Newbie 940 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri May 21, 2010 9:46 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

silverbullet999 wrote:
I can't not help people. It's my nature. (I'm going to be an IC as soon as I get an available game slot. Thus, the helping thing.)
Meh, it's not good to help everyone unless you are IC or the other position thingy. Could you by chance link to your other games, and if you are feeling very generous/adventurous, link to where you are being helpful?
Well, even though I'm qualified* as an SE, I didn't specifically replace into this game as an SE. But still.

My games are all on my spiffy wiki page (which I'm sure I've mentioned in this thread before; I'm a bit too happy with it and like to share).

As far as linking to other games where I've been helpful, I'm not really sure that doing so would add anything to this game.

*My understanding of SE qualification is having completed two games onsite. I've completed more than that. In looking at the wiki SE article, I find that it says SEs may answer questions. Perhaps I've overstepped my bounds.
@Mod: Have I done something I shouldn't've?

I don't have any problem with SEs answering general questions. The position is not a teaching position per se, it's just there so that more experienced players aren't taking up Newbie spots. If you feel that you know the answer to the question feel free. That goes for anyone. If it's flat-out wrong the IC (or myself) will correct you.

~Vel
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 2:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

Haylen - 2 (hohum, Thor665)
hohum - 1 (Haylen)
Equinox - 1 (Nachomamma8)
silverbullet999 - 1 (Nobody Special)
Nobody Special - 1 (silverbullet999)

Not Voting - 1 (Equinox)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Saturday, May 29.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thor665 wrote: @Nacho - your stance about not making commentary because 'posting just to post is bad for town' is (and pardon my French) Smurfpoo. Yeah, you shouldn't post just to post, but a claimed lack of opinions is just a cop out and I don't like the implied lack of need to scumhunt. With Sauron replacing out are you planning to continue your current top case or no, and why?
It's not that I had a lack of opinions; I only had one major suspect at the time and was waiting for a response from him. It also really wasn't a good time for me then (I was preparing for my week-long trip), so I really wasn't able to read back through the game and organize my other suspects... Of course I'm still planning on continuing my case on Sauron because I still believe that the slot is scum. I will, however, give the replacement time to catch up.
Thor665 wrote: That said I've lynched him before where the lynch involved claims of lurking and avoiding commentary and he was town then.
The following shall be addressed to Haylen and Thor:

Please do not publicly disclose meta of me. As town, I don't like being cleared by meta and not by my actual play, and I don't like being called scum when/if I want to change my style. As scum, I obviously don't want to be outed immediately, and it's no fun to win if people are clearing me because of meta. Don't mind if you use it, but publicly declaring it is a big no-no for 90% of situations. Thanks for understanding!

Much love,
Nacho

@Pooh Bear:
While you're writing that analysis, be sure to show points where Thor is singularly scummy aswell.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:Please do not publicly disclose meta of me.
How do you expect someone to do this unless they totally remove meta as part of their read on other players. If you use meta internally to make decisions and people ask you to explain those decisions you are obligated to present the meta so others understand how you got to the decision.

This is basically asking other players to not use a piece of evidence in assessing someone, and I don't think I can promise to do that for you or anyone else.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Thor665 wrote: How do you expect someone to do this unless they totally remove meta as part of their read on other players.
I don't understand this.
Thor665 wrote: If you use meta internally to make decisions and people ask you to explain those decisions you are obligated to present the meta so others understand how you got to the decision.
Thus, the 90% comment. Unless I've suddenly lost the ability of reading comprehension, you weren't asked why you were hesitating for a lynch on me. It also wasn't good for TownYou to include in your analysis because you discounted your own point while declaring me suspcious.
Thor665 wrote: This is basically asking other players to not use a piece of evidence in assessing someone, and I don't think I can promise to do that for you or anyone else.
You can use it all you want. But saying it usually hurts more than it helps, which is something I'm sure that you can recognize.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Thor665 wrote: How do you expect someone to do this unless they totally remove meta as part of their read on other players.
I don't understand this.
The logic being, if you can't explain the meta then you can't afford to use it internally since you can't (shouldn't rather) use reads you cannot explain. There's a reason gut is made fun of when people use it in cases. Gut works fine for placing a vote, gut works terribly to convince others to vote with you.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Thus, the 90% comment. Unless I've suddenly lost the ability of reading comprehension, you weren't asked why you were hesitating for a lynch on me. It also wasn't good for TownYou to include in your analysis because you discounted your own point while declaring me suspcious.
That's a very good point, I'll have to pay attention to that habit in the future.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Post by Haylen »

