Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Glork »

DTMaster wrote:@Glork
Glork wrote:Orange Mafia = Reduced to Nothingness / Doom kills

SK = Electrocuted Kills

"Red Mafia" = Iece Death Miller

"Drowning" kill = Vigilante
This is horrible. This means multiple kills have failed/hit the same person. This also gives Orange Mafia Day and Night kills. In fact this game is so swingy that town would lose in 3 days in a WCS. There is this thing called Balanced you know.

You know what, this post bugs me beyond belief.
Nah, it's perfectly plausible. The "missing" kills are
the vigilante choosing not to kill on the first two nights
which would be the sign of a GOOD vigilante. It is a setup with one Mafia, one SK, and a Vigilante which is perfectl plausible. It accounts for every kill in a reasonable manner.

Now, flavor discussions have made this an unlikely possibility, but I am going to explain in plain detail why this setup would be perfectly plausbile otherwise.
Hypothetical Setup With Full Night ActionsSK Electrocutor - Blue Text
"Death Mafia" with nothingness/Doom flavor - Orange Text
"Drowning Vigilante" - Green Text
Iece = Death Miller whose name shows up red upon death

N1:

SK electrocutes Reckoner

Death Mafia reduces ABR to nothingness

Drowning Vigilante elects not to kill anyone

D1:

Zodiark13 lynched

N2:

SK electrocutes Elli

Death Mafia dooms Starbuck

Drowning Vigilante elects not to kill anyone

D2:

Starbuck dies via N2 Doom

Iece, Death Miller, Lynched and flips Mafia Goon

N3:

SK electrocutes inHim

Death Mafia dooms Devotress

Drowning Vigilante kills BV

EVERY
action is accounted for. Every 'missing' kill is accounted for. Iece being a Death Miller is accounted for. It has one Mafia and one SK with no less than three power roles and a pair of masons, so the setup has great potential to be balanced.

So don't you fucking dare tell me that such a setup is "horrible," because from a
game mechanics perspective
it makes perfect sense as a theory. You challenged me to come up with a potential setup where Iece would be protown, and I did. So don't call me "horrible" for rejecting your assumption that Iece was scum.

I don't usually condone lynching village idiots, but there is an above average chance that DTM is scum, plus he can't reason out anything for shit, plus he just tried to vote again after everyone got pissed at JP and him for already having voted today. His behavior makes no sense if he is protown. You'd think that after bungling his ENTIRE vote analysis strategy, he would slow down and force himself to read and understand the entire game start-to-finish before spouting off nonsense, but he does none of that, which must necessarily bring him into question.

I would be more than happy with a DTM lynch today.

Vote Count:

Antifinity: 1
(JPSalazar)
AdumbroDeus: 1
(DTMaster)

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie (Voteless)
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
KDub
MehPlusRawr
PranaDevil
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 1st - 3:00 PM EST
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by Glork »

I want to see if the mod actually swoops in and kills off Prana. I may be forced to accept that DTM is protown. If he is, I don't plan on listening to a word he says, because not only has he proven himself incapable of helping the town, but he is actively harming our ability to win the game. He can't reason out anything, he killed Prana (who I decided was protown right around the time we got really pissed off at each other), and he's basically condemned Devotress (obvtown) to death.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by dramonic »

DTM... Seriously...

@All: Please stop using orange, I'm on tiger here and can't see hell X_X
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Glork »

Blame the mod, not me. Or change your settings. :P
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

the mod's orange is fine, it's your "death mafia" that is killing me.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Before ANYONE votes for DTM, even if we get a lynch majority in FoS, I wanna wait for the mod to confirm that his vote for me counts and his daykill ability.

Beyond that, we're still very suspicious of Anti, since Dev is most likely town, we might wanna forgo killing him today and having him as the kill tomorrow. That begs the question, ARE WE THAT SUSPICIOUS OF ANTI? A townie for scum is generally a more then fair exchange, but with two obvious scum factions (with a reasonable possibility that they're both fully fledged as opposed to one just being a SK) it's worth considering.

Also... Glork, I wouldn't be so sure he's town if Odin works, here's a few villians that used it from FF games:

Maenad (FF4: After Years)
Queen Brahne (FF9)
Luzaf, well sort of Odin is actually the villian (FF11)

So, I wouldn't put him in obvious-town just yet.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Devotress »

Yah I'm officially dead now I believe. right?

Takes 7 to lynch, and we're at 7 votes on the counter. So if either of the viable vote options are scum, they throw out one vote and I die anyway.

unless, do back to back votes count?
When chronopie did all those unvotes and revotes in one post, they only counted as one vote on the doom counter. That might have been that 2 votes in a row by one player don't count. Or it might have been just that you can't run up the counter a bunch in one post. It also could have ment that one person can vote twice in a row, aslong as there is a post of any sort inbetween.
Waiting on seeing if Kise is ticking down the counter on that last post.

