Square Enix Mafia I: Diabolus Erus (GAME OVER)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 3:29 am

Post by dramonic »

town... jester?
I must have missed the memo, is it "make up a ridiculous role" day?
What pro-town role would have for a wincon to diminish the amount of town players?

Anyways, on to the day's topic: Nothing happened to me. Kise PMed me saying I overslept, but I'm pretty sure that just means "hey, thread is open."

I'm skeptical doom is a SK tool. I mean, we've found a way to avoid it taking effect ever, you'd think Kise wouldn't put such an impossible role to win with in the game, unless it also has a NK. But at this point dooming instead of NKing is silly.

Also, smacking DTM for that fake daykill.

Vote Count:

No wagons today.

Not Voting:

AdumbroDeus
Antifinity
bill1148
Chronopie
Devotress
dramonic
Glork
JPSalazar
KDub
MehPlusRawr
thatguy00
wolframnhart

Lynch:

7 votes.

Deadline:

June 15th - 9:00 PM EST
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:05 am

Post by Kdub »

I was targeted by the brown cloaked music man last night.

Devo, were you told specifically that you were hit with doom again last night, or was it a carry over from yesterday?

Anti:
Well the fact that DTM was killed and flipped town changes things a bit. I was going to point out that your primary motivation for suspecting Prana and Chrono yesterday was their actions regarding the doom counter, so I wanted to see if you were going to be consistent and call out DTM for poking around with his vote yesterday. Since we now know for a fact that he was town, that pretty much negates that line of inquiry.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:27 am

Post by bill1148 »

Antifinity wrote:
To answer the question about my feelings on DTMaster, I find it not impossible that he was some sort of
Death Godfather
, as I can't think of any other way to explain his ultra-scummy scumtasticness.
lol what?
dramonic wrote: I'm skeptical doom is a SK tool. I mean, we've found a way to avoid it taking effect ever, you'd think Kise wouldn't put such an impossible role to win with in the game, unless it also has a NK. But at this point dooming instead of NKing is silly.
Well then, would you care to explain the "reduced to nothing" flavor? It obviously isn't a Vig, since it was used N1 and because "Drowned" is obviously the flavor for our Vig. You are apparently saying it isn't a SK either, since Doom doesn't work anymore, plus that the "reduced to nothing" was only used once. And I don't see why it would be coming from Mafia (the team that is apparently electrocuting), since it would be two kills from one faction in one night, in addition, why would they be using Doom instead of the extra "reduced to nothing" kill?
Kdub wrote:I was targeted by the brown cloaked music man last night.
Duly noted.
Kdub wrote:Devo, were you told specifically that you were hit with doom again last night, or was it a carry over from yesterday?
Interesting. I'd like Devo to clarify this as well, although I was given the impression from her original post that she was hit again, rather than what you are suggesting.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:27 am

Post by dramonic »

town... jester?
I must have missed the memo, is it "make up a ridiculous role" day?
What pro-town role would have for a wincon to diminish the amount of town players?

Anyways, on to the day's topic: Nothing happened to me. Kise PMed me saying I overslept, but I'm pretty sure that just means "hey, thread is open."

I'm skeptical doom is a SK tool. I mean, we've found a way to avoid it taking effect ever, you'd think Kise wouldn't put such an impossible role to win with in the game, unless it also has a NK. But at this point dooming instead of NKing is silly.

Also, smacking DTM for that fake daykill.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 am

Post by dramonic »

I hate my computer.
Sorry all :(
I'm a hoot
bill1148
bill1148
Goon
bill1148
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 am

Post by bill1148 »

