BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:28 am

Post by BabyJesus »

Mad Jackal wrote:Question.

Is "We elect not to kill anyone tonight" an option the bad guys can employ?

(Has there been any confirmation in other games that this can be done?)

Or must the evil guys try to kill? (And no kills are caused by role blockers.)
You tell us.... 8)
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:06 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

With a reception like this one I sometimes wonder why I agree to replace.???

shall I vote Mad Jackal to see who crawls out of the woodwork ????

I started on the past couple days then went back to the start.
I got past day 1 finally. And now am some-where in day 3 / 4 I think ??? post 550 ish.

No help at all ???
Either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. You can form two lines to make it easier for me, or I'll figure it out on my own. It is your call.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:49 am

Post by draygn_mage »

I've seen other mods allow a "no kill" for the scum, but I've never had Flay for a mod before.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Why would they choose not to kill, though? Would it benefit them in any way?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:55 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

usually all that happens is mass confusion when they do such a thing
Show
SIG TIME.

Okay, it's not BABOOM. It's not BAMBOOM.
It's Bamboomancer: like necromancer, but with bamboo instead of necro.

So to recap:
I am not a Baboom. I am some sort of bamboo magic man.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Next Page's Vote Count
:

Mad Jackal - 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, draygn_mage)

Not voting (5): Werebear, Bamboomancer, Mad Jackal, rolandofthewhite, BabyJesus.

With 7 alive in the village, 4 votes will decide the day's outcome.

Mad Jackal wrote:Is "We elect not to kill anyone tonight" an option the bad guys can employ?

(Has there been any confirmation in other games that this can be done?)

Or must the evil guys try to kill? (And no kills are caused by role blockers.)
Since this is a "Normal" game, I'll answer that: In my games, scum are not usually required to kill every night, if they choose not to.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:38 pm

Post by BabyJesus »

vote Bamboomancer

I'm liking him for scum more so then Jackal at the moment.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:36 pm

Post by draygn_mage »

why?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:54 pm

Post by Mad Jackal »

BabyJesus wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Final Day Five Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000:

NanookTheWolf - 8 (draygn_mage, PookyTheMagicalBear, rolandofthewhite, BabyJesus, d_rouge, Dranko20, Bamboomancer, PeaceBringer)

PookyTheMagicalBear - 4 (Phoebus, Save the Dragons, milkman, Mastermind of Sin)

Not voting (2): Coron, NanookTheWolf.
Mr. Flay wrote:
Final Day Seven Vote Count

PeaceBringer - 6 (draygn_mage, Bamboomancer, PookyTheMagicalBear, d_rouge, rolandofthewhite, PeaceBringer)

Not voting (5): Coron, Dranko20, Werebear (was milkman), BabyJesus, Save the Dragons.
Hmm. Not cut and dry.... Bamboomancer jumps out at me, possible wolf jumping on his buddy at the end when it was obvious he was toast?

I find it very unlikely there would not be a wolf on the Peacebringer lynch. Can't see THAT many gg's piling up withough pausing to reconsider.
Baby Jesus I have decided to quote you first as this is what I thought too.

In my history of looking at bandwagons the chances that NO werewolves exist in those groups of people - is nearly nil.

IF Pooky is not screwing with us, and neither is draygn mage. then the only man standing from peacebringer's lynch mob is Bamboo. Who also comes from the Nanook Vote. I'd like to vote Bamboo too.. But I want to discuss Pooky a bit.

He claims to be "helping the town" quite loudly. Protesting a great deal. Yet when I come in and ask for a little explanation, it is completely beneath him to even acknowledge my existance. Not even a lift of a finger nail to explain why Pooky feels MOS - Mad Jackal shoudl swing.

How is that Pro Town ? In fact . the only "pro-town" thing I can think of that Pooky did, was to Volunteer to show us our Seer was "naive".

The God Father could have pulled that off.