@glork, so you're saying that town alligned extra scum kill enabler applies more to DTM than it does JP? I'd agree that dtm seems much more determined to kill me than JP did.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Devotress »

Devotress wrote: @glork, so you're saying that town alligned extra scum kill enabler applies more to DTM than it does JP? I'd agree that dtm seems much more determined to kill me than JP did.
Not that I'm saying he's nessicarilly town at all even.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

@DTM

The "your vote is stuck" comment means "If you vote again you WILL, 100%, kill Devotress".

Why do we know this? Go and look at the previous Doom counter (yes, go research it, honestly, the game isn't about to run off into the distance if you actually do some pissing research before blundering in stupidly). I voted, I then unvoted and voted someone else specifically to get the counter to zero thinking it would be me that died, it counted as a vote.

Hence the point. You have just stated, point blank that killing Devotress would benefit town. (Although somehow stated that it doesn't if she is town... but we have no knowledge either way, just the fact that she seems town, if she seemed scummy I would have no problem ignoring the Doom counter, but she doesn't, and pretty much everyone else is in agreement here or they would be FoS'ing her).

Your claim that we should be voting and putting pressure on... what part of "when a FoS gets to a majority, we will all pile the votes on" do you keep ignoring? Nobody is ignoring people, nobody is scared of the Doom counter, everybody (well, the majority) are wanting to play it safe. That's the most logical and pro-town play to do, you are blatantly ignoring all of this and just saying that it doesn't matter to town if Devotress dies. When it matters a whole lot if she dies and flips town.

I admit, some people could be faking it, but the only people who have no need to care, would be scum.

@Devotress

I'm hoping that Kise throws out that vote of DTM's through it being wrongly formatted, purely because chrono's one that wasn't counted was all in one post, not in seperate posts. (Though it would be a nice surprise if actual back to back votes didn't count, as if we found that out, we would also know a single scum couldn't keep unvoting and voting).

@Glork

Much as I want to lynch DTM today... Adumbro makes a good point, we should find out if enough people would support an Anti lynch now to at least attempt to save Devotress.

If DTM's vote doesn't count, then different matter, and we can all vote him (though even then, I could see him throwing votes wildly just to screw over town, his play is screaming that he would do that right now).

If we all still find Anti scummy, then it might be worth still considering his lynch now, and possibly DTM's tomorrow. Even if DTM is actually the best lynch (In my mind) if we didn't have Doom to worry about.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by Devotress »

If the counters run down to seven don't worry about saving me Prana. If anti's actually scum he's just going to throw out the one vote he needs to kill me anyway when it becomes obvious he's going to be lynched. If he's town then I live but we lynched a townie. It's lose lose.
If the counters actually at seven town should just play the rest of this day as normal and lynch whoever they decide is scummy.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Devotress »

It's worth mentioning that my flavour of musical notes didn't mention the size of the person who did it to me, or the brown coat.

I see musical notes flying at me, I see someone whose hiding off behind some buildings he leaves after I've been sprayed and I don't feel any different.

I'm scared of phrasing this too specifically becasue obviously I dont' want to quote the night scene pm.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

Well, I'm hoping DTM's vote isn't counting. In which case we can continue as we are. If it does, then I would suggest a lynch of DTM.

Of course... we also have to wait and see what Kise does in regards to Odin (which I guess is one plus point about the pillock posting a vote, as if the vote winds up counting, we'll know DTM lied about Odin as well. If he didn't lie, then he's killed one town player in me, and as good as killed you too, in which case I would consider Adumbro's point about Odin not necessarily being pro-town... I also point out in FF8 he basically attacked anyone who got to him, and thus that could be used as the flavour for making him a SK here too, as he's never really been a good guy, more a neutral in the games anyway).

Gah, thanks to DTM there's too much going on, and it's all bad (except if he's scum, as something good has come out of it, even at the risk of two town deaths).
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I totally forgot!
DTMaster wrote:Actually this is how much I think you're scum right now.

Summon Odin: Use it on PradaDevil

Gogogogogoogog!

Assuming the vote doesn't count (dear lord please), then the mod is more likely then not gonna apply the same reason to throw out use of the activated ability, cause he misspelled your name, and therefore it was an invalid target.

That would make our lives considerably better too.

If he (the mod) counts the vote but not the use of the ability, that tells us that formatting rules are very loose and he doesn't have the ability at all.

