Pledge of Allegiance (Game Over! Page 76)

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:10 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

# Debonair Danny DiPietro: Vanilla (Could be scum or town)
# Gammagooey: SCUM
# StrangerCoug: Neighborizor (Proven, could be scum)
# popsofctown: Vanilla Townie, Country Music Superstar (Prob town, given Gamma's speech)
# RedCoyote: FBI tracker (Unconfirmed Role)
# UncertainKitten: Serial Killer with Inquisitive Tendencies (confirmed)

Honestly, given the claims, there is no way for town or me to win this. Further, I'm pretty sure scum is RC, Gamma, and DDD.

Well, I suppose it could be SC but I really wanna believe he's town.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:11 am

Post by zoraster »

Some of these were edited somewhat before being sent out, but this is the easiest for me:

===
@@ ONE
===
~DrippingGoofball~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Mafia Goon

Flavor Title:
<Pharmaceutical CEO>

Motive: Because controlling peoples' lives this way is much easier than Obamacare.

Alignment:
Mafia

Faction: {Cobalt, DrippingGoofball, Gammagooey, RedCoyote, Debonair Danny DiPietro}

Factional Abilities:
*Watch Radios: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.
*Mafia Kill: Any member of your faction who has not engaged or is not engaging in another action during the upcoming night may attempt to kill any other player by PMing the mod during the day with which Mafioso is killing whom during the day preceding the night you want the action performed. Should you perform the kill, your kill flavor will be "poisoned". This kill resolves in an instantaneous night.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

Win Condition: All other factions must be eliminated.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

The game thread can be found here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14015
===
@@ TWO
===
~Debonair Danny DiPietro~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Mafia Jailer

Flavor Title:
<Corrections Officers' Union Chairman>

Motive: The drug lobby is bribing you more than anyone else right now.

Alignment:
Mafia

Faction: {Cobalt, DrippingGoofball, Gammagooey, RedCoyote, Debonair Danny DiPietro}

Factional Abilities:
*Mafia Kill: Any member of your faction who has not engaged or is not engaging in another action during the upcoming night may attempt to kill any other player by PMing the mod during the day with which Mafioso is killing whom during the day preceding the night you want the action performed. Should you perform the kill, your kill flavor will be "beaten". This kill resolves in an instantaneous night.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Jailer: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. That target will be Roleblocked but protected from all kills during the following instantaneous night as well as the following day. This ability resolves immediately. This ability does not affect actions that resolve before this one.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

The game thread can be found here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14015
===
@@ THREE
===
~Cobalt~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Mafia Role Cop

Flavor Title:
<American Trial Lawyers Association Chairman>

Motive: You're the linchpin of the Mafia's ability to control the common people; You have seen the future and it is litigious.

Alignment:
Mafia

Factional Abilities:
*Mafia Kill: Any member of your faction who has not engaged or is not engaging in another action during the upcoming night may attempt to kill any other player by PMing the mod during the day with which Mafioso is killing whom during the day preceding the night you want the action performed. Should you perform the kill, your kill flavor will be "sued to death". This kill resolves in an instantaneous night.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Role Cop: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. During the next instantaneous night, you will learn their Role Title and Win Condition.

===
@@ FOUR
===
~RedCoyote~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Mafia Tracker

Flavor Title:
<Verizon CEO>

Motive: It's not a controlled proletariat police state without you.

Alignment:
Mafia

Factional Abilities:
*Mafia Kill: Any member of your faction who has not engaged or is not engaging in another action during the upcoming night may attempt to kill any other player by PMing the mod during the day with which Mafioso is killing whom during the day preceding the night you want the action performed. Should you perform the kill, your kill flavor will be "contracted cancer". This kill resolves in an instantaneous night.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Tracker: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. In the following instantaneous night, you will learn the names of every player your target targeted that Day.

===
@@ FIVE
===
~Gammagooey~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Mafia Godfather

Flavor Title:
<
Tarhalindur, ♪♥!? over Mafia
>

Motive: "Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."

