mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:49 am

Post by mneme »

Grats, scum.

Getting killed off on Night 2 stinks,. though (especially after having my night 1 investigation killed out from under me).

I think the most important problem the town had was the lack of an effective doc -- the werewolves had an uber-Alpha, who could stop docs, mess up investigations, etc. That with no competing bad guy group just made things tough.
Did I say too much?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:19 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

oh I didn't intend to suicide, I missed Rolands vote putting me one away. I was going to make a point by my vote and then unvote but missed rolands stinking putting me one away. Grrr.
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:57 am

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Lo siento. :(
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
Mad Jackal
Mad Jackal
Goon
Mad Jackal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:03 am

Post by Mad Jackal »

Mr. Flay.
I like that graph. I may have to rig up a mechanism to create those for my other games .

Now, can we see the count of posts made only by Villagers ??

I really think the numbes go down. Which very much solidifies what you were saying about the town letting itself go.

Maybe I read too quick, but it just seemed to me that I had to swallow the "pooky is ok" pill - as no-one else was lifiting a finger to complain.

and werebear, that is the order I had for the day too. I just "skipped" over the parts between the 2nd vote on me, and your post where you dropped by to not vote. I was just emphasising there, it could have been over had Baby jesus placed his vote... (I don't think draygn_mage was going to take his vote anywhere.) ..
Either you are part of the solution, or you are part of the problem. You can form two lines to make it easier for me, or I'll figure it out on my own. It is your call.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:27 am

Post by Werebear »

You are the Magistrate of Garulphos, entrusted with administering the law in this small town. You have the right to order a lynch mob to refrain from killing someone; they'll probably even listen the first time. You win when the entire werewolf pack has been eliminated.
Send me a PM sometime during the Day (i.e. before the lynch scene is posted) if you wish to incarcerate the intended victim. Under most circumstances, no lynch will occur that Day, and we will proceed into Night immediately.
Note: The sequestered person may not take any night actions, but may be investigated by the Seers. If they try to protect the same person twice, or if the vote count has more than the regular majority required, their authority is broken and the lynch goes through anyway. If someone is sequestered, he may go observe them in their cell at night to see if they change (nothing visibly happens if it is the Alpha).
I think this role might have been more powerful if they could have found the GF. The main problem with this role is, they can only investigate those people whose lynches they've stopped, so in order to lynch the 4 werewolves, they'd have to use 8 days to do it (one day to stop the lynch and investigate, and one day to denounce and truly lynch, each time). I think in the first 5 days, the Magistrate used his power, er, once? and that was for an innocent, so yes, he stopped the town from lynching an innocent once, but it's still a weak role in my opinion.

The miller was very lucky in that respect, that his ability got used. Considering that both the sane cop AND the naive cop get him as guilty, it could really screw with people's minds.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Mr. Flay wrote:I kept expecting someone to call Pooky's bluff, as his ideas got more and more outlandish...
No one called him on it, eh?
Mastermind of Sin wrote:vote: pooky

I don't like miller-esque claims.
I called him on it from the start. Too bad no one else has realized yet that Pooky likes to pull that as scum(see Oval Office Mafia 2 as well, for example).
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Having not had time to reread the thread fully, I did not see what was fueling the Nanook bandwagon, and I've run across games with Pooky before where he's said he was a member of the scum party. (see OO2 for an example off the top of my head; Pooky made a list of possible roles and listed himself as scum, then died a few days later and turned up scum) I just don't like those sort of claims out of Pooky. They reek of scumminess. However, the fact that Nanook was going after Pooky makes me relatively sure he's innocent, or at least not working with Nanook. No idea who else would be a possible candidate, though, seeing as I haven't reread yet.
The fact that we had two opposing bandwagons on scum threw me off since I hadn't been very active. Too bad I said exactly what Pooky was doing and was right. No one paid attention to me the last time I had said that, so I figured that he probably wasn't scum or I couldn't get him if he was. :/

Ah well. I wish I'd had time to be more active, I probably would've enjoyed the game more.
Permanent V/LA.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:59 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

hey in that oo2 game I was recruited into the scum long after I listed myself as scum as a joke.

Heh too bad u were inactive most of da game enh? kinda hard to enjoy games u don't show up to play. :D
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:37 pm

Post by Phoebus »

I feel betrayed Werebear! :evil:

We could prolly have used a vig.

Note: If lovers start living for two long, lynch one! ;)
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:39 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Oh and I forgot to mention - next dose of lycanthropiness should be whenever my normal rolls around.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:15 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I hope you don't mind a non-player (who followed the game) butting in, but surely Pooky deserves a scummy nomination for his claim and getting away with it?

[I don't think a non-player should nominate him, otherwise I would.]
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:54 am

phoebus wrote:Note: If lovers start living for two long, lynch one! Wink
:shock:

U not a very big fan of true love prevails over all enh?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:58 am

Post by draygn_mage »

:shock: I love this smilie.