Thor, considering I gave evidence for every point I made against Hohum, you really can't call my logic poor.

Nacho, can we have some reads and analysis please?

I'm going now. Work. I hate work. Work sucks. Grr. Stupid work.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 4:42 am

Post by Equinox »

All right... I promised I would have stuff by Saturday at the latest. I did. I finished reading everything on Friday, and then I somehow got the idea of changing the email address on my account, which deactivated my access to MafiaScum for a good part of the weekend. :oops:

Anyway, I apologize for taking so long to get through the thread. I'll be fine now that I'm all caught up (except for Page 23, which I'll read today). I'll probably need to run through certain parts of the game again, since I read somewhat superficially and would no doubt have missed something important.

Spreadsheet LinkI am continuing Sauron's voting patterns spreadsheet in a new document, which can be accessed here. Days are split into individual sheets, which are linked at the top. Please don't hesitate to tell me if there are any mistakes.

I'd like to thank Sweenytodd for his page-by-page summaries and Thor665 for a very brief Day 1 summary (as well as hohum for asking for it). They were very helpful.
Thor665 wrote:Newbies are all insane little adrenaline monkeys who run around with hammers while barely able to tell a scumtell from a towntell (which only puts me slightly above them).
Hahahaha. I love this quote. It leads me to this next point:
Sweenytodd wrote:
Sauron wrote:
Sweenytodd wrote:
Sauron wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:
Vote: silverbullet
Just pointing out, that's L-1. Are there any potential hammerers out there wanting a claim? Does silverbullet have anything to say?
This post bothers me. The "are there any potential hammers" bit to be specific.
Why does this bother you? It is customary for somebody at L-1 to claim, but only if they are actually in danger of a lynch. If nobody's interested in casting the last vote, claiming is a bad move, so it's worth asking.
I am aware that it is in the town's best interest for someone to claim before they are lynched, that is not the part that felt off to me. It was the "Are there any potential hammerers out there" part which I didn't like. It felt like "Hey, if my scum partner is online, this guy's at L-1 hint hint hint". I realize this is hyperbole, I am trying to illustrate the sense I read in it. I am willing to accept your explanation at the moment, just pointing out how it didn't sit right with me.
On the other hand, I read this as Sauron simply asking silverbullet999 to say something in self-defense before someone dropped the hammer in a misguided? attempt to kill scum. Obviously, I have privileged information about Sauron's motivations for saying this, but I just thought I'd put this out there, especially under Thor665's quote above. Besides, asking for role claims in this context is a null tell.
Thor665 wrote:@Equinox - welcome to the game, as you read up I'd like to hear your read on the Haylen/hohum interactions (started roughly at the top of pg. 19). I'd also love for you to address Nacho's case on your slot.
I really do not like how it spiraled so quickly. Haylen has outlined reasons for why she believed hohum to be scum, yet hohum has done no such thing in response; instead, he continued to throw accusations with no backing, make defaming and very offensive remarks, and essentially tunnel Haylen. Of course Haylen was going to react emotionally to such personal attacks. I don't know what hohum was planning to get out of this.

While I'm at it, I already had suspicions against hohum's slot due to Die Prediger's tunneling and wagon hopping. I can't hold hohum responsible for Die Prediger's actions, but hohum's recent posts have left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Vote: hohum

I'll take a look at Haylen's evidence in more detail later, but for the moment, I'm happy with my vote.

