NY 114: Mafia vs. Werewolves (Game Over)

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Parama »

Midnight is missing the point.

My original reasons =/= BS
My original reasons = easy logic to follow that damns Nhammen because he knows he's caught

Your blatant defense of Nhammen by calling the logic crap without disproving any of it is noted.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by Midnight's Sorrow »

Am I missing the point?

Because honestly, I can't see the logic in your reasons for voting him in the first place.
W/L/O
T: 8/6/1
S: 1/4/0
O: 0/2/0
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:39 pm

Post by Parama »

Then you don't understand my reasons which means you probably aren't reading my posts since I spelled them out pretty clearly.

READ THE THREAD.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:41 pm

I have read the thread. Just because I can't see the logic in your reasons does not mean I don't understand what has been said. I can read you know :P
W/L/O
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by askbob »

LURKERS:

# Dr. Robotnik
# Dry-fit
# pman5595
# Sevis

pman has literally posted nothing and then jumped on the nahmen bandwagon. I mean he has like 3 posts. He either isn't reading all the posts in this forum, or is lurking. My bet is on lurking. Also I don't really buy nehmen's roleclaim. Roleblocker is plausible, however I don't know how many roles the mafia or werewolves would have to block. Losing him IMO wouldn't be a horrible thing as he'll most likely only end up blocking important townie roles (if he happens to be townie). I'm not buying his claim. Before I vote how many votes are on nehmen. Not that I care about being the one to put the nail in his coffin, but SSB made a good point. We should use the remaining time to our advantage. Also I want to here more out of the lurkers. Also I'm sure I missed a couple people. I just looked at the list and picked the names I didn't recognize and counted their posts. These guys had like less than 10 I think pman had like 3 or 4 posts and one of them was a bandwagon hop.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Chronopie »

A roleblocker is not a useful town role. Due to being uninformed, there is a much higher potential of missing a Block, or even Hitting something useful (Such as a cop).
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Whether a roleblocker town role is useful or not....its still town? and therefore not scum?

Or have I missed some important memo?
W/L/O
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by Parama »

Chronopie wrote:A roleblocker is not a useful town role. Due to being uninformed, there is a much higher potential of missing a Block, or even Hitting something useful (Such as a cop).
So you're saying you think he's town but his role is useless anyways so we should lynch him.

:?

Someone daykill Chrono or Nhammen please.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

askbob wrote:LURKERS:

# Dr. Robotnik
# Dry-fit

# pman5595
# Sevis
Nice catch on pman5595. I'll be looking into him more closely. Dr. Robotnik is obivous lurker who hasn't really posted much substance.

But the bolded, Dry-fit and Sevis, I disagree with. Dry-fit isn't the most active person, yes, but he is at least putting forth some efforts into his game here, with some of his posts being decent.

Sevis has been posting daily since March 18, 2010 and has giving us a fair amount of substances in the game. He's put forth about the same amount of effort as Dry-fit and has been slightly more active then him.

They aren't really lurking that bad.

What about these people?

The Goat: Almost no substance from him and he promised an analysis tonight. He has about thirty minutes to get it in or I will FoS him.

Timeater: He has been active lurking as well. He's only made like one or two decent posts in the game and his analysis was basically him voting Chronopie and summerizing up what happen in the day, which gave us little to work on.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Parama »

Chronopie wrote:A roleblocker is not a useful town role. Due to being uninformed, there is a much higher potential of missing a Block, or even Hitting something useful (Such as a cop).
Again.
Y'know what. Screw it.
unvote, vote: Chronopie

Guys I think he scumslipped right here.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by nhammen »

SGRaaize

Very defensive. Also somewhat indecisive.
SGRaaize wrote:I am always defensive, I don't like misunderstandings, accumulated misunderstandings always result in a lynch, it would be far worse if I tried to correct all of you when I was at L-3
Meta Warrior needs links badly!

unvote
to let him provide previous Town games, to see if he actually is always defensive.

Chrono

Fluff. Active fluff. I think there's another term for that.

His vote on me is bad. His explanation for that vote is bad too, but I think all of the explanations have been bad, so I'm obviously not a good judge.
Chronopie wrote:My Voting nhammen was based on the fact that his post was lacking in actual content, for a post so long.
Ugh...

