Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 11:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Plum wrote:Because you're useless and you're not Town. Do you disagree on either count?
Way to tie yourself to farside22.
charter wrote:I'm not telling what I targeted him with, unless we massclaim. I didn't kill him.
Yes, I think farside22 is scum. No, this is not the right way to respond to her. She already knows you're something.

##Vote: charter
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by charter »

Gammagooey wrote:The thinking of hmmm, I'm gonna have to claim soon. I should see if I can get everyone else to claim with me.
I have no problem claiming first in a massclaim, I know no one is going to claim anything similar to me. But me claiming now will tell town nothing and will make my role useless.

Looking at Zorblag's list, why the hell are we not massclaiming? Over half the people in the game have claimed.

StrangerCoug, if you think farside is scum, do you think I'm scum with her? Your vote makes no sense. Honestly, the three people voting me look really opportunistic. Farside has made every opportunistic vote available the entire game.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Plum »

Zorblag wrote:@Plum, would you like to confirm that it was Chronopie that you got your transmission about? I think that you left that vague. Same question to you about alignment reveal as DrippingGoofball just got.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Yeah. In full, that someone visited Chrono last Night. The Someone is left unspecified.

I'm still reading Charter as Town. Charter, do you mind claiming whether you're Town or Other, though?
Chronopie wrote:I was told that I would show not to be town aligned on investigation. I don't know if that means mafia in particular, I'd assume so.
Whaaaaaaat?

Oh hell.

StrangerCoug wrote: Way to tie yourself to farside22.
Hm? How so and what do you care to imply by saying so?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:StrangerCoug, if you think farside is scum, do you think I'm scum with her? Your vote makes no sense. Honestly, the three people voting me look really opportunistic. Farside has made every opportunistic vote available the entire game.
It makes perfect sense if I think you're either on an opposing Mafia group or a serial killer.
Plum wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote: Way to tie yourself to farside22.
Hm? How so and what do you care to imply by saying so?
Both of you look like you're policy lynching non-town indiscriminately, so I think the two of you share an alignment.

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Plum »

Um, not policy lynching non-Town indiscriminately. Read my posts, please. I'm in for outing them indiscriminately and am more interested in seeing clearly who's what. There
is
a reason for this. Separating out true Other claims from fake ones helps see where our pool of true scum actually is. That's why, for example, I'm happy we have outed d3x and Shotty as Other, and have Zorblag at the very least to help test such claims.

Again, check my posts and note that while I talk a lot about outing Others as a good thing, I clearly stand
against
policy lynching them.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Ok...so my chart was kinda right at least.
So, THE HUNT FOR THE BUDDY OF FISHY BEGINS

People NOT voting Fishy at wagon height: UK, Jack, Nico, fishy, phate, shotty, imagine, pops, chrono, llama, elli, plum
ONLY REMOVING CONFIRMED: UK, Ani, Imagine, Chrono, Plum
HM

D3x's buddy is also probably not on the most competent side of things. Who in the current player list would forget to post in QT in nightless game?
FLASH OF GREEN
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Ellibereth, if he's telling the truth about that (it could be a red herring to distract me) I'd guess animorpherv1 offhand. There are a couple other options but that's such a nice fit for what I've seen.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

Oh yeah, Troll, please don't shoot anyone before confirmed it with me plz.
Muchas gracias.

Ani for which one? d3 or fishy>?
FLASH OF GREEN
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by imaginality »

ani is a good guess for d3x's partner, I think. I'd say pops would be a decent guess too, because he didn't use the scum QT in Caught in the Crossfire Mafia (so he could concentrate on appearing town) so I could see him doing the same here, but Zorblag's kill attempt on him seems to rule him out of being an Other, assuming Zorblag is telling the truth.

All this Other stuff gives me second thoughts somewhat about Gamma's claim of PGO. It seems like it's important to the Others to survive awhile so they can get points, so a PGO claim seems like a good way for an Other to deter people from night-killing him for a few nights.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by charter »

Plum wrote:Charter, do you mind claiming whether you're Town or Other, though?
Town.
Stranger wrote:It makes perfect sense if I think you're either on an opposing Mafia group or a serial killer.
Good try there slick, but you're going to have to do better. There are two kills each night. We know where one comes from, so the other is almost assuredly scum. There's no third kill for me to be a SK or another scum group. So back to the question, do you think I'm scum with farside, and how do you think that works?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Plum wrote:Um, not policy lynching non-Town indiscriminately. Read my posts, please. I'm in for outing them indiscriminately and am more interested in seeing clearly who's what. There
is
a reason for this. Separating out true Other claims from fake ones helps see where our pool of true scum actually is. That's why, for example, I'm happy we have outed d3x and Shotty as Other, and have Zorblag at the very least to help test such claims.

