Mini 971: Princess bride - They all lived .......

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
kmd wrote:I guarantee that at least one scum was on board with the Sens lynch.
Yeah, Sens. (Seriously though, at least one scum among a group of 5 people? Big deal.)
No, there's more to it than "here's 5 people and there's a scum". CKD or Jack is more than likely scum.

If you and ekiM are town, Parama can be added to that list.

If I'm still wrong, Bv is guaranteed scum and I'd be more than willing to place an avatar bet at that point.
Steam wrote:The essential problem with analysing the Senslynch is that it was just a silly RVS wagon right up to the point that Sens self-hammered.
OH REALLY.

Bv, while his vote was part of the RVS, was around PLENTY if he had wanted to change his vote. Never did.

CKD, I believe voted out of policy with intent to lynch, if not immiediately, at least it turned into that.

Animorph cited policy then called Sens scum at least 3 more times. I highly doubt he was joking around with his posts.

Jack appeared to be reaction fishing initially, but after that, it became clear he was SERIOUSBIZNESS about a Sens lynch.

Parama just kind of hopped on. Not in an RVS way, but in a bandwagon-near-lynch kind of way. This actually has me rethinking my stances on Parama, Steam, and ekiM.

Then I changed my vote, not because ekiM had gotten any townier, but because my meta on Sens was telling me SCUMSCUMSCUMSCUM and he was close to a lynch.

Then his self-hammer.

Clearly not an RVS wagon.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well.
Vote count:

bv310 (2) ekiM, Debonair Danny DiPietro
wolframhart (1) Steam Powered Shovel
DDD (2) Jack, MacavityLock
ekiM (3) Parama, Kmd4390, bv310

Not voting:

curiouskarmadog
wolframnhart

with 10 alive it will take 6 to lynch
Deadline is June 7, 8:40am
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Parama »

Kmd4390 wrote: Parama just kind of hopped on. Not in an RVS way, but in a bandwagon-near-lynch kind of way. This actually has me rethinking my stances on Parama, Steam, and ekiM.
There was no reason to vote someone who obviously wasn't going to be lynched D1. So I bandwagoned because nobody would listen. I bet if we lynch ekiM he'll flip scum and I'll have been on two scum wagons instead of just one.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 10:32 am

Post by bv310 »

V/LA Unitl Monday at the earliest

Sorry guys. I'll do a catchup when I get back.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Are you advocating a ekim lynch parama? Your vote says otherwise.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by Parama »

wolframnhart wrote:Are you advocating a ekim lynch parama? Your vote says otherwise.
Um. I'm voting ekiM.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

><

I fail at vote count reading, sorry there. I was getting townie vibes from ekim, but I will have to look closer to see if people have found something i missed.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:11 am

Post by farside22 »

Prodding:

ekiM
Jack
MacavityLock
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Jack »

DDD is scum because:

a) weird dancing around the sens wagon in iso 1,2,3. His first comment on the game is to object to lynching sens, but he is just fine with l-1...this is his only input on the day. This is mafioso wanting the lynch to happen.

b) Next is his "town lean on mike, parama is MUCH more likely to be scum, I'll vote a lurker" vote from day 2. "tut tut we must force him to scumhunt" when DDD hasn't done jack himself.

c) Finally in ISO 8 he finds a reason to stick with his bv vote, he is clearly scum just settling down

I waited around to see what he'd do, answer is nothing.
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 5:41 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Emergency V/LA due to flat tire away from home. On borrowed time on a friend's comp. Will be back soon (a day?) hopefully.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Unvote, Vote Parama

I trust VC Analysis TM over my reads.