Lets look at options.
Naive Seer. Pooky Godfather. = innocent "duh" like Pooky told us "he's naive" -and gets major props from the town - "cleared" status.

Sane Seer. Pooky GodFather. = innocent "duh" like Pooky told us "he's naive" - and the town goes on to immediately suspect still any-one that our Seer declared innocent. (and Pooky looks like hero and gains trust / support of dragyn_mage almost totally - down this home stretch.)

Insane Seer. GodFather Pooky. - no risk, not going to happen because of the players already declared innocent that are known to actually be innocent. Coolbot for example.

This also works if he is the "Wizzard" or "Devil." (the aces of the black decks in the pdf)

To be fair. If this anti miller role existed and was paired with the star crossed lovers he might have done the town a favor.
He has to have a bullet proof vest then ? or some sort of wolfs bane himself?

My questions keep coming .

Why have a cop looking for Werewolves when there is a seer ??
Could that not also point towards a mafia or serial killer hiding among us?

-Hey, the serial killer would also be named innocent by the seer. See how the list grows?

And who killed Nonchalance ????
Why have we not figured out this yet? Or even talked about it at all?

Didn't Pooky allude to the fact that he hunted wolves now? If this serial Killer is "holding draygn_mage hostage" I'm going to be pissed.

Bah. I just needed to get those points off my chest. I hate leaving any rock un-turned. Please discuss this stuff as the village will never find the rest of the bad guys if we don't talk about / work out everything.

I'm ready to
vote Bamboomancer
now. As he has was on both bandwagons... With our star crossed lover pair still "likely good" - pending discussion.... he is the correct choice in my opinion.

-oh. and not to ignore the nanook bandwagon I think there is definately at least 1 scum in there. But roland and BJ haven't come across to me yet.... as high as any others. which would leave pooky and dragyn...

PS. all of the lovers I have ever seen could pm / talk at night. These two claim not to. And did anyone think of them being "siblings" from the wikki ???

(again no stone unturned.)
Either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. You can form two lines to make it easier for me, or I'll figure it out on my own. It is your call.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I would imagine that the Stam killed nonchalance, it did say that he was killed in a battle with stam... Also I doubt there is a serial killer because we've had like one kill a night pretty much all the time cept 2 exceptions.

Lastly, if I was godfather and Dranko was sane, why would I come out? wouldn't that mean when he finds another scum that he'd have us both?

It makes absolutely no sense for a scum godfather to come out like that.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:15 pm

Post by Bamboomancer »

I supported a Peacebringer lynch for days, and stayed on it mostly out of respect for the fallen MoS. Everyone else has been jumping wagons and going after lurkers, I am one of the few who actually came out and tried to reason someone to being scum. Feel free to lynch me, because that'll be four mistakes in a row. Look at the MoS and the Coron bandwagons if you want your scum guys, how about the bandwagons that took all of A DAY to complete, huh? Why isn't ANYONE considering those?
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:24 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yet Another Vote Count
:

Mad Jackal - 2 (PookyTheMagicalBear, draygn_mage)
Bamboomancer - 2 (BabyJesus, Mad Jackal)

Not voting (3): Werebear, Bamboomancer, rolandofthewhite.

With 7 alive in the village, 4 votes will decide.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:30 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I would imagine that the Stam killed nonchalance, it did say that he was killed in a battle with stam... Also I doubt there is a serial killer because we've had like one kill a night pretty much all the time cept 2 exceptions.

Lastly, if I was godfather and Dranko was sane, why would I come out? wouldn't that mean when he finds another scum that he'd have us both?

It makes absolutely no sense for a scum godfather to come out like that.
I know your position on it. It was not my intention to get into an argument about it with you.

I am merely trying to dicsuss it with the rest of the group to see if we can figure out all of the angles. I don't want some-one saying later "Oh, I didn't think of that." or "If I had thought of that, then XYZ makes sense..."
Or it could influence a night time pro-town actor to make a better more informed call.

