Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Kise »

I just nutted on myself.
Oh, and Iecerint's color is red. bv310's color is orangered, FYI.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 1
(JPSalazar)
PranaDevil: 1
(DTMaster)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie (Voteless)
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Last edited by Kise on Thu May 20, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Prana
1. Because votes = useful. They still are. We just need to be cautious with them. Durhhh? Saying votes = useful is scummy is quite horribad logic. I said: if the doom counter wasn't there then this attack wouldn't be so valid because we'd be using votes as well analysis to find scum.

Again you assumed that when I voted you I knew everything about the doom counter. You don't even argue against the fact that I was treating this like
Normal Mafia
. You also misrep me. I never said that I wanted to Kill Devotee. How can I want to kill someone when I didn't know how I could kill the said person.

2. I voted you since I thought you were scummy. I knew people were FoSing, and I asked why the FoS and if it had something to do with the doom counter. Yes true, but I thought FoSes had something to do with the doom counter and people were toying with that.

So I voted normally and proceed as I would normally in this game. If you are convinced I am this scummy then you should follow suit. Just because someone isn't doomed doesn't excuse you from putting a vote on someone who you think is scum.

3. Yes Votes can be put down after. Your point is? Am I scummy for this? Or Am I townie? You don't make a cohesive argument about my alignment. You just argue about my vote. This to me is beating around the bush Prana and is scummy.

Do you see the difference between you and I, I've been making cohesive arguments about you being scum between our exchange. Are you calling me out on trying to kill someone here? Do you really think I want Devotee dead and that I knew I would lock the town in Anti or Prana death if they wanted to lynch before the counter?

You aren't making effective arguments here. You're whining. ANd this Whining is scummy because it's just fishing for brownie points in defending Devotee.

I'm not even attacking her/him/it and you're trying to use that as a point against me of what again? What am I to you Prana?

4. Because you're freaking out over nothing. You do realize that scum is more likely to use potentially?

Here is why: because potentially means nothing in analysis. It is a back door. It lets you flip flop. It's you just spewing long words about someone. It allows people without balls to comment on people, without committing to scum/town reads.

You my friend are attacking me because Devotee could be town? You're throwing red flags left right center in trying to attack my vote, and my lack of reading and me in general. But you don't link that to me being scum trying to get people killed.

No, you're just here to say: DTM COULD HAVE KILLED THE POSSIBLE TOWN DEVOTEE!!! OMG.

You're not here to scum hunt. Thus you are scum, emitting all these smoke screens against me.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:22 am

Post by DTMaster »

Kise. I hope this makes up for my lack of activity earlier. :3
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:23 am

Post by DTMaster »

Actually this is how much I think you're scum right now.

Summon Odin: Use it on PradaDevil

Gogogogogoogog!
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:28 am

Post by DTMaster »

Actually, Ice might be lying considering if Glork's is right about 2 scum factions (and there are 2 mafia scum factions), that's horribly rigged against town and doesn't follow a mirroring pattern. Also since Ice flipped Red instead of OrangeRed, it defeats the purpose of death millers since that's just confirming that Ice is town, if he was a death miller.

I read about the blind status and it's likely that Ice and scum buddy are working together via QTs to support his claim of Ultros. Just because someone is able to blind, doesn't mean that it needs to fit the flavour.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 am

Post by DTMaster »

Well I should say, we need more scum lynches to confirm this, so I'm going to assume Ice is scum for now. If an SK flips, then Ice is death miller.

If red mafia flips then Ice is red mafia. Orange Mafia flips are just good, but doesn't provide information about Red Mafia.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:30 am

Post by PranaDevil »

What the hell are you blabbering on about?

You knew FoS was being used. Why did you not CHECK WHY before voting?

Are you suggesting everyone should just vote instead of FoS right now? (As you've said I could vote you instead... despite knowing why I refuse to).

And I'm saying, now, you want Devotress dead (use the right name too please), because despite being REPEATEDLY told by myself and Glork at least (and I think possibly Dramonic and Chrono, without checking), you are still suggesting I should use a vote, not a FoS, and are suggesting we should outright ignore the fact Doom is on someone.

