Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Ellibereth wrote:Algorithm stuff that leads to DGBscum confuses me.
That's because they have made an error or they are lying. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and suggest bad math.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm starting to read SC as scum. Call it OMGUS but definately something off when reading SC.
Anyone want to take a crack at reading SC and tell me if I'm off my read?
Imagine is falling around me too much and is giving me scummy vibes.
charter: Can't say he didn't read town to be at the start. I'm just wondering why someone would be so casual about saying I targetted someone and they died but I'm not scum for targetting that player.
It just rubs me wrong. And by the way i don't WIFOM night kills it leads to more miss lynches.

I'm going with my gut from here on in.

##unvote:
##vote: imagine.
fos: SC
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:23 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Where is RC? Why hasn't he claimed?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

charter wrote:If you're going to say I'm scum despite the lack of any evidence to support it, then you're going to have to come up with a working theory that fits.
I did. I gave two possibilities that I see perfectly reasonable: that two kills were blocked, one per night; and that I'm wrong on my farside22 read.
charter wrote:So far you're just calling as many people scum as you can despite contradicting evidence..
This is completely incorrect; in fact, what I'm getting on myself for is being quiet about my reads, especially yesterday. I have only ever voiced suspicions of xvart, Phate/animorpherv1, Fishythefish, farside22, Zorblag, Plum, and you. That's barely over a quarter of the players that signed up. Of those, xvart is dead, Fishythefish since claimed non-hostile other, I'm now leaning non-hostile other on animorpherv1 also, I believe Zorblag's claim, and I need to reread Plum to see if I believe her defense. So the best thing you can do is to claim that my reads on you and farside22 make no sense since I don't think the two of you are the same alignment. Instead, you generalize it as calling as many people as I think I can get away with scummy. Not the way to respond to me either.
farside22 wrote:I'm starting to read SC as scum. Call it OMGUS but definately something off when reading SC.
Anyone want to take a crack at reading SC and tell me if I'm off my read?
If you or anybody that responds to your request finds something specific that could potentially incriminate me, I'm all ears.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I looked at Plum in ISO and it is clear that she's pushing alignment claims, not policy lynches. I don't see anyplace other than her ISO 32, where she counters me, where she takes an anti-policy lynch stance, but I don't think she has to worry about pointing it out since she's not going down that route.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, I figured there was a reason I wanted to shoot Plum.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
That's because they have made an error or they are lying. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and suggest bad math.
DGB are you scum?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by imaginality »

If after they finish swapping info, all three non-hostile-Other factions agree about this DGB = non-town conclusion, I find it pretty hard to believe they're all lying. I think the possibilities are:

(a) maths error/overlooked assumption/etc
(b) DGB scum
(c) DGB hostile other
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

popsofctown wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
DGB are you scum?
Nope.

I am not a killing role. So your calculations/assumptions are wrong somewhere.

I am a neutral statistician for the census department. I work alone.

Every night, I guess numbers for town, mafia, hostile others, non-hostile others, and unknown. Instead of paraphrasing, I'll give an example of how it might work.

Example:

town=12
mafia=4
hostile others=2
non-hostile others=6
unknown=0

And I should receive correct/non-correct results like:

town=correct
mafia=incorrect
hostile others=incorrect
non-hostile others=incorrect
unknown=incorrect

I satisfy my wincon if I get them all correct before there are 7 players alive in the game or less, excluding myself.

I don't believe I will be able to satisfy this wincon at all. Because. I. Have. Been. Roleblocked. Every. Single. Day.

You could have a mercy lynch... ;-) I wouldn't mind at this point.

If not I can let you know how many players of each faction are left. IF. IF that bloody roleblocker finds something better to do. But other than that, I'm useless ballast, and the likelihood of me fulfilling my wincon are very dim indeed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

How many freaking neutrals are there...
Can all the other non-hostile neutrals just be dears and claim. Please???
FLASH OF GREEN
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Zorblag »

DrippingGoofball not being town really shouldn't surprise anyone at this point; she's just not playing the game like she would if she really cared about trying to lynch scum. I tried to explain why that was true back when I claimed but people are less inclined to blindly follow me than they are her. That's not that huge an issue for me though, I'm not here to sway the masses (most of the time.)

@DrippingGoofball, clearly if you're telling the truth you should want a mass claim at this point so you've got better information to make informed decisions. Why not apply some of that persuasive ability you've got to make that happen?

@Ellibereth, you saying that we can work together here doesn't exactly make me feel any better. It is interesting that you had me grouped with Debonair Danny DiPietro and popsofctown earlier but that doesn't make your list any more compelling in terms of you not wishing me harm. The town should want to know what your motives are sometime soon here as you've pretty much made it clear that you don't have the standard town win condition.

As for animorpherv1 as Fishythefish's partner, it's possible but that would mean that Fishythefish and Phate were going going pure bluff when Fishythefish thanked his partner for the excellent work in Post 706 and then Phate asked to be replaced in Post 730. I wouldn't put it past them I suppose but Phate's replacing out when he did would make it feel a bit dirty to me.