Alignment:
Mafia

Factional Abilities:
*Mafia Kill: Any member of your faction who has not engaged or is not engaging in another action during the upcoming night may attempt to kill any other player by PMing the mod during the day with which Mafioso is killing whom during the day preceding the night you want the action performed. Should you perform the kill, your kill flavor will be "took 9999 damage". This kill resolves in an instantaneous night.

Passive Abilities:
*Bulletproof x1: The first time you would die by a player consciously targeting you with a killing action, you won't die. You will not be notified when this occurs.
*Information: You know that the following flavor names are not in this game: <President >, <Guantanamo Bay Officer>, <CIA Agent>, <Navy Commandant>. You can come up with a fifth one yourself.
*More Information: You know that <Fringe Tea Party “Activist” > is a neutral role is in this game and means your faction no harm.

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ SIX
===
~farside22~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Tracker

Flavor Title:
<C-SPAN Executive>

Motive: Hopefully this will boost your ratings. Oh, and that whole preserving the union thing.

Alignment:
Town

Faction: {REDACTED}

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Tracker: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. In the following instantaneous night, you will learn the names of every player your target targeted that Day.

Win Condition: Force a game state where no living player's Win Condition requires you to die.

===
@@ SEVEN
===
~Ellibereth~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Bodyguard

Flavor Title:
<Secret Service Agent>

Motive: They've been paying you in life insurance money up until this point.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
You know there is a sniper out there who wants nothing more than to eliminate the government. The secret service is trying to track down this sniper. Every so often, you’ll be notified of a player who is definitively NOT the sniper.

Active Abilities:
*Bodyguard: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. Any kills made during the following instantaneous night or the following day that target that player will instead target you. This ability resolves immediately. This ability does not apply to actions that resolve before this one.

Win Condition: Force a game state where no living player's Win Condition requires you to die.

===
@@ EIGHT
===
~LlamaFluff~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Redirecter

Flavor Title:
<Traffic Cop>

Motive: It's the most you can do to keep the peace, all things considered.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Redirecter: During each Day you may PM the mod with two targets. Any action that night or the following day that targets your first target will instead target your second target. You may not choose yourself as your first target. If you are Roleblocked your action will fail.

===
@@ NINE
===
~Jazzmyn~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Neighborizer

Flavor Title:
<LGBTQIA Rights Organizer>

Motive: You'll get rights more easily if the government owes you the victory.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Neighborizer: During each Day you may PM the mod with the name of a target. In the following instantaneous night you will be able to speak to that player freely through a provided QuickTopic. Successive uses of this ability will utilize the same QT.

===
@@ TEN
===
~VP Baltar~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Universal Backup

Flavor Title:
<Contractor>

Motive: "We're not just doing this for money... We're doing it for a shitload of money!"

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
*Universal Backup: The first time any town role with an ability that is NOT one-time-use dies, you will gain that ability.

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ ELEVEN
===
~charter~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Town Backup

Flavor Title:
<Celebrity Impersonator>

Motive: You're weird.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
*Backup: The first time any town role with an ability that is NOT one-time-use dies, you will gain that ability.

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ TWELVE
===
~Parama~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Motive Cop

Flavor Title:
<High School Civics Teacher>

Motive: Nobody else has any idea who's who, even the ones who WORK in the government.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Motive Cop: During each Day you may PM the mod with the name of a target. In the following instantaneous night, you will receive a result of "Other" or "No Result", based on whether that player has a Win Condition other than the standard Town or Mafia Win Conditions. Note that getting a result of "Other" does not necessarily imply that they must die to fulfill your Win Condition!

===
@@ THIRTEEN
===
~Nicodemus~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Vanilla Townie

Flavor Title:
<Director of Homeland Security>

Motive: It's not serious if Homeland Security isn't involved.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ FOURTEEN
===
~popsofctown~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Vanilla Townie

Flavor Title:
<Country Music Superstar>

Motive: Everyone profits from morale-boosting ditties with attitude. ♪

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ FIFTEEN
===
~Jack~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Vanilla Townie

Flavor Title:
<Grassroots Organizer>

Motive: You're a good person at heart.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ SIXTEEN
===
~Ojanen~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Vanilla Townie

Flavor Title:
<Diplomat from England>

Motive: It would be in EVERYONE'S worst interest if this country fell.

