Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 1:08 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Fishythefish wrote:Zorblag should be claiming.
A good fake claim can take an eternity...
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:56 am

Deadline is roughly 24 hours from now.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 4:41 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Plum's post bothers the shit out of me. I agree with the sentiment, but it feels like a very easy "OMG I'm totally obv town authoritive look at me". That's been, admittedly, an unreliable tell for me though, so I can't really push hard on it. I merely wanted to register my gut call and my current explanation.

And yeah, around to hammer Zorb if need be.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Zorblag »

Now that I'm at L-1 and someone is ready to hammer it is time for me to claim.

I'm a neutral sniper vigilante. My flavor is Fringe Tea Party Activist. Each day I can take a shot at someone. If they're a member of the government they'll get sniped. I win when I have no more targets and I leave the game. If I target someone who's not a member of the government then the secret service learns that my target was not the sniper. I've taken that to mean that the secret service is likely in the game as a player or group of players that need to stop me from succeeding or protect members of the government of some such thing but there's also some chance that it's a red herring.

Day one I took a shot at Debonair Danny DiPietro right at the start as much to see if anyone would react to it as anything else.

Day two I took a shot at popsofctown right at the start because there's really no way that he's town. Had I waited just a bit I would have seen that Fishythefish was a better target but so be it.

I do have a fake claim (vanilla townie, regular college student) which I would have used in a mass claim situation. It's very interesting that Fishythefish doesn't have one.

Here are some last thoughts just because I can give them.

I'll be really pretty surprised if DrippingGoofball is town this game. As town I don't think that she'd put this much effort into trying to get someone she doesn't think is mafia but might be a Serial Killer killed this early. I've also never seen her be this unwavering as town; she makes poor assumptions from time to time but she's tunneled to a ridiculous extent this game.

farside22's reason for voting me is among the most frustrating that I've ever seen. Town absolutely shouldn't not care who they're voting for if they don't get their first choice. That she'd vote for one of the people who was supporting the wagon she wanted makes it even more ridiculous. I could see farside22 doing that as town given what I know of her but I'm positive that she should know that DrippingGoofball shouldn't be this focused on a Serial Killer like this as town. It wouldn't shock me if the two of them made up some branch of the government.

Plum's calls for the non-hostile others to claim are odd. It would have been particularly helpful to me if people had followed her lead but I'm not sure why she would think that they would want to. It's dissapointing that she never got around to giving that list of reasons that she suspects me.

Ellibereth and StrangerCoug round out my list of people voting for me for reasons that simply don't look like they're taking the game into account and who I think are probably opportunistic more than anything. Well, and animorpherv1 gets some special mention here as I don't think he's really got any idea what's going on. He even gets extra credit for unvoting in the wrong format and then promptly disappearing.

I'm not sure why LlamaFluff thinks that I didn't vote till post 9 in isolation. I pretty clearly voted with my first post unless he means a vote for a reason other than lack of participation but early in the game with short deadlines I'm going to view lack of participation as enough of a reason to keep a vote there. I also think that finding me suspicious for not instantly believing Chronopie's claim fully is a bit absurd but at least he's giving reasons for it.

That lack of participation from a number of players is still a huge problem this game; I'd recommend that you try to do something about it but you don't seem to be inclined to move in that way. That I'm getting lynched as someone who has been relatively active and in some large part because you're following DrippingGoofball's ill-founded reasoning is a poor omen indeed.

I played that game largely how I would have as town; it behooves me to hunt scum here as, even more than Fishythefish claims to be, I'm a natural ally to the town. In any case, I'll leave the rest of the game to you to sort through now. Good luck to everyone; I've got no more dogs in this fight. I'm unimpressed by the reasoning that I've seen here on many fronts but I'm unimpressed by many things both in and out of games of mafia.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:53 am

Wait...are you telling me Troll is a point sniper?

Um...can we lynch Nico and have this problem solve itself, and hire troll to take care of our Fish problem, and possibly a couple other potential point grabbers?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Jack »

DGB's 1250 may have been right...but I can't say whether gut or strategy is the right way to go here.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I know that the claim is almost definitely true.
FLASH OF GREEN
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Jack »

Weird...let's lynch nico then.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Zorblag »

Well, I would have been taking care of Fishythefish (and ideally the other members of the three branches) as the game went along regardless of whether I made this claim or not. Now that I've made it though there's a pretty good chance that the secret service will be taking me out before I've had a chance to. Lynching Nicodemus still gives you better chance of hitting scum today (i.e. some chance) but you're almost certainly going to need to find another way to weed out the rest of the government.

