Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

Also I said Bill was distancing. That are you on crack Glork. I said that Bill is likely distancing Ice in the first couple of Votes, then changed my mind once new evidence showed Prana devil was morelikely scum in the later votes counts.

Pages 1-10 showed signs of Bill scum. Prana looked like town due to my assumption Ice was scum.
12-14 Prana Scum due to the build up of the Zork wagon.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 1
(JPSalazar)
PranaDevil: 1
(DTMaster)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie (Voteless)
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:22 am

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:Hello people, I just said
I didn't read and would start off with a VC analysis
Understandable. I would suggest reading through the QT, and then start at the start of D1.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:23 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I don't see Glork attacking you for your attack on me, I see him calling you out on dumbass voting and other stupid comments.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:26 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

DTMaster wrote:@Mew
If you think Anti is scum with Prana, why do you have prefrence to lynch Anti over Prana. With that logic it makes it look like you are linked with Prana. Skip the middle man and go for scumz.
1. My name is not "Mew."
2. I'm FoSing Prana.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:26 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Prana
Because Voting = reactions = understanding people's positions. I've revived this thread better then all of you guys combined with my vote.

Your comment on me is weaksauce because you didn't even call me scummy Prana. You called me a non-reader which I admitted. Hey Prana, why am I scummy again?

Because I didn't know this? Because I pointed out that devoutness isn't confirmed despite the doom counter? That I assumed Ice was scum from his flip.

All of this suggests I don't know more about the setup. Hence this is a bloody indicator of town not knowing what's up because town doesn't have that information to begin with.

Plus since when did we ever disprove the second kill was scum? I played a game where the 1-shot vig shot the most pro town player n1 because the pro-town player was attacking the vig for being scummy.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13337

I told you. My pattern. VC analysis first so I can get a vote down and start something. Then I reread. I'm 40 pages behind and my slot has 4 replacements. My VC analysis is something for me to enter this game to contribute to something right away without spending 2 weeks rereading the thread (and now the Inn).

Then I reread the suspects.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:@Glork
"cough" Because 4 is the traditional size in large themes.

Kingdom Hearts Mafia.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12809

4 Mafia scum. 1 SK.

If you think there is 2 scum groups, then I think this is the most traditional setup for something this big.
I guess what confuses me is that, if you were assuming Iece was scum, and his role is listed as a different color than BV, then 4 mafia/1 SK doesn't really make sense as a conclusion.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 am

Post by DTMaster »

People: My goal is: Be useful first with VC, Then back it up with reading analysis. It's a better start then stalling for 20 days. Like shesssh.

@Prana
Hey why are you so touchy about that vote again? Are you sure you're really looking out for Devote because your FoS on me has no logical base on it, considering I told everyone I would VC first then read.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:30 am

Post by DTMaster »

Glork, the correct action is this. You don't out-guess the mod.
@Kise
Is the colour on Ice's flip accurately depicted, since it's different from BV

Aka are you telling us that red is different from orange for a reason?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:33 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I'm FOS'ing you, DTM, because you acknowledged we were posting FoS's, but yet deliberately chose not to actually look into WHY before voting.

Now, I admit you could be playing really poor as town. But you could also be scum deliberately playing that way. The fact you knew everyone was posting FoS on people means you knew there has to be a reason. This should have been checked before almost signing Devotress' death warrant.

Anyone else in here ever played with DTM before, (preferably when he's replaced in) and does he normally ignore any and all information before voting? (As voting without actually knowing all information is scummy at worst, and stupid at best).

And I'm "looking out for Devotress" because I see no reason to potentially lose a town player through player stupidity. Had I known that Starbuck had been Doomed the day before (and not the thought of "whoever makes it hit zero dies") I'd have strongly advised we all hold off at the time as well.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:34 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Glork finally
Generally with 2 mafia factions
we'll know as you can see in KH mafia where both scum factions had 4 players, and 1 SK.

I can pull out a day/night mafia game, 2 fire and ice mafia games, the teleport universe mafia game, etc

Where both factions are clearly outlined. The latter is even use Mafia A, and Mafia B.

