NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Right now what I want most is a response to my post from vezopiraka. Since I haven't yet gotten that, I'm going to make furthur comment on the Seraphim/Daniel/vezopiraka mess.

After vezopiraka's super scummy post, Daniel came out and asked him to roleclaim, which several people got on his case for. Now why would he do that?

According to Seraphim, the three of them are masons, and neither of the other two have contradicted this. Therefore I think we can be sure that those three are a team of some sort.

Daniel therefore should have already known vezopiraka's role, or at least believed he did. This means he was intentionally outing his teammate.

What outcomes could he have expected from that?

1) vezopiraka would not claim. There would be some established distance between them, and the game would go on.

2) vezopiraka would claim mason, and not out his team mates. This would not explain his foreknowledge of Lynchmepls, and more would be expected. Daniel would be in a position where he would have to press the issue and expose vezopiraka's role. This would establish serious distance between the two, and be very damaging for their team.

3) vezopiraka would claim mason, and out the whole team, calling out Daniel in the process. This would put them in an awkward position, and cast doubt on the validity of them in fact being masons, and over all be a terrible play.

4) vezopiraka would claim some outlandish role that would explain his information which would cast serious suspicion on him and establish distance between them.

Except for No. 3, all of these result in damage to the cohesiveness of their team, and most of all establish distance between the two. Now why would Daniel want to distance himself from his fellow mason? Masons are only useful as a group, so there is no benefit to Daniel in getting vezopiraka lynched. Bussing another mason would be a ridiculously useless play.

Only scum have reason to distance themselves from each other, and that's exactly what these two were doing.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Sevis
Sevis
Goon
Sevis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Sevis »

Unvote

I like foilist13's posts on the matter of vezopiraka and daniel. 300 brings up an interesting point, but I don't think it applies in this case -- to be blunt, I do not feel daniel thought things through anywhere near as far as that. It also does not seem likely that people in a scumteam would be accusing each other (except to bus... but it would be Seraphim doing that, not vezopiraka). For now, I believe Seraphim's claim.

Leafsnail's ISO looks fine to me.

I was expecting vezopiraka's attack on LMP to be an attempt to push a lynch for his main suspect. This version doesn't work if LMP has some sort of information on vezopiraka, though.

SGRaaize's second post looks very unusual to me. He's on the fence with SSBF, `curious' about the matter but not doing any questioning. He's also not been too clear about accusing Parama and Lowell.

Vote: SGRaaize
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

Seraphim wrote:Oh my fucking God.

Well, this is utterly and completely retarded so let me clear this up.

I am a Mason. Both Vezo and Daniel are Masons with me. I know that they are not Mafia. I am currently ensuring that they are also confirmed non-werewolves as well. I have no clue where Vezo is getting his information.
I have no idea where Daniel is getting his information
What information? All I said that if anyone was werewolf it wasn't me.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Fourth vote count of day 1:

askbob (1):
daniel94581

Chronopie (0):
daniel94581 (1):
Leafsnail

Dr. Robotnik (3):
pman5595, Vi, askbob

Dry-fit (0):
foilist13 (0):
Leafsnail (1):
SerialClergyman

Lowell (0):
LynchMePls (2):
Dry-fit, vezopiraka

Midnight's Sorrow (0):
nhammen (0):
Parama (2):
Seraphim, Lowell

pman5595 (0):
Pomegranate (0):
Seraphim (0):
SerialClergyman (0):
Sevis (0):
SGRaaize (1):
Sevis

Super Smash Bros. Fan (3):
Chronopie, Parama, Unsight

The Goat (0):
Timeater (0):
Unsight (0):
vezopiraka (2):
foilist13, Super Smash Bros. Fan

Vi (1):
Midnight's Sorrow

Not Voting (7):
SGRaaize, Timeater, LynchMePls, Pomegranate, nhammen, The Goat, Dr. Robotnik

With 24 players alive, it takes 13 votes to lynch someone.

First activity check will be coming tonight.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

unvote
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:22 am

Post by vezopiraka »

I will take the 6)answer: Something you didn't talk about.

Seraphim claimed for whatever stupid reason he had.
I'll
Unvote
Vote daniel94581
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 am

Post by LimMePls »

@Dry-fit I'm not clinging to the nooby card so much as answering Vi's question and admitting that if my play was bad it was from noobness.

Sevis is very astute.

For now, I like the Dr. Robotnik wagon, so...

Vote: Dr. Robotnik
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 3:38 am

Post by LimMePls »

vezopiraka wrote:I'll
Unvote
Vote daniel94581
I seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry. This post makes me sad.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 am

Post by Parama »

Oh great, the VI masons are at it again.
Dear god this is going to be a frustrating game ._.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

I honestly don't know what to think about the mason claim, but I guess we'll just have to go with it for a little while I guess.