As for Nachomamma8's case against Sauron, I'm going to assume you meant this:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Opportunistic in the sense that used your vote on hohum to avoid actively supporting/opposing the ST lynch, and you also set yourself up perfectly to go after hohum today.
From looking at Sauron's posts in isolation, it seems he did oppose the Sweenytodd lynch, since he had a case on someone else.
Sauron wrote:I believe Die to be scum, but I want to examine this closer after we see what silver does.
Sauron wrote:My read on Die: If I charted my read in a graph with one axis being time and the other axis reading from "very scummy" to "kinda scummy, but not really townie", I think it'd look much like a seismograph during an earthquake.
Sauron wrote:I felt that hohum did more and more to deserve it with time, so I kept the vote there all day.
He's said things like this throughout his time in the game, so I don't think it was an opportunistic vote.

Quote TagsI'm going to second hohum's request for proper use of quote tags. It makes posts a lot easier to follow if quotes are attributed to people.

Code: Select all

[quote="Name of Poster Here"]Whatever they said.[/quote]

Brief notes:

I spent most of Day 1 wondering how the heck Sweenytodd
hiphop
got lynched. I got my answer by the middle of the day. I had the feeling the cases against him were pushed a tad excessively, though hiphop's posts certainly did not help matters any. I think I'll need to read through this again (with the infinite walls of text), but I'll only do it if absolutely necessary because it was so long...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

Haylen wrote:Thor, considering I gave evidence for every point I made against Hohum, you really can't call my logic poor.
Examples (aka evidence) do not equate to good logic, unfortunately. hohum has given examples on you, does that make his logic good? Besides hohum do you have a top suspect?

I like Equinox's case on hohum. I don't like Nacho's case on Equinox now.

I'm sticking to the belief that scum exist in the Haylen/hohum snarl.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sauron Case:

To me, the scummiest part about Sauron is his voting style. By his own account, he didn't seriously vote for all of day 1. The two votes that he did cast during his prescence in the game where self-admitted pressure votes:

First, his vote on Silverbullet:
Sauron wrote: Now, again, I need to run again, but based on my suspicions,
I think it's time SB felt a bit more pressure.
Then, his vote on hohum:
Sauron wrote: but hohum kept doing my favourite "Everyone should discuss! But I'm not going!"
so I put down a pressure vote
. An L-3 pressure vote, mind you.
Now, this is scummy for two reasons: First of all, in calling his votes pressure votes, Sauron doesn't have to dedicate himself to them. Second of all, it's scummy because he used his pressure votes as an excuse to avoid commenting on the Sweenytodd lynch. Sauron never once asked SweenyTodd or hiphop a question, gave his opinion on either of them, or defended them. This reads to me as a scum detaching himself from what he knew was a mislynch wagon.

Then, there's his suspicious comments about the hiphop lynch that he seems to make intermittently, quoted below:
Sauron wrote: Moreover, if enough of town feels more strongly for hiphop right now than anyone else, I don't see why we _should_ wait. I mean, yes, it's a lynch I don't necessarily agree with (and therefore won't be joining), but if we have 5 people feeling decently strongly about it, that will give us a _huge_ springboard for D2. Now, I'm not saying people should vote for hiphop, but
I am saying that if you're feeling strongly but not sure if you should vote yet, just bloody do it.
I don't like this. He's basically saying that we should hurry along the day and lynch someone who he doesn't want to be lynched. The bolded is especially scummy because he's attempting to cut short discussion without pushing along the case on his own top suspect at all.

Vote: Equinox

I didn't want to fully divulge my reasons for voting until Equinox had read the entire game. Had I done so beforehand, I might've colored her opinion of me beforehand which isn't good for town at all...

silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

-hohum

I'm just REALLY tired tonight. I will wake up early tomorrow morning and post though.
These politician promises are getting old hohum...