Alignment:
Town

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
<none>

===
@@ SEVENTEEN
===
~d3x~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Executive

Flavor Title:
<Secretary of State>

Motive: Because diplomats are all about score keeping.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {d3x, Phate}

Factional Abilities:
*Walkie-Talkie: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Governor x1: Once during the game, during Twilight (after a hammering vote but before the lynch reveal) you may PM the mod to stop the lynch. You may anticipate a lynch by sending a PM to the mod before the hammer falls, but if that person is not lynched, it will not work that day. This ability is shared with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Watcher x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told if your target was targeted by someone (but not who) that night. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.

*Scoreboard x1: Once during the game, you may PM the mod to ask where you stand relative to the other point scorer(s). This will tell you ONLY your rank compared to the other point scorer(s), and it will not tell you how many points that the other point scorer(s) has. You share this ability with your ally.

Win Condition: You will be judged at the end of the game via a points system. You know that there exists at least one other faction that is also being judged via a (possibly different) points system. You win if you score more points than all other scored factions. Your score is calculated as follows:
+2 for each member of your faction on a successful Mafia lynch.
-1 for each member of your faction with your Win Condition on a successful Town lynch.
+2 for each member of your faction with your Win Condition who survives to the endgame without claiming role title, flavor title, or alignment. (This is up to the moderator's discretion.)
+1 if the Town Win Condition is ultimately achieved.
+2 if the Governor ability is used to pardon a Townie's lynch.
-2 if the Governor ability is used to pardon a Mafia’s lynch.
+2 if the
recipient
of your transmission was town
-1 if the
recipient
of your transmission was mafia.
-3 for each power not used by the end of the game.

===
@@ EIGHTEEN
===
~Phate~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Executive

Flavor Title:
<Secretary of Defense>

Motive: Because the military-industrial complex gotta get paid.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {d3x, Phate}

Factional Abilities:
*Walkie-Talkie: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Governor x1: Once during the game, during Twilight (after a hammering vote but before the lynch reveal) you may PM the mod to stop the lynch. You may anticipate a lynch by sending a PM to the mod before the hammer falls, but if that person is not lynched, it will not work that day. This ability is shared with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Watcher x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told if your target was targeted by someone (but not who) that night. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.
*Scoreboard x1: Once during the game, you may PM the mod to ask where you stand relative to the other point scorer(s). This will tell you ONLY your rank compared to the other point scorer(s), and it will not tell you how many points that the other point scorer(s) has. You share this ability with your ally.

Win Condition: You will be judged at the end of the game via a points system. You know that there exists at least one other faction that is also being judged via a (possibly different) points system. You win if you score more points than all other scored factions. Your score is calculated as follows:
-1 for each member of your faction with your Win Condition on a successful Town lynch.
+2 for each member of your faction with your Win Condition who survives to the endgame without claiming role title, flavor title, or alignment. (This is up to the moderator's discretion.)
+2 if the Governor ability is used to pardon a Townie's lynch.
-2 if the Governor ability is used to pardon a Mafia’s lynch.
+2 if the
recipient
of your transmission was town
-1 if the
recipient
of your transmission was mafia.
-3 for each power not used by the end of the game.

===
@@ NINETEEN
===
~Shotty to the Body~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Legislature

Flavor Title:
<Speaker of the House>

Motive: Because you already have pro wrestling experience.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {Shotty to the Body, xvart}

Factional Abilities:
*Cell Phone: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Roleblocker x1: Once during the game, you may PM the mod with a target during the day. This player will be blocked from using any active power the following night as well as the following instantaneous night as well as the following day. You share this ability with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Role Cop x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told your target’s role name, but not his alignment or flavor. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.

+1 for using the Roleblock x1 ability on a member of a non-Town non-scored faction.
-1 for using the Roleblock x1 ability on a member of the Town.
If the player targeted by Roleblock x1 actually uses an action, the point bonus is doubled (for better or worse).
+2 if the
recipient
of your role cop transmission was town.
-1 if the
recipient
of your role cop transmission was mafia.
-3 for each ability you do not use before the end of the game.