I really want him to post so we can decide what to do.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Devotress »

To be honest I don't see why either of them wouldn't count based on formating It's obvious who he ment when he targeted prana, typo or no. The same way someone can say they vote for "devo" and it's obvious that's me and counts. Or say voting for "DTM" instead of DTMaster.
I also don't think accidentally leaving a bracket B bracket in changes the fact that he remembered to unvote, and remembered to bold his unvote and vote. The bolding was still there.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by Devotress »

Still if we're lucky the vote won't count because maybe 2 votes by the same person in a row don't count? cross fingers.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:36 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I actually agree that I think they would count. But if one does and the other doesn't, then it's obvious the reasoning. At the very least we'll find information out.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I dislike that, as a player and mod.

As a mod, because I'm inherently very rules oriented, and see the mod's job as just to enforce, plus it makes it easier. As a player, because I know exactly what to look for, and exactly when I have voted/done something, or when somebody else has.

Not the place for the discussion, eh, but there's little we can do to proceed till the mod calls it.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by dramonic »

If you're a grammar nazi when it comes to votes and actions you are just asking for your system to be abused :S

Also, you an alt?
I'm a hoot
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Devotress »

1. VOTING: For votes to count, they need to be bolded and in similar format to this --> Vote: Player Name. If you want to cancel your vote, it must also be bolded --> Unvote. You MUST unvote before voting for someone else.
Says simaler format.

And honestly, if I was in a game and a mod required me to type out in entirety: "Vote reallylongplayername248671230692345-8" to the letter/number, without a single typo, I would not want to be in that game.

I know i'm hyperboling, but I don't see any reason a mod should have a problem with "devo = devotress" or a guy saying prada when they ment prana.
What Dramonic said about it inviting abuse of your system too.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by Devotress »

That said I hope you're right anyway :P
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

dramonic wrote:If you're a grammar nazi when it comes to votes and actions you are just asking for your system to be abused :S

Also, you an alt?
Devotress wrote:1. VOTING: For votes to count, they need to be bolded and in similar format to this --> Vote: Player Name. If you want to cancel your vote, it must also be bolded --> Unvote. You MUST unvote before voting for someone else.
Says simaler format.

And honestly, if I was in a game and a mod required me to type out in entirety: "Vote reallylongplayername248671230692345-8" to the letter/number, without a single typo, I would not want to be in that game.

I know i'm hyperboling, but I don't see any reason a mod should have a problem with "devo = devotress" or a guy saying prada when they ment prana.
What Dramonic said about it inviting abuse of your system too.

I copy/paste, saves confusion, leaves no room for ambiguity, and in general I think everybody should do that. Last think I wanna do is have to call, "I think that was a vote", when somebody wasn't trying to. I honestly prefer using some kind of outer tags outside the bolding to check for extra characters, and if it's misbolded... not a vote.

Nah, I just joined, I've played before IRL though.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

I find not allowing "intended" votes to not be counted is asking for someone to instead post:

vote; player

(@Mod, not it's not bolded :P)

Obviously I've used ; instead of :, but as the formatting is, essentially, wrong, that vote wouldn't count, and it would be a screwy way for someone to try and win.

Anyway, this is a topic that should be reserved for MD, not this thread.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ok, can we please get the mod to confirm what happened, one way or another, what just happened is ridiculously important and changes the scope of the entire game, scum-hunting prior to that info is crippled, because it gives everything a new prospective.

If anyone wants to continue the formatting topic, I'll make a thread in mafia discussion, and if you're interested in my background, take it to PMs, cause this isn't helping town atm.

The best we can do is wait.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Adumbro
Adum wrote: No, we wouldn't, but you're missing the point, all the other stuff that you normally do with a vote (or threat thereof) in terms of scumhunting. How do we know that toDay isn't gonna extend till June, think of all the scumhunting that could be done... that you can't do now because you can't remove your vote.
Wrong, you can still scum hunt. You limiting your options is scummy.
Adum" wrote: I agree, prana is probably scum, but your action was stupid and anti-town from the theory side regardless of who actually is scum, and honestly, trying to defend it makes it look scummier.
Wrong, unless you believe both of us are scum and are on opposing factions. Part of this attack defends Prana. You sir are failling to connect the dots.
Adum wrote: Dunno about that, as we're illustrating, doom counter is easy to game, the mod probably balanced it with that in mind
We don't even know if it's gone after a lynch (aka a battle). Unless you specifically know about the doom counter mechanic and/or it's counter (which makes you scum) it is balanced as a normal kill function.

@Prana
Prana wrote:
The "your vote is stuck" comment means "If you vote again you WILL, 100%, kill Devotress".

Why do we know this? Go and look at the previous Doom counter (yes, go research it, honestly, the game isn't about to run off into the distance if you actually do some pissing research before blundering in stupidly). I voted, I then unvoted and voted someone else specifically to get the counter to zero thinking it would be me that died, it counted as a vote.

