Newbie 940 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Haylen »

Im here Im here! I just got back from an exam lol.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

Haylen wrote:Im here Im here! I just got back from an exam lol.
Though that is an interesting point I'm not sure I'm totally sold on your case, could you try rephrasing it for me as I don't think that actually qualifies as a scumtell on that playerslot.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

Hello. I am the replacement.

I've been reading from the first post, and I'm still on page 9... :eek:

So much catching up to do. I guess I deserve it for taking on a 22-page game.

I hope to have impressions, notes, answers, and all that good stuff soon... as soon as I finish, as soon as possible. D:
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

@silverbullet - you were pressing for a hohum lynch at the end of Day 1, now you're on the NS wagon. What changed between then and now to shift your focus?
Umm... at the end of day 1 I was fine with the hiphop lynch. I didn't like Die's actions in the first day. A lot happened that first day also. I'm still suspicious of Haylen's "mistake" vote as it's hard for me to believe it was done by accident in a way. Hohum went with an interesting approach against haylen... sort of like mine but in a much much more "dramatic" way so to speak and I'm not sure if he's just trying to make haylen look scummy or what. NS's actions overall have been suspicious to me. I have had to constantly remind him to answer my questions and he seems certain that I'm scum. The way he's acting makes me feel like he's hiding something or something of the sort. I still cannot contemplate the reasoning as to why someone would say think carefully like that unless its thrown as a threat or as arrogance. However... when did the NS wagon start... or is my questioning along with yours on NS wagon hopping to you..?
... People were right it seems....
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:46 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Haylen - 2 (hohum, Thor665)
hohum - 1 (Haylen)
Equinox - 1 (Nachomamma8)
silverbullet999 - 1 (Nobody Special)
Nobody Special - 1 (silverbullet999)

Not Voting - 1 (Equinox)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Saturday, May 29.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

silverbullet999 wrote:Umm... at the end of day 1 I was fine with the hiphop lynch.
That may well be, but you were voting hohum.
silverbullet999 wrote:However... when did the NS wagon start... or is my questioning along with yours on NS wagon hopping to you..?
A wagon starts, in my mind, with the very first vote cast.

I'm asking you about your suspicions because at the end of Day 1 you were voting hohum and at the start of Day 2 you voted NS. I am curious what changed your mind as to who was more scummy.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:42 am

At the end of Day 1 I had suspicions more or less of Die Pred, who didn't answer my questions when he replaced. So I threw my vote on him. When the wagon on hiphop started and the deadline got closer, It seemed likely that he would be the one who got lynched, thus I didn't feel a need to change my vote. (I didn't want to hammer him because I also wanted to hear his final words so to speak). At the start of Day 2 hiphop turns townie and I'm not sure what to think as haylen's action of hammering hip came as a bit of a surprise and mightily suspicious. Then the "war" between her and hohum started and I was a bit suspicious of both. Then NS comes and makes accusations on me which is fine, I react and ask him questions, his reaction makes me mightily suspicious. It might be more of a gut read but to me NS seems to be trying to divert attention away from himself and is trying to start a wagon on me. His whole attitude to me seems confident bordering on arrogant and the way he has worded things just gives me that reaction even more. It also doesn't help that I have to constantly remind him to answer my questions. To sum it up, I was suspicious of die which held over through day 1, other actions made me suspicious of other people, NS though is the one I suspect most from his actions and attitude.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Nobody Special »

silverbullet999 wrote:-NS
For one, the constant let's not answer my questions until I remind you is how you say "flailing" I guess? Either way it's getting scummy.
Not a threat; just wanted you to think carefully before making up some wild, off-the-wall answer (if you are, indeed, scum, which I fully believe you are).
I have a HUGE problem with this. You want me to think carefully of my answer. If it was wild and off-the-wall that would make me seem even more scummy and you believe I'm scum. So... you are encouraging me to not act like scum... even though you think I'm scum and want to prove I'm scum? That's certainty anti productive in my eye and a very scummy action.
And yes, I think that what you did was "flailing" -- it's my opinion, and any amount of questioning from you isn't going to change my opinion. Sorry.
Could you better define flailing? Is it how I defined it as above?

I'm not sure that I see, exactly, where you think I've "slipped" or said anything I didn't mean to. Can you clarify?
I mention this above... There are one of two reasons that I could ever see someone warning another to think carefully. Either A. They are incredibly arrogant and full of confidence that they feel that no matter what they will prove their case (ala you will prove that I am scum no matter what because of your amazing case). Or B. Your scum a newbie scum mistake because you know you have power to kill me off at night, if you don't end up getting lynched yourself.
I was only trying to caution you to think prior to answering and not go into another "OMG RAGERAGE" like you did on Day 1. That's all.

I'm pretty confident that you're scum, yes; I've seen patterns like this before with new players who get a scum role and, essentially, flail. I can't think of a better word for it. As for Option B, no, I'm not scum, and no I can't kill you tonight, so you can rest easy there. And I
hope
I don't get lynched, but if I do, I'll go down trying my best to find scum. (That would be you, in my mind right now, and another partner.)