===
@@ TWENTY
===
~xvart~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Legislature

Flavor Title:
<Senate Majority Leader>

Motive: Must. Protect. Pork.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {Shotty to the Body, xvart}

Factional Abilities:
*Cell Phone: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Roleblocker x1: Once during the game, you may PM the mod with a target during the day. This player will be blocked from using any active power the following night as well as the following instantaneous night as well as the following day. You share this ability with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Role Cop x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told your target’s role name, but not his alignment or flavor. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.

+1 for using the Roleblock x1 ability on a member of a non-Town non-scored faction.
-1 for using the Roleblock x1 ability on a member of the Town.
If the player targeted by Roleblock x1 actually uses an action, the point bonus is doubled (for better or worse).
+2 if the
recipient
of your role cop transmission was town.
-1 if the
recipient
of your role cop transmission was mafia.
-3 for each ability you do not use before the end of the game.

===
@@ TWENTY-ONE
===
~imaginality~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Judiciary

Flavor Title:
<Associate Justice of SCOTUS>

Motive: Someone has to keep right and wrong in order. At least somewhat.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {imaginality, FishytheFish}

Factional Abilities:
*Private Forum: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>

Active Abilities:
*Persistent Doctor x1: During each Day, you may PM the mod with the name of a target. That player will be protected from the first kill that would resolve on that player from that point on in the following instantaneous night as well as the next day. This ability does nothing after it successfully prevents a kill, but you will not be informed if/when that happens. This ability is shared with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Tracker x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told whether your target visited anyone that night, but not who he visited. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.

+2 if the Persistent Doctor x1 ability prevents a Town-aligned player's death.
-2 if the Persistent Doctor x1 ability prevents the death of a player whose Win Condition requires you to die.
+2 if the
recipient
of your tracker transmission was town.
-1 if the
recipient
of your tracker transmission was mafia.
-1 for each night you do not attempt to use your
-3 for the transmitting tracker ability not being used by the end of the game.

===
@@ TWENTY-ONE
===
~FishytheFish~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
The Judiciary

Flavor Title:
<Chief Justice of SCOTUS>

Motive: You have made your ruling; now let's see you enforce it.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {imaginality, FishytheFish}

Factional Abilities:
*Private Forum: You may speak with your allies at any time in this QuickTopic.

Passive Abilities:
<none>g

Active Abilities:
*Persistent Doctor x1: During each Day, you may PM the mod with the name of a target. That player will be protected from the first kill that would resolve on that player from that point on in the following instantaneous night as well as the next day. This ability does nothing after it successfully prevents a kill, but you will not be informed if/when that happens. This ability is shared with your ally.
*Transmitting Weak Tracker x 1: Once during the game during the Day, you may send me a target and a recipient. Following instantaneous night, your recipient will be told whether your target visited anyone that night, but not who he visited. You will not be told the result, but you will be told if you were role blocked. You may not target anyone in your faction. You share this ability with your ally.

+2 if the Persistent Doctor x1 ability prevents a Town-aligned player's death.
-2 if the Persistent Doctor x1 ability prevents the death of a player whose Win Condition requires you to die.
+2 if the
recipient
of your tracker transmission was town.
-1 if the
recipient
of your tracker transmission was mafia.
-1 for each day the doctor power is unused.
-3 for the transmitting tracker ability not being used by the end of the game.

===
@@ TWENTY-THREE
===
~Zorblag~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Neutral Sniper Vigilante

Flavor Title:
<Fringe Tea Party “Activist”>

Motive: You want to subject the government to death panels.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {Zorblag}

Factional Abilities:
<none>

Passive Abilities:
*Information: You may claim to be an ordinary college student safely.

Active Abilities:
*Sniper Vigilante: During each Day you may PM the mod with the name of a player. If that player is a standing member of the government (i.e. Legislature, Executive, Judiciary) you will kill that player. Your kill flavor is "sniped". In the event that your kill succeeds, you may kill again that Day. Every time you target someone who isn’t a member of the government, the secret service is notified that that person is not the sniper.