-Nobody Special
As far as linking to other games where I've been helpful, I'm not really sure that doing so would add anything to this game.
I meant linking to other sections of other games where you have been helpful. It would add greatly to your defense and prove your claim that you always like to be helpful in my eyes.
... People were right it seems....
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

Judging from what I know of Sauron from another game, he enjoys using pressure votes. I'm not surprised he used them for most of his time in Day 1. I don't think it's that he doesn't want to commit himself to a vote; he uses votes to gauge people's reactions to them, and then he determines whether or not the vote is worth keeping. Seems like some good town scum-hunting to me.

(Emphases mine.)
Sauron wrote:I've read over Thor's case against SB and I definitely think it has some merit. SB's contributions have been minimal, seems to only want to act with the group (great hiding technique), and the angry outburst is really suspect. For one, asking about it ahead of time, as someone else mentioned, seems like premeditation. Same thing with the way that post started ("I feel like I'm going to ballistic"). Finally, SB never seemed to actually regret making the post, so it's clearly more than a case of someone getting too angry and letting it get the better of them. Scum case alone? Probably not.
Strong indicator of a place to examine further? I'd say yes.
Later within Sauron's post, he makes the statement you quoted:
Sauron wrote:Now, again, I need to run again, but based on my suspicions, I think it's time SB felt a bit more pressure.
Clearly, the vote was pressure, and Sauron made no secret of it.

Sauron also states in a later post that he has suspicions against Die Prediger. However, he doesn't vote for Die Prediger at this point because:
Sauron wrote:2. Why I haven't voted for Die: He is currently one of my two strongest scum suspects, but, for right now, I want to focus on silver, my other strong suspect. In my opinion, I could do with both feeling pressure, but if people are already working on applying it to silver, I think it's a good idea to up that pressure a bit to make sure he feels it. I can deal with Die later, after all.
Sauron does have a case for silverbullet999, and he seems to be committing to it here.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Sauron wrote:Moreover, if enough of town feels more strongly for hiphop right now than anyone else, I don't see why we _should_ wait. I mean, yes, it's a lynch I don't necessarily agree with (and therefore won't be joining), but if we have 5 people feeling decently strongly about it, that will give us a _huge_ springboard for D2. Now, I'm not saying people should vote for hiphop, but
I am saying that if you're feeling strongly but not sure if you should vote yet, just bloody do it.
I don't like this. He's basically saying that we should hurry along the day and lynch someone who he doesn't want to be lynched. The bolded is especially scummy because he's attempting to cut short discussion without pushing along the case on his own top suspect at all.
Sauron has been pushing for Die Prediger and silverbullet999 for most of the day, saying multiple times he has found them scummy. He didn't bother doing so (except for the half-joke, asking you to vote silverbullet999 with him) in the post you're quoting because most of the others were bent on lynching hiphop by that time.