Again, check my posts and note that while I talk a lot about outing Others as a good thing, I clearly stand
against
policy lynching them.
It appeared that #1379 was advocating Shotty's policy lynch. I'll look through tomorrow.
charter wrote:
Stranger wrote:It makes perfect sense if I think you're either on an opposing Mafia group or a serial killer.
Good try there slick, but you're going to have to do better. There are two kills each night. We know where one comes from, so the other is almost assuredly scum. There's no third kill for me to be a SK or another scum group.
BZZZT!
You're in a closed setup and you cannot necessarily use the lack of something to prove that it doesn't exist. Who's to say that nobody blocked a kill two nights in a row?
charter wrote:So back to the question, do you think I'm scum with farside, and how do you think that works?
I thought this was implied. No, I do not think you are scum with farside22. Additionally, a hostile non-other flip from farside22, while something I don't think will happen, won't surprise me; therefore, I could be in serious error by pushing for her lynch.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Additionally, a hostile non-other flip from farside22, while something I don't think will happen, won't surprise me; therefore, I could be in serious error by pushing for her lynch.
Could you clarify what you mean here? I'm having trouble parsing it.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Plum »

StrangerCoug wrote:It appeared that #1379 was advocating Shotty's policy lynch. I'll look through tomorrow.
No, it was a statement of fact supporting why I would have been pleased to see Shotty dead, and both were factual. I did not want to use a lynch on Shotty; I wanted Zorb to possibly use an Other-killing shot against him, as he was not merely Other but useless. Because Zorb's shot is effective at taking out useless Others and that's basically the extent to which it can be used to our benefit (unless we definitively uncover a points-faction which helps scum, in which case the best use would be taking down counter-productive Other, but I digress), Shotty would have been an excellent target and him gone would have been no unhelpful thing, in my opinion. Zorb using his shot to hunt Non-Hostile Other is as valid a way of using it, I suppose, so it's okay if he does that on our orders.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Plum seems awfully determined to shoot me before we can confirm people's alignment.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Uh, no, just interested in explaining to SC that his interpretation is incorrect. I was not the only one to desire your death at the time and frankly the reasons for not needing or particularly wanting you around still apply. I'm fine with waiting, no desire to per se rush things. Where, may I ask, did you get that idea?
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Ellibereth, I meant animorpherv1 was my first thought for d3x's partner when I heard his claim. Nothing's changed that opinion so far.

As for conferring with you before I take my shot, I'm all for working with the town to decide who they want me to shoot but with you I'm dealing with someone who I've got pretty good reason to think is secret service and I don't have any reason to think that secret service is out to do me any good. Unless you're willing to do something to convince me that I shouldn't expect you to have some win condition that involves being able to predict where I'm going to shoot I'm not particularly inclined to clear my shots with you ahead of time. I'm happy to listen to reasons to change my mind but I don't see why I've got any reason to trust you right now.

@d3x, Fishythefish and Shotty to the Body, I think that the town in general would probably appreciate it if the pace at which you went about figuring out how you can compare scoreboard information for test of eachother's alignments as well as those that were transmitted to was picked up at this time.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 6:28 pm

Post by d3x »

@Troll- I'm good with that. I received my list earlier in the day, but haven't been able to really look at it in depth. It verifies that there are only 3 Point scoring groups in the game {the 3 mentioned already} and gives the rankings, not the actual point totals or breakdowns.

With the Voting breakdown, I can pretty much confirm that Fishy's group is proTown as he said {and in all probability Shotty's as well}. Judicial is tied with Legislative for 2nd so if they would've gained points from a Townie Lynch, they would be higher or at least tied with us, the Executive. With Fishy being on the TownWagon yesterday, they would've lost points at least once {multiple times if they were both/all on the Wagon}. As xvart had no opportunity to lose points through Wagons and Shotty wasn't on Nico's MisLynch; this leads me to believe that they targetted Scum {losing points with their Night Action}.

