Mini 968 - Bastard Mass Effect (Game Over)

Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:45 am

Post by Kerristar »

Got prodded. May be a bit before I get on with this game since I have a ton of other things that need responding to at the moment.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

VP wrote:So doombunny, you freely admit that I do something as town and yet that is scummy to you...forgive me if I'm unmoved.
In essence, this is more or less the same thing you've been saying to me. Again, you get the same answer that I've been giving you.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Col.Cathart wrote:AC/DC concert this evening.
Best. Concert. Ever. Period.

Anyway...
VP wrote:How is it flimsy? My guess is that you didn't even bother to look. If I vote hop as town, then how the frak can you call it a scumtell on me? You're clearly grasping at straws and picked the wrong one.
Self-awareness of your own mate makes any meta-defense a null, at least in my opinion. I mean, if you do something as town and something else as scum, and you REALIZE it, there's no problem with meta-manipulation the next time it comes handy.

I'm not accusing VP here, lot's of people ARE vote hopping just because even as a town, so I'm not really seeing anything scummy here. Just wanted to add that paragraph above, because I really don't like the 'I'm doing this as a town all the time, so I'm obvtown, aye?' line of reasoning.

Also, for the time being, my vote stays on Reck. In addition to LaL and all that jazz, add his promised case delayed like 3 times, to finally become a one liner explaining absolutely nothing. Being neighborized by bv doesn't mean anything in terms of Reck's alignment.

I'm still fine with DB lynch though, if Reck's will be impossible.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Col. Cat wrote:Self-awareness of your own mate makes any meta-defense a null, at least in my opinion. I mean, if you do something as town and something else as scum, and you REALIZE it, there's no problem with meta-manipulation the next time it comes handy.
Self-awareness or not, the point is that it IS something I do as town and therefore it is a null tell at best. Doombunny accusing me of being scum for it is ludicrous. Anyhow, I've wasted far too much time trying to explain this point. If it's not evident by now, I don't think people are going to understand.
Col. Cat wrote:'I'm doing this as a town all the time, so I'm obvtown, aye?' line of reasoning
This was never my reasoning. Not at all. Please explain how you are coming to that conclusion.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ah, Limerick has played with xReckx before....

So why does his play strike you as scummy again? Contradictions in his play and general recklessness are kind of his town meta.

That being said, where you at Reck? Nothing to say?
YOUR AD HERE

Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Post by Kerristar »

Two shots at Doombunny without killing him are suspicious in my mind. Plus the whole deal with luke, and he's shaping up to be a way better lynch than xReckx. Limerickx's shadiness today is suspicious, so I would say that the rest of scum is in those three, most likely DB and Lim. Although another possibility that comes to mind is xReckxScum claiming to have shot DB to gain some townpoints. The best way to find out in my opinion is:

Unvote; Vote:Doombunny.

That should be L-1.

Also I don't see the whole deal around VP. He seems town from my view, and the discussion going on between db/vp/col regarding the meta stuff is not really doing anything. So if you have anything substantial on VP besides that I would like to see it because I'm not seeing it.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm here. Reading. I need to do that Doombunny case, though I don't really see the point if he's going to get lynched for somehow surviving two different night kills anyway. *shrugs*

I think it'd be kinda pointless for the mod to give me a role where I start as nothing, then become a 0% vig. That'd be fucking retarded. Something screwy must be going on with Doombunny, unless I happened to get roleblocked or something... twice.
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm rereading the game with hindsight and all that. I only got through Day 1 tonight, so I'm just going to dump my notes for now:

Reck wrote:my role is NOT bastard-friendly, if I'm understanding that terminology correctly.
Why did you say this?

@bv310 - why did you neighborize Reck when he said he would policy lynch you D1? Seems like you'd want someone who DIDN'T want you dead. Did self-preservation play into your choice at all?

Post 37 is Doombunny defending luke...just as he did with bv310. He coaches luke in post 142.

kerristar's towniness is probably confirmed by lukepukeduke's vote for him in post 137
Reck 149 wrote:PS, something's off about LPD.
What is your experience with luke and what prompted you to say this?
Col. Cat wrote:Also, ani/DB pair is interesting, I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow.
Did this happen? I don't recall.

One thing about Doombunny that is definitely worth noting is that he was verbablly supportive of the Parama lynch, but never joined it. He kept being like 'Imma do it in my next post' and never moved his vote off Col. Cat....who we should all know is confirmed town by now. I actually brought this point up earlier and it was apparently ignored by Doombunny. :?

End Day 1

Day 2 preview of thought process fail:
Reck wrote:PS please don't vig bv310, he's town.
Reck wrote:
VP wrote: @Reck - what is your read on bv310 from your interactions? What kinds of things did you talk about in your QT?
I don't know. It's a hard read....<words>
Why did bv go from "please don't kill he's town!" to "idk what my read on him is"?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

VP wrote:One thing about Doombunny that is definitely worth noting is that he was verbablly supportive of the Parama lynch, but never joined it. He kept being like 'Imma do it in my next post' and never moved his vote off Col. Cat....who we should all know is confirmed town by now. I actually brought this point up earlier and it was apparently ignored by Doombunny.
Must have passed over it. Care to link to it?