Can't see where the cases against Parama and SSBF flourished either. None of what people are saying about them make any sense whatsoever >.>;;

I do think that maybe there is something in the case of Dr.Robotnik.~

unvote

vote:Dr. Robotnik
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Oh god this game

It seems that several people have attacked me for voting a claimed mason... even though I haven't posted since the masons claimed.
Unvote
, since him being a mason explains the things I voted him for.
chronopie wrote:@LS: I was asleep, so no I couldn't give a reply between 'waiting for chrono' and 'chrono can wait'.
I was just so pissed off at daniel I thought he needed a vote.
SerialClergyman wrote:Vi and I disagree on reasons to vote leafsnail but we're both doing it anyway, I actually think that's a good sign. He is voting a mason, as well, if anyone's taking note.
Well, firstly, the mason hadn't claimed when I placed the vote, and I hadn't even read the claim at that point. Vi isn't voting for me, and I'm not sure why you're trying to claim support from... him?
Unsight wrote:Leafsnail is an easier read. He hit Parama like a truck, put it in reverse, and did it again. I'd like to think he didn't try the same to me because I'm voting you for non-stupid reasons but I think Parama was just an easier target all-around. You flip scum and it very much looks like chainsawing. Also, not liking the daniel vote at all. If the mason group is telling the truth then we'll know pretty fast. I somehow doubt a mafia team and a werewolf team would let them all live to end game (that would be cool though). I really can't think of a pro-town reason for voting any member of this self-proclaimed mason team.
Uh... I can't tell if you're calling me town or scum for attacking Parama. Can you clarify, please?

@278 - I think I have a theory as to why Vezo is doing this. I'd rather not say what it is though.

@288 - I'm guessing this is like the open Monks & Masons setup, where a werewolf mason is possible but not guarenteed.

@292 - Didn't you vote them earlier, askbob?

@300 - Are you seriously suggesting that Seraphim, Daniel and Vezo are a scumteam? No. This is doomed to fail, as it'll attract a nightkill from the opposing scumgroup. Once one of them flips werewolf/ mafia, it's curtains for the other two as well. I'm quite surprised you didn't consider this.

Parama. Would you mind explaining what seems to be a contradiction here?
Parama - ISO 24 wrote:I think vez is lying tbqh. The claim doesn't seem genuine at all.
Parama - ISO 25 wrote:I feel sorry for you, stuck with 2 VIs as masonbuddies.
Sure, seraphim claimed in the meantime, but how does that make it more convincing? After all, if Vezo was scum falseclaiming mason with 2 random people he'd die immediately when they say "Uh, no I'm not". If you thought Vezo was scum with daniel and seraphim, well, how does seraphim's claim change anything?

Although I must say, I totally agree with ISO 26 :/.

Chronopie - I want to ask you a fairly simple question - who do you think is scum? I ask as your last 4 posts don't seem to contain any mention of it. Your last two posts especially look active lurky, discussing how stupid the masons are instead of looking for scum.

Vote: askbob
. Do you have any scumreads? As far as I can tell, you've just been swearing at people for bad play and, in your last post, voting a lurker (with what seems to be a bandwagon).
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:02 am

Post by Lowell »

vezopiraka wrote:I will take the 6)answer: Something you didn't talk about.

I'll
Unvote
Vote daniel94581
If anyone has anything to gain from a mason dying, it would be a non-town-aligned mason. Regardless, daniel looks by far the most town of the three to me.

fos vez
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:08 am

Post by daniel94581 »

Lowell wrote:
vezopiraka wrote:I will take the 6)answer: Something you didn't talk about.

I'll
Unvote
Vote daniel94581
If anyone has anything to gain from a mason dying, it would be a non-town-aligned mason. Regardless, daniel looks by far the most town of the three to me.

fos vez
FMI why do you think I look most town
SGRaaize
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
SGRaaize
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:13 am

Post by SGRaaize »

Sevis wrote:
Unvote

I like foilist13's posts on the matter of vezopiraka and daniel. 300 brings up an interesting point, but I don't think it applies in this case -- to be blunt, I do not feel daniel thought things through anywhere near as far as that. It also does not seem likely that people in a scumteam would be accusing each other (except to bus... but it would be Seraphim doing that, not vezopiraka). For now, I believe Seraphim's claim.

Leafsnail's ISO looks fine to me.

I was expecting vezopiraka's attack on LMP to be an attempt to push a lynch for his main suspect. This version doesn't work if LMP has some sort of information on vezopiraka, though.

SGRaaize's second post looks very unusual to me. He's on the fence with SSBF, `curious' about the matter but not doing any questioning. He's also not been too clear about accusing Parama and Lowell.