If you want to discuss someting with me Pooky. Please take a moment and explain to me what my former self did to garner your vote. If you were to continue to "help the village" I would think stepping out and sharing your thoughts would be in order instead of hiding behind "it was draygon_mage's idea" -or ignoring me completely.

I'm not interested in committing suicide nor being hanged without a fight. But of course the village does have the option to lynch me based on the two of you saying
nothing.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:29 am

Save The Dragons wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Why the bloody hell would a BAD wolf be in love with a GOOD human? How the !@#$ing hell can I win if my LOVER is on the other side?
Neither love nor sex know morality.
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
vote: pooky

I don't like miller-esque claims.
And that's exactly why mods do.
d_rouge wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote: I'll tell you now that I am nothing more then a civilian (townie), so basically you are wasting your time.
Hmm... townies are called villagers in this game, not civilians.
You look more and more suspicious to me, expect my vote soon, unless you explain me that part about Pooky's story changing.
If you vote Nanook for other reasons, then that's perfectly acceptable. If you kill Nanook because of this one, then we're not doing the right thing.

I don't care what happens to Nanook, I am not buying the freakin' good wolf thing.

Unless Nanook turns out to be a bad wolf. Then I'm buying it.

But I think Dragyn_mage slipped, so I'm pretty confident that Nanook is going to turn up as a...oh...here comes another one...CITIZEN.
STD made this very suspicious post IMO right b4 the nanook lynch, it seemed as if he wanted to make himself look like he had absolutely no idea that nanook was scum and also trying to befriend me at the same time.

Also since he mentioned Citizen instead of Villager it led me to believe he was some sort of power role, since he didn't know about that all townies are villagers or something.

I didn't call him out on this on the offchance that he might turn out to be some important protown role, but now I'm willing to wager he's just scum who made a slip up.

That and my lover lover is voting for him and I'm too lovesmitten not to vote with my man.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:29 am

That's not a role restriction btw, that's just me roleplaying :)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:53 am

Post by draygn_mage »

Bamboomancer wrote:I supported a Peacebringer lynch for days, and stayed on it mostly out of respect for the fallen MoS. Everyone else has been jumping wagons and going after lurkers, I am one of the few who actually came out and tried to reason someone to being scum. Feel free to lynch me, because that'll be four mistakes in a row. Look at the MoS and the Coron bandwagons if you want your scum guys, how about the bandwagons that took all of A DAY to complete, huh? Why isn't ANYONE considering those?
No one has said you weren't DEVOTED to a Peacebringer lynch, they just feel that you are scummy for it. If reason is your tool, who do you think we should lynch today? Don't tell us "where to look", dammit, vote for someone. That is how this game is played.

Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:00 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

Well when you only have about five seconds to post each day you make do with what you have, but fine, let me look over the vote history and I'll give you a name.
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:05 am

Post by draygn_mage »

not to be an ass about it, but if you only have 5 mins to post, why play? that just guarantees you never make a post of any substance.

Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:25 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

Mr. Flay wrote: Last Day Six Vote Count, powered by The Count-Counter 2000:

Mastermind of Sin - 7 (
BabyJesus
, draygn_mage, Phoebus, PookyTheMagicalBear, PeaceBringer,
Save the Dragons
, Mastermind of Sin)
PeaceBringer - 1 (Bamboomancer)

Not voting (5): Coron, rolandofthewhite, d_rouge, Dranko20, milkman.
Mr. Flay wrote: Final Day Eight Vote Count:
----------------------------------------------------
Coron - 5 (PookyTheMagicalBear,
Save the Dragons
, rolandofthewhite, draygn_mage, BabyJesus)
Save the Dragons - 1 (Coron)

Not voting (3): Werebear, Bamboomancer, d_rouge.
Isn't it interesting... that on the two lynches of the last four that BabyJesus chooses to ignore, he was either the instigator or the finishing vote?

Hmm... what an intriguing thought. Someone only dredging up the information that looks bad for me and ignoring the information that looks bad for themselves. What a shock.