I have a feeling Sauron wanted to push for the end of Day 1 because he suspected scum were on the wagon or pushing for hiphop's lynch. hiphop was also at L-2 at this point, so having one other vote would not lynch hiphop outright but could have resulted in hiphop revealing himself to be townie while under pressure, thus leading to something more productive, such as a lynch on silverbullet999 or Die Prediger, Sauron's top suspects.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Sauron never once asked SweenyTodd or hiphop a question, gave his opinion on either of them, or defended them.
Sauron stated in an earlier post he was trying out a new method:
Sauron wrote: I have directly focused on silver and Die far more than any other player. This is due in part to me attempting different ways of getting reads on others, as well as reading off of other peoples' work rather than retreading ground. However, it is also due to me being unsure how to fully deal with 8 other people at a time, so I'm trying to get a hold on just a couple at a time before moving on.
I'm guessing he didn't comment on either hiphop or Sweenytodd because he was already eyeing silverbullet999 and Die Prediger. Later on, he felt sure those two were scummy and pushed for their lynch instead. I can't explain why he didn't push against the Sweenytodd lynch, though Sauron did say this:
Sauron wrote:I'd personally disagree, given that my read on hiphop is a bit less scummy than yours (granted, there is an admitted possibility that this is because we were arguing the same case, but I won't try to analyze my own psychology right now), but I'd obviously support this over a no-lynch. Moreover, if enough of town feels more strongly for hiphop right now than anyone else, I don't see why we _should_ wait. I mean, yes,
it's a lynch I don't necessarily agree with (and therefore won't be joining)
, but if we have 5 people feeling decently strongly about it, that will give us a _huge_ springboard for D2.
Unfortunately, I can't comment on Sauron's motivations behind the wait before voting hohum, since that's out of the scope of information I know about him.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Had I done so beforehand, I might've colored her opinion of me beforehand which isn't good for town at all...
This is an interesting thing to say. I realize that you might not have wanted me to get an OMGUS reaction and then read you as scummy, but I still wonder why you fear my read of you when you already suspect me of being scum. Scum already have an opinion of you, since they already know who you are. Fearing that my opinion of you, if it were poor, wouldn't be "good for town at all" implies you don't really believe I'm scum. Why is this?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Equinox wrote: Judging from what I know of Sauron from another game, he enjoys using pressure votes. I'm not surprised he used them for most of his time in Day 1. I don't think it's that he doesn't want to commit himself to a vote; he uses votes to gauge people's reactions to them, and then he determines whether or not the vote is worth keeping. Seems like some good town scum-hunting to me.
I disagree. Good scum-hunting is not voting all day without a single non-pressure vote; good scum-hunting is actively pressing your suspicions, and trying with all your might to make sure your top suspect gets lynched in the end. Sauron didn't do that. Yes, he pressure voted, but he didn't openly oppose the ST lynch, and he didn't push a hohum or SB lynch as strongly as he should have if he was town.
Equinox wrote: Sauron has been pushing for Die Prediger and silverbullet999 for most of the day, saying multiple times he has found them scummy. He didn't bother doing so (except for the half-joke, asking you to vote silverbullet999 with him) in the post you're quoting because most of the others were bent on lynching hiphop by that time.
If this was the case, then he should've A) openly opposed the hiphop lynch and explained why our arguments were wrong, B) approved of the hiphop lynch and explained why, or C) Made an effort to get a better read on hiphop by asking questions. He didn't do any of these things.
Equinox wrote: I have a feeling Sauron wanted to push for the end of Day 1 because he suspected scum were on the wagon or pushing for hiphop's lynch. hiphop was also at L-2 at this point, so having one other vote would not lynch hiphop outright but could have resulted in hiphop revealing himself to be townie while under pressure, thus leading to something more productive, such as a lynch on silverbullet999 or Die Prediger, Sauron's top suspects.
I don't understand this point. If Sauron thought there were scum on hiphop's wagon, then why didn't he confront the scum on the wagon instead of urging the town to lynch hiphop...? Also, if he thought hiphop's claim would save him, then that would also mean that he thought hiphop was a PR, meaning it was doubly imperative for him to strongly oppose the wagon instead of weakly push it.
Equinox wrote: This is an interesting thing to say. I realize that you might not have wanted me to get an OMGUS reaction and then read you as scummy, but I still wonder why you fear my read of you when you already suspect me of being scum. Scum already have an opinion of you, since they already know who you are. Fearing that my opinion of you, if it were poor, wouldn't be "good for town at all" implies you don't really believe I'm scum. Why is this?
I'm not arrogant enough to fall into tunnel vision; thus, I acknowledge there is a chance of you being town. In the case of your being town, I didn't want your opinion to be biased before you even began your readthrough.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Sorry for my lack of posts, I just had one other game work through a Mylo and another do a very quick day just as I was warming up. At the very least as my only game currently in Day you get extra special (+1) attention for a bit.