They are all "effective arguments" as well. You acknowledged the FoS, but refused to look into why.

You voted, and got called out on it, and rather than holding your hands up, you have refused to acknowledge it was a stupid thing to do. The facts are right there in front of you, it was a stupid thing to do.

Right now, I don't care that you find me scummy, because your play is ridiculous and you've not even read the smegging thread, how you find me based solely off votes, and my response to your ignorance means nothing to me. I'm not trying to convince you I'm town. I'm trying to convince you that your play was stupid. I don't need to convince others of that, everyone else knows your play was stupid.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:31 am

Post by DTMaster »

Oh wait, EBWOP: Forgot with doom the amount of kills floating is 3, not 2. Sks don't confirm Red mafia.

Ice is probably Mafia.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:35 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana, voting isn't stupid. Doom counter or not. In this case, yes I was at fault at contributing to bringing someone closer to death. No in any way this is related to my motives because if someone hasn't read the thread, didn't know the specifics of the doom counter, then they aren't intentionally trying to contribute to someones death.

If you are using that argument, that means you assumed everything I said is a lie. Why would I lie about doing VC first then rereading specific people >>;;. That makes no sense.

I could have checked, I could have waited for an answer. But the game was drying. I wanted to inject new activity by voting. I also wanted your response from it. Let's just say it's not good.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:36 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana,
Did you read, I think Ice is lying and we have 2 mafia factions and 1 sk.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:38 am

Post by DTMaster »

Prana, If you are sure about me being scummy, vote me. You shouldn't be worried about Devotee's death if you think you caught scum. Obviously your need to keep her alive and "appear" townie is holding you back from voting me because in your circle of logic, voting without the support of the town is scummy.

Doom counters = you should be more cautious. Doom counters =/= you should be paranoid about your votes.

Otherwise I agree we should do the FoS system. I'm thinking we should change HoS to the vote and keep FoS as the normal FoS though.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:39 am

Post by DTMaster »

Actually 3 scum factions mean that town is in lylo. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:40 am

Post by DTMaster »

Wait, nvm, but we could be close to it. Assuming 2-3 for scum.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:Actually 3 scum factions mean that town is in lylo. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
Nah, if we don't hit scum today, and there are is in fact Mafia+Mafia+SK, then they're pretty much forced to start crosskilling.

Heck, if it's Mafia+Mafia+Vig, the scums are probably forced to start crosskilling. If the town is bad enough that Mafia are playing the "outduel each other" game, then Mafia A is Mafia B's biggest threat, and vice versa, so it's not a bad thing to leave the stupid townspeoples alive.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:48 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Your reason for not checking why nobody was voting is "I wanted to see Prana's reaction"?

I don't even care you're voting for me, I honestly don't, you could have voted for Anti (someone I would be happy to see lynched), and I would rip you a new asshole for the stupidity in doing so.

No, voting "normally" isn't stupid. Voting NOW is stupid. The fact you are deliberately trying to claim I've said voting at all is stupid, is blatantly misrepresenting me, and trying to make my statements towards you seem less.

Doom counters mean EVERYONE has to be more cautious... you realize when that counter hits zero, whoever has Doom cast on them dies (note, Starbuck was hit with it yesterday, she was TOWN, so we've already lost one town player through it). You are actively saying that we should be cautious... and at the same time saying we should vote regardless?

Are you ignoring the fact that everyone else (except JP) agreed with the tactic of FoS people first? Are you somehow saying this is SOLELY me refusing to vote? Or are you being deliberately dense about the whole thing?

And you didn't answer this:
Are you suggesting everyone should just vote instead of FoS right now?

Now... why should we be in lylo if there's 2 or 3 scum groups? We don't even know how many are IN each group if there is, then there's the fact that one of those "groups" could be an SK, and it's getting stupid. Sounds like you know more than we do in regards to that one.

and I have read, Iec (get the spelling right on people name's for christ's sake) might be lying, but considering he flipped as a basic goon, and Ultros (as others have said, as I don't know much about FF6) winds up not being evil at the end of FF6, it's entirely possible that the claim is correct.

