Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:52 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Why are you a Motive cop who doesn't get people's motive?

Oh right, cause you're LYING.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:55 am

Post by farside22 »

missed that motive claim

Motive: I want to increase my ratings, hopefully and help the union.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 am

Post by farside22 »

charter wrote:Why do we have two people claiming tracker and we are lynching me? Out of the two of them, I'd say farside is probably scum.
Why would you track Llama if you thought he was town?

##unvote:
##Vote: charter

Also those playing at home I claimed tracker day 1 and charter never said boo about it then.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Sorry day 2 I claimed but you get what I mean.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Fishythefish wrote:Yeah, there are all sorts of ways the scores could have changed between yesterday and today. The fact that you and d3x disagree about today's scoreboard is really weird.

I would be very surprised, and also feel somewhat cheated by this game, if I don't have control over my score, and that is something I would only consider as an explanation if all else failed.
Agreed. Let's wait for D3x's timeframe on his scoreboard and go from there.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Zorblag »

@UncertainKitten, yeah, I'm a bit suspicious of you but it's not like I can do anything about it; you seem really unlikely to be government based on everything that's happened. Further I like your claim a lot. It fits the kill style fairly well. I suppose I could drop a bit of paranoia at this point but it usually serves me so well.

As far as shooting DrippingGoofball goes, I'll let you know when I've taken my shot at whoever I take it at. She's a decent target now but I want to hear from Ellibereth and her before I do anything along those lines. I'm also still not in a hurry in general to shoot; this day, despite all that's happened, is still fairly young and we've definitely got a mass claim to get through. I might suggest a conditional order at this point; shoot DrippingGoofball if she's not dead and pick a second target if she is. If I do shoot at her and she's alive it just confirms that she's not government. It's up to you of course.

@farside22, why would charter have said anything about your tracker claim day two? We didn't get the second tracker claim until just now when RedCoyote made it.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 am

Post by Plum »

I WANT TO HEREBY CONFIRM THAT CHARTER'S INFO IS ACCURATE.

THAT IS. PARAMA'S ROLE
DID
WORK AS HE DESCRIBED. PARAMA'S ROLE DID
NOT
GIVE RESULTS ON MOTIVE, ONLY OTHER/NOT OTHER, DESPITE THE NAME.

THIS DOES NOT RULE OUT CHARTER BEING SCUM IN AND OF ITSELF, BUT IT SHOULD BE KNOWN.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:27 am

Post by charter »

At least someone has some damn sense.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Plum, you seem to have forgotten to take part in the mass claim there.

@charter, I don't have time to go back and look just now but are you saying that LlamaFluff claimed a power role? I don't think I recall him doing that. I don't personally have any trouble with you having checked to see if he was other or not but that would be a funny reason unless I've forgotten something (which isn't wholly unlikely given my memory.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 am

Post by charter »

I don't know if he did or not. RC said he did a few posts ago. I investigated him because of how he said he was 100% sure Fishy was telling the truth, which led me to think he was an other.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:38 am

@Troll: Constant vigilance wins games. I don't hold your paranoia against you, as long as it doesn't consume you.

@Plum: How convenient.

Can you elaborate, since we kinda are fullclaiming here.

And yeah, I'll make DGB my first and someone else my second.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I wonder why Troll always wants to shoot people that are NOT government.

Isn't it curious?

First on Day 1, Troll shoots at obv town. We'll forgive him this first bit of weirdness.

Yesterday he had a big long story to explain why he didn't shoot Fishy when it was known that Fishy was government. He could have shot Fishy while someone else got lynched - maybe another government would have claimed! And he had a long explanation when the timing of his posts proved that something was not meshing well with his claim.

Now he wants to shoot me, and I'm not government.

WHY?

Is it because his claim is a complete fabrication, and he CANNOT kill government at all, so he's planning to weasel his way out of it every day by finding "reasons" to shoot at non-government players against his own wincon???

WHO WILL EXPLAIN THAT TO ME?

OR

we can just kill the scum already.

##Vote: Zorblag
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm really confused now.
##unvote

I thought charter was saying he was a tracker. Not RC was a tracker.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 am

##Vote: Zorblag
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Okay the mod explained why we have different results to me. The way he worded gaining points for not claiming sucked, so since d3x scoreboarded after I claimed it would explain the discrepancy. I apparently got knocked down for losing the potential points of not being claimed rather than gaining them at the end of the game if I were still unclaimed/alive.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:13 am

@DGB: Why is a census taker not part of the government?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 am

UncertainKitten wrote:@DGB: Why is a census taker not part of the government?
Because census-takers aren't government. They don't govern.

Thanks for asking, scum.

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:23 am

Post by popsofctown »

Zorblag wrote:@RedCoyote, I'm pretty sure that farside22 has indicated that she isn't one shot (she was worried about getting roleblocked from here on out.)

@popsofctown, you seem to be missing the fact that I don't think it's bussing because I don't think that DrippingGoofball is in a faction with a night kill. You're a great partner if she does flip mafia as that would mean I think they probably don't have a killing role.

I'd think that you'd have better ways to be spending your energy than looking here though. People aren't listening to me anyhow and there's still scum out there to catch. Scum which you don't seem to be catching beyond the fact that apparently now you think DrippingGoofball counts.

Out of curiosity, when did we determine that DrippingGoofball wasn't government? I don't see why you'd think that at this point.

Also, what is your role title? What is your flavor title?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
When she gave a swiss cheese roleclaim, it was clear she was lying. People lying about being non-hostile are probably hostile. The unknown thing is seriously a mistake she made.

