Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 8:35 am

Post by RealityFan »

Mod, I unvoted soras.
Hope the prods speed the game up DX

Right, sorry. I really need to start paying more attention to these things.
[b]V/LA JUNE 2ND to JUNE 4th[/b]

Donate?:
[url=http://www.tengaged.com/user/Quackerz/thanks]Click daily please![/url]
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 9:44 am

Post by yabbaguy »

I'd like to vouch for Cyanide's replacement, as well. I think his absence is a bit ridiculous at this point.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Azelf »

Actually, I sent Dr. Cyanide a PM about his... unusually long V/LA a day or two ago. I'm going to give him until the end of today to respond before I replace him.
EDIT: I actually sent it yesterday, so he's got two days. Sorry about that.
(I'm treating the PM like an ordinary prod, and all prods have a deadline of three days after sending before the player is replaced.)

In other news,
Jag Johan
has chosen to
drop out of the game
. Extremely suspicious timing aside, I'll call for a replacement.

Finally, I was going to impose a deadline today, but with current events, that seems a bit cruel. I'll wait until Jag Johan is replaced, and see if a deadline seems necessary after that.
This space is empty. Like the average Vanilla Townie's brain.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:53 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Extremely suspicious timing aside

Code: Select all

|NO MOD WIFOM PLEASE|
           | |            

That said, that lynch is sealed no matter how much wine is thrown into the mixture. I mean, c'mon now.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 11:55 am

Post by yabbaguy »

*sign topples from the post being off-center*

Oh well.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

sorasgoof
sorasgoof
Goon
sorasgoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by sorasgoof »

/replace out
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Azelf »

Jag Johan
has been replaced by
Super Smash Bros. Fan
, effective immediately.

As you might have noticed,
sorasgoof
has decided to
drop out of the game
, but I might already have a replacement for him.

Seriously, people. What the heck. You're seriously going beyond the line of duty with this game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

Hello guys, I'm the replacement for Jag Johan. To be honest, I really did not like his game play at all and I'm hoping to really improve on what he did.

People also asked Jag Johan to claim so I will. I am a Townie. I have the ability to vote and take my stance against other people. I win with the town.

Opinions on people so far (Except sorasgoof, since he's getting replaced):

Chevre
: I don't see much activity coming from her in this game. Two things caught my eyes. One was ISO: 6, where he said that he found Jag Johan/Me suspicious, but fails to explains and ISO: 8, where she somewhat dodge the question. Now yes, she did give her opinion on RealityFan, but she didn't answer VibeBox's second question to here on how she would rate RealityFan on the Scummy Scale. I'm slightly suspicious of her.

Cuetlachtli/RealityFan
: Cuetlachti was completely useless. All he did was confirm, answer random questions, and a vote. Made me slightly suspicious of him.

RealityFan is obviously better then Cuetlachti. His analysis was solid and he has done a bit of scum hunting. However, he did contradict himself once. He voted for sorasgoof, saying he would not take the vote off until he got replaced or he gave out original thoughts in the game. Then he went to vote Jag Johan/me for lurking. Given that sorasgoof has not posted any thoughts in the game or hasn't been replaced by then, RealityFan therefore contradicted himself. If RealityFan was in Cuetlachtli spot from the start, he would have a null read. However, given Cuetlachtli's somewhat shady past, I have a neutral-scummy read.

Deer
: Despite mostly short posts, he has been doing a fair amount of contributing to the game. It's nice to see him doing a fair bit of scum hunting in the game. I give him a considerable pro-town read for now.

Dr.Cyanide
: Inactivity is a very bad thing in Mafia games. Out of those who are in this game, Dr.Cyanide is the very worst offender. He has posted almost no substance in the game whatsoever. His promise of returning within a few days of May 9, 2010 is empty, as it has been two weeks since he has posted in this thread. His only real contribution to the game was answering random questions. I didn't like his vote on Empking at all, where he voted him for being too serious, which is a poor excuse for voting. I have a strong scum read on him.

Elias_the_thief
: Like most people, he hasn't really been active. The one time he defended himself (ISO: 6) was okay, but I'm disappointed with him. He makes promises, but he doesn't really fufill him. For example, he promised to post on May 17, 2010, but he has still not made a post since then. Getting a considerable scum read on him, although it isn't as bad as Dr.Cyanide.

