Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I saw the DGB from yesterday and thought it was OMGUS. I see people pointing to DGB as scum and I'm more not sure on that.
Also why is pops scum? He reacted pretty town to the fake shot unless you think scum planned that together?
Thanks for the feed back. It gets me to think more and gives me a place to analysis some people.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Secret Service Agent
Town Bodyguard
Protected Llama and Chrono
Will receive transmissions of who is NOT the sniper.
Apparently these come from troll's failed kills.
Standard town wincon, abs. nothing to do with Troll. Was bluffing to try and get him leashed but that didn't work out.
FLASH OF GREEN
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Sorry, sorry. I used "gained points" there whenever I didn't know they were lost points. Gained points can be +ve, -ve or even 0.

I'm not going to commit myself to 100% on Chrono until I've thought harder about it. It's not the simplest of situations, and getting it wrong would be bad. I'll give you an answer on this very soon.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Secret Service Agent
Town Bodyguard
Standard town wincon, abs. nothing to do with Troll. Was bluffing to try and get him leashed but that didn't work out.
FLASH OF GREEN
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Sorry. By "gained points" I meant "did an points related action on". I wasn't meaning to imply that those points were +ve, or even necessarily any.

I'll think hard about Chrono soon. I won't commit 100% to that statement until I've done so.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Ellibereth »

Secret Service Agent
Town Bodyguard
FLASH OF GREEN
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Zorblag »

@farside22, I don't think that popsofctown reacted well to the day vig. If they're scum together certainly the DrippingGoofball day vig thing was planned but I don't like his reaction regardless of whether they're teammates together or not. I talk about it in some detail in Post 801. Overall I dislike him because I don't believe that he picked his role randomly (or that he would think it benefits him) and he's been completely useless for most of the game. He's been hanging out in the background and doing no scum hunting until this bit with DrippingGoofball came up.

I don't really OMGUS that much; people will usually have a pretty long leash when it comes to attacking me. DrippingGoofball wasn't town because she wasn't acting how she would when she is town. That I was the focus made it easier for me to pick up on but this game is nothing like her town games; anyone who's played with her should see that.

@Ellibereth, interesting. You should probably note that I really am trying to work the the town here. Our motives overlap just fine if you're telling the truth. I suppose an effort to keep me in control is fine but that approach wasn't overly likely to succeed.

As a bodyguard do you die if the person you're protecting gets targeted with a kill?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Zorblag wrote:@DrippingGoofball, if you're telling the truth with your claim why would you care at all whether I take a shot at you?
I would be happier if I knew your shot would be effective and deliver me of my un-winnable wincon. This being said, why on Earth would you shoot someone that will not be dead? Your role is "WORRISOMELY" UNPROVEN. We could have deal, though. Shoot me. If I live, we lynch YOU. How's that?
Zorblag wrote:...in a game where you're hugely in the background compared to your normal play?
I've explained what my circumstances are.
Zorblag wrote:Also, shouldn't you be cheering on the mass claim and encouraging people to do their part?
I might if some idiot wasn't blocking me. This game has been, on account of my role & roleblock, inhumanely boring.
Zorblag wrote:...it's it interesting that the two most incongruous are popsofctown and charter thus far?
You're my favorite creature dwelling under bridges in the whole wide world.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Ellibereth, oh, and what do you think DrippingGoofball's chances of being government are?

Updated Claim List:
  • The Living

• animorpherv1: No claim
  • charter: town backup, inherited motive cop (other/not other cop) targeted LlamaFluff N2 (got not other)
  • Chronopie: town/not town cop, miller. Targeted Fishythefish (not town) N1, Jack (town) N2; something about not sure how he would turn up for point factions
  • d3x: Executive, faction transmitted a weak watcher result on Chronopie to Plum
  • Debonair Danny DiPietro: No claim (not government by Troll)
  • DrippingGoofball: Neutral Statistician/Census Taker (roleblocked N1, roleblocked N2), received role cop transmission on Jack
  • Ellibereth: Secret Service, town bodyguard. Protected LlamaFluff N1, Chronopie N2.
  • farside22: Tracker, tracked fishythefish to RedCoyote N1, Plum to Shotty to the Body N2
  • Fishythefish: Judiciary, faction transmitted weak tracker result on Plum to Chronopie
  • Gammagooey: Paranoid Gun Owner
  • imaginality: Doctor (with protections that extend to the next day). Protected DrippingGoofball N1, Chronopie N2.
  • StrangerCoug: No claim
  • Plum: Some investigation on Shotty to the Body; received weak watcher on Chronopie
  • popsofctown: Vanilla Townie, Country Music Superstar, not government by Troll
  • RedCoyote: FBI tracker, roleblocked (or interfered in some way) N1, tracked charter to LlamaFluff N2
  • Shotty to the Body: Legislature, transmitted a role cop result on Jack to DrippingGoofball
  • UncertainKitten: Vig/neighborizer. Killed xvart N1; tried to target Plum N2, instead targeted Troll got redirected to Jack
  • Zorblag: Sniper, shot at Debonair Danny DiPietro day one, popsofctown day two.