Vote: SGRaaize
I simply found SSBF way too tense, I don't suspect him lol

Parama has been completely insane and weird in his arguments against SSBF, trying to force a lynch somehow, very scummy IMO

And regarding Lowell, saying that he's unlynchable is pretty scummy as far as I'm aware, not even sure why I needed to explain that (maybe a sarcasm I missed?)

Now, to add to my suspicious lynch are both guys on the Mason group aside from Serapym, damn, they're both suspect as hell, maybe they're both Werewolves, lol
I'm from EpicMafia and I love it there. Everything I say is now invalid.
I am a bad player, but I like to think of myself as the wild card that is unpredictable.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:25 am

Post by Timeater »

Is there a way to search a specific thread through google?
watch for the eggshells
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 8:42 am

Post by LimMePls »

daniel94581 wrote:FMI why do you think I look most town
Do you need to be convinced of your own innocence?

If someone on the mason team is scum, I'm pretty sure it's daniel.

V/LA on weekends
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 am

^That was Pure WIFOM I think :roll:

I think it was a good question to be asked. The question being asked by the person in question, does NOT mean that they want convinced of their own innocence. Not by the longest shot and yard.

Please come up with a better reason as to why you think daniel is scum LMP. Thanks in advance :D
W/L/O
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

Post by LimMePls »

I didn't say I think daniel is scum, I said that if someone from the mason group is scum it's daniel Please don't misrepresent what I said.

V/LA on weekends
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:44 am

I didn't mis-interpret anything :roll:

I asked you why you thought he was scummy. Why do you dodge the question?
W/L/O
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Well well well. I gots a wagon on me. I don't blame you guys, after all, I haven't posted much, you are right about that.
I'd also like to add that he fails to answer one of my question on what post he found suspicious, which gives him a little more shades of scumminess then Midnight's Sorrow.
I hadn't read that yet, which is why it wasn't posted.

Ironically, the wagon against me looks mostly like its town driven, and for some good reasons (like myself not posting). I'm talking now, I assure you!

Right now the most interesting bit of info to me is the fact that we have three masons, and one or more of them could be werewolves. daniel94581 stands out, not because of his typical noob "super defense" but because of his rolefishing. Add that to the fact that he could be werewolf even being a mason and it is something to consider.

Sadly, Lynchmepls is also suspicious, but for him, I feel it is simply because he is new.

Timeater to my knowlege hasn't posted anything helpful either. I'll read through the thread and check.

Vote:daniel94581

[/quote]
snoPING AS usual I see
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:00 am

Post by LimMePls »

Once again, you are misrepresenting me. If your question is why do I think he is scummier than Seraph and voz, then I'll answer that by saying Seraph's cleared a lot of things up for the town, and if he were scum I don't think he would have made the claim. For why I think voz isn't scum, I'll point you to post 283. And I'll reiterate that, at this time "That's about all I got to say about that".

Thus, as I've said twice already,
IF
there is scum among the masons, I think it is daniel. That DOES NOT mean I'm saying daniel is scummy. Do you have a hard time understanding the distinction?

If there an ugly chick among Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox and Jessica Alba, it is Angelina Jolie. That does not mean Angelina is ugly, it means that of those three, if I had to say one was ugly, I would say Angelina Jolie. If you still don't understand, I can't help you.

V/LA on weekends
Dr. Robotnik
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Dr. Robotnik
Townie
Townie

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

LynchMePls wrote: If there an ugly chick among Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox and Jessica Alba, it is Angelina Jolie. That does not mean Angelina is ugly, it means that of those three, if I had to say one was ugly, I would say Angelina Jolie. If you still don't understand, I can't help you.
Great :D

But masonry aside, Daniel is still quite suspicious. That was what I was kinda trying to say.
snoPING AS usual I see
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:05 am

LynchMePls wrote:Once again, you are misrepresenting me. If your question is why do I think he is scummier than Seraph and voz, then I'll answer that by saying Seraph's cleared a lot of things up for the town, and if he were scum I don't think he would have made the claim. For why I think voz isn't scum, I'll point you to post 283. And I'll reiterate that, at this time "That's about all I got to say about that".
This is exactly what I meant.

Now. Was that so hard? :o

Do we
feel
a little better now?
W/L/O
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:This is exactly what I meant.
It isn't what you said. You said
Please come up with a better reason as to why you think daniel is scum LMP.
I asked you why you thought he was scummy
Asking me why I think he is scummy is not the same as asking me why I think that he is most likely of the masons to be scum. I think the distinction is very important, and I don't want to be misrepresented. I don't want anyone later on saying "But you said daniel was scum". That is not what I said.

I think I've been about as clear about this as I can be, so this will be the last I say on this subject.

V/LA on weekends
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2010 10:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

EBWOP: I'd also like to add that your repeated attempt to misrepresent me is noted.

V/LA on weekends

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”