Empking
: His activity level is among the best and I do commend that. He's been doing a fair share of scum hunting in the game (As a matter of fact, more then fair share) and I do like that he actually asks questions. For now, he has a strong town read.

Red Star
: He's been doing some form of scum hunting and I have seen contents out of him, although the top part of ISO: 7 was fluffy. His argument to Empking holds up as well. Wish he was more active, so for now, a slight pro-town read.

Thief
: Almost as bad as an offender in inactivity as Dr.Cyanide. Only form of scum hunting was on yabbaguy and even that got criticized. So for now, a slightly scummy read he gets.

VibeBox
: His recent disappearance is worrying, but other then that, he has been active. He has shown efforts of scum hunting in his behalf and has been asking questions as well. Not sure why he considered the random questions pre-game useless, but other then that, a strong pro-town read from him so far.

yabbaguy
: His activity level has been solid in this game as well. However, I find it odd that he calls RQS absolutely useless, even thought it can be beneficial in the game in some ways. On that same post, he was hypocritical as well as he actually answered the random questions. He has been a bit too defensive of himself in some posts, especially ISO: 10. I haven't seen much scum hunting either. Yeah, I'm going to give him a slightly suspicious read for now.

Probable Townies: Empking, VibeBox, Deer
Possible Townies: Red Star
Null: RealityFan, sorasgoof (Since he's getting replaced, will be looking forward to hearing from his replacement)
Possible Scums: Chevre, Thief, yabbaguy
Probable Scums: Dr.Cyanide, Elias_the_thief

So with that all said and done, I
Unvote
Vote: Dr.Cyanide

Anything I need to answer? I will get on it immediately.
Azelf
Azelf
Goon
Azelf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Azelf »

MrSandman
will be replacing
sorasgoof
, effective immediately.
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by MrSandman »

SSBF seems to be where ever I end up.

I'll be looking over things tonight.
Mafia: 1-0
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:07 am

Post by Empking »

Sand man, when you've done your read can you do the same thing SSBF, please.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
VibeBox
VibeBox
Townie
VibeBox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:49 am

Post by VibeBox »

Unvote

Frankly I was so frustrated with the lack of activity in this game it was hard for me to even want to come to the thread, let alone post.

With what is looking to be a mass-replace as well as prodding I'm willing to essentially start over though. I'll go through the posts of people who will remain, reread the last couple of pages, then try to get active again.
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 am

Post by RealityFan »

@SSBF
Good post, haven't read it's entirety, but I'll respond to my part now. :P

As for the contradiction, I really just said that I wouldn't take it off in order to put some pressure on them to post. Once I realized that they weren't going to no matter how many votes they had on them, I voted someone else.

Donate?:
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Pfft. (All quotes SSBF)
Chevre: I don't see much activity coming from her in this game.
Ridiculous. Chevre, me, and at most 2 other people were the ONLY people posting at one point.
Out of those who are in this game, Dr.Cyanide is the very worst offender.
He's V/LA. It's an absurd-length V/LA, but it's completely null, and a completely ridiculous reason to be calling someone scummy. And you give sorasgoof a free pass, which is also inconsistent.
Elias_the_thief: Like most people, he hasn't really been active.
That alone gets a scum read? What about his content?
yabbaguy: His activity level has been solid in this game as well. However, I find it odd that he calls RQS absolutely useless, even thought it can be beneficial in the game in some ways. On that same post, he was hypocritical as well as he actually answered the random questions. He has been a bit too defensive of himself in some posts, especially ISO: 10. I haven't seen much scum hunting either.
-RQS being useless is an opinion, not a scummy opinion.
-I already explained my reasoning for answering, I wanted to illustrate how dumb the questions were in how they didn't tell anything. (Red Star protested in the most pathetic way afterwards, by stating the obvious)
-I'm defensive because people are pushing crap cases. Like you.
-Bullshittery at its finest on the not scumhunting point. I have two main suspects in mind. Your suspects are based on little more than just "content", and that is a poor scum indicator.

Bottom line: you cop out of scumhunting by going for a quantifiable statistic, activity/lurking, and apply that to most of your scumlist (exception: me, and my case is still ridiculous). If lurking is a scumtell, I've just caught 8 scum.