And I'm sorry for not answering your questions just the moment you post them, but I do have a life outside of mafia, and I've recently been coming up on a lot of deadlines in my work, so I'm here as frequently as I can be. I do need to re-read the thread, though, and start looking for my second-most suspect.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:14 am

I was only trying to caution you to think prior to answering and not go into another "OMG RAGERAGE" like you did on Day 1. That's all.

wait wait wait... now your saying that you were afraid that you asking who my top suspects would be... would have me fake flip out on you? (or real if you didn't believe that post was a plan)?
I'm pretty confident that you're scum, yes; I've seen patterns like this before with new players who get a scum role and, essentially, flail.
You keep bringing this up... where is the flailing ns? Please quote
And I'm sorry for not answering your questions just the moment you post them, but I do have a life outside of mafia, and I've recently been coming up on a lot of deadlines in my work, so I'm here as frequently as I can be. I do need to re-read the thread, though, and start looking for my second-most suspect.
Ummm no need to apologize as I don't mind at all that you don't answer my questions the moment you post them, I have a life too ya know. What you have been doing is posting AFTER I ask the question, therefore completely ignoring the question... prompting me to remind you to answer it.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 am

The moment i post them,* sowwis
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

Sorry, last minute question for NS though.

Since you're appealing to AOE, how many games have you played, just curious?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Posting to stay in the game.
Limited access is preventing me from posting anything meaningful, but I'm still here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

Good gawd - no conversation and pretty much everyone is voting the person currently voting them. I'm finger of suspicion-ing the whole lot of you OMGUS crazed mimes.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

silverbullet999 wrote:Sorry, last minute question for NS though.

Since you're appealing to AOE, how many games have you played, just curious?
I'm not going to just quote a number because I don't know how you want to count (finished, ongoing, etc.).

All my games are on my spiffy wiki page. (Except the one that's supposed to be starting today or tomorrow; haven't gotten that in there yet.)

Will do a thorough re-read of this thread sometime today and will re-apper with questions probably late tonight.

Also, agree with Thor (for myself included) -- we need to step up the activity here.

@Mod: Can you prod Haylen, hohum, and Equinox?
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Ack -- I did it
again.

SB --

No, I didn't think that anything I would do would
make you
flip out, fake or otherwise. I was just trying to help. You're making much more of this than need be.

The flailing is mainly the RAGERAGE thing. It's more of a gut read than anything; it's not like I can point to a specific post or series of posts and say "There! That's it!"

Also, I seriously think I have adult-onset ADD. I do this a lot (posting and not addressing things that have been mentioned). (Not excusing my behavior, just noting that I'm aware of it and will try to make it better.)
....what?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm still here. I just haven't posted because I don't want to jump in without getting a big picture of how the game went from the beginning to the present. I apologize it's taking so long; I had a few things that happened yesterday, so I didn't get as much reading done as I could have, but I'm definitely working on that full-speed today.

I'm
almost
grateful that you guys are not really posting, just mentioning V/LAs or "I'm here; don't poke me." Almost. I know I'll regret feeling this way later... Heh.

I did see this, though, and I want to address this now in case anyone is still interested. That way, I can do this while going through the thread, thus cutting time.
Sauron wrote:Anyway, first things first, someone did this in the last game I played and I found it to be rather helpful, so here's a tracking of the votes people have made. It obviously gets more useful in later days, but even glancing at it now I think I've noticed a few patterns to check out.
Are you guys still interested in using this spreadsheet to track voting patterns? I can continue the practice if at least one person is using it.

Might as well say this too:
Thor665 wrote:@Equinox - welcome to the game, as you read up I'd like to hear your read on the Haylen/hohum interactions (started roughly at the top of pg. 19).
I saw this when I looked at the thread a while back -- way before I had any intentions to replace -- and I thought it was... well, interesting. I wasn't paying attention to the game; it was just something I happened to stumble upon while browsing, so, just a disclaimer, there was no context for me while I was reading it.

I didn't think anyone could get so personal playing Mafia. I thought hohum was taking it too far for it to be a real reaction fish, but there's probably more to it than that. I'll address this again in more detail later.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 am

Post by Haylen »

My second suspect is NS. Everything about why I think he is scum has already been said. I would be happy with a NS lynch today but I would be even more happy with a Hohum lynch (who seems to have gone into hiding.)

Is it exam time for everyone else too?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:26 pm

I feel like Thor on Day 1.... well not really... but read your sections... or else!

NS-
No, I didn't think that anything I would do would make you flip out, fake or otherwise. I was just trying to help. You're making much more of this than need be.
Why are you trying to help me out if you think i'm scum? I really don't think I'm making much more of this than need be.
(Not excusing my behavior, just noting that I'm aware of it and will try to make it better.)
Good boy and you get a cookie for catching yourself :D

-Equi
Good job catching up and please do tell your deeper reading on hohum

-Haylen
-
My second suspect is NS. Everything about why I think he is scum has already been said. I would be happy with a NS lynch today but I would be even more happy with a Hohum lynch (who seems to have gone into hiding.)
Could you quote the reasons or restate the reasons why you think he is scummy? Why do you want to lynch NS today when we still have 9 days left to gather info?

