Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:10 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hmm,
Not much to go on even after a night NPC death.
Weren't we supposed to get for purposes of town information what/who could have been considered as dead? Or is the NPC being a townie that information? :?

Well, since this is a regular day 1 with little or no information (yet.)
I'll random
Vote:Primoris

-Phoebus.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

Woah there Dutchboy!
What's up?
You are a newbie (atleast here) yet still acknowledge a band wagon and still cast a vote to begin one?
Scummy thing if I ever saw one. I'd disregad it as noobishness if it weren't for your calling it a bandwagon.
Bless random.org and bless Meme but what's your defence?

Unvote:Primoris

I'm gonna keep an eye on you

FoS:Flying Dutchman
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:46 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Flying Dutchman wrote:
and massive was only carrying on a tradition.
Right...... :?
Do you know something about massive we don't?
If you're a cop and investigated him Night 1, well, you wouldn't be starting a bandwagon for the same person he voted for but voting for him I should think.

If you're a mason with him...the comment, which I read as being slightly sarcastic, against him carrying on a tradition, does not hold.

The only other reason you would know something about him and leading up to that comment is if you are Mafia buddies and you being slightly silly with that comment...silly as in impulsive and/or noobish when Primoris noted that massive was indeed carrying along only a tradition.

-Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 26, 2003 3:29 am

Post by Phoebus »

OK
That's acceptable for the moment I guess.
I assume you've been reading some games before this one and thus are familiar with the term "bandwagon".
I learned the hard way in my first game that in a mini the third vote is suppsosed to be the beginning of one and will raise eyebrows...

-Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:40 am

Post by Phoebus »

massive
An impetuous bandwagon on Day 1 without any real sort of discussion is just fodder for the Mafia to end Day 1 cheaply. He was only 3 votes away from a lynch. Isn't 3 members a regular mini mafia complement?
It hurt the town big time in another game and I just don't want a repeat scenario for us here.

Do you want me to revote just to prove I'm not scum along with him?

Random.org giving rise to that chain of votes to a player in his first game just seemed rather unfair so I unvoted.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:41 pm

Post by Phoebus »

bigbenwd wrote:unvote: stewie

Vote: pheobus
Can I request a reason for the vote? Or is this a new bandwagon forming?
I don't even know whether the vote will be counted since the unvote was unbolded.
Stewie wrote:ok.
unvote bigbenwd, vote; phoebus

simply because we have too many new players, and I think massive's suspicion is quite interesting.
Well, as I said before...
What do you want me to do that I'm one of the regular and somewhat useful town roles? Will re voting help?
You don't want me lynched on day 1 and it won't help if I role claim this early in the game as well....
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:02 am

Post by Phoebus »

massive wrote: No Mafia would put votes four, five, and six on a player to lynch them. Not quickly, anyways, or without discussion.
No the mafia wouldn't but the Sk might...calling it a newbie mistake or forgetting to count the votes for a lycnh....
We have plenty of first timers here. The SK and a mafioso were among the deciding voters in the other game. So, even though a new player who's mafia and makes the mistake of being obvious with lynching vote could still lose us a possibly decent role without discussion.
massive wrote: It would be too blatant a move for them. The last thing Mafia want to do is be seen as acting as a group. I would think Phoebus would know that.
I do know that.
I
am not
part of any group with Primoris.

Does
Vote:Primoris
help? We can lynch him if you like but if and when he turns out to be pro town, well...cheap kill for the Mafia I guess.

As far as I'm concerned, I stick to the fact that I'm a townie. Maybe a slightly diferent one but a townie nonetheless.

-Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:38 pm

Post by Phoebus »

You want me to claim this early in the game?
Well I suppose it won't hurt. I am a use and throw role I suppose.
I'm a one shot vig. You want me to substantiate my claim? Decide upon a target and give me tonight. If I fail, lynch me. If I do deliver, well that should clear my role.