I second the nomination for Pooky as Mafia MVP
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:28 am

Post by Phoebus »

PookyBear - Not in mafia, no. Especially not when it lets scum win.
Once I find true love, I'l get back to you about that iRL.

With all kudos and due 'ratz to Pooky and the Scum for winning, giving Pooky a scummie for this is like underlining the ineptitude of this town. But then, you know I've got a stick up...well...you know...
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:07 am

Well Phoebie, in my mind I saw this as I was desperately in love with Dragyn and the townsfolk had decided that they would violently hunt down any werewolves for the sake of being cruel to cute oversized puppy dogs who really were just out for love and what not.

So the townsfolk were searching for me to try to hunt me down and kill me :cry: and I would've ran away if I wasn't so desperately in love with dragyn, so my buddy wolves and I decided to try to outwit the mean nasty town that was out to destroy true love and what not and we managed to triumph despite all the hate and anger against us.

Think Beauty and thE Beast style crazy lynch mob being outwitted by charming beautiful werewolves :)
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:19 am

Post by mneme »

Pooky: Beauty and the Beast, only with a town massacre at the end? Not the ending I remember.

You -so- should have been lynched way so early. Not sure why milkman/werebear lived either.
Did I say too much?
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:00 am

Post by Coron »

Yeah, called it.

STD and Roland...
IDIOTS! why'd you vote me?!

Couldn't you see the way Pooky was acting? Pooky was not acting like a normal protown pooky late game. It should have been obvious.
I was right.
*plants face in keyboard* hgfm,kj
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Post by Werebear »

Phoebus - you were slain on the advice of my cronies, I didn't make the decision myself.

Second, if anyone looks back, I was actually hoping the town WOULD lynch one of the lovers, and of course it would be good old dragyn... I was trying to angle for this, hoping that the town would believe Pooky was innocent, even if I was nabbed.

Oh, and I'm not sure if this was listed in the role descriptions, but if the alpha wolf (GF) was killed, the next in line would become the GF. That in itself is a nastly little trick.

Part of the reason I lived was unfortunately due to the replacement, part was because my real life made me absent for so long (I honestly wasn't playing the lurker card), and part was because nobody was making sure that every member of the remaining crew spoke out in their defense at one point or another.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:22 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Werebear wrote:Oh, and I'm not sure if this was listed in the role descriptions, but if the alpha wolf (GF) was killed, the next in line would become the GF. That in itself is a nastly little trick.
I should be clear that only the
night kill choice
got inherited down the line; all of the other Godfather protections were only good for the original Alpha. Conversely, the town was spared one night when Werebear forgot to send in his kill, even though BJ was hopping up and down telling me to kill Phoebus... :twisted:
Retired as of October 2014.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:42 pm

Yea, that whole transition of power thing so didn't work out good for us... we were kinda scared the town might suspect that our Alpha didn't send in our role because the role itself was in transition but we did manage to play the lover probly got protected card really well :D
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:19 am

Post by Phoebus »

PookyBear - you're nuts! ;) :D
BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:32 am

Post by BabyJesus »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Yea, that whole transition of power thing so didn't work out good for us... we were kinda scared the town might suspect that our Alpha didn't send in our role because the role itself was in transition but we did manage to play the lover probly got protected card really well :D
Yep - it worked for the best as I reason for lovers not being killed.

FWIW - I didn;t think Pooky's claim had a chance of being believed, which is why I was pushing my disbelief of him.....until the town seemed to buy it, so I casually switched from "that is bs" to "Pooky is confirmed" :twisted:
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am

Post by Stam »

Good Game werewolves!
I still don't know why you killed me.
Did you think I had a power role (I actually did, but I didn't know it :D) or did I just annoy you too much?
What I still don't get is - how can NanookTheWolf be a werewolf?
Does he become half human every full moon?
And it gets even more comlicated when it comes to werebear...
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:36 pm

Post by Stam »

Phoebus wrote: Note: If lovers start living for two long, lynch one! ;)
I was really surprised to see the town didn't do that.
I know I spkoe about giving Pooky some grace period, but you really took that grace period waaaaaay too long.
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:15 am

Love prevails over all.

It's the storybook ending! Lovers outwit cruel unaccepting society, showing that true love will triumph over all obstacles.

It's kinda like the Princess Bride and all those other love stories you guys love so much.

:P
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
draygn_mage
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
draygn_mage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:54 am

Post by draygn_mage »

yeah but this time juliet is a member of the Verona Hit Squad and romeo is clueless. :) Ah well, ignorance is bliss.
Disciple of AniX- Who needs scumdar when you play by smell?

GreenLiquid: I am proud to crown draygn_mage (Tuff/Serial Killer) the sole winner of Kirby Mafia!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”