Chrono, who are you suspicious of? 6 names.

askbob

Lots of posts. And zero content. He's even worse about it than Chrono.

Ok, there is an attack against vezo for rolefishing... The rest is telling people to stop voting Masons, which I agree with. But there are no cases, no scumhunting.

Who are you suspicious of?

Parama
Parama wrote:Because I make valid points that you cannot deny, I'm scum?
I have tried to defend against these arguments, but to you that just makes me scummier. So maybe I should turn the question around, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" I mean, if you want to make me look scummy no matter what answer I give...
Parama wrote:Note that your argument is even weaker since there are two scumteams thus scum would want to find each other.
Shit, you are right...
Parama wrote:You call me scum for no reason, call my case crap for no reason, and you're just not even trying at all.
Not trying??? Not trying? HAVE YOU EVEN READ ANYTHING I HAVE SAID??? Arg this game is getting depressing.

Wow, he likes to tunnel!
@Parama links to previous games please. I'd like to know if you tunnel like this always, or if it is something unique to this game. (Should have asked this when he was tunneling SSBF.

Also, the post in which he votes me could be considered distancing from SGR. He votes SGR but immediately pulls the vote off. But this depends on SGR's flip first, so yeah.

Sevis

I already stated that sevis' vote doesn't make sense. But we are in multi-scum, so he could agree with my scumhunting and still think I'm scum. Except for one fact: Parama's entire case was a disagreement about my scumhunting methods. So, sevis, what did you find scummy about me? I would like your case.

robotnik
Timeater
, and
Goat

Lurkers! Possible scum, but no read yet.

pman

Both a Lurker and scummy! Hello! Very few posts. His jump on my wagon says oh I don't need to give a case, others already did so. So I'll just join in the fun!

At this point I will
vote pman

And, to emphasize the questions up to here, I will restate them:
@pman what are your reasons for voting me?
@Lowell what are your reasons for voting me?
@sevis what are your reasons for voting me?
@SGR could you provide links to previous games?
@Parama could you provide links to previous games?
@Chrono Give me a list of the 6 people you find scummiest.
@askbob Give me a list of the 6 people you find scummiest.

Also, is it just me or do Midnight's actions look like buddying? But why would a scum buddy to a player that might be a member of the opposite faction? So at this point, I am taking his posts at face value... I hope this is not wrong.
Dry-fit wrote:That's now what I was implying. By accusing me of being on the fence he was saying I was accusing a lot of people without taking a firm stance on any of them. I assume he said this because I didn't place a vote in that post. The reason for that is that I was previously voting for one of them (you) and this just added to my case. However, with your claim and recent posts I think it's likely you're town.
No, I was saying you were fence-sitting about the robotnik case. On the one hand, the wagon is scummy (case is bad) on the other he is scummy (case is good).
Vi wrote:His doublepost adding pman to the group of lurkers suggests that he was actually trying to reread the game (although he hasn't come back yet after seven hours so etc.).
Wow! That is exactly right. And after pman I got bored and left, because it would take a lot of work and I could finish after dinner... As for the discussion about AtE, I think putting input into that myself would qualify as WIFOM, so I wont.

BTW I am surprised to be seen as a good player. Especially given that every single last one of my reads in the linked game and the conversation afterward was completely wrong...
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by nhammen »

Holy cow! That post took me 2 hours... I was right to think that it would take a lot of work...

And because these weren't as emphasized as I thought, I will restate them again:
@pman what are your reasons for voting me?
@Lowell what are your reasons for voting me?
@sevis what are your reasons for voting me?
@SGR could you provide links to previous games?
@Parama could you provide links to previous games?
@Chrono Give me a list of the 6 people you find scummiest.
@askbob Give me a list of the 6 people you find scummiest.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:06 pm

urgh....-.- I hate Meta. Why do people cling to it with an iron fist here.