Antifinity wrote:
To answer the question about my feelings on DTMaster, I find it not impossible that he was some sort of
Death Godfather
, as I can't think of any other way to explain his ultra-scummy scumtasticness.
lol what?
dramonic wrote: I'm skeptical doom is a SK tool. I mean, we've found a way to avoid it taking effect ever, you'd think Kise wouldn't put such an impossible role to win with in the game, unless it also has a NK. But at this point dooming instead of NKing is silly.
Well then, would you care to explain the "reduced to nothing" flavor? It obviously isn't a Vig, since it was used N1 and because "Drowned" is obviously the flavor for our Vig. You are apparently saying it isn't a SK either, since Doom doesn't work anymore, plus that the "reduced to nothing" was only used once. And I don't see why it would be coming from Mafia (the team that is apparently electrocuting), since it would be two kills from one faction in one night, in addition, why would they be using Doom instead of the extra "reduced to nothing" kill?
Duly noted.
Kdub wrote:Devo, were you told specifically that you were hit with doom again last night, or was it a carry over from yesterday?
Interesting. I'd like Devo to clarify this as well, although I was given the impression from her original post that she was hit again, rather than what you are suggesting.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 4:39 am

Post by dramonic »

I hate my computer.
Sorry all :(
I'm a hoot
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 6:09 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

The two scummiest players are town? Really...

Glork wrote:I'm blind again, which is also a "mitigate obvioustown players" play.

I want to know why the Vig didn't listen to me and kill KDub like I asked.

FoS: KDub

Two easy possibilities.

1. There is no vig.

2. The vig disagreed and thought DTM was a better target. Based on DTM's ridiculous play yesterday, I would tend to agree.

I hate that I was ignored yesterday, I did point out that Kjuta's flavor certainly had that possibility.

Well, at least we know elemental attributes aren't considered a role... though I doubt it will help, I don't think anyone but prana would think of that as vanilla.

HoS: Dram

I don't like how you pushed us into that vote, again we had two legit targets yesterday, we should've taken our time with that decision.

Even though neither of them actually were mafia.

Why?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Glork »

Well obviously the Vig disagreed with me. I'm basically telling them to shut the fuck up and listen to me from here on out. In my eyes, DTM was pretty obivously town, even though he did screw up a few things. His earnesty in scumhunting was genuine, as proven by his overnight post in the QuickTopic.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 8:42 am

Post by dramonic »

Adum, you are starting to bore me. Your "case", if it can even be called that, holds no weight when it was by town consensus agreed that Prana's claim was crap.

Are you familiar with the principle of LAL?
I'm a hoot
thatguy00
thatguy00
Goon
thatguy00
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 9:39 am

Post by thatguy00 »

Adum, I think it was discussed rather thoroughly during the day, yesterday that is, I guess Dram did kind of shove us into it, I didn't get a chance to vote for Prana but I was willing to do it nonetheless.

Who are you looking at as far as scum goes, Adum? We can discuss it through the day phase today.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Antifinity »

The death godfather was hyperbole to express my feelings of scuminess towards DTM not legitimate role speculation.
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Post by Devotress »

Yah I feel it's important to clarify the flavour stated I was doomed again, not the same doom carrying over. Town beats doom if we keep up the FoSing.

It infact get's easier the farther along we go too. DTM deffinatly killed me yesterday if not for the fact that chronopie happened to break a rule that day which changed the lynch majority, but everyday the lynch majority gets smaller but the counter stays at 10 to start.
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 am

Post by JPSalazar »

I still have a hunch about Antifinity being scum. It's just lingering from before.
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Today, he would become a real American hero."- Kise
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Chronopie »

Alive: 12

3. JPSalazar
4. KDub
6. Devotress
8. Glork
10. Chronopie
11. Antifinity
13. thatguy00
WorseExcuse

16. bill1148
17. dramonic
19. AdumbroDeus
FC Groningen

21. wolframnhart
22. MehPlusRawr

Those I wouldn't mind seeing dead, by Lynch, or Vig:

4. Kdub
11. Antifinity
13. Thatguy00 (based mostly on WE's atrocious play)
16. Bill1148 (just been giving me scummy vibes)
17. dramonic (for forcing the lynch yesterday)
22. MPR (Is he even still around? Lurker alert, worked for BV)

HoS: Kdub
(in place of vote)
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by Chronopie »

@Mod: Check my sig, V/LA
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Post by JPSalazar »

The lurker alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

FoS: MehPlusRawr
"JPS pulls himself up to safety as everyone else stands, looking at him in shock. But, in the end... they were proud of him. The group of innocents surround him and celebrate, lifting him high over head and praising JP. For today, he cemented his name in the history books.