The Dead

• Jack: Vanilla townie
  • LlamaFluff: Town redirector. No results known
  • Nicodemus: Vanilla townie
  • Parama: Motive Cop. No results known
  • Ojanen: Vanilla townie
  • xvart: Legislature
-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Zorblag »

@DrippingGoofball, you'll pardon me if I don't feel that much pity for you about your lack of excitement in this game. If it makes you feel good you've managed to make it more exciting for me than I would have liked.

How would lynching me benefit either of us if I shoot at you and you don't die, thus confirming you're not government?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:02 am

Post by imaginality »

@Fishy: why aren't you revealing your 'mystery ability'?
@d3x and Shotty: do your factions also have 'mystery abilities'?

If so why don't you come clean about them at this point?

@d3x and Fishy, if claiming any mystery abilities you have will out your partner(s), well, like d3x said, that's not really a bad thing for you. And putting everyting out in the open can only help you to sort out this points business and tell us who the scums are so we can get back to, y'know, playing mafia.

The Chronopie-not-town thing is interesting though, what with him claiming miller... a scum cop would make sense in a game with lots of Others, to help them identify town from Other...

@Zorblag, good catch on the flavour. I can definitely see pops-scum, and agree(d) with you about his reaction to the daykill.

But I'm not unvoting charter until Plum full-claims and explains how she knows charter's telling the truth about the motive cop thing.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Zorblag »

@DrippingGoofball, actually, with UncertainKitten interested in targeting you as well I am willing to make something of a deal with you if you like. Right now you probably die whether or not you're government. If you'd like to claim that you're government now I'll not shoot you till second to last at the earliest (I'd need another claim to be able to give you last.) Your partner should be able to confirm the claim so that should keep you safe to try to get your other points for a while at least.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Fishythefish »

@imag: I'll get back to you on that. I'm not going to do anything that might out my partner, but I may be able to tell you more.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

@imagine: Are you thinking of the game that we were in and I claimed a cop role with another cop in the game and was scum?
Just wondering if that entered your head when you see the claims going on.
I have a part of me trying not to WIFOM this game to death.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Assuming the following are true:
- Shotty visited DGB
- DGB is not town
- Shotty used no other ability
- Shotty does not gain points for visiting non-town
Then I conclude with 100% certainty that Chronopie is scum. Of these assumptions, the first is confirmed by a transmittee, and the second is claimed by DGB. The third and fourth are claims of Shotty's which I believe - the third because he has very little motivation to lie, and the fourth because his role mirrors mine so well.

##vote: Chronopie
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Zorblag »

@Fishythefish, can you also conclude at this point (assuming that the other factions get points for transmitting to town, no points for other and lose points for transmitting to town) that DrippingGoofball is other? It seems that if she was scum you'd need to have Chronopie give you extra negative points if I understand what you've said correctly.

Feel free to claim her as a partner if you'd like; that would make the whole thing that much clearer.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zorblag wrote:
@everyone, I'd like a yeah or nay on mass claim with your next post. If you're opposed to it now after all the claims we've seen I want to see reasons why you oppose it.
Well, the post after this indicates that most roles are outed already (and it looks like I'm third from last), so I guess I'll spill that I am a LGBTQIA Rights Organizer, town neighborizer. To paraphrase my motive, a win would give me an easier time getting rights.

I targeted LlamaFluff Night 1 and UncertainKitten Night 2. I'm trying to pick town players unlikely to be nightkilled that night. LlamaFluff did not tell me that he targeted anybody specific, but speculated that RedCoyote was either bus-driven with another player or redirected. What I do have from him are two numbers: 517511, which was changed to 5172111.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by imaginality »

@farside, yes, that game does come to mind. (It also did in a different way earlier with the Jack cult stuff, which gave me a town read on him here due to what happened there.)

It's definitely as logical for scum to have a cop in this game as in that one. Also a scum tracker would be quite a plausible possibility here.