-Thor
Good gawd - no conversation and pretty much everyone is voting the person currently voting them. I'm finger of suspicion-ing the whole lot of you OMGUS crazed mimes.
Start asking questions as to why everyone is going crazy voting for everyone else! To refresh my memory, who are your top two suspects atm and why (if they haven't changed)?

-Nacho
Posting to stay in the game.
Limited access is preventing me from posting anything meaningful, but I'm still here.
Get Unlimited access so you post meaningful stuff!

-Hohum
Get online and answer your questions... if you don't post in 2 days, i'm voting you simply for not being around and not defending yourself.

Did I get everyone?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Thor
Start asking questions as to why everyone is going crazy voting for everyone else! To refresh my memory, who are your top two suspects atm and why (if they haven't changed)?
Meaning if they have changed I shouldn't say anything?

Also, though I find amusement in your initial demand I will note it is not my sole job to ask questions of everyone all the time - your current post is a step in the correct direction if you want to generate more discussion but simply requesting others to do it is intrinsically silly. (also I did just ask a brace of questions like 2-3 posts ago, so I feel I'm on top of this)

As to my suspicions currently I would say it's;

Haylen/hohum - probably one of them is scum to my mind. I'm currently voting Haylen but will admit I'm almost talking myself out of my current vote because her hammer vote almost seems too overt to actually be scummy. That said I'm happy to have a vote on one of them and haylen is as good as hohum at this stage to my mind.

I also have a bit of skeevishness towards Nacho for his current voting methods. That said I've lynched him before where the lynch involved claims of lurking and avoiding commentary and he was town then. That said, it's still anti-town actions even if he is a pro town slot so I want him on my radar because his current play style pleases me not at all.

I'm mildly feeling scum on Sauron/(new player whose name I'll eventually learn) but it's a pure gut read.

That's my current top suspect list and "cases".
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

@SB: I can't
not
help people. It's my nature. (I'm going to be an IC as soon as I get an available game slot. Thus, the helping thing.)

Thanks for the cookie!

@Equinox: I like the spreadsheet, but if it's a bother, don't worry about it.
....what?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by Equinox »

Warning: No game content.

Nobody Special wrote:@Equinox: I like the spreadsheet, but if it's a bother, don't worry about it.
It's not a bother as long as it helps someone hunt down some scum. :P

I'll get right on that. I think I'm at the point where Sauron stopped, so I should have no issues continuing.

Oh, yeah. Progress update. 15 pages of Day 1, and most of those are like huge walls. I'm willing to bet that if I printed out this game, it'd be as big as the California Vehicle Code...

Enough jabbing. I'm hoping to finish by tomorrow, but I'll definitely have something by Saturday at the latest. I'm trying to get this catch-up reading done as fast as possible.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:18 pm

-Thor
Also, though I find amusement in your initial demand I will note it is not my sole job to ask questions of everyone all the time - your current post is a step in the correct direction if you want to generate more discussion but simply requesting others to do it is intrinsically silly. (also I did just ask a brace of questions like 2-3 posts ago, so I feel I'm on top of this)
I was more or less jokingly telling you to : P
Haylen/hohum - probably one of them is scum to my mind. I'm currently voting Haylen but will admit I'm almost talking myself out of my current vote because her hammer vote almost seems too overt to actually be scummy. That said I'm happy to have a vote on one of them and haylen is as good as hohum at this stage to my mind.
Are you only suspicious of Haylen from her hammer vote or more? Are you only suspicious of hohum for his attack on Haylen or more? (You don't have to get into very specifics if you don't want to)

-NS
Thanks for the cookie!
Your welcome!
I can't not help people. It's my nature. (I'm going to be an IC as soon as I get an available game slot. Thus, the helping thing.)
Meh, it's not good to help everyone unless you are IC or the other position thingy. Could you by chance link to your other games, and if you are feeling very generous/adventurous, link to where you are being helpful?

-Equi
Keep it up! If you don't have something by Saturday though, I'll be a sad panda.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Thor665 »

silverbullet999 wrote:Are you only suspicious of Haylen from her hammer vote or more? Are you only suspicious of hohum for his attack on Haylen or more? (You don't have to get into very specifics if you don't want to)
Haylen, as discussed earlier, for her hammer and poor logic push on hohum.
hohum for basically the very oddly harsh nature of his push on Haylen and his instant assaults on anyone who so much as questions anything he does.

Both of them for lurking :wink:
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by hohum »

I'm not lurking so much as not posting anywhere on site at all. I've been traveling but I've been hesitant to replace out because I'm actually quite interested in this game. I've said this once before and failed to follow through but I do intend to post something of substance here in the next 24 hours.

I'm just REALLY tired tonight. I will wake up early tomorrow morning and post though.

Also: the bahamas really is the closest thing to paradise.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by hohum »

For the record: after reading thor's latest posts I'm calling Thor+Haylen now. More to follow shortly.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”