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Kdub »

AdumbroDeus wrote:I hate that I was ignored yesterday, I did point out that Kjuta's flavor certainly had that possibility.
I don't really like this post. It sounds like you are trying to get town credit that really isn't deserved. Yes, you pointed out that the flavor was possible, but in the same post, you followed that up with:
AdumbroDeus wrote:Not saying that Prana isn't acting ridiculously scummy and shouldn't be lynched ASAP, but just wanted to point it out.
So if you wanted him lynched regardless of the flavor, you can't complain about people ignoring your pointing out the possibility that the flavor was true.

FoS: Adumbro

I feel like I'm back almost to square one regarding Anti. Looking back at his play including today, all of his suspicions appear to be based solely on people running down the doom counter with votes and nothing else. That's poor and incomplete reasoning at best and scummy at worst, but to his credit, he's been extremely consistent in pushing this line of reasoning for all of his suspects.

Anti, now that we know DTM and Prana were town, do you still think Chrono and JP are scummy since you suspected all four of them for basically the same reason?

Chrono, any reason for your HoS?

A lurker hunt sounds like a productive plan. Since directing the vig (assuming it actually is a vig) seems to be all the rage lately, I propose that the vig kill off whoever the most inactive player today is (in terms of content, not just number of posts). If people agree, that ought to force some of the lurkers to start posting.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Devotress
Devotress
Goon
Devotress
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by Devotress »

Kdub wrote: Chrono, any reason for your HoS?
This is actually interesting. ISO Chronopie and ctrl-F seach for Kdub. He's never mentioned you once before. The only time your name shows up is in vote counts that were in his posts.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:26 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

JPSalazar wrote:The lurker alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

Why me specifically? I'm definitely not the only lurker in this game. I admit that I haven't committed as much time to it as I would like to, but there are several people as bad or worse than me.
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Devo, were you told specifically that you were hit with doom again last night, or was it a carry over from yesterday?

Anti:
Well the fact that DTM was killed and flipped town changes things a bit. I was going to point out that your primary motivation for suspecting Prana and Chrono yesterday was their actions regarding the doom counter, so I wanted to see if you were going to be consistent and call out DTM for poking around with his vote yesterday. Since we now know for a fact that he was town, that pretty much negates that line of inquiry.
Hmm. There was only one kill last night, on a person that a lot of people thought were scum, and it had the flavor of the kill that killed scum yesterday.

If we consider the "Music Man" to be a roleblocker, this probably means Kdub is scum.

HoS: Kdub
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 am

Post by dramonic »

JPSalazar wrote:The lurker alert works for me. They aren't helping much in the game.

What's this sound? Oh, it's the sweet tone of hypocrisy
I'm a hoot
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Kdub »

I just had a revelation. I was going to respond to Meh, but his comment about the "Music Man" made me go back and check the PM I received during the night. It says that the brown cloaked figure was singing his "Cursed" song. I didn't look into the flavor too carefully when I first read it, but I think I've figured out who the cloaked figured is: Scarmiglione, one of the four fiends from FF4.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Scar ... antasy_IV)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Curse_(Ability)

The brown cloak fits, and his main attack is "Cursed Elegy", which decreases attack power.

The odd thing is, Scarmiglione is a part of a different four fiends than Marilith. Either the mod decided to mix flavors within a scum team, or there are two scum teams, each being the two groups of four fiends (unlikely since 8 scum is a bit much).
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:46 am

Post by dramonic »

Would fit with the white tornado from the beginning. Barbariccia anyone?
I'm a hoot
JPSalazar
JPSalazar
Goon
JPSalazar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Post by JPSalazar »

MPR: I know you're not the only lurker, but when it boils down to voting, it's not like I can throw more than one vote at someone.

I can just as easily put FoS out on thatguy00 or wolf for not appearing too much.

- Shrug. -

That's why it's only suspicion and NOT an actual vote.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”