I can also pretty much confirm Plum is nonScum {unless the other 2 Branches lost a bunch more points than I suspect}. We would've lost points if she'd been Scum. There is a slight possibility that she's Other due to the lack of point totals on the Scoreboard.

@Fishy&Shotty- Have you used multiple point gathering abilities? This is
very
important to determining whether or not DGB {Shotty's Claimed target} is Scum.

In crunching the numbers, I don't see how DGB could be Town. I'm coming up with even numbers at no points or negative points for the tie between the Branches. If they're both at negative, I believe Fishy's partner wasn't on the Wagon and they targetted Other. If they're at 0, I believe they both were on the Wagon but targetted Town. With Shotty's case, he lost no points for the Wagon, so he's at either negative by targetting Scum or 0 for targetting Other. Either way, Shotty Claims to have targetted DGB and I can't see a way that she's Town with this breakdown.

Without more info from the other Branches, I'm pretty much stopped there on speculation/data.

Regarding speculation of my partner{s}, I'll be leaving the ultimate decision up to him/her/it/them, but I will say that I'm not against speculation and you guys figuring out who my partner{s} is/are. This way, there's no Claim and we would still be able to win some points if he/she/it/they live to End Game {I've still gotta' try for my WinCon afterall :)}.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@d3x: I'm afraid there's at least a possibility that I've got points from places other than my track and the lynch.

I think there's something to be gleaned from the situation, and I need to think about how to handle this. I'll probably be claiming more this evening.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Post by d3x »

@Fishy- Unless I received points from some outside source, I can guarantee that I only have a single point gaining opportunity. That means that I'm at either 0 or a single bump above. With you two tied for second, that puts you at negative or 0.

What was the running at the beginning of D2? Although I was curious, my main interest was in finding out if Shotty had used multiple abilities.

GTKAS - d3x
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:24 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 3 Vote Count

charter ( 3 ) farside22 imaginality StrangerCoug
Chronopie ( 0 )
d3x ( 5 ) Plum DrippingGoofball Chronopie UncertainKitten Ellibereth
Debonair Danny DiPietro ( 0 )
DrippingGoofball ( 0 )
Ellibereth ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
fishythefish ( 0 )
Gammagooey ( 0 )
imaginality ( 0 )
StrangerCoug ( 0 )
animorpherv1 ( 0 )
popsofctown ( 1 ) Debonair Danny DiPietro
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
UncertainKitten ( 0 )
Plum ( 0 )
Zorblag ( 0 )
Not Voting ( 9 ) fishythefish Gammagooey animorpherv1 charter Zorblag popsofctown RedCoyote d3x Shotty to the Body
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: June 4th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 8:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

d3x, do you get points for lynching scum? Would that mean you want to lynch DGB?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 9:08 am

Post by d3x »

Yes I do get points for Lynching Scum. And assuming there's no evidence to the contrary, yes I would want to Lynch DGB.

GTKAS - d3x
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm not scum.

That part of your point plan isn't happening.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:40 am

Post by charter »

StrangerCoug wrote:
BZZZT!
You're in a closed setup and you cannot necessarily use the lack of something to prove that it doesn't exist. Who's to say that nobody blocked a kill two nights in a row?
If you're going to say I'm scum despite the lack of any evidence to support it, then you're going to have to come up with a working theory that fits. So far you're just calling as many people scum as you can despite contradicting evidence. I'll give you that farside could very well be scum, I can't remember a protown post from her other than a couple of the lynch Fishy ones.

D3x, why is DGB scum? I didn't understand how it worked when I read your explanation.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Ellibereth »

[quote="Fishy"]
People NOT voting Fishy at wagon height: UK, Jack, Nico, fishy, phate, shotty, imagine, pops, chrono, llama, elli, plum
ONLY REMOVING CONFIRMED: UK, Ani, Imagine, Chrono, Plum /quote]
OK.
So I think FIshy had transmitted something to both Chrono and Plum right? Probably real and not faked. UK claimed vig so prob not.
Leaves ANI, and IMAGINE.
IMAGINE already claimed TOWN, but I'll give him a chance to revoke.
My bet is on ANI for Fishy's partner right now. I'll give you a chance to claim. ~~~

Trollio, I kinda crumbed knowledge of your targets in my ISO 33. With that knowledge it should be easy to find. Let's just say if we work together we'll be friends. I have no obligation to get rid of you, or defend the government.

Algorithm stuff that leads to DGBscum confuses me.
FLASH OF GREEN

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”