Confirm Vote: Jag/SSBF

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 am

@RealityFan: I think that explains your actions now. Now I'll respond to yabbaguy:
yabbaguy wrote:Ridiculous. Chevre, me, and at most 2 other people were the ONLY people posting at one point.
Let's see who has been more active then Chevre in terms of posts counts (Not including you): Empking, Deer, VibeBox, and Red Star has posted more then Chevre in this entire game.

Also, could you pinpoint the timespan where only you, Chevre, and 1-2 people were actually talking?
yabbaguy wrote:He's V/LA. It's an absurd-length V/LA, but it's completely null, and a completely ridiculous reason to be calling someone scummy. And you give sorasgoof a free pass, which is also inconsistent.
Dr.Cyanide promised to return within a few days of his announced V/LA. So far, we have not seen anything else out of him. sorasgoof was getting replaced at the time I was making this post, plus there was absolutely nothing to read about sorasgoof.
yabbaguy wrote:That alone gets a scum read? What about his content?
No. His lack of activity was one thing. He also made promises that he has yet to fufill, which I found scummy as well.
yabbaguy wrote:-RQS being useless is an opinion, not a scummy opinion.
I did not say that disliking RQS was scummy, just said it odd you found it absolutely useless. What I found scummy was that you took part in something that you didn't want to do, making it hypocritical.
yabbaguy wrote:-I'm defensive because people are pushing crap cases. Like you.
I do find you slightly scummy, but it's not enough to push a full-blown case on. I want to focus more on my bigger suspects.
yabbaguy wrote:Bottom line: you cop out of scumhunting by going for a quantifiable statistic, activity/lurking, and apply that to most of your scumlist (exception: me, and my case is still ridiculous). If lurking is a scumtell, I've just caught 8 scum.
The reason why I focused relatively a lot on activity is because the game is so inactive that I want to get people posting. With the currently no deadline restriction. we should be taking advantage of it. Also, that big post wasn't made in just two minutes. I put forth genuine efforts toward that post, which required a reading of the thread and I did this all before replacing Jag Johan.

Oh and while lurking isn't really a scum tell, let me ask you a question.

Let's say that we were ten minutes toward the deadline. You had no suspect and nothing was done on that Day. However, you had your eye on a lurker who hasn't really posted much. Then that lurker got put at L-1. What would you rather do? Lynch the lurker or do a no lynch?
Empking wrote:Sand man, when you've done your read can you do the same thing SSBF, please.
Didn't I basically already do that in my analysis of everyone? If not, then please further clarify what you're saying. It seems like I've already done it.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am

Theif wrote:Time to breathe life back into this game.

Unvote:
Vote: JagJohan

That's right, with shameless wagoning.
I find this pretty suspicious. You didn't bother to explain why you voted for Jag Johan at all. Others who have voted for him at least explained why he was deserving of a vote. If you do find me/Jag Johan suspicious, please explain why you do so.
MrSandman
MrSandman
Townie
MrSandman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by MrSandman »

I apologize for the delay.
Empking wrote:Sand man, when you've done your read can you do the same thing SSBF, please.
That's what I was planning on and got about half way done but really there wasn't anything of vital substance that made it worth posting. The only real point I made is that I didn't like RealityFan asking for JJ to claim after he unvoted and made him just L-2. SSBF's writeup tells the story of a game with mass lurking.

Sure a bunch of people look scummy for disappearing for long periods of time or altogether but lurking alone isn't going to get me to try and lynch them. Anyone who actually posted gets the benefit of the doubt for actually trying to keep the game alive.

If you want names then well I would have to say Thief for:
Thief wrote:Time to breathe life back into this game.
Unvote:
Vote: JagJohan

That's right, with shameless wagoning.
That put the dude at L-1. The two reasons seems overcompensating to me and made me think it's simply scum trying to get a easy lynch.

JJ would obviously be my other choice for acting scummy and then high tailing it out of here once people starting confronting him on his reasoning. I know he's been replaced by SSBF but he knows as well as me from the last game we were in that mafia have in fact ragequit on occasion.

In response to RedStar's questions.
Red Star wrote:Seeing as we are about to start soon, I have some questions to ask everybody.