Also, assuming Kerri is right and I'm at L-1 (forgot how many people are voting me and I don't really feel like rechecking so sue me) then i may as well claim.

I am Samara more or less a nilla townie. I follow the code of honor but don't answer to anyone blah, blah, blah... Loyal to Commander Shepherd blah, blah blah... General "PM the mod to request a modkill" stuff etc. etc. I win when every threat to Normandy is gone etc.

And yeah... That's about it...
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 6:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

To respond to VP's post:
my role is NOT bastard-friendly, if I'm understanding that terminology correctly.
What is bastard friendly about a backup vig?
PS, something's off about LPD.
I'd need to go back and check. Whatever it was, it made me say it to bv310 in our QT too. I just don't remember what it was. I think it was just an iso that made me raise an eyebrow or two.
PS please don't vig bv310, he's town.
I don't know. It's a hard read....<words>
The first was pretty much because I thought the whole "masonizer" thing was a pro-town ability (why would scum have that?) but then I kinda remembered the whole "bastard" thing and realized he could be SK with masonizer ability or something like that.
green shirt thursdays
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu May 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

"
Nominate: TonyMontana
Best Mod ever.... "

Note to self: Make Fate's death picture extra pretty

VoteCount 3.3

L-1
Doombunny9
(bv310, xRECKONERx, Fate,
luke
, Kerristar)

L-3
xRECKONERx
(Col.Cathart, Limerickx)
L-4
bv310
(VP Baltar)

Not Voting
(Doombunny9)

With 8 Alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline in about 2.5 days
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Kerristar »

[Speculation]In ME2, players have the option to kill Samara and replace her with her evil daughter, Morinth, who looks exactly like Samara. Can't help but wonder if such a falseclaim exists in this game.[/Speculation]

@ Reck: Scum Neighborizer isn't something I'd rule out of happening in a normal game. It makes for awesome WIFOM headaches from the scum.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 5:29 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

What, seriously? No way is scum neighborizer a normal role.
green shirt thursdays
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:29 am

Post by Kerristar »

xRECKONERx wrote:What, seriously? No way is scum neighborizer a normal role.
It's no worse than mafia masons, in my opinion, and those are normal.
Kerristar
Kerristar
Townie
Kerristar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Kerristar »

EBWOP: Should say, they're considered normal for Open games. I guess I can't speak for Mini-Normals.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, it's kind of a moot point since this is openly admitted to being a bastard game.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 10:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

ATTN: Doombunny's scumpadres... bus now or be lynched later.
green shirt thursdays
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Before i die I would highly advise the Col to shoot Reck tonight for obvious reasons. Also if by some minute chance Reck is a real vigil, I would advise you to shoot the Col who could VERY easily be a SK.

Also, I know it's a bit early to say this but it's somewhat likely that at least one of the remaining scum was on all three of the incorrect lynches. And right now the only one that is is Reck... (maybe Lim, The Col, and VP if they decide to hammer) so I would reccomend looking more carefully at them.

Look at the bright side everybody. At least you know I'm not a jester or I would have hammered myself already XD.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Thanks 8 hour power outage today. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to get my day 2 reread done tonight (unless I decide to stay up late, we'll see).

I'm getting jitters on the doombunny lynch with his latest post, but I'm sure I'm just second guessing myself.

@Doom - what evidence is there for you to believe there is an SK in this game other than multiple people claiming vig? Also, why would Col. claim when he did if he's an SK?
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Fate »

Oh looks like goodies are to be had here.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Fate »

DID DOOMBUNNY JUST CLAIM VANILLA IN ONE OF TONY'S GAMES?

LULZ!

DROP DA HAMMER.

Note#2: Kerri didn't Colonel or xRECK shoot you N1 and YOU didn't die? So you voting Doom for the same is kind of "lulz"

Though I will go see that Luke vote on the Kerri wagon.

Did Luke say anything else in his"immadeadimmavote" post? Would be kind of unfair if other people got to see it >_>
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I might have given Doombunny the time of day if the claim was different... but I seriously doubt a VT claim in a game that is supposed to be all screwball-esque.
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Fate wrote:Did Luke say anything else in his"immadeadimmavote" post? Would be kind of unfair if other people got to see it >_>
Nah, that's why I quoted it for posterity. He just voted.

Fate, can you link me to some other games Tony modded? If you're story checks out about lacking vanillas (and I think it will), I'll drop the hammer immediately.
YOUR AD HERE

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by Fate »

Anybody got any suggestions for my next theme?
I've already drawn up preliminary setups for Mass Effect and FFXIII (Both videogame themes, if you were wondering)

But I'm not sure my heart is in them.

I'm also leaning towards declaring myself a bastard mod for the next game, to relinquish any responsibilities i might have to being fair Razz
Well, like i said in the signups, Swingy is my middle name Razz

My previous game, which had 48 powerroles for 12 players, can attest to that:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 17#1999017

Goddamn, I wanna do one of those again... -.-

IM QUOTING A LOCKED THREAD SPARE ME TONY!

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=850

Granted it had all of ONE vanilla, but given the quotes it isn't a role he's particularly fond of >_>
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri May 28, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Boomstick!

Unvote, Vote: doombunny
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”