Hence the point. You have just stated, point blank that killing Devotress would benefit town. (Although somehow stated that it doesn't if she is town... but we have no knowledge either way, just the fact that she seems town, if she seemed scummy I would have no problem ignoring the Doom counter, but she doesn't, and pretty much everyone else is in agreement here or they would be FoS'ing her).
No I thought he meant it was literally stuck. ><ll. Hence my Confusion. I played a pokemone game where a
death clock meant sticky votes.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12130

Dev dying is moot. If Devotress is scum, then yes. If Devotress is town, then we die, and our votes are free to lynch who ever. Either way I'd say Vote if you are certain, FoS/HoS as normally. I already said the system was good. Hello? Read again?
Prada wrote: Your claim that we should be voting and putting pressure on... what part of "when a FoS gets to a majority, we will all pile the votes on" do you keep ignoring? Nobody is ignoring people, nobody is scared of the Doom counter, everybody (well, the majority) are wanting to play it safe. That's the most logical and pro-town play to do, you are blatantly ignoring all of this and just saying that it doesn't matter to town if Devotress dies. When it matters a whole lot if she dies and flips town.
Yes, which I did, before everyone yelled about the doom counter. If I wanted to I would be voting again.
Prada wrote: I admit, some people could be faking it, but the only people who have no need to care, would be scum.
There we go, we have the ding ding ding stance on me.

@Glork
Glork wrote:The other snag is the fact that if Tiamat thundered and Kraken drowned, that'd be two kills coming from the same scumgroup, which I still think is extremely unlikely.

No, I'm content to believe that BV's group has Tiamat doing electrocution kills, and Kraken blinding. Not sure what Lich is up to, though.
Just because we have the fire fiend flip, doesn't mean we have all the fiends. I would be concerned with ~5 scum left.

Also your analysis bugs me. The hell out of me. except for the fact that yellow scum didn't night kill and doom at the same time. This piece is missing. If a Red Scum Flips I'm saying this theory is shot. From my Perspective.

Electrocute is made by 1 scum player which worked.
The Nothingness -> No kill -> Drown is scum faction 2 with players missing and a kill failed or on this second night scum sacraficed their kill for an action.
Doom -> Remaining Scum

But I see the loafs of bread and will drop it for now. Finally Glork, your reasoning to vote me is pretty pathetic. VI and Scummy are opposite in the spectrum, where one is town and the other is scum.

You are just calling me town or scum, with the above average chance to be scum. Words man, mean nothing.

@Chrono
What bugs me about this analysis, this claim reads as if Anti was role blocked.
Chronopie wrote:Here's the actual quote:
Antifinity wrote:I got some weird flavor last night. A big brown cloaked man shot musical notes out of his mouth at my ears. My guess from the description is that it might be a Tonberry, as many comments are made about how it might not be human. I wasn't told what effect, if any, that the singing(?) actually had.
However, Anti wasn't told specifically that they did nothing. Unless it's an omission on Anti's part. Which I doubt, seeing as they weren't told what effect it had.
But Anti didn't claim role block did he? Or what the music does.

@Adum
Adum wrote:Yes we CAN confirm, but the fact that we've got a scum faction using it makes it less likely to correct, and now your vote is stuck unless we wanna kill dev.

Hell yea, we should consider it, but because of the pattern, most likely it's a scum faction's kills, so the doomed person is less likely anyway.

So why would you do it, why why why?
Now this person reads as a frustrated newb townie, or someone mad about their partner.. In anycase,

Wait a minute:
Adum wrote:Beyond that, we're still very suspicious of Anti, since Dev is most likely town, we might wanna forgo killing him today and having him as the kill tomorrow. That begs the question,
ARE WE THAT SUSPICIOUS OF ANTI? A townie for scum is generally a more then fair exchange, but with two obvious scum factions (with a reasonable possibility that they're both fully fledged as opposed to one just being a SK) it's worth considering.
What did you mean about this question? Are you Defending Him or asking everyone to reevaluate their case on Anti?

Secondly, we should focus on lynching scum, regardless of the numbers. We won't get anywhere if you just question the number of factions, number of players, etc. You just want to lynch them. If Devotress dies, the goal is still the same.

@Devotress
Your posts are lack luster in everything. For someone who's close to dying I expected much more panic or if you just gave up. Anyways, this lack of enthusasim is why the game stalled.

@Dram
I'm bothered by your lack of intrest on the case against me.

@Self
Note to self. Inspect Glork.
Note to self. The players are focused on finding which roles are in the game, but they aren't pinning these roles onto people. This is quite sad.

K back to work for now i'm at 1058 in recent responses. Dram bothers the heck out of me with his indiffrence. Devo clearly doesn't care anymore. Adum is reading as panicy, but he echos Prada.

People who are lurking. Bill and JS. Bill posted a quick question but I have a feeling that Bill is just lurking for the heck of it. That question reads as someone who just skimmed over the recent pages, and that's scummy.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also

Adumbrodeus/ Prada:
Kise wrote:

Vote Count: