you think me=weird should claim?

(Deadline is pretty soon BTW)
1. Not feeling the Me=Weird wagon. As I said above, only the part where he mentions two scum factions really stands out to me. However, that's probably partially because I missed that by not reading the OP's flavor.

2. I've got a town read on Katsuki from this post. Feels very genuine to me so I'm very much against lynching him atm.

3. I think asking someone to claim before L-1 is rolefishing and putting someone at L-2/L-1 only to ask for a claim is scummy IMO.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

-Vote Count-

Amish_Charney (1) - Unsight
Zodiark13 (0)
pman5595 (1) - deadjoker
Unsight (1) - Stef
horrordude0215 (0)
Soundwish (0)
Katsuki (3) - Zodiark13, Empking, Me=Weird
Stef (0) -
deadjoker (0)
Me=Weird (5) - horrordude0215, Soundwish, Exemption, Amish_Charney, pman5595
Exemption (0)
Empking (1) - Katsuki

Not voting - No one

Me=Weird
is at L-2.

It's seven to lynch.

Deadline is on 19 May 2010. Only
3 days
left.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Stef »

Snow_bunny: Zordiak has not posted in the last 6 days, I have mentioned this in my last post, please do something about this, thank you

I've prodded him twice, and now I'm looking for a replacement.
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:32 am

Post by Soundwish »

Hey, my exams are now over for the summer, so I am going to reread the game and give a more thorough post on my thoughts at this stage.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Stef »

Mod: Given the circumstances, could we please get an extension to the deadline? Thank you
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 10:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Back From V/LA and checking all my games. A post should be up today or tomorrow.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
deadjoker
deadjoker
Goon
deadjoker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by deadjoker »

Stef wrote:
Mod: Given the circumstances, could we please get an extension to the deadline? Thank you
I second this request. We have a few candidates who need to be replaced and finals week has caused this game to come to a grinding halt, yet again, even after stef's wall of text which should have breathed some life into this game.

@Me=Weird: How do you know there are two factions? After reviewing the flavor text it only mentions "not a single" faction, but doesn't definitively say if it is two scum factions. This could potentially mean you know how many players are on a scum team, or were given more information on the makeup of the game in your scum role pm.

fos Me=Weird
This, added with your mention of a policy lynch, is making you scummier in my mind.
So much for the thereafter.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Post by Empking »

Me=Weird: If your a power role claim now. (If we don't get a deasline extension.)
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:07 am

Post by Me=Weird »

deadscum wrote:@Me=Weird: How do you know there are two factions? After reviewing the flavor text it only mentions "not a single" faction, but doesn't definitively say if it is two scum factions. This could potentially mean you know how many players are on a scum team, or were given more information on the makeup of the game in your scum role pm.
I just thought that meant there were two scum teams. To me, a faction is a scum team, so two factions would mean two scum teams.
stef wrote:Mod: Given the circumstances, could we please get an extension to the deadline? Thank you
I third it.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Soundwish
Soundwish
Townie
Soundwish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Soundwish »

So, first thoughts upon looking over the Me=Weird wagon, considering he is closest to lynch with 3 days to go, is that while I still have issues with the policy lynch post and the empty promise of a pman investigation, Exemption and deadjoker's positions on the wagon look scummy.

Mod:
I would like to fourth the request for a deadline extension. If it is granted, I will move my vote to either Exemption or deadjoker (have not decided which one I dislike more yet). If it is not, then I would not object to a Me=Weird deadline lynch.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:22 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Stef wrote:FFS, vote on Me=weird since RVS. Please, suspects so far? A case on someone? Anything?
Yeah, Sorry about that. I do still suspect Me=Weird for obvious reasons (I'm not just gonna parrot everything). But I also suspect AC because I really like the case Unsight put up against him on the last page, and the fact that he was specifically ignoring parts of her posts seemed rather scummy to me.

I also suspect you, Stef. In your entire post, you mentioned AC once, and that was to tell him that he had to unvote before he voted. You didn't mention if you thought he was scummy or not. Why were you avoiding discussing this? Hell, why were you avoiding discussing the other 4 people in the game other than you?
FoS: Stef

I would also support a deadline extention
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:22 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Ok, I'll give you a small deadline extension of one week. Use it well. Oh, and I'm yet to find a replacement for Zodiark. New deadline is on 26 May 2010.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Unsight
Unsight
Goon
Unsight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Unsight »

More time = time for rereading ISOs.

@Empking - You haven't mentioned anyone other than Katsuki and Me=Weird so far. Anyone else stand out so far?

@pman - What are the "extreme circumstances" that warrant a policy lynch?

@stef - No comment on my response to your wall'o'text after two days?
Amish_Charney
Amish_Charney
Townie
Amish_Charney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Post by Amish_Charney »

Maybe I'm just not very good at this game, but I'm not seeing anything particularly scummy from people other than Unsight and Me=Weird, iand obviously Zodiark- but I'll withhold judgment until the replacement rears his head. I went through pman's posts, didn't really see anything that stood out, I don't think there's much inherently scummy about his defense of Katsuki, or much else.

Katsuki's done very little scumhunting, but I think that's more due to being on the chopping block than anything else. And I'm getting town reads from Soundwish and horrordude.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by Stef »

horrordude0215 wrote:
I also suspect you, Stef. In your entire post, you mentioned AC once, and that was to tell him that he had to unvote before he voted. You didn't mention if you thought he was scummy or not. Why were you avoiding discussing this? Hell, why were you avoiding discussing the other 4 people in the game other than you?
FoS: Stef

I would also support a deadline extention
I only mentioned people who tripped my scumdar. Why would I write analysis's for people who don't? It's like saying "look, this idiot discussed half the players in the game and left out another half" while most players only discussed a couple. According to your logic you should FOS everyone, including yourself.

@Unsight: wasn't aware I had to comment your post.
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Stef wrote:
7. Pman

Defending katsuki, jumping on a bandwagon taking that player to L-2 with the following reasoning: Your logic is flawed, you are scum, you must die. Nothing else.

@pman5595: Bad logic => scum? Also, who else do you suspect? Why?
Me=weird is giving a gut noobscum tell to me. Policy lynching is never a good option, and always a last resort. Him bringing it up as early as he did seems like scum looking for an easy lynch, without much info given from day 1. Also, if Me=weird is scum, katsuki is almost certainly town, as scum just wouldn't suggest a policy lynch on their scumpal. It is bad logic AND scummy. As for others: the little argument between Unsight and AC is insightful, but I cannot figure out which one is scum. I read the points of each and go "oh right, the other is scum" >.> One is most likely scum.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by pman5595 »

Unsight wrote:@pman - What are the "extreme circumstances" that warrant a policy lynch?
blatantly working against one's win condition.
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Glad we got the extension. Will be posting some stuff in the near future now that I have time before deadline.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a