To be entirely honest, we will also only find out once the game is over now. All we do know is Iec claimed it, flipped mafia goon, and his name claim was correct. We also know that we still have 3 kills each night, and blind is being cast on people. So Ultros cannot have been casting blind either (and he would have been the scum to be casting it if he was actual scum), so I'm inclined to believe he was a Death Miller.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

That was just terrible

DT, it should've been OBVIOUS what we were doing, holding off using votes until we had a clear lynch candidate and then we'd all vote at once to avoid losing a potential townie.

Since devoutress doesn't seem particularly scummy I HIGHLY doubt it was a vig that did it, which means that it was one of the scum, and since at this point it seems pretty likely that there are two scum factions, last thing we need is to lose another townie.

unHoS
HOS: DTMaster

dramonic wrote:*facepalm*
Yes DTM, you did provoke reaction all right. You alsop locked us into a pretty crappy situation. We currently have more or less no choice as to who we want to lynch, we're forced to either vote Prana or that other guy (name is escaping me right now)

Between the two options, my would-be vote rests on Prana, but DTM has scored some nifty points on the scum-ladder.

@Ambro: Oh look, I'm answering you!

Thank you, finally, now how about some long-term scumhunting commitment? Thanks, I'm keeping my eye on you.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:53 am

Post by dramonic »

DTM...
Did you just Zantetzuken Prana?
Or was that a lame joke?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 8:56 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Considering the flavor and how he was talking about his awesome role... he just might've.

I'm waiting on the mod.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:00 am

Post by dramonic »

"Odin used zantestzuken!
SURPRISE!
Prana is actually Seifer!
Odin has been killed...
DTMaster has gained "Summon: Gilgamesh" (25% dayvig)"

Hmm...
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:01 am

Post by DTMaster »

Glork
Hey, do you know when I voted I fished out 2 scum. Yeah you know that? Lets murder Prana the already scummy person and his Echo.

Also Ice will be treated as confirmed red scum in my VC analysis. His claim = fake fake fake fake fake, considering the orange and red flips and the lack of other DM claiming (no mirroring to the factions).

@Prana
You said Starbuck claimed after the counter hit 0. Other then the lack of knowing, don't you think She would have noticed this? I'm reading that part now. The numbers are in red. Obviously someone probably wanted to continue playing normally.

But yeah, If I didn't read then I didn't know everyone agreed to Fosing first. I voted. Boo hoo. I agree it's a good system and I would tweak it with HoS instead so we can use FoS now. Me unvoting then revoting will just hurt the system even more Prana. What do you want me to do? Delete my post and go back in time to edit it? I think not. I can't do that.

I can however continue to scum hunt now.

You do realize that scum almost makes up half the town in a 2-3 scum group setting. I based this on a few things:

Red/Orange flip = 2 mafia factions.
3 kills = 2 belonging to mafia, each night. Doom - day kill from night action belonging to remaining scum.
Blind = suggests 3 to a team. Unless Kise allows blinding and killing from the same person, you generally can't use both actions at once.

It's obvious when you look at it.

Finally, I'm saying you should vote if you are confident about it. The FoS system is good. But you have a strong overwhelming read on someone, take the bull by the horns and vote you idiot. You can use FoS if you aren't sure. But you are hiding behind the crowd.

Aka: Vote if you are sure someone is scum. FoS if you are unsure but have multiple people.

@Adumb
You do know that someone dying due to voting =/= obvious when you didn't read it? When I voted, that means I'm voting for someone who's scummy to me.

I also stated that doom = SK most likely due to the targets.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Dram
That's awesome. I would love that. But Paying Yojimbo 100000000000 gil is too much for me too. :<

Anyways, Mod will confirm it. Let Prama squirm a little more.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:06 am

Post by PranaDevil »

On the plus side... if he has, I'm no longer on people's suspicious lists, he shouldn't be as Odin would have to be a pro-town role (although he should be on everyone's "this boy's a fool" lists), and you can all go back tofocusing on scum (I still say Anti, if DTM is definite town because of Odin).