1. Do you prefer a faster paced game or a slower game with discussion?
2. Do you think online mafia is more a psychological game or a logic game?
3. On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?
4. Do you think that WIFOM is a scumtell?
5. Do you think that OMGUS is a scumtell?
6. Would you classify your playstyle as aggresive, analytical, passive or other (if so, state what).
1. I like to take my time and think things though not moving not moving too fast. However often times people stop posting. Still better than rushing into a lynch though.

2. Logic.

3. Random if absolutely necessary is better than no lynch at all in most cases.

4. Not alone.

5. Not alone.

6. Passive-aggressive I suppose.

I will try my best to be far more active than sorasgoof. If someone wants my thoughts on something specific pre me replacing, you have only to ask.
Mafia: 1-0
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:38 pm

I need to get to Red Star's questions:
Red Star wrote:1. Do you prefer a faster paced game or a slower game with discussion?
I like faster paced games better. I feel they are more challenging and more enjoyable overall. It also puts more pressure to contribute in the game, while with slower paced games, it gives you more excuses to be inactive.
Red Star wrote:2. Do you think online mafia is more a psychological game or a logic game?
More of a logic games. You have to analysize every post in the game and slipping up may result in your death, especially if it happens multiple times.
Red Star wrote:3. On day 1, do you think that a random lynch is better than no lynch?

Neither are good options, as RealityFan pointed out. However, if it came to deciding between them, it would be a random lynch. At least we get something out of it, while with no lynches, we've made absolutely no progress.
Red Star wrote:4. Do you think that WIFOM is a scumtell?
I heard it was, but I've never really saw someone doing a WIFOM argument yet, but once I start knowing when they occur, I'll give you my further opinion.
Red Star wrote:5. Do you think that OMGUS is a scumtell?
Yeah it is. It is always a scum tell.
Red Star wrote:6. Would you classify your playstyle as aggresive, analytical, passive or other (if so, state what).
I got a reputation on Smash World Forums for over analysing things in games and I don't see how that's a problem.

But anyway, to my play style. I like to make long posts a lot, which is why I get accused of posting fluffs a lot in an ongoing Mafia game in Smash World Forums. I like to do analysize every post I see and gain as much information out of them as possible. I also post relatively frequently, so if you're wanting more activity, I think you just a permanent solution.
RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by RealityFan »

The only real point I made is that I didn't like RealityFan asking for JJ to claim after he unvoted and made him just L-2.
---
I did that so someone wouldn't quick-hammer him before we got a claim. I still wanted to vote him, just was taking precautionary measures.

Donate?:
Thief
Thief
Goon
Thief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Thief »

Good posting by SSBF. No longer have as much of a problem with that slot.

Unvote:
Vote: Dr. Cyanide

Now for this guy...
Live life so completely that when death comes to you like a thief in the night, there will be nothing left for him to steal.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Thief isn't reading.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

RealityFan
RealityFan
Goon
RealityFan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by RealityFan »

yabbaguy wrote:Thief isn't reading.
?

Donate?:
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

[Cyanide]'s V/LA. It's an absurd-length V/LA, but it's completely null, and a completely ridiculous reason to be calling someone scummy.
More later. I'm tired.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 am

Post by Empking »

I'm willing to say that Jag isn't too scummy.

Unvote

Thief's rubbing me the wrong way and seem too happy to go from one wagon to enough.

Vote: Thie
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Chevre »

SSBF: Oops, I forgot the ScummyScale part. As for that, I'm not sure how it's set up, like if it's 1 means twon, 5 is neutral, and 10 is scum, or if its 1 is lsightly scummy, and 10 is supermega scummy. On the first, I'd give a 4, on the second, a 2-maybe-3.

yabbaguy: I think you may be overstating my activity. Maybe in comparison to the rest of this game is active, but it isn't very active. I just want to mention this because you are using it as part of your case, and I think you are pushing too hard.

That being said...
SSBF wrote:Let's see who has been more active then Chevre in terms of posts counts

I hate measuring activity by post counts, because if it's a one-liner or a wall-post, they're both 1 post. Also, if you post a lot in one section of the game and lurk the way through, that's not being active. I'm not saying I have much more actual stuff, but if you are going to measure activity, do it not by post count, but intsead by content and MAYBE frequency (like, as in how far spread apart the posts are).
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”