Win Condition: You win if there are no eligible targets for Sniper Vigilante remaining in the game and you are still alive, at which time you will leave the game. You must be alive when this condition is fulfilled to win. Take note that the game may end before you can complete this mission.

===
@@ TWENTY-FOUR
===
~UncertainKitten~

Game Title:
Pledge of Allegiance

Role Title:
Serial Killer with Inquisitive Tendencies

Flavor Title:
<FOX News Correspondant>

Motive: We report. We decide.

Alignment:
Neutral

Faction: {UncertainKitten}

Factional Abilities:
*Inquisition: During each Day you may PM the mod with a target. That player will be killed and recruited into your neighborhood, in that order. Your kill flavor is "talked to death". Your kill resolves at the end of the Day.

Passive Abilities:
*Bulletproof x1: The first time you would die by a player consciously targeting you with a killing action, you won't die. You will not be notified when this occurs.
*Information: You may claim to be a news correspondents safely.

Active Abilities:
<none>

Win Condition: You win if the game forces a state such that only members of your faction are alive.

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Yaaaaaaaaaaay. But yeah Vi gave me Tarhalindur after I replaced into a town tarhalindur spot in mafia reverb and [redacted-ongoing game]
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:11 am

Post by zoraster »

Last edited by zoraster on Sat May 29, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:12 am

Ah, cool.

So, now that the game's over, can someone PLEASE explain to me why claiming vig as SK is stupid, at least in a set up that will have non standard town:scum:other numbers?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

The only reason it was dumb is because it let us jail you continously and basically force a win that way. Massclaim actually screwed the town over pretty hard (well that and not lynching Zorblag)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:15 am

Post by zoraster »

So here are some off-the-cuff remarks:

1. I thought this game was enjoyable. It was certainly swingy, but when we have 11 town, 8 others, and 5 mafia, it's almost necessary for it to be so
2. I want to thank Vi and Spyre who spent HOURS helping me make this. Things got pretty darn heated in our QT (which for various reasons I won't reveal), but I think it came out with a creative, interesting and (relatively) balance setup. I think the setup showed heavy influence from all the mods involved, which made it fun I think.
3. The fact there were two backups made it REALLY hard for the others when Parama was killed because that meant there were now two people who could tell they were others.
4. I tried to provide plenty of incentive for the government not to claim so that Zorblag couldn't just mow you down, but that's not what happened. Oh well.
5. Mafia played a very good game. Gamma was especially impressive in the QT and designed it.
6. I really like running instant nightless. It's a lot more work for me as a mod, and I think it slightly increases the chances of a mistake on my part, but I think it pays off.
7. I think this is a totally workable theme game. I'd love to do it again in a while. It is REALLY tough on mods though, and I think the nature of it makes it both harder and easier for scum as they have to compete with meta on the one hand but the town can't reasonably conclude there are X scum in a game.

I invite Vi and Spyre to make any comments they want.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:18 am

The only reason it was dumb is because it let us jail you continously and basically force a win that way. Massclaim actually screwed the town over pretty hard (well that and not lynching Zorblag)
Right, but it sounds like mafia theory in GENERAL says it's dumb. Whereas I don't see the issue if you can bring it off. What ELSE are you supposed to claim? Especially when it's obvious no other vig is going to come forward?

@Zora: Ok, so, do you think the game would have ended differently if my Plum kill had gone through as planned? And why did my Zor kill miss?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Vi »

UK 1904 wrote:So, now that the game's over, can someone PLEASE explain to me why claiming vig as SK is stupid, at least in a set up that will have non standard town:scum:other numbers?
*Most setups don't have nonstandard Town/Scum/Other numbers
*Most Large setups already have a Vig
*The Book of ScumhuntingTM, Chapter 6

Originally UK's killing ability said something like "You will kill that player, think about recruiting them, but then decide against it and kill them again. First kill flavor is 'talked to death'; second kill flavor is 'turned into a vegetable'".

Role assignments were absolutely nonrandom. After the setup was put together, I matched players to roles according to what I thought they would like. That and I wanted to troll UK and Gammagooey.