Is there some reason that you think DrippingGoofball shouldn't be a member of one of the branches? I think she'd be a decent candidate for a partner for Fishythefish (less likely for d3x.) If she's telling the truth about her role now then we seem to have two roleblocks on night one and someone decided that it was better to roleblock DrippingGoofball than any of the revealed information gathering roles we had after day two. I'm not even fully sure if it makes sense that her claimed ability should be roleblockable. Especially when I'm not sure why it should be a night ability given the scoreboard actions by the branches and my day vig's certainly aren't.

Have I mentioned that I'm not taking her claim at face value?

@Shotty to the Body, does your information match d3x's?

@Fishythefish, do you have anything extra to reveal after thinking about it?

@RedCoyote, where's your claim?

@everyone, I'd like a yeah or nay on mass claim with your next post. If you're opposed to it now after all the claims we've seen I want to see reasons why you oppose it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by Zorblag »

And my updated claim list thus far for your reading pleasure:
  • The Living

• animorpherv1: No claim
  • charter: targeted LlamaFluff N2
  • Chronopie: town/not town cop, miller. Targeted Fishythefish (not town) N1, Jack (town) N2; something about not sure how he would turn up for point factions
  • d3x: Executive, faction transmitted a weak watcher result on Chronopie to Plum
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro: No claim (not government by Troll)
  • DrippingGoofball: Neutral Statistician/Census Taker (roleblocked N1, roleblocked N2), received role cop transmission on Jack
  • Ellibereth: No Claim (almost has to be Secret Service related)
  • farside22: Tracker, tracked fishythefish to RedCoyote N1, Plum to Shotty to the Body N2
  • Fishythefish: Judiciary, faction transmitted weak tracker result on Plum to Chronopie
  • Gammagooey: Paranoid Gun Owner
  • imaginality: No claim (well, not other or scum, but no real claim)
  • StrangerCoug: No claim
  • Plum: Some investigation on Shotty to the Body; received weak watcher on Chronopie
  • popsofctown: Vanilla Townie (not government by Troll)
  • RedCoyote: roleblocked N1, probably something about charter N2
  • Shotty to the Body: Legislature, transmitted a role cop result on Jack to DrippingGoofball
  • UncertainKitten: Vig and more. Killed xvart N1 (by kill flavor); tried to target Plum N2, instead targeted Troll got redirected to Jack
  • Zorblag: Sniper, shot at Debonair Danny DiPietro day one, popsofctown day two.

The Dead

• Jack: Vanilla townie
  • LlamaFluff: Town redirector. No results known
  • Nicodemus: Vanilla townie
  • Parama: Motive Cop. No results known
  • Ojanen: Vanilla townie
  • xvart: Legislature
If it's missing details do help fill them in. If something's wrong do correct it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 3:55 pm

At this point we might was well massclaim. YAY.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We can massclaim if you like.

##vote: DrippingGoofbal

What in the samhill is an "unknown"? Made up role is made up.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@popsofctown, while I think that DrippingGoofball's claim most likely fake there clearly is an unknown as an option for a flip in the first post. I'd expect that they still fit into one of the alignments after the game is over and that she'd have to have figured out the numbers correctly with that taken into account but she didn't just make up the term.

I'd say you're probably bussing a partner now but I still don't think that DrippingGoofball is likely to be on a faction with kills. That much I'd guess she's being truthful about.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Chronopie »

zoraster, OP wrote: Color Scheme for Dead Guys:
Town
Mafia
Other: Hostile*
Other: Non-hostile*
Unknown

*If a player's win condition precludes
town
from winning, they are hostile.
OTOH, I don't think that Unknown is a faction as such. Just the flip of someone with a non-reveal factor. [speculation] or maybe flips that have been Janitored. [/speculation]
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I've heard such good things about Zorblag, but really, you think I'm bussing a partner?

I see that I missed unknown being in the OP. I also see that it changes nothing. It's a fundamentally impossible category for living players.

There's Town, Mafia, Non-Hostile Other, And Hostile other. There's no room for unknown. If it's town it'd be town, if it's mafia it'd be mafia. If it's other, it's either hostile or it's not. There's no Schroedinger-cat wincon that is either hostile or non-hostile. It's gonna be one or the other. Unknown is for
dead
players, and unknown means their alignment is
unknown to us
even after their death. Mostly likely means being a janitor role, which might not even be in the game but might just be a smart zoraster making sure nothing is ruled out when he set up the formatting.

If her role was for counting living players, she would not have to guess unknowns, she'd just have the four options. This slipup makes it obvious she's lying about her wincon. She's either hostile other or scum.

I mean look at her sig.

More votes, please.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by charter »

UncertainKitten wrote:At this point we might was well massclaim. YAY.
Yes, let's do it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'll start, I'm VT.
"Well, I..."
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@popsofctown, what a fascinating response. If you've heard such good things about me and put any stock in them I'm not sure why you let DrippingGoofball's characterization of my scum hunting as poor go largely uncommented upon. I'm also a bit unclear why you'd have been as willing to lynch me yesterday if you thought I could have been helpful down the road when there were so many less useful targets. Mind you, you haven't seemed at all interested in who's scum up till this point in the game from what I can see from your play.