Also, look at STD on these lynches as well. Now, I'll admit that it looked bad for me on the nanook lynch and I don't specifically remember what my reasoning was but at the time he was simply the best lynch. It was during the time when I was hardly playing the game, he had most of the votes on him and he seemed suspicious, so I went for it, there was no reason not to. As for Peacebringer, He wasn't playing the game well at all, and I got hilarious amounts of scum reads on him. After MoS was killed it only strengthened my resolve as he was on MoS's bandwagon and I find it hard to believe that anyone could be on t hat many townie bandwagons and be town.

The truth is that I've really only contributed to lynching two townies, and those are esme in the early game and more recently peacebringer. There have been many people who have been on multiple town bandwagons and they're our scum. Even though the town is stupid in this game, it's not possible for scum to sit back that much.

Vote: BabyJesus
Show
SIG TIME.

So to recap:
Bamboomancer
Bamboomancer
Goon
Bamboomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:26 am

Post by Bamboomancer »

draygn_mage wrote:not to be an ass about it, but if you only have 5 mins to post, why play? that just guarantees you never make a post of any substance.
Because I started this game like four months ago before I had to come back to college and worry about the organization i'm the president of and my senior project. Things change in four months, dragyn.
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:27 am

Post by draygn_mage »

Baby J, any rebuttal?

BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:46 am

Post by BabyJesus »

draygn_mage wrote:Baby J, any rebuttal?
rebuttal to Bamboo attacking the guy that voted him? lol.

I'm using the Peacebringer lynch in large part because that was by far the QUICKEST, and I think the one where we are likely to get a good snapshot of a wolf piling on and getting stuck.

The Nanook lynch is actually the vote where I am mostly focused on. THAT is the one we got a wolf lynched, and also the one in which Pooky was almost lynched, while wolfNanook was being runup. That is actually the main reason I voted Bamboo - I think he's a wolf who stayed off Nanook as long as possible until it was inevitable his wolfbuddy was going down.
I think 1) That snapshot is going to most helpful for us given those facts. 2) I find it VERY interested Bamboomancer does any kind of vote/voting analysis WITHOUT looking at that lynch. I think he decided before hand he wanted to vote me, and then tried to find a way to justify it.
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:49 am

Post by BabyJesus »

BabyJesus wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
Look! A New Page! And A New Vote Count!

PookyTheMagicalBear - 6 (Phoebus, Save the Dragons, NanookTheWolf, PeaceBringer, milkman, Mastermind of Sin)

NanookTheWolf - 4 (draygn_mage, PookyTheMagicalBear, rolandofthewhite, BabyJesus)
PeaceBringer - 1 (Bamboomancer)
Mastermind of Sin - 1 (d_rouge)

Not voting (2): Coron, Dranko20.

With 14 alive, 8 votes will cause a lynch.
Here's an interesting vote snapshot. Nanook being a wolf, and being in danger...I'm betting he's not the only wolf on Pooky here. And I'm definately not voting for roland here. dragyn and Pooky obviously being lovers not voting for Pooky...but I think if roland is dirty here he piles on Pooky to finish him off.

I'm willing to bet either STD or milkman are wolves.
This votecount is the only hesitation I have on Bamboomancer, as I wonder if he would have piled on Pooky to save Nanook here.... Of course, Bamboo is self-admitted he is not around much, or maybe he WOULD have?? This is the problem with lurkers. If he was more active, I'd probably clear him based on this, just like I am clearing roland.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:53 am

Post by Werebear »

You know, I think Mr. Jackal has pulled it off. The more I look at it, the more I suspect Bamboomancer. And I will say this - if one is scum in the spotlight, there's nothing like hashing out who was what position on previous bandwagons... assuming the numbers are in your favor.

I'm willing to take my reputation right now on Bamboomancer.
vote: bamboomancer
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 am

Post by Werebear »

nice typo. STAKE, not take.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”