As far as my revoting of Primoris is concerned...well unvoting him in the first place got everyone's hackles up and talk of us being Mafia buddies. Now revoting still perpetuates them? I find that hard to fathom. It could remain on him for the rest of the game for all I care. Only, I do care...I can't discount the possibility of him being pro town, as I can't for everyone else except for maybe ben.

And what is it with ben unvoting and revoting at every instant without sufficient reason? Every other post of his must contain an unvote and revote.

-Phoebus
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:22 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Well, I'm still around.

I hadn't said anything cuz I thought we'd decided that I'm not to kill anyone tonight. I do agree ofcourse killing random people will harm us but using my kill is the only way I can prove my role.

So I'm just waiting around to see how the day turns out.
Ben is being flaky but then apparently....he is that everywhere. so I don't quite feel him worthy of a vote. And again if I unvote Primoris, accusations of us being Mafia buddies might start flying around. So it'll remain there till the day ends or he gets lynched....whatever is earlier.

-Phoebus.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:57 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hmm.
Not convinced I see.
What is it that can convince you guys?
Tell me, I'll do it.
I offered to kill cuz that was the only way to prove my claim. If I claim only vig...well, there you have it...people start calling me the SK. I'm not one.
Give me some benefit of the doubt...If I were Mafia, I doubt a bandwagon would've made much difference to me...I voted first and was neither number 3 (which I've been told is the start of a bandwagon) or anywhere near a lynching vote. Now since there was no lynch, that does not matter but anyhoo...

As far as voting to please people is concerned, well if one needs to stay alive, one needs to please atleast someone does one not?

~Phoebus~
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:36 am

Post by Phoebus »

I'm still not convinced but I think I'll sleep on it and see if things have changed somewhat by then. They most probably won't have.

Back in ~7 hours or so...

~Phoebus~
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:14 am

Post by Phoebus »

Hello all!

Apologies for going AWOL but weekend + college festival = busy and absent Phoebus.

That takes care of the issue of me not posting, I think. I certainly am not afraid to speak out to defend myself.

As to me being Mafia...well I stick to my role. one shot vig.

I haven't a clue why Yoko got me as Mafia. He could be switched. He could be paranoid.
All this is assuming ofcourse that he IS a cop. The extra time for it to dawn certainly indicates night choice. He admits to one. I'm just not convinced it is what he claims it is.

I hope the real cop checks him out tonight. If he is A cop, then he most certainly is paranoid. We must have a sane cop somewhere. I suggest that person go visit Yoko tonight just to verify alignment.

Yoko,
Here we go again.
My claim is not convenient. I call it as it is. I really did not want to claim but there was a possible bandwagon against me.
The reason I asked for a "target" and not "townie" mind you (do read my posts carefully) was that it was the only way to substantiate my role. I would not have accepted any odd target mind you. That person would have needed to have been (is that grammatically correct? ) suspicious enough for the town to agree as target.
I assume the only reason why I'm still around is that they know now who I am and possibly think they can get a cheap kill through me by asking me to kill someone. Rest assured, I *might* use my kill IF asked but I will also keep my eyes peeled for certain clues to identity.

And what is the deal with outsider? I read it as outsider = not town.
Was he "pro town"? Can someone confirm this? Or was he SK...living alone outside the city? Or was he Mafia and Yoko is just another "outsider" who's worried since his partner is gone? Or one of them anyways. I have seen a trend of two member mafias lately in minis. I wonder how many members this does.
If Breakdown was mafia and Yoko is one too (outsider). We should be very near winning....

Thoughts?

I'm gonna FOS:Yoko for now.

~Phoebus~
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #320 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:09 am

Post by Phoebus »

We win!! w00t!

Tally, girl...you were amazing!!

First win and all thanks to an amazingly well played game by my partner.
I can't wait to scheme again together. :P
Maybe next time I'll have more luck and not be fingered by a cop so soon. :roll:

Well played again all!

And thanks Nori, for modding a good game...I'm sure interested in what the outsider did and your comments in the previous posts are intriguing...bring it on...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”