@Equinox - do you have some links of Sauron games where he was town and exhibited the pressure voting technique he did here? Does he or does he not do the same as scum? If you're defending his actions based on meta then you should do better then simply saying that it's common meta for him and leaving it at that.

@SB

Could you sum up briefly why you suspect Nobody Special and put it in a single post? I feel like I've lost the crux of your case amongst the niggling little points.

@Nobody Special

Same thing as SB above, I'd like you to re-state the case as you see it on SB.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:11 pm

-Thor

@SB

Could you sum up briefly why you suspect Nobody Special and put it in a single post? I feel like I've lost the crux of your case amongst the niggling little points.
Basically to sum it up I don't like his attitude at all, I feel like he has some secret that he's not telling us. I feel like he's threatened me and I currently don't buy that he was just trying to help. I can't contemplate why anyone would say, something along these line "Thor I think you are scum, who are your top suspects, Think Carefully... because I don't want you to go into an omgrage... oh wait no because I don't want you to seem like scum... even though I think your scum". I feel he's either acting very arrogant or there's something he's keeping hidden.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

So your case is basically set on that odd 'think carefully' comment and his explanation for it? Okay, I want to see his case on you but I might wish to revisit this at that point.

What are your thoughts on Nacho's case on Equinox/Sauron?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm not arrogant enough to fall into tunnel vision; thus, I acknowledge there is a chance of you being town. In the case of your being town, I didn't want your opinion to be biased before you even began your readthrough.
Thank you. It helped.

Unfortunately, I can't answer the rest of your post, since that goes into Sauron's head, and I can only be so psychic with the limited information I have. The onus is on me to prove we're not as scummy as we look by future actions.
Thor665 wrote:@Equinox - do you have some links of Sauron games where he was town and exhibited the pressure voting technique he did here? Does he or does he not do the same as scum? If you're defending his actions based on meta then you should do better then simply saying that it's common meta for him and leaving it at that.
Sauron used it to some degree here (use ISO), though the pressure wasn't as explicit as what he used in this game against silverbullet999... but it's pressure (at least that's how I perceive it) nonetheless. When I made my post, I'd relied a bit too much on what I know of Sauron's role in this game, so that would be why my response to Nachomamma8 appears to have no backing; I thought Sauron's innocence would be as blatantly obvious to everyone as it was to me... so much for opening the PM before reading the thread.
Nobody Special wrote:So, anyway, SB, who is your top suspect? Think carefully.
silverbullet999 wrote:I can't contemplate why anyone would say, something along these line "Thor I think you are scum, who are your top suspects, Think Carefully... because I don't want you to go into an omgrage... oh wait no because I don't want you to seem like scum... even though I think your scum". I feel he's either acting very arrogant or there's something he's keeping hidden.
The "Think carefully" comment was interesting, since it was almost a step back from a position that you were scummy, but I find it equally interesting you're building an entire case on that one comment. You say he's keeping something hidden... You're the one he's targeting, so it should be fine if you say what you think he's hiding behind the comment.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:37 am

So your case is basically set on that odd 'think carefully' comment and his explanation for it?
That and the way he has phrased his accusations.

Also I think Nacho's case on Equi/Saur is very interesting and leads me to suspect Equi as well.

-Equi
You say he's keeping something hidden... You're the one he's targeting, so it should be fine if you say what you think he's hiding behind the comment.
I don't know what he's hiding, I've speculated that either he's scum or arrogant in previous posts. Also I'm not building my entire case on just the "Think Carefully" as I haven't liked the way he's phrased things since the beginning of his attacks.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:48 am

-Hohum

Another warning for you, If you don't post what you promised by tomorrow night my vote switches to you, as politicians making false promises = scummy scum.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 am

Sorry for the multiple posts, I just noticed though

-Haylen

My second suspect is NS. Everything about why I think he is scum has already been said. I would be happy with a NS lynch today but I would be even more happy with a Hohum lynch (who seems to have gone into hiding.)