I thought that once someone eventually bit the bullet and said HAY THERE'S A NETWORK OF NONTOWNS RUNNING AROUND AND WE WANT TO HELP TOWN, and that person flipped just like they said they would, the Town would realize they had a lot more power roles than advertised working for them. But etc.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Here is my spreadsheet for actions: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... sRHc&hl=en
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:20 am

Ok, well, yeah, those reasons are good, but a vig would, for the most part, be apparent by the time I claimed. The Book of Scumhunting™ seems stupid. I did admirably DESPITE investigations, I think.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

EBWOP: So, basically, in this set up, claiming vig wasn't as stupid as it could be, and people saying it was were basically parroting "CAUSE IT'S MAFIER THEORY :V!"
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

Post by zoraster »

I thought UK did an excellent job. She had an uphill battle, but I don't feel so bad. I think anyone who picks "other" when given the choice has to know they're signing up for something really challenging.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

:(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:22 am

Also hilarious: I shot every one of the scum team at least once.

Except DGB, but I got her lynched. I think I even took a shot at Chrono...or did I change that action?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Vi »

UncertainKitten 1910 wrote:Ok, well, yeah, those reasons are good, but a vig would, for the most part, be apparent by the time I claimed. The Book of Scumhunting™ seems stupid. I did admirably DESPITE investigations, I think.
Agreed. You took unusual situations as they came and played off of them nicely. But don't expect to have these opportunities later.

Incidentally, I fully expected you to get lynched really early on because of your Other love.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 am

Eh, I knew it would be uphill, but I'm mildly irritated at the concentration of investigative roles. However, part of that was the bad luck of having both universal back ups get Other cop. I also think that the Plum error lowered my chances considerably.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 am

Post by Gammagooey »

UK-I actually think the game would have gone pretty similarly assuming we still did the massclaim d3 and started jailing you from there on, except charter would probably have gotten lynched for claiming "motive cop" that doesn't actually look at motives a lot sooner since Plum wouldn't be there to back him up.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Vi »

I just saw that RedCoyote Tracked "the path of the moon across the sky". Glad to see someone else here has a sense of humor :?
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:25 am

And nah, honestly, I was considering town, but went for other because I wondered if I could get away with Inquisitor again.

And yeah, I wouldn't claim vig if I didn't think I could get away with it. I do think that this is proof that you can't just have an inflexible playbook and ALWAYS FOLLOW THESE RULES >=[!

This'll be WIFOM, but I'm likely to pick town in any future pick alignment set ups. I got outraged at some of the silliness surrounding my supposed SKness. DGB's arguments were just dumb.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

What ruined this game is that the others had all the power to help the town as they moved towards their wincon, but they all just volunteered to get mowed down. Town didn't really have that much power so they just died.

I figured the "with inquisitive tendencies" could have been a second night power, but thought it was worth it to vote charter because it seemed improbable, and because I hadn't liked charter's play.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Oh yeah, this was the first role PM I sent to Zoraster d4-
zoraster wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:I will kill StrangerCoug.
DDD will jail UncertainKitten. If UncertainKitten is lynched, DDD will instead wave his dick around in VICTORY.
rofl
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 am

UK-I actually think the game would have gone pretty similarly assuming we still did the massclaim d3 and started jailing you from there on, except charter would probably have gotten lynched for claiming "motive cop" that doesn't actually look at motives a lot sooner since Plum wouldn't be there to back him up.
But without charter and plum, I'd still be coasting on vig claim, and RedCoyote would have at least been lynched. It would also have been possible for us to catch you and Danny, IMO.

Honestly, it would have been most important to catch Danny.

Also, a lot of claims came from the confusion regarding my shot, so massclaim may not have been followed through on. But, what ifs don't win games, so yeah.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:28 am

Post by charter »

Good work scum, excellent job DDD in particular, I don't think anyone ever suspected you.

I thought the concept of the point grabbers was pretty nifty, though it really hurt the town after they all claimed, because we had like four of them go down at once, who were trying to help the town.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Well yeah but as soon as charter's mislynch went through if Zorblag+others were out of the game by then it would be a situation just like today- 5 maf 4 town and a serial killer.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”