So, on the surface of it, my guess would be Chronopie = scum cop, RC = scum tracker and Plum = town cop(?), you = town tracker... which fits with my reads... but then, yeah, mod-WIFOM so... *shrugs*

My main concerns with Chronopie's claim aren't just by comparison to that game, though. They're this points thing from the Others, which, I'm inclined to believe because there's no motive for them to lie about it, and in particular the way Chronopie tagged on the 'oh I'm a miller' bit when the Others started talking about their scoreboards.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Ahhh! Ahhhhhh! Time to hastily withdraw my 100% conclusion!

Sorry. BAD typo. Under the assumptions in my last post, I conclude with 100% certainty that Chronopie is
not town
. There is room for him to be other, or to be scum.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@StrangerCoug, do you know exactly when those numbers changed? I'd guess that the first one was generated in N1 (well, twilight, after the mod-kill) and at the start of D2. I'm also guessing they're strings of numbers rather than single numbers. There aren't quite enough of them (they add to 20 and 18 respectively) but it looks like some sort of distribution of roles. That actually adds a lot of credence to DrippingGoofball's claim if it's the case.

@UncertainKitten, can you confirm the neighborizing? You said someone else had the ability earlier so it seems likely you will.

@Fishythefish, hmm, really? Let me look at your argument from before again.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@Fishythefish, by your assumptions could Chronopie and DrippingGoofball have different alignments or do they have to both be mafia or both be other? I think it looks like you're getting that they have to have the same alignment.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Zorblag wrote:@StrangerCoug, do you know exactly when those numbers changed? I'd guess that the first one was generated in N1 (well, twilight, after the mod-kill) and at the start of D2. I'm also guessing they're strings of numbers rather than single numbers. There aren't quite enough of them (they add to 20 and 18 respectively) but it looks like some sort of distribution of roles. That actually adds a lot of credence to DrippingGoofball's claim if it's the case.
The number appears to have changed sometime between May 19 at 5:51 PM EDT/3:51 PM MDT and May 23 at 5:24 PM EDT/3:24 PM MDT.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Zorblag »

@StrangerCoug, hmm, that's more at the end of the second day. Did he talk to you during twilight before he was killed? I take it he didn't give any context with the numbers and that you're pretty sure that he was giving updates as they happened (and wasn't just holding out on giving the second for some reason?)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by Plum »

Zorblag wrote:@Plum, you seem to have forgotten to take part in the mass claim there.
Yeah, because I was going to mention that my school computer is schizo and will occasionally allow me access to random thread pages but usually nada. I took what I had time and ability to see and responded. There seemed to be a massclaim going but I had no way to tell if there was going to be a set order or what and figured that it could wait a few hours.
UncertainKitten wrote:@Plum: How convenient.
Isn't it? I'm not trying to save 'obvscum Charter' I need to check what he might have recently done to earn that epithet, sure. And his claim does bother me for other reasons. I'll get to
that
in a second.

Look, if we're a two-man 'can't let him die' faction, as Pops just suggested, we're screwed. We wouldn't be Mafia in that case (a two-man Mafia setup is possible, but not one where potential for complete and devastating loss is so easy and likely) so Zorb &c. could just shoot one of us and we'd be dead.

Anyway. I'm a
Contractor
and my role is
Universal Backup
. I'm not just doing this for the money. I'm doing it for a, um, a
whole lot
of money. Anyway, I activated when Charter did - on Chronopie's death. Same Role PM, same role. My focus on getting Others to claim might in retrospect have been too forceful, but my idea was to use the role to an advantage: catching Mafia fakeclaiming Other. That was my take on Shotty today. Notice how I state definitively that he's not Town (not that he's scum) and that I'd like Zorb to shoot him and that I'm very confident that the shot would kill him when this is discussed. Basically I investigated him and got a result of Other.

But having thought about it, I'm less freely confident in my 'oh nevermind outguessing the setup makers as to whether they'd double up Universal Backup' + Town read on Charter. However, declaring him fakeclaiming scum about the Motive Cop role mechanics is not a productive path.

[/hr]
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Chronopie »

Fishythefish wrote:Ahhh! Ahhhhhh! Time to hastily withdraw my 100% conclusion!

Sorry. BAD typo. Under the assumptions in my last post, I conclude with 100% certainty that Chronopie is
not town
. There is room for him to be other, or to be scum.
Heeelllooooo. Miller. and Zoroaster
refused to confirm or deny
that there were even Points scoring factions, let alone how I would modify the points boards.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”