I'm a Vanilla Townie. I'm a Country Music Superstar.

My motive is roughly that I sing songs to make people happy. I paraphrased so that a motive cop can confirm themselves if they obtain the exact wording. Everyone else really ought to have done so :(

Charter is obvscum, until now Plum comes in and has read the setup o.0. We'll see how this pans out I guess. Maybe their a 2-man hostile faction and she really can't let him die, because the version of motive cop he gave us seemed kind of off-beat and reading the motive makes more sense, especially because most people's motive matches up to their flavor title.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:21 am

They are in the employ of the government as far as I know.

and you are one to be calling people scum, Miss I Can Totally Find Unknowns That Don't Actually Exist Since Those Are DEAD Flips.

I'm fine with shooting you dead. Got any bulletproof I should know about ^-^?

Honestly, I really don't know what to make of Plum trying to save obvscum charter.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 am

UncertainKitten wrote:They are in the employ of the government as far as I know.
So is the Army. But they're not "governing." Nor am I.

WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER THE POINTS I MADE ABOUT TROLL???

You are completely unreasonable. Why you would have to be, if you were scum.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:57 am

EBWOP

"which is what you would have to be, if you were scum."

Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Zorblag »

@UncertainKitten, Census Taker wouldn't be part of the government for the purposes of this game any more than Director of Homeland Security was I wouldn't think. I'd expect President and Vice-President, Speaker of the House and Senate Majority Leader, Chief Justice Associate Justice as the role flavors based on the one flip we've seen (and assuming we're all making the right assumptions of 2 in each faction.)

@DrippingGoofball, if you're telling the truth with your claim why would you care at all whether I take a shot at you? If you're not government it wouldn't hit and you don't need to lynch scum for your claimed victory condition. Is it that I'm linking you with popsofctown now that's got you actually doing something (which I don't think is going to get you very far but I've been known to be wrong) in a game where you're hugely in the background compared to your normal play? Or is it just that you really don't want me to take that shot?

Also, shouldn't you be cheering on the mass claim and encouraging people to do their part?

@popsofctown, why wouldn't DrippingGoofball, if she was a member of the government, not lie about her role both to keep the unclaimed points there as potential and to keep me from shooting her? I really don't see a reason that you'd be assuming she's not government here.

@everyone, some Vanilla Townie flavors for your perusal:

Diplomat from England
Director of Homeland Security
Grassroots Organizer
Country Music Superstar

One of those things is not like the others.

Actually, here are some more claimed and confirmed flavors:

Fringe Tea Party Activist
Speaker of the House
Traffic Cop
High School Civics Teacher
C-Span Executive
Celebrity Impersonator
Rogue CIA Agent
Census Taker
FBI Bureaucrat
News Correspondent
Army Reserve Soldier

I think that's what we've seen. There's a pretty strong theme of politic/government related for all of them except the Celebrity Impersonator (charter), Country Music Superstar (popsofctown) and possibly the News Correspondent (though that one's much less of a stretch.) I realize that flavor can be different for given roles than the norm for a game but it's it interesting that the two most incongruous are popsofctown and charter thus far?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Well. I also received that clarification from the mod - the x points we all get for surviving unclaimed have been counted in the scoreboards. I was rather misled by the result of an earlier question I asked him, but there we are.

So, revised scoreboards:

D2
d3x 2x (surviving points)
Fishy = Shotty = x (surviving points)

D3a)
d3x 2x + Plum (I'm pretty sure he listed
before
he claimed - please confirm d3x?)
Shotty x + DGB
Fishy x + Chrono + mystery ability - lynch

D3b)
d3x x + Plum
Shotty DGB
Fishy x + Chrono + mystery ability - lynch

Firstly, I am now certain that I scored no points on N1. This says very little about RC's alignment.

So, the main thing we have to work with is:
DGB - x = Chrono + mystery ability - lynch
ie. between the two points at which we were equal, Shotty gained points for DGB, and lost survival points by claiming. I gained points for Chrono, and for my mystery ability, and lost some for the lynch.

I'll check carefully, but I'm pretty sure there is zero chance that Chrono is town (given that DGB isn't).
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Zorg: Who do you believe is scum at this point? You asked me yesterday of my views but I dont' recall you stating your scum suspects.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Fishythefish, I was wondering how you'd sort out that answer d3x gave given your previous answer to a question I asked.

I'm not sure why you think that Shotty to the Body gained points for DrippingGoofball given that we know she's not town at this point. I've followed most of the conversation about how points work (given that I'm working with less information than the rest of you doing it) but can you confirm that at this point you think there's no chance Chronopie is town (in terms of getting you points from transmission?)

@farside22, that's interesting as I think I've been giving them throughout the game.

Right now I think that popsofctown is probably scum, DrippingGoofball is probably scum (mafia or some hostile other) or government, StrangerCoug and animorpherv1 are on my marginal list. I could see scum or other for them without any problem. I'm a bit ambivilous about charter actually. His flavor doesn't match all that well but I don't really hate his claim. It'll be better after we get Plum to finish her claim that she's a mafia/not mafia cop (which would fit the symmetry and give her the extra knowledge though I'm not sure why she'd want to start out pushing Shotty to the Body today but she can explain that with her claim.) Ellibereth is up to something but I don't particularly think he's scum; again once he claims I'll be more sure.

To be honest I'm more looking for government that scum at this point. If I figure out people are scum that helps narrow down the government claims but it's sort of a secondary task.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”