I've been saying that you're not town since about when you started posting. I don't think that I've ever particularly wavered in that. I know you're not government as I didn't hit you when I shot at you. That means you're pretty likely to be mafia in my opinion.

DrippingGoofball's claim is pretty dubious but she's clearly not town now. The only reason I don't think she'd be mafia is I expect the mafia to have a night kill and I don't think she'd bother with me during the day if she could use a night kill instead. Perhaps I've got that wrong, she did almost get my lynched after all (which was surprising; actually, I should have been dead when I claimed but Fishythefish and probably others weren't about to do the hammering I'm sure they would have liked to.) In any case, seeing you actually jump on a case for once definitely makes me think bus.

If we do end up killing her in the next day or night and she flips mafia you're my first guess for a partner despite the fact that it's too obvious. DrippingGoofball would pull the day vig bit on a partner and do things like staking her reputation on you being town to protect you just because, hey, who's going to believe she would do that? Mind you, if that does happen then I think that the night kills are coming from UncertainKitten (probably a vig, though I'm a bit more suspicious of her than I've said as accidentally targeting me last night when Plum was intended is a bit convenient) and a Serial Killer (because despite my earlier arguments that it was silly to be lynching me as a potential SK on the grounds that there's no evidence that there even is one, the 9999 damage kill flavor does make me think SK with a video game tie in more than mafia.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Sorry, I haven't been on the website in a while. To be perfectly honest, and I doubt this will come as much of a surprise to those paying attention to the game, this setup is a little over my head. I don't really get the points system, and how these win conditions conflict with the town/mafia.

What I can verify is that I had a successful track of charter last night visiting LlamaFluff. As everyone knows, I was roleblocked on the first night. My role is an FBI Bureaucrat. Essentially I have tracking powers every night, but the caveat is that if I conflict with any other administrative body, that I get no result. Originally I just assumed this was the case for the first night, until Fishy claimed specifically that he had a role action and declined to tell us what it was. Now, I'm sure, it makes a little more sense why I was fixated on Fishy. In either case, I should have proven scum at this point.

##Vote: charter
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by charter »

Ok, since we're massclaiming.

I'm the town backup (celebrity impersonator). I inherited the role of the first town power role who isn't a one shot died. This was Parama day one. I got his whole PM. I didn't get to use it day one, just last night.

Parama's role is a motive cop (high school civics teacher). Motive cop essentially tells me if someone is an 'Other'. Llama was not 'Other'. I used it on him after he made some comment about believing Fishy's claim, I thought Llama might have a similar role.

I was thinking that it could catch scum pretending to be other, since I'd be told they aren't 'other'.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by d3x »

D3x, why is DGB scum? I didn't understand how it worked when I read your explanation.
This is what I crunched. The scoreboard stands at executive in 1st, the other 2 tied at 2nd.

1-
My points

As we were not on the misLynch, we have only had one opportunity to change our point value.
If Plum is Other, we're at 0
If Plum is Town, we're at 2

2-
Fishy's points

Considering Fishy was on the misLynch {and it's unknown if the partner was or not} -1
If Chrono is Town, that'd be +2
If Chrono is Scum, that'd be -1
If Chrono is Other, that'd be 0
So the data we have readily available says Fishy is at +1, 0, -1, or -2

3-
Shotty's points

Considering xvart died before able to change the score, we have full data.
Shotty wasn't on the misLynch, so that's 0 points
If DGB is Town, he'd have 2 {tied with me, which he's not}
If DGB is Other, he'd have 0
If DGB is Scum, he'd have -1

My conclusion is that with this data and assuming there are no outside forces to change the points, DGB cannot be Town.

That's why I wanted to know if either Fishy or Shotty {especially Shotty}had used other point gaining abilities.

I'm not saying it's flawless, but it's the conclusion I've come to.

-------------------------------
DGB wrote:I am a neutral statistician
And there it is! Whether she's telling the truth about her actual Role {I believe she's Neutral over Scum}, that proves that Shotty is at 0 points and Chrono is Town... I think... :lol:

-------------------------------

I'm ok with a MassClaim. If all of the Branch Others Claim truthfully, noone will be at a disadvantage to missing out on End Game points. If they FakeClaim, they'll pry get killed along the way.

--------------------------------

##Vote:charter

RC's Claim is good enough for me.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@d3x, I take it that you don't buy charter's claim then?

@Chronopie, what is your actual role title? You should be able to claim that without danger of modkill but feel free to check to be safe.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Tue May 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

charter 1521 wrote:Llama was not 'Other'. I used it on him after he made some comment about believing Fishy's claim, I thought Llama might have a similar role.

I was thinking that it could catch scum pretending to be other
So, in other words, you thought Llama might have a similar role to Fishy's role in that you thought they were both scum pretending to be "other"? If you thought Fishy was lying, why not just use it on him? Seems a little convenient for you to visit the person who happened to die last night (after they claimed a town PR, no less), when you could've just as easily visited the person who, I don't know,
actually claimed to be "other"

Confirm my vote 100%. This is our vote today, guys. Y'all didn't want to hear me yesterday, but please hear me today. This is a slam dunk if I've ever seen one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”