Past games do not affect the present game, therefore have no cause for the future.
W/L/O
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

@nhammen: Not everyone is able to come up with six suspects in this game you know. For most people, that's asking a bit much.
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by nhammen »

I only use meta occasionally. In fact, the only case I have ever used it, is if a player uses scummy behavior that they claim to have used as Town, or that I knew they had used as Town. For example, I would be attacking Lowell pretty hard, but I have seen him act exactly like this in a previous game in which he was Town. So my case is null.

SGR's defensiveness is scummy, but he says he always does it. If he does, my case is null. If he doesn't he's lying. Tada! Parama said he used tunneling as a tactic. Similar situation.
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by askbob »

Parama wrote:
Again.
Y'know what. Screw it.
unvote, vote: Chronopie

Guys I think he scumslipped right here.
Did you miss the part where he claimed crimbonation? That's a townie role and is definetly a PR. Look it up on the wiki. Now I know this does not make him completely town, but I buy it enough not to lynch him. Go after the lurkers like richard.
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:22 pm

wrong game dude....:o
W/L/O
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by askbob »

Midnight's Sorrow wrote:wrong game dude....:o
dangit I'm calling it a night. I'll be back tommorow. Clearly I'm tired lol. Has chronopie claimed anything at all in this game?
Midnight's Sorrow
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Midnight's Sorrow
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:26 pm

None that I saw.~ Though undoubtedly everyone and their mothers have claimed, so your question is pretty sound to ask. xD
W/L/O
askbob
askbob
Goon
askbob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by askbob »

[quote="nhammen"]
SGRaaize

askbob

Lots of posts. And zero content. He's even worse about it than Chrono.

Ok, there is an attack against vezo for rolefishing... The rest is telling people to stop voting Masons, which I agree with. But there are no cases, no scumhunting.

Who are you suspicious of?

How have I done no scumhunting? I just went through the entire thread and counted posts and found some lurkers.

I also don't really buy that there is a townie roleblocker.

So my suspicions are the lurker list above combined with you. Particularly pman as I said above, he's had like 3 posts, 1 of them randomly jumping on the wagon with no analysis.

Since i want this day phase to last longer and get pman to slip up:
Unvote Vote pman
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by nhammen »

askbob wrote:How have I done no scumhunting? I just went through the entire thread and counted posts and found some lurkers.
That is your idea of scumhunting??

/looks at join date. Oh...

Lurking can be scummy, but it can't be the only thing you look for. By itself it means nothing. Although later it means you have no read, so... But this is all getting off of the subject of, you need to look for more than just lurking.
daniel94581
daniel94581
Townie
daniel94581
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by daniel94581 »

from previous experience:

vote nhammen

One of the games someone claimed roleblocker at the start of the last day. It turned out to be mafia roleblocker and when they don't say
town
roleblocker it makes me think mafia roleblocker. It's an important role for the mafia so it's best to lynch it. I'm not saying that he is mafia roleblocker though.
Sevis
Sevis
Goon
Sevis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by Sevis »

[quote="Sevis, ISO 7]Reading ISOs, I'm getting the feeling the mason group is receiving far too much attention.[/quote]

This is my main reason for voting you, nhammen. Vi seems to not understand what I mean with it, but I still insist this game is -- at the moment -- far too messy for my liking. I do not feel your wagon will lead to a lynch, but having a wagon of this size will let me note down people's opinions on it, letting me get further with scumhunting. I'm still busy with ISOing people about it, but I'll hopefully get that done today.

The case on you was built on the fact that you were treating foilist and Chrono very differently, which I agree with. You overreacted to foilist and underreacted to Chrono. None the less, you reacted to both, and those reactions were interesting to see, and were one's that I didn't entirely disagree with.

Unvote
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Comprehension Fail.

A roleblocker is a useless role for a townie to have, therefore, I doubt that it's a town role.

--

Also @Askbob, Midnight: :lol: cross game confusion is fun.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by vezopiraka »

nhammen wrote:
Also, is it just me or do Midnight's actions look like buddying? But why would a scum buddy to a player that might be a member of the opposite faction? So at this point, I am taking his posts at face value... I hope this is not wrong.

Wow. Great scumslip. How could you know he budies for someone of an opposing faction?? Only if both of you are in the same faction. Thank nhammen if you keep up the good work we can lynch all your group in no time
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”