Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 11:46 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

@Troll: Again, I think it better to let an SK and Mafia duke it out until we reach just above mini level. However, if we do FIND an SK, it's good to keep that in the public consciousness and keep them on a leash.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zorblag wrote:@farside22, thanks for taking some time to look at that. I guess I think that 5 votes for 5 different players over the course of 10 posts feels like it's all over the place to me and it does feel like he's hesitating as a reaction to the information about Fishythefish but perhaps you're taking those into account.
What I mean by all over the place is that he will post something that is just one post that is all over the place and votes for someone for some oblique reason here. He hesitates more on voting and like you almost get a self aware vibe when reading a player when their newb scum. I know it's sounds weird but it's sometimes a feel you get when you read a player.
As for other scum suspects. Meh I have better town reads then scum reads right now. I could name more town reads and just narrow down from there the remaining players.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@farside22, actually, while I'm asking questions, given what you know of her views on scum hunting what do you think of DrippingGoofball's focus on someone she thinks is a Serial Killer at the start of the game?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zorblag wrote:@farside22, actually, while I'm asking questions, given what you know of her views on scum hunting what do you think of DrippingGoofball's focus on someone she thinks is a Serial Killer at the start of the game?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
I see nothing wrong with it. The town win condition is stated to get rid of threats that want you dead. Sure mafia have to worry as much as town about a SK. However in most games there is only one SK and a mafia is a group. You get rid of a SK you get rid of one kill going off in the night. You get rid of one mafia you still have a mafia group that performs the kills along with a SK.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

farside22 wrote:My issue with the Nico wagon is (current game reference moment) Nico doesn't play scum well. I can't imagine someone who got (current game reference here) would chose to play scum in this game.
That is so townie. Or in this game, townie/nh-other ;-)
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@farside22, OK, and one last question. How likely do you think it is that I'm town at this point? If you're getting more town reads than scum reads should I take it that I'm not falling into that town read category for you?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
farside22 wrote:My issue with the Nico wagon is (current game reference moment) Nico doesn't play scum well. I can't imagine someone who got (current game reference here) would chose to play scum in this game.
That is so townie. Or in this game, townie/nh-other ;-)
True........it's just well for example I didn't both nh-other because I had no clue what it meant so I stuck with something I knew and do well, less stress, blah, blah, blah.
I'm thinking a newb who's ususally playing town on MS and really bad scum so far taking on something he may never have done would take big balls and no offense to Nico he doesn't strike me as that type.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zorblag wrote:@farside22, OK, and one last question. How likely do you think it is that I'm town at this point? If you're getting more town reads than scum reads should I take it that I'm not falling into that town read category for you?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Do you give me town vibes. No. I know i have seen you in a game as town and it's been awhile (not including on going game here) and that game you talk logical circles to the point I realized I would never be able to get a read on you no matter your allignment.
When you talk logical for me it's like a defense against scum hunting. It makes you immune to those who look for those little details or talk from their heart. It keeps you at a distance that makes you difficult to really ever get a good read on.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@farside22, I think that I've been doing more than just talking logic in circles so far this game. I think that I've been giving opinions about players based on their actions pretty much from the get go. Do you not have an impression of me based on those (others seem to have come to conclusions)? Are you really trying to say that it's not worth trying to get a read on me based on what you've seen of my play?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

Zorblag wrote:@farside22, I think that I've been doing more than just talking logic in circles so far this game. I think that I've been giving opinions about players based on their actions pretty much from the get go. Do you not have an impression of me based on those (others seem to have come to conclusions)? Are you really trying to say that it's not worth trying to get a read on me based on what you've seen of my play?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
You willing to link me to games you were town, scum, sk for reference?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@farside22, all of my games can be found at my Wiki organized by my alignment. I've never had an alignment other than town or mafia so I can't help with the Serial Killer but there are plenty examples of my town and scum play.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Jack »

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by farside22 »

Alright well I will have to look through al this either tonight or tomorrow sometime when I have a chance. Weekends are a bit harder to get through things online.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Nico and RC, still waiting for your answer to 1182.

Mod: Is the deadline 11am or 11pm on the 24th?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by zoraster »

Gammagooey wrote:Nico and RC, still waiting for your answer to 1182.

Mod: Is the deadline 11am or 11pm on the 24th?
11 am. I use 24-hour time for my deadlines (e.g. 4pm becomes 16:00)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Gammagooey, shouldn't you still want to hear from charter as well on that list?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Yeaaaaaah but his vote is less dumb so I don't care as much.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Gammagooey, I guess I don't see why it's less impressive than d3x's or RedCoyote's (who you do list) at this point. Do you think that a vote for Fishythefish that's not going to lead to a lynch is better than a vote for someone else that isn't going to lead to a lynch? Do you think that d3x is a good vote at this point? I know you were talking with d3x a bit but I'm not sure that you think he's likely to be scum at this point.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Jack was a great lynch. Yesterday. Then we had a non-hostile other flip, and a non-hostile other claim explain all the points stuff today, which explains Jack's behavior so much better than town/mafia/cult considering there's at least 4 more out there not including xvart+fishy. That plus a lot of people actually suspecting d3x today makes him a way better vote than Jack right now IMO, even though they'll probably wind up being equally useless.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:43 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

EBWOP:the votes will probably be equally useless, not the players.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:50 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Gammagooey, none of the players I asked about are voting for Jack. Do you think that charter will be less useless than RedCoyote or d3x? Or are you trying to say Fishythefish instead of Jack? You've lost me.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh wow I'm retarded, thought Red was still voting Jack instead of fishy, but of the 3 1-2 vote wagons d3x's is the only one that I could see going somewhere today based on support from other players, Jack's wagon is as described and fishy's died out a while back.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I dont know what you want me to say, Gamma. I'll move to prevent no lynch from happening, but it seems painfully obvious where the votes should be today. I'm in the minority, and I accept that. That doesn't mean I think Fishy is any better because people aren't going to listen to me/don't believe me. If y'all think we'll lose if we don't lynch a mafia everyday, then that's your business. I think that's incredibly short-sighted and presumptive. Until people wise up and say, "Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't trust Fishy's motivations 100%", then I think we'll just be at an impasse. There are things I can negotiate on, you know, I'm a reasonable guy. If Fishy says he'll visit the PGO, then that's fine, if he is willing to out his partner(s) or his action(s), that might by him a little creditability, but he has chosen not to do these things. Then, once Fishy claims non-hostile after being
caught roleblocking
he comes up with a convenient story about how he's going to flip non-hostile and the town'll be sorry if they lynch him! Everyone bends over backwards to lap it up and come up with all these stories about how Fishy was driven and that he shouldn't be forced to tell us about his actions and that we should leave poor Fishy alone. I guess we want Fishy to stick around a long as possible, as an anti-town force it's important that he have a say on the fate of this town during the endgame, right? :roll:
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@RedCoyote, on a practical note, if Fishythefish isn't lynched today (which it seems that he won't be) who would your next choice be? A principled stance is one thing but at some point one needs to acknowledge the situation.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 9:52 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Chronopie, you seem to have been looking the thread over but not posting just now. As far as I can tell you're in the group that's voting for me just because DrippingGoofball thinks that I'm a Serial Killer so I'm particularly interested in hearing your thoughts about what people have been saying.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”