@Dram, if only my role was as cool as Seifer :(.

Though I did get Squall in the first game I ever played, so it would have been rather funny if I had been Seifer in this one.

@DTM, if I vote, I fuck the town over. If the Doom thing was no longer an issue, I would be voting you right now.

You STILL should have looked into why people were posting FoS instead of voting. Town need to know what's going on, scum wouldn't care as long as it wasn't negative against their faction.

Also, not squirming, if the mod replies I'm dead, whoopie. If the mod does sod all, then you've done even more of a scummy play than you already have been.

And I notice you've managed to botch the spelling of my name now.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:12 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

DTMaster wrote:Glork
Hey, do you know when I voted I fished out 2 scum. Yeah you know that? Lets murder Prana the already scummy person and his Echo.

Also Ice will be treated as confirmed red scum in my VC analysis. His claim = fake fake fake fake fake, considering the orange and red flips and the lack of other DM claiming (no mirroring to the factions).

@Prana
You said Starbuck claimed after the counter hit 0. Other then the lack of knowing, don't you think She would have noticed this? I'm reading that part now. The numbers are in red. Obviously someone probably wanted to continue playing normally.

But yeah, If I didn't read then I didn't know everyone agreed to Fosing first. I voted. Boo hoo. I agree it's a good system and I would tweak it with HoS instead so we can use FoS now. Me unvoting then revoting will just hurt the system even more Prana. What do you want me to do? Delete my post and go back in time to edit it? I think not. I can't do that.

I can however continue to scum hunt now.

You do realize that scum almost makes up half the town in a 2-3 scum group setting. I based this on a few things:

Red/Orange flip = 2 mafia factions.
3 kills = 2 belonging to mafia, each night. Doom - day kill from night action belonging to remaining scum.
Blind = suggests 3 to a team. Unless Kise allows blinding and killing from the same person, you generally can't use both actions at once.

It's obvious when you look at it.

Finally, I'm saying you should vote if you are confident about it. The FoS system is good. But you have a strong overwhelming read on someone, take the bull by the horns and vote you idiot. You can use FoS if you aren't sure. But you are hiding behind the crowd.

Aka: Vote if you are sure someone is scum. FoS if you are unsure but have multiple people.

@Adumb
You do know that someone dying due to voting =/= obvious when you didn't read it? When I voted, that means I'm voting for someone who's scummy to me.

I also stated that doom = SK most likely due to the targets.

The point is that makes it impossible to scumhunt, since we're treating FoS/HoS like votes (since they're threats of votes), they have teeth, and we can use them as pressure.

Once you vote... you're committed, your pressure tools are gone and you're stuck. We've got over a week till the end of this game day, and you've got no teeth to scumhunt with...

Yeah, sounds like it's also an excuse for no scumhunting.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Doom would also make a crappy SK.

Endgame would actually end with no winners if it came down to 1 SK and 1 Vanilla Townie.

the SK needs the votes to activate Doom, and the townie needs a majority to lynch. Neither could realistically happen, and so we move to night, the only night action is Doom... etc.

So I doubt Doom is a SK, and while it's possible it's a Vig, it would be a very stupid Vig because of who they went for. (I admit I've not been huge fans of either Starbuck or Devotress, but then they've been voting me :P).

This means it's most likely on a scum group.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:32 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Prana/Adum

Oooh they are slipping. You wouldn't fuck the town over if you lynch scum. You would be fucking your "town" image of yourselves. You can still vote, Devotress would die, but that gives you added pressure for you to be more right. The fact that you are telling me

Devo death = town being screwed, rather then Devo death = potentially one of 3 scum factions dying = very very very very revealing me.

@Prana
That means a scum faction has 2 kills. You realize that you would be imbalancing the game by giving one faction 2 kills?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”