DDD is Parama's scumbuddy.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Jack wrote:DDD is scum because:

a) weird dancing around the sens wagon in iso 1,2,3. His first comment on the game is to object to lynching sens, but he is just fine with l-1...this is his only input on the day. This is mafioso wanting the lynch to happen.
You were fine with L-1 as well, hypocrite.
Jack wrote:I was hoping to see what arguments would be made for/against him being at L-1. It's a kind of pressure situation that you can get good reads from after the flip. Kinda didn't get much with the self hammer though.
That was my exact position and still is, L-1 useful for reads, so quickly dead (with a self-hammer) means there's not much to go on, contrary to KMD's attempts to find something in it.
b) Next is his "town lean on mike, parama is MUCH more likely to be scum, I'll vote a lurker" vote from day 2. "tut tut we must force him to scumhunt" when DDD hasn't done jack himself.
So, do you plan on enabling all the anti-town players or just the ones that are especially more likely to be scum?
c) Finally in ISO 8 he finds a reason to stick with his bv vote, he is clearly scum just settling down
Really if you have some fantastic town spin on bv's one post with content I'd love to hear it, but I'm pretty confident I'm reading the intent and purpose correctly.
I waited around to see what he'd do, answer is
nothing
scumhunt.
FTFW.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Parama »

Hey guys, a revelation: ekiM is scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

DDD wrote:You were fine with L-1 as well, hypocrite.
Pretty sure Jack never went against the Sens lynch originally.
DDD wrote:That was my exact position and still is, L-1 useful for reads, so quickly dead (with a self-hammer) means there's not much to go on, contrary to KMD's attempts to find something in it.
Guys, DDD is right. We should be sitting around with our thumbs up our asses so scum can control the game for us.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Screw it, Parama can wait a day.

Unvote, Vote DDD
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:42 am

Post by ekiM »

Sorry, had an exam yesterday and needed more last-minute cramming than I was planning for.
Parama 187 wrote:ekiM, your reasons are ones that *look* good on paper but when you really analyze them they're full of crap logic and are completely false. Those are the types reasons that scum use, btw.
Parama 202 wrote:There was no reason to vote someone who obviously wasn't going to be lynched D1. So I bandwagoned because nobody would listen. I bet if we lynch ekiM he'll flip scum and I'll have been on two scum wagons instead of just one.
Parama 212 wrote:Hey guys, a revelation: ekiM is scum.
Literally the only reason you've given to suspect me is "I didn't like his reasons for voting me, so he must've been scum who couldn't find anyone else in the game to vote for". You've yet to explain how that makes sense. And it's pretty much the only thing you've said since you decided to vote for me yesterday...
Kmd4390 188 wrote:
ekiM wrote:
How is putting the third vote on someone right at the start of the game trying to stay in the background?
How is it NOT staying in the background. You just do what is popular and roll with it.
It's more likely to get attention than putting a vote on someone who doesn't have one.
Kmd4390 188 wrote:
ekiM wrote:
Those were the major things going on, those were the conclusions I drew from them. I wasn't going to pretend to get more out of them than I did.
Conclusions?!? Sorry, but "maybe town but maybe scum, we'll see" isn't a conclusion.
Semantics. Several people found Sens scummy for voting for ML. I didn't. I said so.
Kmd4390 188 wrote:
ekiM wrote:
The first complaint that you had about me was that I random voted in a way you didn't like! My random vote might've helped move the game forwards, whereas Parama adopting a purely reactive stance early on seems like an attempt to hide in the foreground to me. Not super-strong, but enough to attract my suspicion, especially when he continues to post a bunch while saying almost nothing.
Ok, don't even try to pretend that my issue with you was "they way you random voted". It was the content of the post and how it went right with what everyone else was doing.

Now you are shifting the argument to say that your post "moved the game forward" and that because Parama didn't do that, I have to suspect him. No.
That's what I meant by "the way I random voted". Semantics again.

You said my read on Parama is crap because part of it is that he "random voted the wrong way". That's part of the reason you voted for me, because I "random voted the wrong way" by putting the third vote on someone.

I'm not saying anything about whom you do have to suspect. I'm saying it doesn't make sense to suspect me for using RVS behavior in my suspicion of someone when you did the same thing.
Kmd4390 188 wrote:A "reactive stance" isn't scummy or contrived. It's a natural reaction that most people have. Something comes up that triggers a reaction and, well, there's bound to be that reaction.
Huh? Parama said "someone vote me so I can vote them". That's not at all the same thing as reacting naturally to something that's happened.
Kmd4390 188 wrote:
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:
Parama, would you nightkill ani as scum?
Only a vig would kill Animorph, I'd think.