Claiming earlier would have had that same effect which is one of the reasons that I wasn't willing to claim until you were actually ready to hammer me. It would have been much better for me (and town) if I had been able to reason with the people casting votes for me. This game I wasn't.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Instead of using him to shoot fishy, let's use him to try and smoke out the other point peoples, i.e. CLAIM YOU'RE A GOVERNMENT MEMBER NOW OR DIE BY SNIPING.
How much time until DL?
FLASH OF GREEN
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Zorblag »

If Ellibereth has a reason to believe my claim and sees why it's helpful to keep me around I'm a bit unclear as to why he wouldn't remove his vote. I fully expect Fishythefish at least to want to hammer me now.

Thinking it over, the only reason I can think of offhand for someone to be able to verify my claim would be if they were getting information from the secret service about who I'd tried to snipe.

Are you the secret service Ellibereth? If so what is your win condition?

Deadline is tomorrow morning at 11:00 AM EDT if memory serves (so on the order of 21 hours from now.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:31 am

Post by farside22 »

I would like that shot to got to fishy personally. I"m taking bets he's lying is ass off to save himself from a lynch. And I have a bet he is a RB type.
Taking a 10-1 bet I'm right on this.

unvote:
vote: Nico
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

farside22, if you want that to count you'll need to put the ## in front of the votes.

In case anyone's wondering this and animorpherv1's recent failure to unvote are exactly the sort of cases that I was prepared to warn everyone about in the first post I made this game. At the time people were being better about it though.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:38 am

Post by farside22 »

ugh weekend forgetfulness

##unvote:
## vote: Nico
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

##vote: Nicodemus

Though I'm not that comfortable with his claim at all. "If you track me and people die it's ok gais, it's ok" doesn't make me feel good.

Could the person with the "town/not town" investigation thingy, whoever that was, target me tonight? I am VT and if not I'm evil lying scum. I'd rather you hit something like that rather than another other, who wouldn't really be confscum but we wouldn't really be able to lynch and bleches yknow?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Zorblag »

@popsofctown, I've got no night actions at all. My kills are day kills if they happen (and thus far neither have; fortunately for you you're not a member of the government.) Trackers aren't going to see me targeting anyone. It'd be a waste of their action but it doesn't overly bother me should they choose to track me.

It was Chronopie who claimed the town/not-town investigation last night. If you really are working for the town then it'd probably be nice if you tried to find scum at this point. You should be more interested in that than getting your alignment verified I would think.

Also, for those keeping track I believe that's L-2 on Nicodemus now (and I think I'm at L-3.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 am

Also, pops is scum.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:00 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

##unvote
##vote Nico
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Zorblag »

And that's almost certainly L-1. No one gets to claim they didn't know it was a hammer if they vote for Nicodemus now.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:31 am

Ellibereth wrote:I know that the claim is almost definitely true.
DID I not KNOW that Troll would pick "other?"

DID I not guess he had a killing role?

Hehe.

Now, is he SK, or is he neutral vig? That is the question. In any event, as long as Troll is alive, we can't expect government claims, hey?

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:32 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Ellibereth wrote:I know that the claim is almost definitely true.
Now, is he SK, or is he neutral vig? That is the question. In any event, as long as Troll is alive, we can't expect government claims, hey?
Simply solved. We have him kill fishy tomorrow. A living fishy means a lynched troll.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:33 am

But, he's still for hire killing gubmints. Which makes him even BETTER to keep around. Given his kills fail on those not government, he can't do any damage to the town. And if he DOES do damage to the town, he's an easy lynch.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:35 am

UncertainKitten wrote:Also, pops is scum.
Nah. I'm banking pops is town. I stake my reputation on it.

@Llamafluff
- your plan is full of wholesome goodness.

@Troll
- your DDDD target: WHY DDDD?

Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I need to check something very important with the mod.
No lynching before I get a reply plz.
FLASH OF GREEN
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:36 am

Oh wait

Is Fishy a member of the gubmint, or is the gubmint some other faction?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”