If Ice's color is different from BV's for a reason, then it defeats the purpose of the death miller. You do realize this. Plus a Death miller works best with 1 mafia faction.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:36 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana

You can, you know, vote to get information from people. Like I just did now. Like reviving this thread because people are scared to act on anything. Especially now because scum wouldn't want to vote in this situation.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:39 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana, When is Devotress confirmed? You speak as if she/he/it was confirmed.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 am

Post by dramonic »

*facepalm*
Yes DTM, you did provoke reaction all right. You alsop locked us into a pretty crappy situation. We currently have more or less no choice as to who we want to lynch, we're forced to either vote Prana or that other guy (name is escaping me right now)

Between the two options, my would-be vote rests on Prana, but DTM has scored some nifty points on the scum-ladder.

@Ambro: Oh look, I'm answering you!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:44 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Are you even reading anything DTM?

If I vote, that 100% gives town the option of me, you or Anti to lynch. ZERO other options are on the table without risking killing two town players this day.

What part of "Voting will kill Devotress" are you missing here?

ANd she's not confirmed. Why in the smeg should that matter?

Are you saying it's perfectly fine to let someone die "to spark discussion"?

You do NOT need a vote to spark discussion, you could just post, your post would have sparked discussion without the vote, the vote was just moronic.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:50 am

Post by dramonic »

Current Situation

doom count is at 8

Votes are
Anti 1 : JP
Prana 1 : DTM

FoS are (votes count here too)
Antifinity 4 (bill1148, KDub, JP, Prana)
PranaDevil 5 (MehPlusRawr, Dram, Adum, Devotress, DTM)
Kdub 1 (glork)
Dram 1 (Adum)
thatguy 2 (Wolf, Kdub)
JP 3 (Devotress, Wolf, anti)
DTM 1 (Glork)

Not FoSing: 1 (thatguy00)

more or less
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Chronopie »

The reason that people weren't voting, just using FoS'es, was because of the doom counter, which killed Starbuck yesterday, is on Devotress today.

The idea was to beat the counter, by picking a target, though FoS'ing, then placing the required 7 votes to lynch, leaving numbers on the counter, thus negating doom. (We hope)

Between your premature vote, and JP's premature vote, we now have to lynch either Anti or Prana. or lose Devo to doom for certain.

If-I-Had-A-Fos: DTM
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana, because of the fact that Devotess could have been targeted by a pro-town player with doom and Devotess could be scum. The fact that you are treating her as town here. I don't see how we've confirmed her alignment, just confirmed that she's doomed.
Devote wrote: And I'm "looking out for Devotress" because I see no reason to potentially lose a town player through player stupidity. Had I known that Starbuck had been Doomed the day before (and not the thought of "whoever makes it hit zero dies") I'd have strongly advised we all hold off at the time as well.
Also
Prana wrote:Are you even reading anything DTM?
You are a nitwit.

1. Devote is doomed. We've been discussing this. But before you cry about town deaths you should realize that admitting Devote is town is scummy considering we don't even know her alignment.

Lecturing me about this isn't helping, and just frames you to know a little more about people's alignment then the rest of us do.

2. Because Devotee isn't confirmed, you shouldn't be crying about how she's going to die and town is going to lose 2 players. Your attack on me based on this is a panic attack. She's doomed. Votes are needed to be put down. This was before I knew what the doom counter

3. Hello, since when did I say I knew that voting = killing someone. Voting = acting on something. I voted, I acted on my suspicions. At least link your thoughts together.

If you think I'm actively trying to get devotee dead, then I must have read the thread. You should link this to say: DTM is lying and knows he's "doomed" us all. Har har. But you aren't. You're just attacking me for voting without knowing that doom = death when you vote. That's not scummy.

What is scummy is voting knowing what doom does.

4. Hey Prana, you do realize that you assume that I knew what doom did?

Do you realize in mafia, voting is a tool that should be used? If the doom counter wasn't there would you attack me the same way? No because I was voting someone who I thought was scummy at the time.