Or scum trying to set up Parama.

Hmm.

Question for you. Why did the scum kill fail last night? Inactivity by scum? Animorph protected the right person? Something else?
Doubt we had a SK and a vig. 3 kills in a 12 man game?
SPS 189 wrote:P.S. Parama is looking a little town now although I don't agree with his stance on ekiM.
Why? To both.
bv310 191 wrote:Okay, 1 catchup down, 2 to go.

First up, SPS.
Steam-Powered Shovel wrote:Ckd seems town.

Parama, would you nightkill ani as scum?

Let's
vote: wolframnhart
What is the purpose of this question? How is introducing WIFOM into the game on page 8 helpful? Also, if you are suspicious of Parama, why vote for Wolf?

Next up, ekiM. I'm not a fan of his play so far. His calling me out at the start of the day for non-contributing when he has less posts than me is actually quite funny. I'm also a huge fan of his self-evaluation. "what he did say is all reasonable". That plus his IIoA for all of Day 1 and a good part of Day 2 means I'm going to
Vote: ekiM
This isn't a catch-up. You've asked one inconsequential query, looked at the person voting you, seen some other dudes voting for him, and added to it with crap reasons. This is your first post with content in the game, and you've still done zero analysis.

As for your "case", I had fewer posts than you but way more contribution. It's absolutely valid to point out you said NOTHING AT ALL on D1. What do you expect from a self-evaluation, and why is what I said scummy? And do you even know what IIoA means?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:55 am

Post by ekiM »

KMD, I'm not sure how strong you think "people in the middle of the lynch wagon are more likely scum" is? Does it apply the same if the wagon is on a SK?

200 where you analyze why you think people got on the wagon is better...
Parama wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Parama just kind of hopped on. Not in an RVS way, but in a bandwagon-near-lynch kind of way. This actually has me rethinking my stances on Parama, Steam, and ekiM.
There was no reason to vote someone who obviously wasn't going to be lynched D1. So I bandwagoned because nobody would listen.
Wait, what? So you're saying in post 112, on page 5, with 4 votes on Sens, it was obvious that I would not be lynched D1, and Sens was the lynch for the day? Or... what?

And you give no indication of this when you make your vote, you talk about how Sens must be scum because ani named him as scum and ani must be scum with me for naming you as scum, or some other BS.

"I bandwagoned because nobody would listen"... so it wasn't because you suspected him?

On DDD

a) kind of requires him to think that a lynch going through so early was at all likely... and I don't see why he would.
b) and c) I don't see why suspecting the person with zero intent to contribute is obv scum behavior.

hey, Jack. What were your two "very good reasons" for pushing a lynch on Sens? Why have I had to ask this like five times to get any sort of a response at all, and still not an answer? What are you looking for by asking me to guess?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Parama »

ekiM wrote: "I bandwagoned because nobody would listen"... so it wasn't because you suspected him?
Yup. It was a pure bandwagon vote. I only do those when there's no point in doing otherwise.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:59 am

Post by ekiM »

Why was there no point in doing otherwise? Why would you think the day was effectively over at that point?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Parama »

ekiM wrote:Why was there no point in doing otherwise? Why would you think the day was effectively over at that point?
You're acting like I hammered him. I just put him closer to lynch, I didn't hammer him. Plus pressure never hurts. But yeah tbh I had no reason to suspect Sens. It's fun watching you get so hung up on this, trying to find any reason at all to find me suspicious :D
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 am

Post by ekiM »

If you thought "there was no point doing otherwise" you must have thought there was no way to get another lynch that day? That his lynch was inevitable. Or what else?

Why did you think "there was no point doing otherwise"?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Parama »

There was no logic on the wagon and yet it continued to grow. That's why it was inevitable.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 am

Post by ekiM »

At the point you voted, you didn't suspect Sens, thought there were no reasons behind his wagon, but thought his lynch was going to go through? And instead of arguing against the lynch you decided to contribute to the wagon you thought was bad?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Parama »

Yes. Yes.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:11 am

Post by ekiM »

Unvote; Vote: Parama

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”