Could you quote the reasons or restate the reasons why you think he is scummy? Why do you want to lynch NS today when we still have 9 days left to gather info?
You ignored my question as well, please answer.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Well, I'm not scum, and I've been called arrogant (and much worse), so there you have it.

As for my case on SB, it's largely centered on the fake-rage (which I consider a newb-scum tell). I have seen new players get a scum role and just simply not know how to handle it. I really can't explain it any better than that, without essentially repeating myself.

That said, hohum is certainly escalating the case against himself. Dude, get in here and post.
....what?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yeah, I think my gut read on the NS vs. SB thing is that it's a bit of town on town OMGUS.

Neither of them can particularly explain their cases and each of them are hanging them on a semi-weak aspect to my mind (I was the one who first brought up the fake rage, but have decided its only true read is for newbie - not newbie scum or newbie town). Meanwhile SB's case is focused on the 'think carefully' comment which, though odd doesn't intrinsically seem any more scummy then it might simply be someone trying to apply pressure via a vague threat.

I like SB better out of the exchange because his case is his own while NS' is a rehash of my case mixed with a gut read.

I'm feeling better about Nacho, I'll withdraw my gut read on him as it was apparently just indigestion. I need to do some reading on Equinox's Sauron meta to see if Nacho's case holds out. My big issue with the Nacho/Equinox thing is (to a certain extent) Nacho is advancing a meta case on Sauron and Equinox is defending with a meta case (the question of Sauron commenting about pressure with all of his votes). Neither of them went out of their way to bring in further meta evidence which makes most of the thing feel weak to me. I'll read Equinox's linked game and also do a bit of searching for other Sauron games to see if the dots connect somewhere.

I'll second (third?) the need for more Haylen and hohum in this thread. They had that huge explosion and then both basically disappeared. Clearly there are some heated emotions in that mix but I'm personally suspicious that some aspect of the heat was role based.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special has spoken, so I'll chime in.
Nobody Special wrote:So, anyway, SB, who is your top suspect? Think carefully.
It looked like Nobody Special was trying to give you a chance here, probably because he thought your scum tells might actually be newbie tells. That was why he said he was trying to be helpful. I think he was asking you to think carefully on your top two suspects, especially if you were town, to make sure you didn't suspect them just because of an OMGUS reaction. If you were scum, you needed to think carefully and to build a good case, since there were already a few fingers pointed your way.

Your reaction was interesting. I don't know what to make of it, really. You've shown that you can rage when you need to, and it felt like you were lashing out at Nobody Special for suspecting you. Hmm...
Thor665 wrote:My big issue with the Nacho/Equinox thing is (to a certain extent) Nacho is advancing a meta case on Sauron and Equinox is defending with a meta case (the question of Sauron commenting about pressure with all of his votes). Neither of them went out of their way to bring in further meta evidence which makes most of the thing feel weak to me. I'll read Equinox's linked game and also do a bit of searching for other Sauron games to see if the dots connect somewhere.
In a way, meta was the only case that would work here. Sauron is no longer in the game, so he cannot explain himself. Nachomamma8 had reason to suspect my slot, but most of it was meta. I know only so much about Sauron's thought processes, so I'd have to defend with his meta. This probably would've been a very interesting conversation to observe... Heh.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

Post by Nobody Special »

@Mod: Can you prod hohum, please?

Already done.

~Vel
....what?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

Equinox wrote:Your reaction was interesting. I don't know what to make of it, really. You've shown that you can rage when you need to, and it felt like you were lashing out at Nobody Special for suspecting you. Hmm...
I'm starting to get close to considering ending sentences with ellipses as anti-town.

In short; this is an incomplete thought presented here. Why end it on a hanging thought as though you desire people to project their own concepts onto your thought process. What did you mean to imply?

If you didn't mean to imply anything what was the purpose of posting up an incomplete thought?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”