@Dram
For not knowing? I never realized that not knowing = scummy now. I just assumed that not knowing the situation = not knowing what's happening. The game was dying. I was contributing to parts of it since I haven't posted substantially yet. This game needed a jump start and I'm not afraid to get the heat for it. Then again, you assume that I knew what the doom counter does.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:56 am

Post by dramonic »

Not quite Chrono, we can have a third option and end the day at doom counter 1.
I'm a hoot
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Chrono
You among 50 responses are the same. I get it now. Shesh. Anyways if Starbuck was doomed that means Devotee is probably townie then. I'm going to assume this in my future VCs now.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 7:58 am

Post by DTMaster »

Acutally Doom is broken, does unvotes and revotes count?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by DTMaster »

If doom works on votes, I don't see why scum wouldn't just vote and unvote, continuously killing multiple people in a voting spamfest.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:02 am

Post by dramonic »

because AFAWCS it's one doom a day. And well, whoever does that is gonna die a fiery death <<
Not exactly pro-wincon.
I'm a hoot
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am

Post by DTMaster »

Meaning in Lylo the doomer wins automatically. Yay. Also if it's one doom a day I have a feeling that they can stack on different people, even if we lynched before Devotee dies.

Quesiton:

When did Starbuck claim doom again? or Dark?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:05 am

Post by PranaDevil »

DTMaster wrote:Prana, because of the fact that Devotess could have been targeted by a pro-town player with doom and Devotess could be scum. The fact that you are treating her as town here. I don't see how we've confirmed her alignment, just confirmed that she's doomed.
We DO NOT KNOW, is it better to err on the side of caution or just say "balls to it" and risk losing someone through what could be a scum kill?
DTM wrote:1. Devote is doomed. We've been discussing this. But before you cry about town deaths you should realize that admitting Devote is town is scummy considering we don't even know her alignment.
I have said potentially. Starbuck WAS town, Devotress could be as well. What part of the word potentially do you not understand?
DTM wrote:2. Because Devotee isn't confirmed, you shouldn't be crying about how she's going to die and town is going to lose 2 players. Your attack on me based on this is a panic attack. She's doomed. Votes are needed to be put down. This was before I knew what the doom counter
Votes can be put down AFTER we've got a majority of FoS's. You also have admitted to not reading the thread, therefore you've also admitted to voting WITHOUT knowing what is going on beyond votes (of which you don't know what's going on with again, because you claim to have not known about Iec claiming Death Miller).

What part of read the smegging thread do you not understand?
DTM wrote:3. Hello, since when did I say I knew that voting = killing someone. Voting = acting on something. I voted, I acted on my suspicions. At least link your thoughts together.

If you think I'm actively trying to get devotee dead, then I must have read the thread. You should link this to say: DTM is lying and knows he's "doomed" us all. Har har. But you aren't. You're just attacking me for voting without knowing that doom = death when you vote. That's not scummy.
I'm saying you knew that people were posting FoS's instead of voting, you stated so right in the post you voted me on. Why did you not feel it useful to find out why?
DTM wrote:Do you realize in mafia, voting is a tool that should be used? If the doom counter wasn't there would you attack me the same way? No because I was voting someone who I thought was scummy at the time.
So we should ignore that someone could be saved from dying from what is, essentially, a night kill that takes longer to come into effect?

Am I the only one finding that scummy?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:07 am

Post by PranaDevil »

DTMaster wrote:Meaning in Lylo the doomer wins automatically. Yay. Also if it's one doom a day I have a feeling that they can stack on different people, even if we lynched before Devotee dies.
In Final Fantasy Doom disappears at the end of a battle, it's entirely possible the same thing happens in here when we end the day phase (or battle essentially). It might not, but I'd rather find out today than find out in a few days and go "oh, we could have saved those players and been better off for it"
DTM wrote:Quesiton:

When did Starbuck claim doom again? or Dark?
Immediately following my vote that put it to zero, unfortunately.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”